Advance Auto Parts, Inc. provides automotive aftermarket parts in North America, serving do-it-for-me (Professional) and do-it-yourself (DIY), customers. The Company's stores and branches offer a selection of brand name, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and private label automotive replacement parts, accessories, batteries and maintenance items for domestic and imported cars, vans, sport utility vehicles and light and heavy duty trucks. It serves through various channels ranging from traditional brick and mortar store locations to self-serving e-commerce sites. As of December 31, 2016, it operated 5,062 total stores and 127 branches primarily under the trade names Advance Auto Parts, Autopart International, Carquest and Worldpac. As of December 31, 2016, its Advance Auto Parts operations consisted of three geographic divisions, which included the operations of the stores operating under the Advance Auto Parts, Carquest and Autopart International trade names.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Automotive Parts & Accessories Retailers
- Sub-Industry: Automotive Retail
- Symbol: NYSE:AAP
- CUSIP: 00751Y10
- Web: www.advanceautoparts.com
- Market Cap: $7.61856 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 73,781,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $116.11
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $143.42
- 52 Week Range: $99.13 - $177.83
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 19.07
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.60
- P/E Growth: 1.58
- Annual Revenue: $9.48 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.82
- Book Value: $40.98 per share
- Price / Book: 2.57
- Annual Dividend: $0.24
- Dividend Yield: 0.2%
- EBIDTA: $1.01 billion
- Net Margins: 4.31%
- Return on Equity: 16.02%
- Return on Assets: 5.51%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.35%
- Current Ratio: 1.45%
- Quick Ratio: 0.24%
- Average Volume: 1.74 million shs.
- Beta: 0.88
- Short Ratio: 4.47
Frequently Asked Questions for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
What is Advance Auto Parts' stock symbol?
Advance Auto Parts trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "AAP."
How often does Advance Auto Parts pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Advance Auto Parts?
Advance Auto Parts announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, May 24th. Investors of record on Friday, June 23rd will be given a dividend of $0.06 per share on Friday, July 7th. This represents a $0.24 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.23%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, June 21st. View Advance Auto Parts' Dividend History.
How were Advance Auto Parts' earnings last quarter?
Advance Auto Parts Inc (NYSE:AAP) issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, May, 24th. The company reported $1.60 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $2.20 by $0.60. The company earned $2.89 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.94 billion. Advance Auto Parts had a net margin of 4.31% and a return on equity of 16.02%. Advance Auto Parts's quarterly revenue was down 3.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned $2.51 EPS. View Advance Auto Parts' Earnings History.
When will Advance Auto Parts make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Advance Auto Parts' stock going? Where will Advance Auto Parts' stock price be in 2017?
22 brokerages have issued 12 month target prices for Advance Auto Parts' stock. Their predictions range from $90.00 to $215.00. On average, they anticipate Advance Auto Parts' share price to reach $145.53 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Advance Auto Parts.
What are analysts saying about Advance Auto Parts stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Advance Auto Parts stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Estimates for Advance Auto Parts have been declining over the last 60 days. The company has underperformed the Zacks categorized Retail/Wholesale-Auto Parts industry over the last three months. Advance Auto Parts continues to face declining cash flows which could impact capital expenditure. Moreover, production of better quality vehicles can affect demand of the company’s products. The fact that consumers are opting for new vehicle purchases instead of maintaining old ones, can adversely affect the demand for Advance Auto Parts’ products." (4/25/2017)
- 2. BTIG Research analysts commented, "We are reducing our 1Q EPS estimate due to a number of factors, both company specific and industry-related. Our 1Q EPS estimate is now $2.37 vs. $2.52 prior. We are also lowering FY 2017 EPS estimate by $0.15 to $7.55 from $7.70, based on the following factors: 1) Supply chain costs remain elevated due to further inventory rationalization. AAP's AP:Inventory ratio remains well-below peers; 2) Productivity gains targeted could be more 2H weighted as internal capabilities will take time; Higher incentive comp may be a headwind in 2017, should AAP reach early stage goals ' we believe SGA will rise nearly 2% in 2017; 3) Miles driven for February and/or March could turn negative; and 4) Unseasonable weather in the NE recently ' above-average sales weeks ' could weigh on comps. We believe trends need to accelerate in April to reach our 1% comp est. We maintain our 2018 EPS estimate of $8.25 --$0.53 below consensus." (3/28/2017)
