About Centene Corp
Centene Corporation is a diversified healthcare company that provides programs and services to government sponsored healthcare programs. The Company also provides education and outreach programs to inform and assist members in accessing appropriate healthcare services. The Company operates through two segments. The Managed Care segment provides health plan coverage to individuals, through government subsidized programs, including Medicaid, the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Long Term Care (LTC), Foster Care, dual-eligible individuals (Duals) and the Supplemental Security Income Program, also known as the Aged, Blind or Disabled Program (ABD). The Specialty Services segment consists of its specialty companies offering a range of healthcare services and products to state programs, correctional facilities, healthcare organizations, employer groups and other commercial organizations.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Health Care Plans
- Sub-Industry: Managed Health Care
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: CNC
- CUSIP: 15135B10
- Previous Close: $70.61
- 50 Day Moving Average: $65.59
- 200 Day Moving Average: $63.21
- 52-Week Range: $50.00 - $75.57
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 20.60
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.37
- P/E Growth: 0.97
- Market Cap: $12.14B
- Outstanding Shares: 171,919,000
- Beta: 0.69
- Net Margins: 1.37%
- Return on Equity: 12.83%
- Return on Assets: 3.70%
Companies Related to Centene Corp:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.79%
- Current Ratio: 0.97%
- Quick Ratio: 0.86%
What is Centene Corp's stock symbol?
Centene Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CNC."
Where is Centene Corp's stock going? Where will Centene Corp's stock price be in 2017?
19 brokerages have issued 1-year price targets for Centene Corp's stock. Their forecasts range from $60.00 to $90.00. On average, they anticipate Centene Corp's share price to reach $77.56 in the next year.
When will Centene Corp announce their earnings?
Centene Corp is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 25th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Centene Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Centene Corp stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Centene Corporation provides managed care programs and related services to individuals receiving benefits under Medicaid, including Supplemental Security Income, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program. " (2/16/2017)
- Leerink Swann analysts commented, "We reiterate our Market Perform rating on CNC while raising PT to $64 from $62 after the 4Q report and almost 6% move up yesterday." (2/9/2017)
- Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We are transferring coverage of Centene Corporation (CNC) and rate the shares at Overweight. Our 12-month DCF-based price target is $85, representing about 31% upside. Most investor concerns, including ACA repeal, changes in Medicaid funding and the acquisition of HealthNet, are overblown, in our view. While Congress debates repeal/replace of the ACA, we find it difficult to believe that the Trump administration will be able to unwind the Medicaid expansion component of the ACA. Also, block grants for Medicaid is not a new concept, and we believe structural changes to Medicaid are unlikely. That being said, we view Medicaid as a good growth opportunity. At the same time, CNC is building its Medicare Advantage business as well as its specialty offerings. We believe the risk/reward trade-off is very compelling." (2/6/2017)
FBR & Co analysts commented, "At its analyst meeting on Friday, June 17, Centene provided solid commentary regarding the integration of Health Net and its longer-term growth strategies. Management reiterated its 2016 guidance, which we view positively, especially given the lingering concerns regarding the need to increase Health Net reserves. Also, management indicated that it has visibility to 2017 revenue of $45 billion, which is in line with our estimate. Centene also indicated that it should achieve additional synergies from Health Net over time beyond the $150 million it previously identified. In our view, it is difficult not to be impressed with Centene’s growth, and future prospects remain strong, especially in Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and individual exchange products. The shares offer ~34% upside potential to our DCF- based price target." (6/20/2016)
Who owns Centene Corp stock?
Centene Corp's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (4.07%), William Blair Investment Management LLC (2.00%), Viking Global Investors LP (0.96%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.96%), AQR Capital Management LLC (0.58%) and Guggenheim Capital LLC (0.58%). Company insiders that own Centene Corp stock include Carol Goldman, Donald G Imholz, Jeffrey A Schwaneke, Jesse N Hunter, Keith H Williamson, Kenneth Rone Baldwin, Mark J Brooks, Michael F Neidorff, Richard A Gephardt, Robert K Ditmore, Tommy G Thompson and William N Scheffel.
Who sold Centene Corp stock? Who is selling Centene Corp stock?
Centene Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including William Blair Investment Management LLC, Systematic Financial Management LP, Credit Agricole S A, Fred Alger Management Inc., FIL Ltd, Artemis Investment Management LLP, FMR LLC and Fiera Capital Corp. Company insiders that have sold Centene Corp stock in the last year include Carol Goldman, Jesse N Hunter, Keith H Williamson, Kenneth Rone Baldwin, Mark J Brooks and Richard A Gephardt.
Who bought Centene Corp stock? Who is buying Centene Corp stock?
Centene Corp's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Viking Global Investors LP, Appaloosa LP, AQR Capital Management LLC, Roystone Capital Management LP, Deerfield Management Co., Renaissance Technologies LLC, Tavio Capital LLC and Asset Management One Co. Ltd..
How do I buy Centene Corp stock?
Shares of Centene Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Centene Corp stock cost?
One share of Centene Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $70.61.