About Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
Plug Power Inc. is a provider of alternative energy technology focused on the design, development, commercialization and manufacture of hydrogen fuel cell systems used for the industrial off-road market and the stationary power market. The Company's product line includes GenKey, GenDrive, GenFuel, GenCare and ReliOn. GenKey offers solutions to customers transitioning their material handling vehicles to fuel cell power. GenDrive is a hydrogen fueled proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell system. It provides power to material handling vehicles. GenFuel is a hydrogen fueling delivery system. It is designed to allow customers to refuel its GenDrive units for productivity. GenCare is an ongoing maintenance program for both the GenDrive fuel cells and GenFuel products. ReliOn is a stationary fuel cell solution. It provides scalable, modular PEM fuel cell power to support the backup and grid-support power requirements of the telecommunications, transportation and utility sectors.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Industrial Products
- Industry: Stationary Fuel Cells
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:PLUG
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.plugpower.com
- Market Cap: $614.32 million
- Outstanding Shares: 224,730,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $2.55
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $2.23
- 52 Week Range: $0.83 - $3.07
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -19.29
- P/E Growth: -0.26
- Annual Revenue: $87.98 million
- Price / Sales: 6.90
- Book Value: $0.44 per share
- Price / Book: 6.14
- EBITDA: ($63,180,000.00)
- Net Margins: -112.95%
- Return on Equity: -86.35%
- Return on Assets: -32.25%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.41%
- Current Ratio: 1.31%
- Quick Ratio: 0.68%
- Average Volume: 5.58 million shs.
- Beta: 1.88
- Short Ratio: 8.88
Frequently Asked Questions for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
What is Plug Power's stock symbol?
Plug Power trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "PLUG."
How were Plug Power's earnings last quarter?
Plug Power, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLUG) posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported ($0.10) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.07) by $0.03. The business earned $22.60 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $28.58 million. Plug Power had a negative return on equity of 86.35% and a negative net margin of 112.95%. The business's quarterly revenue was up 10.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted ($0.04) earnings per share. View Plug Power's Earnings History.
When will Plug Power make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Plug Power's stock going? Where will Plug Power's stock price be in 2017?
7 analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for Plug Power's shares. Their forecasts range from $1.30 to $4.00. On average, they anticipate Plug Power's stock price to reach $3.04 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Plug Power.
What are analysts saying about Plug Power stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Plug Power stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Plug Power Inc. is a leading provider of alternative energy technology focused on the design, development, commercialization and manufacture of hydrogen fuel cell systems used primarily for the material handling and stationary power market. They are focused on proton exchange membrane, or PEM, fuel cell and fuel processing technologies, fuel cell/battery hybrid technologies, and associated hydrogen storage and dispensing infrastructure from which multiple products are available. They sell and continue to develop fuel cell product solutions to replace lead-acid batteries in material handling vehicles and industrial trucks for some of North America's largest distribution and manufacturing businesses. Their current product line includes: GenDrive, GenFuel, GenCare, ReliOn, and GenKey. " (10/17/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, " On Friday, February 24, PLUG held its annual outlook call, announcing in-line preliminary 4Q16 results and 2017 guidance. Our key takeaways are as follows: (1) PLUG slightly beat its 2016 goal with ~4,010 GenDrive units deployed; (2) it posted solid 4Q16 order bookings of $110M with 90% from the U.S., a positive in light of the ITC expiration; (3) 2017 revenue was guided to $130M, up 50% YOY, but we expect a back-half-loaded year, similar to 2016; (4) 2017 bookings are up 18% YOY at $325M, and ~75% of revenue guidance, or $100M, is in contracted backlog; (5) 2017 gross margins of 8%'12% are in line with our expectations of 10.1%; (6) China has the potential to become a significant revenue contributor as PLUG develops its infrastructure and local relationships, although we expect modest revenue contribution in 2017; and (7) management anticipates reaching operating breakeven in 4Q17, although we do not forecast that occurring. Despite the tilt toward a back-half-loaded year, we are encouraged by the continued growth in Plug's core business, improving revenue visibility, and a line of sight toward operating profitability." (2/27/2017)
Are investors shorting Plug Power?
Plug Power saw a increase in short interest during the month of September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 30,503,722 shares, an increase of 23.7% from the September 15th total of 39,968,091 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 9,013,637 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 3.4 days. Approximately 13.6% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Plug Power's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Plug Power include TASER International (AAXN), Astec Industries (ASTE), Quad Graphics (QUAD), Constellium N.V. (CSTM), General Cable Corporation (BGC), ScanSource (SCSC), Calgon Carbon Corporation (CCC), Briggs & Stratton Corporation (BGG), Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY), H&E Equipment Services (HEES), Lindsay Corporation (LNN), Encore Wire Corporation (WIRE), CIRCOR International (CIR), Fairmount Santrol Holdings (FMSA), NN (NNBR), Columbus McKinnon Corporation (CMCO), TPI Composites (TPIC) and Ituran Location and Control (ITRN).
