Cubic Corporation (Cubic) designs, integrates and operates systems, products and services that provide situational awareness for its customers in the transportation and defense industries. The Company operates in three business segments across the global transportation and defense markets, which include Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD) and Cubic Global Defense Services (CGD Services). The Company's CTS segment is a systems integrator of payment and information technology and services for travel solutions. The Company's CGD Systems is focused on two primary lines of business: training systems and secure communications (SC) products. The Company's CGD Services segment is a provider of training, operations, intelligence, maintenance, technical and other support services to the United States government and its agencies and allied nations. It also provides cross-domain hardware solutions to address multi-level security challenges across common networks.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Aerospace & Defense - NEC
- Sub-Industry: Aerospace & Defense
- Symbol: NYSE:CUB
- CUSIP: 22966910
- Web: www.cubic.com
- Market Cap: $1.14 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 27,126,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $45.64
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $48.51
- 52 Week Range: $39.50 - $55.65
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.25
- P/E Growth: -0.32
- Annual Revenue: $1.45 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.78
- Book Value: $24.39 per share
- Price / Book: 1.72
- Annual Dividend: $0.27
- Dividend Yield: 0.6%
- EBIDTA: $53.94 million
- Net Margins: -2.20%
- Return on Equity: -4.74%
- Return on Assets: -2.22%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.30%
- Current Ratio: 1.71%
- Quick Ratio: 1.41%
- Average Volume: 108,864 shs.
- Beta: 0.99
- Short Ratio: 16.61
Frequently Asked Questions for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
What is Cubic Corporation's stock symbol?
Cubic Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CUB."
How often does Cubic Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Cubic Corporation?
Cubic Corporation declared a semiannual dividend on Monday, August 14th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 1st will be given a dividend of $0.135 per share on Friday, September 15th. This represents a dividend yield of 0.62%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 30th. View Cubic Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Cubic Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB) released its earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported ($0.81) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.05 by $0.86. The company earned $361.87 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $383.47 million. Cubic Corporation had a negative return on equity of 4.74% and a negative net margin of 2.20%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 3.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.17 EPS. View Cubic Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Cubic Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cubic Corporation's stock going? Where will Cubic Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
4 brokers have issued twelve-month price targets for Cubic Corporation's shares. Their forecasts range from $48.00 to $58.00. On average, they anticipate Cubic Corporation's share price to reach $52.25 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cubic Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Cubic Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cubic Corporation stock:
- 1. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Date and time of production: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Cubic Corporation – CUB Our $50 price target is based on the weighted blend of a 33x EPS multiple and a 14x multiple on our adjusted 2018 EBITDA estimate. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: Cubic Corporation – CUB A few of the investment risks for Cubic Corp include the potential for financial statement restatements (the company restated YE2013/2012 on May 2014 and has completed two restatements in the last three years), issues with internal control over financial reporting (the company addressed earlier this year, defense spending by U.S. and allied nations, government contractor bill rates and contracting terms, acquisition integration, FX rates and interest rate movements, contract timing in the CTS business, transport project management and cost control, specific DoD program timing and contract award schedules, technology integration into the government and transport markets, competitive consolidation and program bidding, M&A opportunities and pipeline." (8/10/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cubic Corporation is the parent company of two major business segments: defense and transportation. The Cubic Defense Applications group is a world leader in realistic combat training systems, mission support services and defense electronics. Cubic Transportation Systems designs and manufactures automatic fare collection systems for public transit authorities. Cubic Transportation Systems designs, manufactures and integrates automatic fare collection systems for public transit projects throughout the world. This includes rail, bus and parking lot systems. The company supplies contactless smart cards; magnetic stripe cards; device software; and transit hardware including gates, ticket machines and card readers. Cubic Defense Applications provides realistic live combat training systems for military forces as well as virtual training systems, constructive simulation support, force modernization, battle command training and education and engineering & technical support. " (8/7/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "CUB posted FQ1 results after the close yesterday that were better than we were expecting. By CUB standards,it was a relatively clean quarter and business appears to be tracking expectations in both the Defense and Transportation segments. CUB's defense business (60% of revs) was stronger than expected, with faster growth in Defense Systems. Mgmt remains optimistic about its pipeline of opportunities in Transportation (40% of revs). CUB appears well positioned to win the large multi-year MTA contactless fare card contract in NYC. Mgmt reaffirmed guidance for 3-6% rev growth for F17 and 10% growth in adj. EBITDA at the midpoint of its F17 guidance. We are tweaking our estimates for F17 and F18 and continue to look for significant improvement in profitability in F18. We reiterate our Buy rating." (2/10/2017)
Who are some of Cubic Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cubic Corporation include Mercury Systems (MRCY), DigitalGlobe (DGI), QinetiQ Group plc (QQ), Ultra Electronics Holdings plc (ULE), Triumph Group (TGI), TASER International (AAXN), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS), AeroVironment (AVAV), Astronics Corporation (ATRO), Avation PLC (AVAP), American Science & Engineering (ASEI), B/E Aerospace (BEAV), Chemring Group plc (CHG), Colliers International UK PLC (COL), Exelis (XLS) and Moog (MOG).
Who are Cubic Corporation's key executives?
Cubic Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Bradley H. Feldmann, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- John D. Thomas CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- James R. Edwards, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Mark A. Harrison CPA, Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller
- David H. Buss, Senior Vice President and President of Cubic Global Defense
- Matthew J. Cole, Senior Vice President; President of Cubic Transportation Systems
- Diane Giuliani, Senior Vice President - global Business Development and Strategy of Cubic Global Defense
- Michael R. Twyman, Senior Vice President and President, Cubic Mission Solutions
- Jan Marshall, Chief Information Officer
- Gregory L. Tanner, Vice President, Treasurer
Who owns Cubic Corporation stock?
