Silicon Motion Technology Corporation is a fabless semiconductor company. The Company designs, develops and markets low-power semiconductor solutions to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and other customers in the mobile storage and mobile communications markets. It is engaged in developing negative-AND (NAND) flash controller integrated circuits (ICs) for solid-state storage devices and specialty radio frequency (RF) ICs for mobile devices. In the mobile storage market, the Company's products are controllers used in embedded storage products, such as Solid State Drives (SSDs), and Embedded Multimedia Cards (eMMCs), as well as expandable storage products, such as flash memory cards and universal serial bus (USB) flash drives. For the mobile communications market, the Company's products are handset transceivers and mobile television (TV) System on Chips (SoCs). The Company's products are used in devices, such as smartphones, tablets and personal computers (PCs).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductors - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:SIMO
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.siliconmotion.com
- Market Cap: $1.47 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 35,445,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $48.00
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $45.86
- 52 Week Range: $37.37 - $56.25
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 13.52
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.35
- P/E Growth: -2.86
- Annual Revenue: $570.76 million
- Price / Sales: 2.58
- Book Value: $13.28 per share
- Price / Book: 3.13
- Annual Dividend: $0.74
- Dividend Yield: 1.9%
- EBIDTA: $147.45 million
- Net Margins: 19.52%
- Return on Equity: 26.91%
- Return on Assets: 19.70%
- Current Ratio: 3.70%
- Quick Ratio: 3.14%
- Average Volume: 618,835 shs.
- Beta: 0.72
- Short Ratio: 7.35
Frequently Asked Questions for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)
What is Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock symbol?
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "SIMO."
How often does Silicon Motion Technology Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation?
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation declared a dividend on Tuesday, November 1st. Shareholders of record on Monday, August 7th will be given a dividend of $0.198 per share on Thursday, August 17th. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, August 3rd. View Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO) announced its earnings results on Thursday, October, 27th. The company reported $1.07 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.94 by $0.13. The company had revenue of $158.60 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $149.16 million. Silicon Motion Technology Corporation had a return on equity of 26.91% and a net margin of 19.52%. The business's quarterly revenue was up 66.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business earned $0.57 earnings per share. View Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Silicon Motion Technology Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock going? Where will Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
12 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $50.00 to $68.75. On average, they anticipate Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock price to reach $57.61 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock:
- 1. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "SIMO lowered its 2Q17 revenue range to slightly below" the previous range of $134-$140. The culprit remains ongoing NAND tightness adversely affecting the client SSD segment. Due to the tightness in NAND as a result of the 2D-3D NAND transition, the major flash OEMs are prioritizing enterprise and datacenter allocation over client SSDs, which is driving up the pricing of client SSDs. This phenomenon has been occurring since the beginning of the year and our view that it would begin to loosen starting end of June qrt is not bearing out. Thus, with reduced visibility into 2H17, we are lowering our estimates for Sept and December." (7/7/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Silicon Motion continues to benefit from strategic product launches. Additionally, continuing investments on product development will drive growth. The full-year 2017 guidance is positive. We note that the company has underperformed the broader market on a year-to-date basis. Meanwhile, estimates have been stable lately ahead of the Q2 earnings release. The company has positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. We expect share price momentum to continue driven by significant improvement in NAND flash supply in second-half 2017. Moreover, strategic product launches and strong commitment toward R&D activities are key catalysts." (7/4/2017)
- 3. Brean Capital analysts commented, "We believe QUIK represents a differentiated investment opportunity in mobile sensor processors. With transition to newer sensor hub products, we remain comfortable with the significant ramp potential ahead. We are encouraged by the company’s initiation of an IP licensing program and now have even higher confidence in our revenue growth forecast. We maintain our Buy rating. Launching FPGA Licensing Effort. QUIK announced a new FPGA IP licensing program (eFPGA), in conjunction with Global Foundry’s FDXcelerator partner program. With a long history of fabless FPGA production and development tool expertise, we believe QUIK represents the natural vendor of merchant eFPGA IP . Given the significant M&A activity in the FPGA segment, we believe the decision to offer eFPGA is very timely and can broaden availability of an increasingly scare IP capability . We believe QUIK’s focus on high volume, low power mobile and IoT applications can support a high royalty revenue opportunity, like comparables CEVA (CEVA-Buy), ARM Holdings and Imagination (IMG.LON-NC). While we expect additional foundries and initial licensing sometime around mid-2017, this announcement increases our confidence in our 2017 revenue growth projection." (12/1/2016)
Who are some of Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Silicon Motion Technology Corporation include Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS), Sanmina Corporation (SANM), Semtech Corporation (SMTC), Vishay Intertechnology (VSH), Cree (CREE), Tower Semiconductor (TSEM), Power Integrations (POWI), Mellanox Technologies (MLNX), Rogers Corporation (ROG), Cabot Microelectronics Corporation (CCMP), Plexus Corp. (PLXS), Celestica (CLS), MaxLinear (MXL), Benchmark Electronics (BHE), Ambarella (AMBA), Inphi Corporation (IPHI), Diodes Incorporated (DIOD) and Veeco Instruments (VECO).