- 3. Wedbush analysts commented, "In 4Q16, AAP delivered its best same store sales growth since 4Q10. While weather and a calendar shift helped, the underlying improvement indicates material progress driving sales through key initiatives around availability and service, customer-first essentials for success in DIY auto. EPS of $1.00 missed consensus $1.08 and our $1.12 as margins fell short of plan due primarily to discrete cost items that were higher than expected. That said, the company has clear plans to tackle these and many others costs to drive productivity. This visibility, combined with key internal and external metrics inflecting positively, points to improving performance through 2017 and beyond. We tweak our estimates, raise our price target from $175 to $185 and reiterate our OUTPERFORM rating." (2/22/2017)
- 4. UBS AG analysts commented, "As we see it, the co's progress will be most evident through a better comp. We model 1.0% SSS, which is above the consensus est. of -0.5%. Our est. equates to its first pos comp in 5 Qs (& its best 4-yr comp in 6 Qs). We think the result will be driven by better execution & its supply chain enhancements. While the weather was a bit up & down this quarter, we think AAP had a strong finish in Dec. Notably, ORLY and MNRO both noted that December was strong, helped by the advent of winter weather. In fact, MNRO generated a 500 bp acceleration in its comp (ex-tires) for its C'4Q (63% correlation with AAP's comp for the past 3 years). While the market has begun to acknowledge some of the advances that AAP has made, we think it's just beginning. This makes for a compelling risk-reward, particularly after the recent pull back." (2/13/2017)
- 5. Argus analysts commented, "We are maintaining our one-year target at $185. We continue to see upside for the shares. We are very confident that Mr." (8/31/2016)
Who are some of Advance Auto Parts' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Advance Auto Parts include Restaurant Brands International (QSR), AutoZone (AZO), Whole Foods Market (WFM), L Brands (LB), MercadoLibre (MELI), Fastenal Company (FAST), CarMax (KMX), Tiffany & Co. (TIF), Liberty Interactive Corporation (QVCA), Darden Restaurants (DRI), Domino's Pizza (DPZ), Metro AG (MTTRY), Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), Burberry Group PLC (BURBY), Gap, Inc. (The) (GPS), Kingfisher plc (KGFHY), IAC/InterActiveCorp (IAC) and Nordstrom (JWN).
Who are Advance Auto Parts' key executives?
Advance Auto Parts' management team includes the folowing people:
- Jeffrey C. Smith, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Thomas R. Greco, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Thomas B. Okray, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Tammy M. Finley, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Charles E. Tyson, Executive Vice President, Merchandising, Marketing and Replenishment
- Robert B. Cushing, Executive Vice President, Professional
- Jeffrey W. Shepherd, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer, Controller
- Natalie S. Schechtman, Senior Vice President of Human Resources
- William H. Carter, Senior Vice President, Independent Business
- John C. Brouillard, Director
Who owns Advance Auto Parts stock?
Advance Auto Parts' stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BTIM Corp. (0.14%), APG Asset Management N.V. (0.13%), National Pension Service (0.11%), Hartford Investment Management Co. (0.11%), Chevy Chase Trust Holdings Inc. (0.09%) and Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.08%). Company insiders that own Advance Auto Parts stock include Adriana Karaboutis, Brad W Buss, Charles E Tyson, Eugene I Lee Jr, Gilbert T Ray, Jeffrey C Smith, Jill A Livesay, John F Bergstrom, John Francis Ferraro, Reuben E Slone, Robert B Cushing, Tammy M Finley, Thomas Greco and William Harrison Carter. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Advance Auto Parts.
Who sold Advance Auto Parts stock? Who is selling Advance Auto Parts stock?
Advance Auto Parts' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alta Capital Management LLC, BTIM Corp., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Exxonmobil Investment Management Inc. TX, Aviance Capital Partners LLC, Legacy Private Trust Co., Dixon Hubard Feinour & Brown Inc. VA and Kirr Marbach & Co. LLC IN. Company insiders that have sold Advance Auto Parts stock in the last year include Charles E Tyson and William Harrison Carter. View Insider Buying and Selling for Advance Auto Parts.
Who bought Advance Auto Parts stock? Who is buying Advance Auto Parts stock?
Advance Auto Parts' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including CWM LLC, Bank of Montreal Can, Hartford Investment Management Co., Mn Services Vermogensbeheer B.V., SeaBridge Investment Advisors LLC, National Pension Service, Cohen Capital Management Inc. and Diversified Trust Co. Company insiders that have bought Advance Auto Parts stock in the last two years include Adriana Karaboutis, Brad W Buss, Charles E Tyson, Eugene I Lee Jr, Jeffrey C Smith, John F Bergstrom, John Francis Ferraro, Reuben E Slone, Robert B Cushing and Thomas Greco. View Insider Buying and Selling for Advance Auto Parts.
