CBS Corporation is a mass media company. The Company operates through four segment: Entertainment, Cable Networks, Publishing, Local Media. The Entertainment segment comprises the CBS TV Network; CBS TV Studios; CBS Studios International and CBS TV Distribution; CBS Interactive; CBS Films; and the Company's digital streaming services, CBS All Access and CBSN. The Cable Networks segment comprises Showtime Networks, which operates its subscription program services, Showtime, The Movie Channel, and Flix. The Publishing segment comprises Simon & Schuster, which publishes and distributes consumer books under imprints such as Simon & Schuster, Pocket Books, Scribner and Gallery Books. The Local Media segment comprises CBS TV Stations, it owns 30 broadcast TV stations; and CBS Local Digital Media. Its businesses span the media and entertainment industries, including the CBS TV Network, cable networks and content production and distribution.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Broadcasting
- Sub-Industry: Broadcasting
- Symbol: NYSE:CBS
- CUSIP: 12485720
- Web: www.cbscorporation.com
- Market Cap: $23.79 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 401,653,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $63.34
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $64.46
- 52 Week Range: $48.88 - $70.10
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 150.71
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 11.64
- P/E Growth: 0.85
- Annual Revenue: $13.2 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.80
- Book Value: $6.52 per share
- Price / Book: 9.08
- Annual Dividend: $0.72
- Dividend Yield: 1.2%
- EBIDTA: $3.05 billion
- Net Margins: 1.27%
- Return on Equity: 49.51%
- Return on Assets: 7.68%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 3.39%
- Current Ratio: 1.76%
- Quick Ratio: 1.28%
- Average Volume: 2.70 million shs.
- Beta: 1.7
Frequently Asked Questions for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
What is CBS Corporation's stock symbol?
CBS Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CBS."
How often does CBS Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for CBS Corporation?
CBS Corporation announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, July 28th. Investors of record on Friday, September 8th will be given a dividend of $0.18 per share on Sunday, October 1st. This represents a $0.72 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.22%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, September 7th. View CBS Corporation's Dividend History.
How were CBS Corporation's earnings last quarter?
CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS) released its earnings results on Monday, August, 7th. The company reported $1.04 earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.97 by $0.07. The business had revenue of $3.26 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.09 billion. CBS Corporation had a return on equity of 49.51% and a net margin of 1.27%. The firm's revenue was up 9.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.93 earnings per share. View CBS Corporation's Earnings History.
When will CBS Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is CBS Corporation's stock going? Where will CBS Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
26 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for CBS Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $57.00 to $86.00. On average, they expect CBS Corporation's stock price to reach $75.10 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for CBS Corporation.
What are analysts saying about CBS Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about CBS Corporation stock:
- 1. Benchmark Co. analysts commented, "We suspect that estimate will prove conservative given the cross-sport draw (and the unknown undercard, which could feature additional cross-sport matchups) despite what most believe will be an uncompetitive contest, while noting that the $606 million gross forecast includes an estimated $20 million more in PPV sales than Mayweather-Pacquiao. However, given the novelty of the matchup, we prefer to remain conservative at this point in time, raising our estimates by slightly less than what CBS took in for the Mayweather-Pacquiao event." (6/16/2017)
- 2. BMO Capital Markets analysts commented, "Our Outperform rating is underpinned by leadership positions in the most stable areas of the linear pay TV ecosystem: a broadcast network benefiting from retransmission fee growth, a strong live sports franchise, and most importantly, a domestic cable network portfolio that includes newer networks with growing subscriber bases and/or per sub fees." (5/12/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We update CBS estimates ahead of the 1Q17 earnings report, making very muted changes." (4/7/2017)
- 4. Guggenheim analysts commented, "Core to our bull thesis on CBS is our confidence in the company's ability to drive continued broadcast subscription revenue growth (retransmission consent and reverse compensation fees) that far exceeds media industry average revenue growth. In 2016, we estimate these revenue sources accounted for nearly $1.1bn or 8% of total company revenue. We forecast 25% revenue growth in 2017'consistent with management guidance'and a 25% CAGR through 2020, slightly ahead of management's multi-year plan introduced in March 2016 ($2.6bn versus a $2.5bn outlook)... We maintain a BUY rating and are raising our price target to $78 from our prior $74. We expect investor confidence in the company's subscription and content revenue streams will drive continued multiple expansion." (2/27/2017)
- 5. UBS AG analysts commented, "Our EPS is unchanged at $1.10, +20% Y/Y (Street $1.10), though we are lowering Revenue by $326m and EBITDA by $86m due to moving radio to discontinued ops to match the company's reporting style after the deal to merge the unit with Entercom. We see CBS network advertising revenue -5% Y/Y (core flat ex 3 fewer Thursday NFL games and election pre-emptions), TV station advertising revenue +18% (core flat ex political and Thurs NFL) and total company licensing revenue -12% Y/Y (Showtime titles shifted to 3Q, tough comp vs. initial international delivery). Key will be underlying network advertising growth (weak NFL ratings) and forward pacings (Super Bowl comp: UBSe -24%, Core -0.4%), Entertainment margins less NFL, Showtime revenue growth and Showtime OTT/CBS All Access subscribers." (2/13/2017)
Who are some of CBS Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to CBS Corporation include Sky Plc (SKY), Sky Plc (BSY), Liberty Media Corporation (LSXMA), ITV plc (ITV), Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI), TiVo Corporation (TIVO), Liberty Media Corporation (BATRK), Gray Television (GTN), Central European Media Enterprises (CETV), Phoenix New Media Limited (FENG), Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT), Comcast (CMCSK), Directv (DTV), Starz Acquisition LLC (STRZA) and Starz Acquisition LLC (LCAPA).