Who are Plug Power's key executives?
Plug Power's management team includes the folowing people:
- George C. McNamee, Chairman of the Board
- Andrew J Marsh, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Paul B. Middleton, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Keith C Schmid, Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President
- Gerard L. Conway Jr., Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Martin Daniel Hull, Chief Accounting Officer, Corporate Controller
- Jose Luis Crespo, Vice President - Global Sales
- Gregory B. Graves, Director
- Lucas P. Schneider, Director
- Maureen O. Helmer, Independent Director
How do I buy Plug Power stock?
Shares of Plug Power can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Plug Power's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Plug Power (NASDAQ PLUG)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Plug Power and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Plug Power stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.70.
Consensus Ratings for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 1 Hold Rating, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.57)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$3.04 (12.70% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
Analysts' Ratings History for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/17/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$3.00||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Craig Hallum||Boost Price Target||Buy||$3.00 -> $4.00||N/A|
|8/9/2017||HC Wainwright||Set Price Target||Buy||$4.00||Medium|
|7/25/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Outperform||$3.00 -> $3.50||High|
|7/24/2017||Rodman & Renshaw||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$4.00||Low|
|7/23/2017||Roth Capital||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$1.30||Medium|
|2/28/2017||Morgan Stanley||Lower Price Target||Equal Weight||$3.00 -> $1.50||N/A|
Earnings History for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)Earnings History by Quarter for Plug Power (NASDAQ PLUG)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/8/2017||Q2 2017||($0.07)||($0.10)||$28.58 million||$22.60 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q1 2017||($0.07)||($0.13)||$24.90 million||$15.20 million||View||Listen|
|3/9/2017||Q4 2016||($0.06)||($0.08)||$32.54 million||$32.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||($0.05)||($0.07)||$34.84 million||$17.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2016||Q216||($0.06)||($0.07)||$25.32 million||$20.50 million||View||N/A|
|5/10/2016||Q116||($0.06)||($0.05)||$25.53 million||$15.30 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2016||Q415||($0.05)||($0.05)||$36.18 million||$38.40 million||View||Listen|
|11/9/2015||Q315||($0.05)||($0.06)||$30.70 million||$31.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||($0.07)||($0.06)||$25.90 million||$24.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/11/2015||Q115||($0.06)||($0.07)||$18.13 million||$9.40 million||View||Listen|
|3/17/2015||Q414||($0.04)||($0.08)||$26.30 million||$21.45 million||View||N/A|
|11/12/2014||Q314||($0.03)||($0.04)||$24.40 million||$19.90 million||View||N/A|
|8/14/2014||Q214||($0.04)||($0.04)||$16.73 million||$17.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/14/2014||Q114||($0.05)||($0.06)||$5.35 million||$5.60 million||View||N/A|
|3/13/2014||Q413||($0.08)||($0.08)||$7.45 million||$8.03 million||View||N/A|
|11/14/2013||Q3||($0.08)||($0.19)||$7.80 million||$4.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2013||Q2 2013||($0.11)||($0.14)||$6.50 million||$7.50 million||View||N/A|
|5/14/2013||Q1 2013||($0.16)||($0.18)||$6.30 million||$6.40 million||View||N/A|
|11/13/2012||Q312||($0.17)||($0.27)||$7.60 million||$4.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.20)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.15)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 4.90%Insider Trades by Quarter for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 23.43%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/22/2017||Liquide Investissements D' Air||Director||Sell||4,855||$2.40||$11,652.00|| |
|9/15/2017||George C Mcnamee||Director||Buy||200,000||$2.20||$440,000.00|| |
|3/24/2016||Maureen O Helmer||Director||Sell||30,000||$1.96||$58,800.00|| |
|12/16/2015||Liquide Investissements D' Air||Director||Sell||13,281||$2.26||$30,015.06|| |
|8/26/2015||Sa Axane||Director||Sell||6,394,539||$1.67||$10,678,880.13|| |
|8/26/2014||Liquide Investissements D' Air||Director||Sell||5,521,676||$5.80||$32,025,720.80|| |
|8/20/2013||Andrew Marsh||CEO||Buy||32,218||$0.38||$12,242.84|| |
|6/12/2013||Andrew Marsh||CEO||Buy||172,870||$0.21||$36,302.70|| |
Headline Trends for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
Latest Headlines for Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Plug Power (PLUG) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017