How do I buy Advance Auto Parts stock?
Shares of Advance Auto Parts can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Advance Auto Parts' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE AAP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Advance Auto Parts and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Advance Auto Parts stock can currently be purchased for approximately $105.29.
Consensus Ratings for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Sell Ratings, 6 Hold Ratings, 12 Buy Ratings, 1 Strong Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.50)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$145.53 (38.22% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
(Data available from 7/26/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/21/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$164.00 -> $139.00||Low|
|7/17/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$150.00 -> $135.00||Low|
|7/13/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$109.00 -> $90.00||High|
|7/7/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Downgrade||Neutral -> Underperform||$150.00 -> $90.00||Low|
|7/7/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$150.00 -> $130.00||Low|
|7/6/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$160.00 -> $125.00||Low|
|7/6/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Lower Price Target||Sector Perform||$153.00 -> $125.00||High|
|7/6/2017||Barclays PLC||Boost Price Target||Underweight||$93.00 -> $120.00||High|
|6/29/2017||Maxim Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|6/28/2017||Cleveland Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||Medium|
|5/31/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|5/30/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$168.00 -> $148.00||Low|
|5/24/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
|4/20/2017||Gabelli||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||High|
|12/14/2016||Atlantic Securities||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||$215.00||N/A|
|12/8/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||N/A|
|11/16/2016||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$165.00 -> $175.00||N/A|
|11/15/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Strong-Buy||$180.00||N/A|
|11/15/2016||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Upgrade||Neutral -> Positive||$164.64 -> $166.00||N/A|
|5/25/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
|2/13/2016||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|12/15/2015||BB&T Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$150.00||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Evercore Partners Inc||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Hold||$165.00 -> $179.00||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Evercore ISI||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$165.00 -> $179.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)Earnings History by Quarter for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE AAP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/24/2017||Q1 17||$2.20||$1.60||$2.94 billion||$2.89 billion||View||N/A|
|2/21/2017||Q416||$1.09||$1.00||$2.00 billion||$2.08 billion||View||Listen|
|11/14/2016||Q316||$1.71||$1.73||$2.20 billion||$2.25 billion||View||N/A|
|8/16/2016||Q216||$2.12||$1.90||$2.24 billion||$2.26 billion||View||Listen|
|5/19/2016||Q116||$2.60||$2.51||$3.02 billion||$2.98 billion||View||Listen|
|2/11/2016||Q415||$1.21||$1.22||$2.06 billion||$2.03 billion||View||Listen|
|11/12/2015||Q315||$2.09||$1.95||$2.33 billion||$2.30 billion||View||Listen|
|8/13/2015||Q215||$2.25||$2.27||$2.38 billion||$2.37 billion||View||Listen|
|5/21/2015||Q115||$2.50||$2.39||$3.05 billion||$3.04 billion||View||Listen|
|2/12/2015||Q414||$1.48||$1.54||$2.29 billion||$2.09 billion||View||Listen|
|11/6/2014||Q314||$1.87||$1.89||$2.29 billion||$2.29 billion||View||Listen|
|8/14/2014||Q214||$2.01||$2.08||$2.32 billion||$2.35 billion||View||Listen|
|5/15/2014||Q114||$2.16||$2.25||$2.96 billion||$2.97 billion||View||Listen|
