About Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
Minerva Neurosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on the development and commercialization of a portfolio of product candidates to treat patients suffering from central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The Company's product portfolio and indications include MIN-101 for the treatment of schizophrenia; MIN-202, for the treatment of insomnia disorder and major depressive disorder (MDD); MIN-117, for the treatment of MDD, and MIN-301 for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. MIN-101 is a compound that blocks serotonin receptors and sigma receptors, two receptors in the brain that are involved in the regulation of mood, cognition, sleep and anxiety. MIN-117 is meant to block a specific subtype of serotonin receptor called 5-hydroxytryptamine type 1A (5-HT1A). MIN-202 is a selective orexin 2 receptor antagonist. MIN-301 is a soluble recombinant form of the Neuregulin-1b1 (NRG-1b1) protein, for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Market Cap: $316.69 million
- Outstanding Shares: 42,509,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $7.26
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $7.62
- 52 Week Range: $5.55 - $14.15
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -4.84
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $2.67 per share
- Price / Book: 2.79
- EBITDA: ($37,690,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -36.13%
- Return on Assets: -28.47%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.01%
- Current Ratio: 5.35%
- Quick Ratio: 5.35%
- Average Volume: 221,078 shs.
- Beta: 1.72
- Short Ratio: 6.67
Frequently Asked Questions for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
What is Minerva Neurosciences' stock symbol?
Minerva Neurosciences trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NERV."
How were Minerva Neurosciences' earnings last quarter?
Minerva Neurosciences, Inc (NASDAQ:NERV) posted its earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported ($0.27) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.34) by $0.07. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned ($0.18) EPS. View Minerva Neurosciences' Earnings History.
When will Minerva Neurosciences make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Minerva Neurosciences' stock going? Where will Minerva Neurosciences' stock price be in 2017?
3 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Minerva Neurosciences' stock. Their forecasts range from $11.00 to $20.00. On average, they anticipate Minerva Neurosciences' stock price to reach $16.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Minerva Neurosciences.
What are analysts saying about Minerva Neurosciences stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Minerva Neurosciences stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Minerva Neurosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It is focused on the development and commercialization of a portfolio of product candidates to treat central nervous system diseases. The Company's pipeline will initially target the treatment of schizophrenia, major depressive disorder (MDD), insomnia, and Parkinson's disease. Its product candidates include MIN-101, MIN-117, MIN-202 and MIN-301. Minerva Neurosciences, Inc. is based in Cambridge, MA, United States. " (10/5/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We believe NERV's two candidates MIN-101 and -202 offer upside to shares. MIN-101, designed to treat negative symptoms in schizophrenia, an unmet need, has demonstrated stat sig benefits in PIIb. MIN-202, partnered with JNJ, may offer an effective tx to insomnia with fewer side effects, and has demonstrated positive data in PIIa with stat sig improvements in key sleep parameters. We assume with Buy and $17 PT." (3/6/2017)
Who are some of Minerva Neurosciences' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Minerva Neurosciences include Synergy Pharmaceuticals (SGYP), G1 Therapeutics (GTHX), Axovant Sciences Ltd (AXON), Achaogen (AKAO), Calithera Biosciences (CALA), Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN), Rigel Pharmaceuticals (RIGL), Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL), Insys Therapeutics (INSY), Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI), Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (AUPH), Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC (ADAP), uniQure N.V. (QURE), Clementia Pharmaceuticals (CMTA), Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP), Jounce Therapeutics (JNCE), MannKind Corporation (MNKD) and Selecta Biosciences (SELB).
Who are Minerva Neurosciences' key executives?
Minerva Neurosciences' management team includes the folowing people:
- Marc D. Beer, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Remy Luthringer Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Geoffrey Race, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Joseph Reilly, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President
- Frederick Ahlholm CPA, Chief Accounting Officer, Vice President
- Mark Levine, Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- David J Kupfer M.D., Independent Director
- Fouzia Laghrissi-Thode M.D., Independent Director
- G. J. van Heek, Independent Director
How do I buy Minerva Neurosciences stock?
Shares of Minerva Neurosciences can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Minerva Neurosciences' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ NERV)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Minerva Neurosciences and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Minerva Neurosciences stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.45.
Earnings History for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)Earnings History by Quarter for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ NERV)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
Earnings Estimates for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($1.60)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 21.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 69.29%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/20/2017||Marc D Beer||Director||Buy||50,000||$8.12||$406,000.00|| |
|2/6/2017||Geoff Race||CFO||Sell||21,450||$11.02||$236,379.00|| |
|2/6/2017||Remy Luthringer||CEO||Sell||34,281||$11.02||$377,776.62|| |
|1/11/2017||Joseph H Reilly||COO||Sell||1,600||$12.03||$19,248.00|| |
|1/4/2017||Mark S Levine||SVP||Sell||17,500||$12.00||$210,000.00|| |
|12/27/2016||Frederick W Ahlholm||SVP||Sell||17,000||$12.51||$212,670.00|| |
|8/10/2016||Venture Associates L Index III||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,000,000||$10.00||$10,000,000.00|| |
|6/21/2016||David Kupfer||Director||Buy||55,635||$10.84||$603,083.40|| |
|3/17/2016||David Kupfer||Director||Buy||181,488||$5.51||$999,998.88|| |
|3/18/2015||Care Capital Iii Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,206,700||$5.75||$6,938,525.00|| |
|3/18/2015||Rubertis Francesco De||Director||Buy||202,634||$4.81||$974,669.54|| |
|3/13/2015||& Johnson Johnson||Major Shareholder||Buy||607,903||$4.81||$2,924,013.43|| |
|1/26/2015||Care Capital Iii Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||482,112||$5.11||$2,463,592.32|| |
|1/8/2015||Care Capital Iii Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||531,808||$7.38||$3,924,743.04|| |
|7/7/2014||Care Capital Iii Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||737,500||$6.00||$4,425,000.00|| |
|7/7/2014||Michele Ollier||Director||Buy||1,620,833||$6.00||$9,724,998.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Coelho Rogerio Vivaldi||CEO||Buy||41,667||$6.00||$250,002.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Frederick W Ahlholm||CAO||Buy||10,000||$6.00||$60,000.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Geoff Race||CFO||Buy||33,333||$6.00||$199,998.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Heek G Jan Van||Director||Buy||3,333||$6.00||$19,998.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Joseph H Reilly||Insider||Buy||8,333||$6.00||$49,998.00|| |
Headline Trends for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
Latest Headlines for Minerva Neurosciences (NASDAQ:NERV)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017