Proofpoint, Inc. is a security-as-a-service provider that enables large and mid-sized organizations around the world. The Company's security-as-a-service platform consists of a suite of on-demand data protection solutions, including threat protection, incident response, regulatory compliance, archiving, governance, eDiscovery and secure communication. Its solutions are built on a cloud-based platform, which protects data through on-premise and cloud-based e-mail, instant messaging, social media and other Web-based applications, and also keeps tracks of the information as it is modified and distributed throughout the enterprise for compliance and data loss prevention. Its security-as-a-service platform offers five solutions: Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Proofpoint Information Protection, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, Proofpoint Social Media Security & Compliance, and Proofpoint Essentials.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Application Software
- Sub-Industry: Systems Software
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: PFPT
- CUSIP: 74342410
- Previous Close: $81.32
- 50 Day Moving Average: $80.99
- 200 Day Moving Average: $76.96
- 52-Week Range: $43,014,000.00 - $46.37
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 86.57
- P/E Growth: 7.27
- Market Cap: $3.43B
- Outstanding Shares: 43,014,000
- Beta: 1.35
- Net Margins: -29.62%
- Return on Equity: -110.22%
- Return on Assets: -8.64%
Companies Related to Proofpoint:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 7.21%
- Current Ratio: 1.74%
- Quick Ratio: 1.73%
What is Proofpoint's stock symbol?
Proofpoint trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "PFPT."
Where is Proofpoint's stock going? Where will Proofpoint's stock price be in 2017?
25 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Proofpoint's shares. Their predictions range from $32.00 to $100.00. On average, they expect Proofpoint's share price to reach $83.29 in the next twelve months.
When will Proofpoint announce their earnings?
Proofpoint is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 19th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Proofpoint stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Proofpoint stock:
- Wedbush analysts commented, "PFPT's visibility, sales execution, and product differentiation contribute to its quarterly consistency and sustained growth. Although the market for basic email protection is relatively mature, we think PFPT is growing the market and increasing its mid-teens share through its advanced threat offerings, cloud model, and an increasingly dangerous threat environment. Shares will probably be down this morning due to a slightly smaller 4Q beat, as linearity and churn returned to more typical levels following upticks in 2Q and 3Q. We're encouraged by a promising start for PFPT's new email fraud defense (EFD) offering, and more generally by the company's sustained momentum on all major metrics. With PFPT trading at 8.4x EV/ CY17E revenue and on track for mid-30% growth and margin expansion, we see the current entry point as very attractive." (1/27/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Proofpoint, Inc. is a leading security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving & governance, and secure communications. Organizations around the world depend on Proofpoint's expertise, patented technologies, and on-demand delivery system to protect against phishing, malware and spam, safeguard privacy, encrypt sensitive information, and archive and govern messages and critical enterprise information. " (1/27/2017)
Who owns Proofpoint stock?
Proofpoint's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (2.67%), Artisan Partners Limited Partnership (2.06%), State Street Corp (1.78%), Eventide Asset Management LLC (0.90%), Fred Alger Management Inc. (0.82%) and Light Street Capital Management LLC (0.70%). Company insiders that own Proofpoint stock include Anthony J Bettencourt, Dana L Evan, David Knight, Douglas F Garn, Eric Hahn, Gary Steele, Paul R Auvil III, Robert Darren Lee and Tracey Newell.
Who sold Proofpoint stock? Who is selling Proofpoint stock?
Proofpoint's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, Light Street Capital Management LLC, Fred Alger Management Inc., Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Guggenheim Capital LLC and Envestnet Asset Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Proofpoint stock in the last year include Anthony J Bettencourt, Dana L Evan, David Knight, Eric Hahn, Gary Steele, Paul R Auvil III, Robert Darren Lee and Tracey Newell.
Who bought Proofpoint stock? Who is buying Proofpoint stock?
Proofpoint's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., Advisory Research Inc., Angelo Gordon & CO. L.P., Brown Advisory Inc., Osterweis Capital Management Inc., TCW Group Inc., Handelsbanken Fonder AB and A.R.T. Advisors LLC.
How do I buy Proofpoint stock?
Shares of Proofpoint can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Proofpoint stock cost?
One share of Proofpoint stock can currently be purchased for approximately $79.64.