Who are CBS Corporation's key executives?
CBS Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Leslie Moonves, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Jo Ann Ross, President, Chief Advertising Revenue Officer
- Shari E. Redstone, Vice Chair of the Board
- Joseph R. Ianniello, Chief Operating Officer
- Anthony G. Ambrosio, Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer
- Lawrence Liding, Executive Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer, Controller
- Jonathan Howard Anschell, Executive Vice President, Deputy General Director, Secretary
- David Lawenda, Executive Vice President - Digital Sales and Sales Strategy
- Dave Morris, Executive Vice President - Advanced Advertising and Client Partnerships
- Gil Schwartz, Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Communications Officer
Who owns CBS Corporation stock?
CBS Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Capital World Investors (7.55%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (1.32%), Fred Alger Management Inc. (1.22%), Sterling Capital Management LLC (0.65%), Shapiro Capital Management LLC (0.46%) and Sound Shore Management Inc. CT (0.45%). Company insiders that own CBS Corporation stock include Anthony G Ambrosio, Gil D Schwartz, Joseph R Ianniello, Lawrence Tu and Leslie Moonves. View Institutional Ownership Trends for CBS Corporation.
Who sold CBS Corporation stock? Who is selling CBS Corporation stock?
CBS Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Sound Shore Management Inc. CT, Argent Capital Management LLC, Capital World Investors, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking Corp, New York State Common Retirement Fund, California State Teachers Retirement System and Marshall Wace LLP. Company insiders that have sold CBS Corporation stock in the last year include Anthony G Ambrosio, Gil D Schwartz, Joseph R Ianniello, Lawrence Tu and Leslie Moonves. View Insider Buying and Selling for CBS Corporation.
Who bought CBS Corporation stock? Who is buying CBS Corporation stock?
CBS Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Focused Investors LLC, PGGM Investments, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Eaton Vance Management, Systematic Financial Management LP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Sit Investment Associates Inc. and Westwood Holdings Group Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for CBS Corporation.
How do I buy CBS Corporation stock?
Shares of CBS Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is CBS Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for CBS Corporation (NYSE CBS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about CBS Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of CBS Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $59.23.
Consensus Ratings for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Hold Ratings, 22 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.85)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$75.10 (26.79% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
(Data available from 9/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/21/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|9/20/2017||Rosenblatt Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$80.00||Low|
|9/13/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$80.00||Medium|
|8/23/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$75.00 -> $76.00||Low|
|8/20/2017||Loop Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$78.00||Low|
|8/11/2017||Barclays PLC||Set Price Target||Hold||$56.00 -> $57.00||Low|
|8/10/2017||Argus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$71.00 -> $79.00||Low|
|8/9/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$71.00 -> $73.00||High|
|8/8/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$80.00||Low|
|8/8/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$75.00 -> $77.00||Low|
|8/8/2017||Benchmark Co.||Boost Price Target||Buy||$76.00 -> $81.00||Medium|
|6/27/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Buy||$75.00||N/A|
|5/5/2017||Telsey Advisory Group||Boost Price Target||Hold -> Market Perform||$66.00 -> $69.00||Low|
|4/23/2017||Pivotal Research||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$67.00||Medium|
|4/7/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$86.00||Low|
|4/7/2017||Wells Fargo & Co||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$74.00 -> $77.50||High|
|3/30/2017||Instinet||Boost Price Target||Buy||$72.00 -> $74.00||Low|
|3/30/2017||Nomura||Boost Price Target||Buy||$72.00 -> $74.00||Low|
|2/6/2017||Atlantic Securities||Upgrade||Neutral -> Overweight||$78.00||N/A|
|1/20/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$75.00||N/A|
|1/6/2017||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$75.00||N/A|
|12/19/2016||Wunderlich||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Positive||$72.00||N/A|
|12/8/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$69.00||N/A|
|11/4/2016||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|9/6/2016||Drexel Hamilton||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$65.00||N/A|
|7/29/2016||Deutsche Bank AG||Boost Price Target||Buy||$65.00 -> $68.00||N/A|
|6/29/2016||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||N/A|
