The Clorox Company manufactures and markets consumer and professional products worldwide. It operates through four segments: Cleaning, Household, Lifestyle, and International. The company offers laundry additives, including bleach products under the Clorox brand, as well as Clorox 2 stain fighters and color boosters; home care products primarily under the Clorox, Formula 409, Liquid-Plumr, Pine-Sol, S.O.S, and Tilex brands; naturally derived products under the Green Works brand; and professional cleaning and disinfecting products under the Clorox, Dispatch, Aplicare, HealthLink, and Clorox Healthcare brands. It also provides charcoal products under the Kingsford and Match Light brands; bags, wraps, and containers under the Glad brand; cat litter products under the Fresh Step, Scoop Away, and Ever Clean brands; and digestive health products under the RenewLife brand. In addition, the company offers dressings and sauces primarily under the Hidden Valley, KC Masterpiece, Kingsford, and Soy Vay brands; water-filtration systems and filters under the Brita brand; and natural personal care products under the Burt's Bees brand. Further, it markets its products under the PinoLuz, Ayudin, Limpido, Clorinda, Poett, Mistolin, Lestoil, Bon Bril, Agua Jane, and Chux brands. The company sells its products primarily through mass retail and grocery outlets, warehouse clubs, dollars stores, e-commerce channels, military stores and other retail outlets, and medical supply distributors. The Clorox Company was founded in 1913 and is headquartered in Oakland, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Polishes & sanitation goods
Trailing P/E Ratio24.08
Forward P/E Ratio22.77
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$5.97 billion
Price / Sales2.79
Cash Flow$6.7249 per share
Price / Cash19.16
Book Value$4.21 per share
Price / Book30.61
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$5.35
Net Income$701 million
Return on Equity107.93%
Return on Assets15.21%
Clorox (NYSE:CLX) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Clorox's stock symbol?
Clorox trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CLX."
How often does Clorox pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Clorox?
Clorox declared a quarterly dividend on Monday, May 21st. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, August 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.96 per share on Friday, August 17th. This represents a $3.84 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.98%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, July 31st. View Clorox's Dividend History.
How will Clorox's stock buyback program work?
Clorox announced that its board has approved a share repurchase plan on Thursday, May 24th 2018, which permits the company to buyback $2,000,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization permits the company to purchase up to 12.6% of its shares through open market purchases. Shares buyback plans are typically a sign that the company's board believes its stock is undervalued.
How were Clorox's earnings last quarter?
Clorox Co (NYSE:CLX) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The company reported $1.37 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $1.31 by $0.06. The firm earned $1.52 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $1.51 billion. Clorox had a net margin of 13.27% and a return on equity of 107.93%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 2.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $1.31 EPS. View Clorox's Earnings History.
When is Clorox's next earnings date?
What guidance has Clorox issued on next quarter's earnings?
Clorox issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $6.15-6.30 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $6.11. The company issued revenue guidance of +3% to $6.15 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $6.15 billion.
What price target have analysts set for CLX?
12 Wall Street analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Clorox's shares. Their predictions range from $113.00 to $148.00. On average, they anticipate Clorox's stock price to reach $129.5282 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Clorox.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Clorox stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Clorox stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Clorox has outperformed the industry in the past six months, owing to a robust surprise history, having delivered earnings beat in the last six quarters and topping sales estimates in three of the last four quarters. Additionally, Clorox projects sales growth for fiscal 2018 at the higher-end of its previous guidance, driven by incremental sales from innovation-led products and acquisitions, as well as improved pricing. Moreover, its 2020 Strategy, aimed at bolstering growth for the improvement of categories and overall market share, bodes well. Though earnings and sales topped estimates in third-quarter fiscal 2018, soft margins trend continued to be a headwind. The company witnessed significant pressure on gross margin in the quarter owing to elevated commodity and logistics expenses, which are likely to continue hurting margins in fiscal 2018. Consequently, the company trimmed its earnings per share view for fiscal 2018." (5/8/2018)