Who are Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's key executives?
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- James Chow, Chairman of the Board
- Wallace C. Kou, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Riyadh Lai, Chief Financial Officer
- Sangwoo Han, Senior Vice President, General Manager - Mobile Communications
- Ken Chen, Vice President - Operations
- Frank Chang, Vice President - Research & Development, Mobile Storage
- Jong Ryul Lee, Vice President - Research & Development, Mobile Communications
- Frank Jucheng Shu, Vice President - Research & Development, SSD System Technology and VCT
- Kevin Yeh, Vice President - Research & Development, Algorithm and Technology
- Jason Chiang, Vice President - Human Resources and Administration, Special Assistant to Chief Executive Officer
Who owns Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock?
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Acadian Asset Management LLC (1.62%), Peregrine Capital Management LLC (1.07%), Tributary Capital Management LLC (0.67%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.64%), Eqis Capital Management Inc. (0.12%) and Janney Montgomery Scott LLC (0.06%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation.
Who sold Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock? Who is selling Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock?
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., Peregrine Capital Management LLC, Independent Portfolio Consultants Inc., Dubuque Bank & Trust Co., Beacon Financial Group, First National Bank of Omaha, Eqis Capital Management Inc. and Meridian Wealth Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation.
Who bought Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock? Who is buying Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock?
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Acadian Asset Management LLC, Tributary Capital Management LLC, Mizuho Securities USA LLC, US Bancorp DE, Atria Investments LLC, Aperio Group LLC, Congress Asset Management Co. MA and Janney Montgomery Scott LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation.
How do I buy Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock?
Shares of Silicon Motion Technology Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Silicon Motion Technology Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ SIMO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Silicon Motion Technology Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Silicon Motion Technology Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $41.60.
Consensus Ratings for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 3 Hold Ratings, 8 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.58)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$57.61 (38.49% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)
(Data available from 7/27/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/22/2017||Summit Redstone||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
|7/15/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$68.75||Low|
|7/10/2017||Loop Capital||Lower Price Target||Buy||$61.00 -> $54.00||Medium|
|7/7/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$56.00 -> $54.00||Low|
|6/21/2017||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$62.00||Low|
|6/6/2017||Standpoint Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Reduce||Low|
|1/24/2017||Instinet||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$62.00 -> $50.00||N/A|
|1/20/2017||Nomura||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$50.00||N/A|
|1/6/2017||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$60.00||N/A|
|12/28/2016||Northland Securities||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$60.00||N/A|
|10/1/2016||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Set Price Target||Buy||$60.00||N/A|
|9/28/2016||Roth Capital||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$60.00||N/A|
|4/7/2016||Craig Hallum||Boost Price Target||Buy||$38.00 -> $48.00||N/A|
|4/7/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Boost Price Target||Buy||$37.00 -> $42.00||N/A|
|4/6/2016||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$35.00||N/A|
|8/18/2015||Bank of America Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Underperform||$37.00 -> $19.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)Earnings History by Quarter for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ SIMO)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|1/23/2017||12/31/2016||$0.89||$0.95||$141.72 million||$144.20 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q3||$0.94||$1.07||$149.16 million||$158.60 million||View||Listen|
|7/21/2016||Q2||$0.76||$0.86||$139.20 million||$140.69 million||View||Listen|
|4/27/2016||Q116||$0.65||$0.68||$106.23 million||$112.68 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q4||$0.56||$0.55||$96.78 million||$98.04 million||View||Listen|
|10/28/2015||Q315||$0.40||$0.57||$93.80 million||$95.40 million||View||Listen|
|7/27/2015||Q215||$0.50||$0.51||$86.29 million||$87.21 million||View||Listen|
|4/27/2015||Q115||$0.44||$0.48||$79.70 million||$80.60 million||View||Listen|
|1/26/2015||Q414||$0.46||$0.48||$80.60 million||$80.50 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2014||Q314||$0.54||$0.57||$81.40 million||$86.60 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2014||Q214||$0.32||$0.41||$62.90 million||$69.41 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2014||Q114||$0.19||$0.16||$50.57 million||$52.85 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2014||Q413||$0.21||$0.30||$51.82 million||$52.49 million||View||Listen|
|10/25/2013||Q313||$0.23||$0.32||$57.99 million||$57.13 million||View||Listen|
|7/29/2013||Q2 2013||$0.26||$0.27||$58.46 million||$58.32 million||View||Listen|
|4/25/2013||Q1 2013||$0.22||$0.17||$56.66 million||$57.37 million||View||Listen|
|2/4/2013||Q4 2012||$0.38||$0.36||$72.57 million||$70.61 million||View||Listen|
|10/24/2012||Q312||$0.46||$0.54||$74.44 million||$77.10 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.26
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)
|Payout Ratio:||23.72% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
22.16% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
18.41% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ SIMO)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)
Latest Headlines for Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NASDAQ:SIMO)
Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (SIMO) Chart for Thursday, July, 27, 2017