Cubic Corporation provides various integrated solutions worldwide. Its solutions enhance the situational understanding for transportation, defense, and training customers, as well as for command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) customers. The company operates through four segments: Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense Systems (CGD Systems), Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS), and Cubic Global Defense Services (CGD Services). The CTS segment integrates payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions. It delivers integrated systems for transportation and traffic management; and tools for travelers to choose the smartest and easiest way to travel and pay for their journeys, as well as enables transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network. The CGD Systems segment supplies live, virtual, constructive, and game-based training solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government agencies, and allied nations. The CMS segment offers networked C4ISR solutions for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. The CGD Services segment provides specialized military, security force, and intelligence support services to the U.S. government and allied nations. The company was incorporated in 1949 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Measuring & controlling devices, not elsewhere classified
Sub-IndustryAerospace & Defense
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-160.98
Forward P/E Ratio44.47
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.49 billion
Price / Sales1.22
Cash Flow$1.4747 per share
Price / Cash45.23
Book Value$25.42 per share
Price / Book2.62
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.41)
Return on Equity-1.83%
Return on Assets-0.94%
Cubic (NYSE:CUB) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cubic's stock symbol?
Cubic trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CUB."
How often does Cubic pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Cubic?
Cubic declared a Semi-Annual dividend on Monday, February 19th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, March 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.135 per share on Monday, March 12th. This represents a dividend yield of 0.44%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, February 28th. View Cubic's Dividend History.
How were Cubic's earnings last quarter?
Cubic Co. (NYSE:CUB) posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The scientific and technical instruments company reported ($0.07) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.17) by $0.10. The scientific and technical instruments company earned $278.60 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $255.25 million. Cubic had a negative return on equity of 1.83% and a negative net margin of 1.44%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 12.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.02 earnings per share. View Cubic's Earnings History.
When is Cubic's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for CUB?
6 brokerages have issued 12 month price targets for Cubic's shares. Their forecasts range from $58.00 to $76.00. On average, they anticipate Cubic's share price to reach $67.20 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cubic.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Cubic stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cubic stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cubic Corporation is the parent company of two major business segments: defense and transportation. The Cubic Defense Applications group is a world leader in realistic combat training systems, mission support services and defense electronics. Cubic Transportation Systems designs and manufactures automatic fare collection systems for public transit authorities. Cubic Transportation Systems designs, manufactures and integrates automatic fare collection systems for public transit projects throughout the world. This includes rail, bus and parking lot systems. The company supplies contactless smart cards; magnetic stripe cards; device software; and transit hardware including gates, ticket machines and card readers. Cubic Defense Applications provides realistic live combat training systems for military forces as well as virtual training systems, constructive simulation support, force modernization, battle command training and education and engineering & technical support. " (5/8/2018)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Date and time of production: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Cubic Corporation – CUB Our $50 price target is based on the weighted blend of a 33x EPS multiple and a 14x multiple on our adjusted 2018 EBITDA estimate. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: Cubic Corporation – CUB A few of the investment risks for Cubic Corp include the potential for financial statement restatements (the company restated YE2013/2012 on May 2014 and has completed two restatements in the last three years), issues with internal control over financial reporting (the company addressed earlier this year, defense spending by U.S. and allied nations, government contractor bill rates and contracting terms, acquisition integration, FX rates and interest rate movements, contract timing in the CTS business, transport project management and cost control, specific DoD program timing and contract award schedules, technology integration into the government and transport markets, competitive consolidation and program bidding, M&A opportunities and pipeline." (8/10/2017)
Who are some of Cubic's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cubic include Abaxis (ABAX), MTS Systems (MTSC), Nanometrics (NANO), Faro Technologies (FARO), Oxford Instruments (OXINF), Geospace Technologies (GEOS), Cemtrex (CETX), Image Sensing Systems (ISNS), Midwest Energy Emissions (MEEC), Mikros Systems (MKRS), Sierra Monitor (SRMC), Mechanical Technology (MKTY) and Visualant (VSUL).
Who are Cubic's key executives?
Cubic's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Bradley H. Feldmann, Chairman, CEO & Pres (Age 56)
- Mr. Matthew James Cole, Sr. VP (Age 38)
- Mr. John D. Thomas, Exec. Advisor (Age 64)
- Mr. Anshooman Aga, CFO & Exec. VP (Age 42)
- Ms. Jan L. Marshall, Chief Information Officer & VP
Has Cubic been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about CUB stock have been trending somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern identifies positive and negative media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Cubic earned a daily sentiment score of 0.14 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news coverage about the scientific and technical instruments company an impact score of 47.14 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the next several days.
Who are Cubic's major shareholders?
Cubic's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (15.33%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (6.29%), Ceredex Value Advisors LLC (3.37%), State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D (3.08%), Pzena Investment Management LLC (2.62%) and Northern Trust Corp (2.36%). Company insiders that own Cubic stock include Bradley H Feldmann, David F Melcher, Janice M Hamby and Mark Harrison. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cubic.
Which major investors are selling Cubic stock?
CUB stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including First Pacific Advisors LLC, State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D, River Road Asset Management LLC, Pzena Investment Management LLC, Cortina Asset Management LLC, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, New York State Common Retirement Fund and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cubic.
Which major investors are buying Cubic stock?
CUB stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ceredex Value Advisors LLC, Summit Trail Advisors LLC, BlackRock Inc., Pier Capital LLC, Great West Life Assurance Co. Can, Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Barclays PLC. Company insiders that have bought Cubic stock in the last two years include Bradley H Feldmann, David F Melcher and Janice M Hamby. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cubic.
How do I buy shares of Cubic?
Shares of CUB can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cubic's stock price today?
One share of CUB stock can currently be purchased for approximately $66.70.
How big of a company is Cubic?
Cubic has a market capitalization of $1.81 billion and generates $1.49 billion in revenue each year. The scientific and technical instruments company earns $-11,200,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.41) on an earnings per share basis. Cubic employs 8,700 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Cubic?
Cubic's mailing address is 9333 Balboa Avenue, San Diego CA, 92123. The scientific and technical instruments company can be reached via phone at 858-277-6780 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cubic (CUB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cubic and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe CUB will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe CUB will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.