Cubic Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (14.13%), Vanguard Group Inc. (7.91%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (6.38%), Franklin Resources Inc. (5.40%), State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D (4.39%) and Pzena Investment Management LLC (3.37%). Company insiders that own Cubic Corporation stock include Bradley H Feldmann, Bruce G Blakley, James R Edwards, Janice M Hamby, John D Thomas, John H Warner Jr, John H Warner, Jr, Mark Harrison, Matthew James Cole, Walter C Zable and William J Toti. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cubic Corporation.
Who sold Cubic Corporation stock? Who is selling Cubic Corporation stock?
Cubic Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including River Road Asset Management LLC, Franklin Resources Inc., Ameriprise Financial Inc., Third Avenue Management LLC, American Century Companies Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Bank of Montreal Can and Vanguard Group Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cubic Corporation.
Who bought Cubic Corporation stock? Who is buying Cubic Corporation stock?
Cubic Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, BlackRock Inc., Granite Investment Partners LLC, State Street Corp, Value Holdings Management CO. LLC, Suffolk Capital Management LLC and Northern Trust Corp. Company insiders that have bought Cubic Corporation stock in the last two years include Bradley H Feldmann, Bruce G Blakley, James R Edwards, Janice M Hamby, John D Thomas, John H Warner Jr, John H Warner, Jr, Mark Harrison, Matthew James Cole and William J Toti. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cubic Corporation.
How do I buy Cubic Corporation stock?
Shares of Cubic Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cubic Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cubic Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Cubic Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $41.95.
Earnings History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)Earnings History by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/20/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|8/3/2017||Q3 2017||$0.05||($0.81)||$383.47 million||$361.87 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q2 2017||$0.08||$0.02||$365.04 million||$343.71 million||View||Listen|
|2/9/2017||Q1 2017||($0.06)||($0.11)||$330.36 million||$334.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/21/2016||Q416||$0.17||($0.29)||$390.30 million||$406.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q316||$0.29||$0.17||$387.41 million||$375.20 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2016||Q216||$0.23||$0.38||$349.70 million||$366.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/4/2016||Q116||$0.28||($0.20)||$330.33 million||$313.81 million||View||N/A|
|11/23/2015||Q315||$0.96||$0.74||$411.17 million||$425.90 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.57||$0.33||$355.51 million||$347.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/18/2015||Q115||$0.65||$0.68||$321.51 million||$338.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/25/2014||Q414||$0.93||$1.22||$390.50 million||$396.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2014||Q314||$0.75||$0.45||$370.90 million||$340.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q214||$0.65||$0.60||$316.08 million||$354.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q3 2013||$0.65||$0.69||$349.55 million||$340.45 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q2 2013||$0.67||$1.02||$334.37 million||$364.30 million||View||N/A|
|2/11/2013||Q1 2013||$0.70||$0.47||$315.77 million||$313.37 million||View||N/A|
|12/9/2010||$0.62||$0.63||$295.08 million||$347.71 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.58 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.73 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
|Dividend Growth:||4.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-22.69% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
-46.55% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
15.61% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 7.73%Insider Trades by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 88.93%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|2/27/2017||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||95||$52.95||$5,030.25|| |
|11/28/2016||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Buy||11||$46.33||$509.63|| |
|11/28/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||100||$47.25||$4,725.00|| |
|8/19/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||200||$47.60||$9,520.00|| |
|2/29/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||30||$35.15||$1,054.50|| |
|2/25/2016||Bruce G Blakley||Director||Buy||200||$33.92||$6,784.00|| |
|2/19/2016||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Buy||3,050||$33.36||$101,748.00|| |
|2/17/2016||John H Warner Jr||Director||Buy||3,000||$32.94||$98,820.00|| |
|2/12/2016||John D Thomas||CFO||Buy||100||$31.48||$3,148.00|| |
|2/12/2016||William J Toti||SVP||Buy||625||$32.14||$20,087.50|| |
|2/11/2016||Mark Harrison||SVP||Buy||1,000||$31.20||$31,200.00|| |
|2/10/2016||John D. Thomas||CFO||Buy||2,000||$31.46||$62,920.00|| |
|2/9/2016||John H. Warner, Jr.||Director||Buy||9,000||$31.71||$285,390.00|| |
|2/8/2016||James R. Edwards||SVP||Buy||322||$31.07||$10,004.54|| |
|2/8/2016||Matthew James Cole||Insider||Buy||634||$31.30||$19,844.20|| |
|11/10/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||10,000||$44.27||$442,700.00|| |
|11/9/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||10,000||$44.64||$446,400.00|| |
|11/2/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||183,060||$44.81||$8,202,918.60|| |
|6/24/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||31,400||$49.83||$1,564,662.00|| |
|6/23/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||70,000||$49.63||$3,474,100.00|| |
|6/22/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||33,053||$49.02||$1,620,258.06|| |
|12/22/2014||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Sell||7,700||$53.22||$409,794.00|| |
|10/1/2014||John D Thomas||CFO||Sell||2,500||$53.75||$134,375.00|| |
|8/19/2014||Stephen O Shewmaker||EVP||Sell||1,000||$45.82||$45,820.00|| |
|6/12/2014||William W Boyle||CEO||Sell||1,360||$48.15||$65,484.00|| |
|12/18/2013||Bradley Feldmann||COO||Sell||4,015||$49.15||$197,337.25|| |
|6/19/2013||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||347,250||$45.75||$15,886,687.50|| |
|5/21/2013||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||2,315,000||$45.75||$105,911,250.00|| |
|12/21/2012||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||15,000||$47.90||$718,500.00|| |
Headline Trends for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Latest Headlines for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Cubic Corporation (CUB) Chart for Monday, August, 21, 2017