|2/6/2014||Q413||$0.78||$0.94||$1.33 billion||$1.41 billion||View||Listen|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$1.41||$1.42||$1.53 billion||$1.52 billion||View||N/A|
|8/8/2013||Q2 2013||$1.48||$1.59||$1.60 billion||$1.55 billion||View||Listen|
|5/23/2013||Q1 2013||$1.62||$1.65||$2.01 billion||$2.02 billion||View||Listen|
|2/7/2013||Q4 2012||$0.75||$0.88||$1.33 million||$1.33 billion||View||Listen|
|11/8/2012||Q312||$1.21||$1.21||$1.46 billion||$1.46 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $7.05
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $8.64
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
|Most Recent Dividend:||7/7/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||4.36% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
3.77% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
3.10% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE AAP)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 4.50%Insider Trades by Quarter for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/2/2017||Adriana Karaboutis||Director||Buy||367||$135.28||$49,647.76|| |
|5/31/2017||Brad W Buss||Director||Buy||1,200||$134.47||$161,364.00|| |
|5/30/2017||Jeffrey C Smith||Director||Buy||350,000||$134.29||$47,001,500.00|| |
|5/26/2017||Eugene I Lee Jr||Director||Buy||1,895||$132.18||$250,481.10|| |
|5/26/2017||Thomas Greco||Insider||Buy||16,000||$134.63||$2,154,080.00|| |
|3/20/2017||William Harrison Carter||SVP||Sell||2,690||$152.83||$411,112.70|| |
|3/13/2017||Charles E Tyson||EVP||Sell||18,944||$153.46||$2,907,146.24|| |
|3/7/2017||Thomas Greco||Insider||Buy||6,500||$154.29||$1,002,885.00|| |
|9/2/2016||Jeffrey C Smith||Director||Buy||70,000||$158.77||$11,113,900.00|| |
|8/30/2016||Robert B Cushing||EVP||Buy||1,500||$156.66||$234,990.00|| |
|8/29/2016||Charles E Tyson||EVP||Buy||633||$157.75||$99,855.75|| |
|8/23/2016||Thomas Greco||CEO||Buy||6,250||$159.56||$997,250.00|| |
|8/22/2016||John Francis Ferraro||Director||Buy||500||$160.28||$80,140.00|| |
|8/19/2016||John F Bergstrom||Director||Buy||633||$157.61||$99,767.13|| |
|8/18/2016||Reuben E Slone||Director||Buy||632||$157.99||$99,849.68|| |
|6/17/2016||Tammy M Finley||EVP||Sell||272||$154.29||$41,966.88|| |
|6/9/2016||Jeffrey C Smith||Director||Buy||397,624||$154.84||$61,568,100.16|| |
|6/7/2016||Thomas Greco||CEO||Buy||6,700||$150.82||$1,010,494.00|| |
|6/1/2016||Jeffrey C Smith||Director||Buy||100,000||$152.88||$15,288,000.00|| |
|5/31/2016||Jeffrey C Smith||Director||Buy||400,000||$155.68||$62,272,000.00|| |
|5/25/2016||Jeffrey C Smith||Director||Buy||150,000||$152.73||$22,909,500.00|| |
|5/24/2016||Charles E Tyson||EVP||Sell||5,527||$149.19||$824,573.13|| |
|3/11/2016||Jill A Livesay||CAO||Sell||3,176||$158.72||$504,094.72|| |
|3/11/2016||William Harrison Carter||SVP||Sell||3,186||$158.30||$504,343.80|| |
|3/2/2016||Charles E Tyson||EVP||Sell||1,976||$152.05||$300,450.80|| |
|2/26/2016||Gilbert T Ray||Director||Sell||3,532||$149.01||$526,303.32|| |
|11/23/2015||Eugene I Lee Jr||Director||Buy||1,230||$162.80||$200,244.00|| |
|7/3/2015||Bob Hok-Hei Chong||Director||Buy||8,700||$1.65||$14,355.00|
|5/22/2015||Michael A Norona||CFO||Sell||30,000||$160.00||$4,800,000.00|| |
|2/18/2015||Gilbert T Ray||Director||Sell||4,215||$148.78||$627,107.70|| |
|11/19/2014||Tammy M Finley||SVP||Sell||2,031||$145.71||$295,937.01|| |
|11/12/2014||Carlos A Saladrigas||Director||Sell||4,189||$146.20||$612,431.80|| |
|2/12/2014||Jimmie Wade||Director||Sell||12,756||$126.17||$1,609,424.52|| |
|2/11/2014||Michael Norona||CFO||Sell||35,000||$125.00||$4,375,000.00|| |
|2/11/2014||Sarah Powell||SVP||Sell||5,985||$124.01||$742,199.85|| |
|2/11/2014||William Oglesby||Director||Sell||18,624||$123.61||$2,302,112.64|| |
|6/7/2013||Jill A Livesay||SVP||Sell||15,000||$83.91||$1,258,650.00|| |
|5/30/2013||Jimmie L Wade||Director||Sell||11,515||$82.02||$944,460.30|| |
|5/28/2013||Donna J Broome||SVP||Sell||10,500||$83.42||$875,910.00|| |
|5/28/2013||Kevin P Freeland||COO||Sell||24,000||$83.44||$2,002,560.00|| |
Headline Trends for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
Latest Headlines for Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP)
Advance Auto Parts (AAP) Chart for Wednesday, July, 26, 2017