About Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Cubic Corporation (Cubic) designs, integrates and operates systems, products and services that provide situational awareness for its customers in the transportation and defense industries. The Company operates in three business segments across the global transportation and defense markets, which include Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD) and Cubic Global Defense Services (CGD Services). The Company's CTS segment is a systems integrator of payment and information technology and services for travel solutions. The Company's CGD Systems is focused on two primary lines of business: training systems and secure communications (SC) products. The Company's CGD Services segment is a provider of training, operations, intelligence, maintenance, technical and other support services to the United States government and its agencies and allied nations. It also provides cross-domain hardware solutions to address multi-level security challenges across common networks.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Aerospace & Defense
Sub-IndustryAerospace & Defense
Trailing P/E RatioN/A
Forward P/E RatioN/A
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.49 billion
Price / Sales1.14
Cash Flow$1.50 per share
Price / Cash41.32
Book Value$25.35 per share
Price / Book2.45
Net Income$1.73 million
Return on Equity-1.66%
Return on Assets-0.80%
Frequently Asked Questions for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
What is Cubic Corporation's stock symbol?
Cubic Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CUB."
How often does Cubic Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Cubic Corporation?
Cubic Corporation declared a semiannual dividend on Monday, August 14th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 1st will be given a dividend of $0.135 per share on Friday, September 15th. This represents a dividend yield of 0.62%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, August 30th. View Cubic Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Cubic Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB) announced its quarterly earnings results on Monday, November, 20th. The scientific and technical instruments company reported $0.49 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.14 by $0.35. The scientific and technical instruments company had revenue of $445.60 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $436.76 million. Cubic Corporation had a negative net margin of 0.75% and a negative return on equity of 1.66%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 9.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company posted ($0.28) EPS. View Cubic Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Cubic Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cubic Corporation's stock going? Where will Cubic Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
6 analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Cubic Corporation's stock. Their forecasts range from $53.00 to $64.00. On average, they anticipate Cubic Corporation's share price to reach $59.17 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Cubic Corporation.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Cubic Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cubic Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cubic Corporation is the parent company of two major business segments: defense and transportation. The Cubic Defense Applications group is a world leader in realistic combat training systems, mission support services and defense electronics. Cubic Transportation Systems designs and manufactures automatic fare collection systems for public transit authorities. Cubic Transportation Systems designs, manufactures and integrates automatic fare collection systems for public transit projects throughout the world. This includes rail, bus and parking lot systems. The company supplies contactless smart cards; magnetic stripe cards; device software; and transit hardware including gates, ticket machines and card readers. Cubic Defense Applications provides realistic live combat training systems for military forces as well as virtual training systems, constructive simulation support, force modernization, battle command training and education and engineering & technical support. " (11/20/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Date and time of production: August 10, 2017, 09:39 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Cubic Corporation – CUB Our $50 price target is based on the weighted blend of a 33x EPS multiple and a 14x multiple on our adjusted 2018 EBITDA estimate. Risks to achieving Target Price / Valuation: Cubic Corporation – CUB A few of the investment risks for Cubic Corp include the potential for financial statement restatements (the company restated YE2013/2012 on May 2014 and has completed two restatements in the last three years), issues with internal control over financial reporting (the company addressed earlier this year, defense spending by U.S. and allied nations, government contractor bill rates and contracting terms, acquisition integration, FX rates and interest rate movements, contract timing in the CTS business, transport project management and cost control, specific DoD program timing and contract award schedules, technology integration into the government and transport markets, competitive consolidation and program bidding, M&A opportunities and pipeline." (8/10/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "CUB posted FQ1 results after the close yesterday that were better than we were expecting. By CUB standards,it was a relatively clean quarter and business appears to be tracking expectations in both the Defense and Transportation segments. CUB's defense business (60% of revs) was stronger than expected, with faster growth in Defense Systems. Mgmt remains optimistic about its pipeline of opportunities in Transportation (40% of revs). CUB appears well positioned to win the large multi-year MTA contactless fare card contract in NYC. Mgmt reaffirmed guidance for 3-6% rev growth for F17 and 10% growth in adj. EBITDA at the midpoint of its F17 guidance. We are tweaking our estimates for F17 and F18 and continue to look for significant improvement in profitability in F18. We reiterate our Buy rating." (2/10/2017)
Who are some of Cubic Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cubic Corporation include Cobham plc (COB), Moog (MOG), Moog (MOG.A), Mercury Systems (MRCY), Esterline Technologies Corporation (ESL), DigitalGlobe (DGI), Triumph Group (TGI), TASER International (AAXN), QinetiQ Group plc (QQ), Astronics Corporation (ATRO), AeroVironment (AVAV), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS), Ultra Electronics Holdings plc (ULE), Chemring Group plc (CHG), Avation PLC (AVAP), American Science & Engineering (ASEI) and B/E Aerospace (BEAV).
Who are Cubic Corporation's key executives?