|6/17/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$65.00||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Boost Price Target||Buy||$64.00 -> $66.00||N/A|
|4/12/2016||Moffett Nathanson||Boost Price Target||$56.00||N/A|
|3/31/2016||Barrington Research||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$61.00 -> $65.00||N/A|
|3/16/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Buy||$54.00 -> $60.00||N/A|
Earnings History for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)Earnings History by Quarter for CBS Corporation (NYSE CBS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/7/2017||Q2 2017||$0.97||$1.04||$3.09 billion||$3.26 billion||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||$0.95||$1.04||$3.29 billion||$3.34 billion||View||Listen|
|2/15/2017||Q416||$1.10||$1.11||$4.03 billion||$3.52 billion||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$0.98||$1.05||$3.26 million||$3.40 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q216||$0.86||$0.93||$3.21 billion||$3.29 billion||View||Listen|
|5/3/2016||Q116||$0.94||$1.02||$3.50 billion||$3.85 billion||View||Listen|
|2/11/2016||Q415||$0.92||$0.92||$15.77 billion||$3.91 billion||View||Listen|
|11/3/2015||Q315||$0.81||$0.88||$15.77 million||$3.26 billion||View||Listen|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.72||$0.74||$15.77 billion||$3.20 billion||View||Listen|
|5/7/2015||Q115||$0.75||$0.78||$3.57 billion||$3.50 billion||View||Listen|
|2/12/2015||Q414||$0.77||$0.77||$3.65 billion||$3.68 billion||View||Listen|
|11/5/2014||Q314||$0.73||$0.74||$3.32 billion||$3.37 billion||View||Listen|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.72||$0.78||$3.24 billion||$3.19 billion||View||Listen|
|5/8/2014||Q114||$0.75||$0.78||$4.04 million||$3.86 million||View||Listen|
|2/12/2014||Q413||$0.76||$0.78||$3.52 billion||$3.91 billion||View||Listen|
|11/6/2013||Q313||$0.77||$0.76||$3.47 billion||$3.30 billion||View||Listen|
|7/31/2013||Q2 2013||$0.72||$0.76||$3.52 billion||$3.70 billion||View||Listen|
|5/1/2013||Q1 2013||$0.67||$0.73||$4.01 billion||$4.04 billion||View||Listen|
|2/14/2013||Q4 2012||$0.69||$0.64||$3.85 billion||$3.70 billion||View||Listen|
|11/7/2012||Q312||$0.61||$0.65||$3.49 billion||$3.42 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.29
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.05
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
|Dividend Growth:||9.50% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||211.76% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
16.14% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
14.15% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||5 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for CBS Corporation (NYSE CBS)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.67%Insider Trades by Quarter for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 75.08%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/20/2017||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||150,000||$59.04||$8,856,000.00|| |
|9/11/2017||Gil D Schwartz||EVP||Sell||54,131||$58.40||$3,161,250.40|| |
|8/23/2017||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||150,000||$64.68||$9,702,000.00|| |
|8/10/2017||Anthony G. Ambrosio||EVP||Sell||8,167||$65.96||$538,695.32|| |
|8/2/2017||Gil D Schwartz||EVP||Sell||5,270||$65.40||$344,658.00|| |
|7/12/2017||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||200,000||$63.79||$12,758,000.00|| |
|7/11/2017||Anthony G. Ambrosio||EVP||Sell||8,167||$63.78||$520,891.26|| |
|7/5/2017||Gil D Schwartz||EVP||Sell||5,270||$64.08||$337,701.60|| |
|2/21/2017||Joseph R Ianniello||COO||Sell||68,869||$67.40||$4,641,770.60|| |
|2/21/2017||Lawrence Tu||EVP||Sell||28,641||$67.68||$1,938,422.88|| |
|2/17/2017||Gil D Schwartz||EVP||Sell||33,131||$65.23||$2,161,135.13|| |
|3/1/2016||Joseph R Ianniello||COO||Sell||33,975||$50.00||$1,698,750.00|| |
|5/22/2015||Joseph A Califano||Director||Sell||5,093||$61.64||$313,932.52|| |
|5/11/2015||Angeline C Straka||EVP||Sell||296||$60.62||$17,943.52|| |
|4/6/2015||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||255,000||$61.23||$15,613,650.00|| |
|3/9/2015||Joseph R Ianniello||COO||Sell||28,000||$60.22||$1,686,160.00|| |
|2/23/2015||Joseph R Ianniello||COO||Sell||28,000||$59.53||$1,666,840.00|| |
|2/17/2015||Anthony G Ambrosio||EVP||Sell||26,450||$60.01||$1,587,264.50|| |
|12/23/2014||Bruce S Gordon||Director||Sell||28,013||$55.97||$1,567,887.61|| |
|10/8/2014||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||281,250||$52.17||$14,672,812.50|| |
|9/8/2014||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||281,250||$59.05||$16,607,812.50|| |
|9/5/2014||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||281,250||$59.05||$16,607,812.50|| |
|8/14/2014||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||93,750||$59.36||$5,565,000.00|| |
|8/13/2014||Leslie Moonves||CEO||Sell||93,750||$59.12||$5,542,500.00|| |
|8/11/2014||Anthony G Ambrosio||EVP||Sell||14,000||$60.13||$841,820.00|| |
|7/15/2014||Gil D Schwartz||EVP||Sell||7,188||$59.88||$430,417.44|| |
Headline Trends for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
Latest Headlines for CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS)
CBS Corporation (CBS) Chart for Sunday, September, 24, 2017