About Cloudera (NYSE:CLDR)
Cloudera, Inc. provides platform for machine learning and analytics in the United States, Europe, and Asia. The company operates through two segments, Subscription and Services. Its platform delivers an integrated suite of capabilities for data management, machine learning, and analytics to customers for transforming their businesses. The company provides Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub that allows companies to execute various analytic functions against a shared set of governed and secures data in public and private clouds, and data centers; Cloudera Data Science and Engineering enables users to streamline, simplify, and scale big data processing; Cloudera Operational DB that enables stream processing and real-time analytics on continuously changing data; Cloudera Analytic DB optimizes enterprise data warehouses; and Cloudera Essentials. It also offers Cloudera Altus, a platform-as-a-service offering; Cloudera Data Science Workbench that enables self-service data science for the enterprise; Cloudera Fast Forward Labs, which delivers applied research in machine learning and artificial intelligence to its customers; and Cloudera SDX, a modular software framework that enables its customers to have a shared data experience. In addition, the company provides technical support, professional, and training services. It serves corporate enterprises and public sector organizations primarily through its direct sales force. The company has a strategic partnership with Intel Corporation. Cloudera, Inc. was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-4.79
Forward P/E Ratio-11.64
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$367.44 million
Price / Sales6.24
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$2.29 per share
Price / Book6.76
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($3.23)
Return on Equity-64.55%
Return on Assets-32.27%
Cloudera (NYSE:CLDR) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cloudera's stock symbol?
Cloudera trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CLDR."
How were Cloudera's earnings last quarter?
Cloudera Inc (NYSE:CLDR) released its earnings results on Wednesday, June, 6th. The company reported ($0.17) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of ($0.18) by $0.01. The company had revenue of $102.70 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $101.52 million. Cloudera had a negative return on equity of 64.55% and a negative net margin of 54.93%. Cloudera's revenue for the quarter was up 29.0% on a year-over-year basis. View Cloudera's Earnings History.
What guidance has Cloudera issued on next quarter's earnings?
Cloudera issued an update on its FY19 earnings guidance on Wednesday, June, 6th. The company provided EPS guidance of ($0.62-0.59) for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of ($0.59). The company issued revenue guidance of $435-445 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $440.77 million.Cloudera also updated its Q2 guidance to ($0.13)-(0.15) EPS.
What price target have analysts set for CLDR?
13 brokers have issued twelve-month price objectives for Cloudera's shares. Their predictions range from $12.00 to $25.00. On average, they expect Cloudera's share price to reach $19.1818 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cloudera.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Cloudera stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cloudera stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cloudera, Inc. develops and distributes software for business data which include storage, access, management, analysis, security, search, processing and analysis applications. Its products include Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub, Cloudera Analytic BD, Cloudera Operational DB, Cloudera Data Science & Engineering and Cloud Essentials. Cloudera, Inc. is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. " (6/18/2018)
- 2. Morgan Stanley analysts commented, "We note that competitor Xactly was acquired by Vista Equity Partners at a TTM EV/Sales multiple of 5.5x in 2017, and our $28.00 price target was based on a FY ’18 EV/Sales multiple of 6.0x. In regard to the potential for a higher bid, we surmise that other strategic vendors like salesforce.com or Oracle have had ample opportunity to pursue CALD, and the final purchase price suggests a thorough process. Should any evidence to the contrary emerge from a conference call to discuss the transaction this morning or any subsequent filings, we would update our view accordingly. At this juncture, however, our assumption is that no superior proposal is forthcoming." (1/30/2018)
- 3. Mizuho analysts commented, "We are upgrading Cloudera to Buy while raising our PT to $21. We remain favorably biased on adoption trends and the penetration opportunity as use cases of Hadoop expand over time. At the margin, we believe the stock could re-rate as management builds more credibility in the public markets (with strong results thus far). Based on our view of potential upside to estimates and reasonable valuation, we expect the stock to outperform in 2018. KeyPoints Industry consolidation lends itself to improved pricing environment. We believe Cloudera continues to see greater acceptance in the upper-end of the enterprise space (which can be highly profitable over time as a result of expansion activity). We think use cases continue to grow and adoption of the Hadoop stack remains relatively early in the lifecycle. The recent exit from the market by competitors bodes well for near-to-medium term pricing, in our view. Checks suggest recent trends intact." (1/9/2018)
Who are some of Cloudera's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cloudera include The Ultimate Software Group (ULTI), Tableau Software Inc Class A (DATA), Trend Micro (TMICY), Micro Focus International (MFGP), Black Knight (BKI), Guidewire Software (GWRE), SINA (SINA), Paycom Software (PAYC), Konami (KNMCY), Atlassian (TEAM), New Relic (NEWR), MuleSoft (MULE), Okta (OKTA), National Instruments (NATI) and Twilio (TWLO).
Who are Cloudera's key executives?
Cloudera's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Michael A. Olson, Founder, Chief Strategy Officer & Chairman (Age 56)
- Mr. Thomas J. Reilly, CEO & Director (Age 56)
- Mr. James W. Frankola, Chief Financial Officer (Age 53)
- Mr. Amr Awadallah Ph.D., Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer
- Mr. Wayne Kimber, VP of Fin.
When did Cloudera IPO?
(CLDR) raised $195 million in an IPO on Friday, April 28th 2017. The company issued 15,000,000 shares at $12.00-$14.00 per share. Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morga and Allen & Company acted as the underwriters for the IPO and BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup Global, Deutsche Bank Securities, Stifel, JMP Securities and Raymond James were co-managers.
Has Cloudera been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about CLDR stock have trended somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm scores the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Cloudera earned a news sentiment score of 0.02 on Accern's scale. They also gave media stories about the company an impact score of 46.40 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are Cloudera's major shareholders?
Cloudera's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (11.32%), Contour Asset Management LLC (1.20%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.86%), Northern Trust Corp (0.74%), Cortina Asset Management LLC (0.73%) and Glynn Capital Management LLC (0.33%). Company insiders that own Cloudera stock include Michael A Stankey, Michael Olson and Wayne Kimber. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cloudera.
Which institutional investors are selling Cloudera stock?
CLDR stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Glynn Capital Management LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Millennium Management LLC, Sei Investments Co., Stifel Financial Corp, Suffolk Capital Management LLC and Cortina Asset Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Cloudera company stock in the last year include Michael Olson and Wayne Kimber. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cloudera.
Which institutional investors are buying Cloudera stock?
CLDR stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Contour Asset Management LLC, CI Investments Inc., Park West Asset Management LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., California Public Employees Retirement System, BlackRock Inc., New York State Common Retirement Fund and Northern Trust Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cloudera.
How do I buy shares of Cloudera?
Shares of CLDR can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cloudera's stock price today?
One share of CLDR stock can currently be purchased for approximately $15.48.
How big of a company is Cloudera?
Cloudera has a market capitalization of $2.25 billion and generates $367.44 million in revenue each year. The company earns $-385,790,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($3.23) on an earnings per share basis. Cloudera employs 1,648 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Cloudera?
Cloudera's mailing address is 395 PAGE MILL ROAD, PALO ALTO CA, 94306. The company can be reached via phone at 650-362-0488 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cloudera (CLDR)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cloudera and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe CLDR will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe CLDR will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.