- 2. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "We maintain our Market Perform rating. CLX Is Among The Best Positioned In Our Broader Staples Coverage Universe To Benefit From U.S. Tax Reform – Our detailed analysis of the pot’l reforms across broader Staples indicates that this could generate ~+20% EPS accretion for CLX if lowered from 35% to ~20%. We estimate that up to ~55% of this potential upside from pot’l corporate tax reform is currently priced into shares, implying further upside potential for CLX shares (possibly to ~$155-160/shr) if reforms are implemented. (For details on our quantification, please see p. 4). Continued Confidence in CLX’s FY18 Growth Outlook – Management reiterated its 1-3% FY18 sales growth guidance (we continue to estimate +2.3%). Sales growth is still likely to sequentially moderate in F2Q vs. FQ1 due to: (1) Tougher y/y comparisons; (2) A reversal of hurricane-related sales pull-forward; and (3) A slowdown in the Wipes business as CLX takes pricing." (12/13/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Financial Group Inc analysts commented, "In what has been a challenging earnings season in HPC/beverages, CLX’s 1Q print was strong w/org sales upside (4% vs. Street ~3%) and better than expected margins driving a 4-cent EPS beat ($1.46 vs. $1.42). CLX trimmed its FY18 EPS guidance by less than 1% to $5.47-$5.67 (vs. Street/JEF $5.64/$5.55), which was likely not as bad as feared (> 2% cut). Valuation still looks full at 22.5x EV/ULFCF, though we’d expect a positive reaction on the print. Solid start to FY18 with high-quality 1Q EPS beat: Reported 1Q revs of $1.50B were 1 pt ahead of consensus as ~4% org sales growth was above Street estimates of +2.9%. Gross margins of 44.9% came in 25 bps above Street est., driving a >1.5% gross profit beat. SG&A was in-line at 24.7% of sales with OI 2.5% ahead of Consensus. Below the line items (lower tax rate and share count partially offset by a modest other income drag) were a $0.02 net benefit vs. our model as EPS of $1.46 beat Street est. by $0.04 on generally good quality." (11/1/2017)
Who are some of Clorox's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Clorox include MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL INC Common Stock (MDLZ), Heineken (HEINY), Estee Lauder Companies (EL), RECKITT BENCKIS/S (RBGLY), JAPAN Tob Inc/ADR (JAPAY), Colgate-Palmolive (CL), Danone Sponsored ADR common stock (DANOY), PERNOD RICARD S/ADR (PDRDY), Constellation Brands, Inc. Class A (STZ), Constellation Brands, Inc. Class B (STZ.B), Kimberly Clark (KMB), KAO (KCRPY), SYSCO (SYY), Imperial Tobacco Group (IMBBY) and Shiseido (SSDOY).
Who are Clorox's key executives?
Clorox's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Benno O. Dorer, Chairman & CEO (Age 54)
- Ms. Dawn C. Willoughby, Exec. VP & COO (Age 49)
- Ms. Laura Stein, Exec. VP of Corp. Affairs & Gen. Counsel (Age 56)
- Mr. Stephen M. Robb, Advisor (Age 53)
- Mr. Kevin B. Jacobsen, Sr. VP & CFO (Age 51)
Has Clorox been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about CLX stock have been trending positive on Sunday, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm identifies positive and negative press coverage by monitoring more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Clorox earned a news impact score of 0.45 on Accern's scale. They also gave media stories about the company an impact score of 43.64 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the near term.
Who are Clorox's major shareholders?
Clorox's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (7.86%), Northern Trust Corp (2.02%), Valueinvest Asset Management S.A. (1.27%), Schroder Investment Management Group (0.74%), Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. (0.62%) and Legal & General Group Plc (0.58%). Company insiders that own Clorox stock include A D David Mackay, Dawn C Willoughby, James E Foster, Jon M Balousek, Laura Stein, Matthew T Laszlo, Michael R Costello and Nikolaos A Vlahos. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Clorox.
Which major investors are selling Clorox stock?
CLX stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Lord Abbett & CO. LLC, WINTON GROUP Ltd, BNP Paribas Arbitrage SA, PNC Financial Services Group Inc., Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board, BlackRock Inc. and Prudential Financial Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Clorox company stock in the last year include Dawn C Willoughby, James E Foster, Jon M Balousek, Matthew T Laszlo and Michael R Costello. View Insider Buying and Selling for Clorox.
Which major investors are buying Clorox stock?
CLX stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Schroder Investment Management Group, Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc., Victory Capital Management Inc., Stevens Capital Management LP, Kornitzer Capital Management Inc. KS, Carillon Tower Advisers Inc., Guggenheim Capital LLC and Millennium Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Clorox.
How do I buy shares of Clorox?
Shares of CLX can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Clorox's stock price today?
One share of CLX stock can currently be purchased for approximately $128.85.
How big of a company is Clorox?
Clorox has a market capitalization of $16.69 billion and generates $5.97 billion in revenue each year. The company earns $701 million in net income (profit) each year or $5.35 on an earnings per share basis. Clorox employs 8,100 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Clorox?
Clorox's mailing address is 1221 BROADWAY, OAKLAND CA, 94612. The company can be reached via phone at 510-271-7000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Clorox (CLX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Clorox and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe CLX will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe CLX will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.