Cubic Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Bradley H. Feldmann, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 55)
- Anshooman Aga, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- James R. Edwards, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 65)
- Mark A. Harrison CPA, Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller (Age 59)
- David H. Buss, Senior Vice President and President of Cubic Global Defense (Age 60)
- Matthew J. Cole, Senior Vice President; President of Cubic Transportation Systems (Age 37)
- Michael R. Twyman, Senior Vice President and President, Cubic Mission Solutions (Age 56)
- Gregory L. Tanner, Vice President, Treasurer (Age 58)
- Walter C. Zable, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board (Age 70)
- Bruce G. Blakley CPA, Independent Director (Age 71)
Who owns Cubic Corporation stock?
Cubic Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (6.58%), State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D (4.28%), Pzena Investment Management LLC (3.49%), Ameriprise Financial Inc. (1.69%), River Road Asset Management LLC (1,604,924.44%) and Cortina Asset Management LLC (1.35%). Company insiders that own Cubic Corporation stock include Bradley H Feldmann, Bruce G Blakley, James R Edwards, Janice M Hamby, John D Thomas, John H Warner Jr, John H Warner, Jr, Mark Harrison, Matthew James Cole and William J Toti. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cubic Corporation.
Who sold Cubic Corporation stock? Who is selling Cubic Corporation stock?
Cubic Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including SG Capital Management LLC, Ameriprise Financial Inc., River Road Asset Management LLC, State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, State of Wisconsin Investment Board, California State Teachers Retirement System and Advisors Asset Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cubic Corporation.
Who bought Cubic Corporation stock? Who is buying Cubic Corporation stock?
Cubic Corporation's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Cortina Asset Management LLC, Systematic Financial Management LP, Granite Investment Partners LLC, Great West Life Assurance Co. Can, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, New York State Common Retirement Fund, Pzena Investment Management LLC and Sterling Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Cubic Corporation stock in the last two years include Bradley H Feldmann, Bruce G Blakley, James R Edwards, Janice M Hamby, John D Thomas, John H Warner Jr, John H Warner, Jr, Mark Harrison, Matthew James Cole and William J Toti. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cubic Corporation.
How do I buy Cubic Corporation stock?
Shares of Cubic Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cubic Corporation's stock price today?
One share of Cubic Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $62.00.
How big of a company is Cubic Corporation?
Cubic Corporation has a market capitalization of $1.72 billion and generates $1.49 billion in revenue each year. The scientific and technical instruments company earns $1.73 million in net income (profit) each year or ($0.41) on an earnings per share basis. Cubic Corporation employs 8,500 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Cubic Corporation?
Cubic Corporation's mailing address is 9333 BALBOA AVE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92123, United States. The scientific and technical instruments company can be reached via phone at +1-858-6230489 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cubic Corporation (CUB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cubic Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 0 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$59.17 (4.57% downside)|
Consensus Price Target History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Analysts' Ratings History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
(Data available from 11/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|11/21/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Boost Price Target||Buy||$56.00 -> $62.00||N/A|
|11/21/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Buy||$55.00 -> $64.00||N/A|
|10/11/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$49.00 -> $58.00||N/A|
|9/22/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Boost Price Target||Mkt Perform -> Buy||Low|
|8/10/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Neutral -> Overweight||$53.00||High|
|12/22/2016||Drexel Hamilton||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$58.00||N/A|
|2/5/2016||Benchmark Co.||Lower Price Target||Buy||$50.00||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Earnings History by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/20/2017||Q4 2017||$0.14||$0.49||$436.76 million||$445.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2017||Q3 2017||$0.05||($0.81)||$383.47 million||$361.87 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q2 2017||$0.08||$0.02||$365.04 million||$343.71 million||View||Listen|
|2/9/2017||Q1 2017||($0.06)||($0.11)||$330.36 million||$334.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/21/2016||Q416||$0.17||($0.29)||$390.30 million||$406.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q316||$0.29||$0.17||$387.41 million||$375.20 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2016||Q216||$0.23||$0.38||$349.70 million||$366.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/4/2016||Q116||$0.28||($0.20)||$330.33 million||$313.81 million||View||N/A|
|11/23/2015||Q315||$0.96||$0.74||$411.17 million||$425.90 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.57||$0.33||$355.51 million||$347.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/18/2015||Q115||$0.65||$0.68||$321.51 million||$338.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/25/2014||Q414||$0.93||$1.22||$390.50 million||$396.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2014||Q314||$0.75||$0.45||$370.90 million||$340.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q214||$0.65||$0.60||$316.08 million||$354.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q3 2013||$0.65||$0.69||$349.55 million||$340.45 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q2 2013||$0.67||$1.02||$334.37 million||$364.30 million||View||N/A|
|2/11/2013||Q1 2013||$0.70||$0.47||$315.77 million||$313.37 million||View||N/A|
|12/9/2010||$0.62||$0.63||$295.08 million||$347.71 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.97 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.86 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/15/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||4.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-65.85% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
13.71% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
9.44% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 7.86%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 86.52%
Insider Trades by Quarter for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|2/27/2017||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||95||$52.95||$5,030.25|| |
|11/28/2016||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Buy||11||$46.33||$509.63|| |
|11/28/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||100||$47.25||$4,725.00|| |
|8/19/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||200||$47.60||$9,520.00|| |
|2/29/2016||Janice M Hamby||Director||Buy||30||$35.15||$1,054.50|| |
|2/25/2016||Bruce G Blakley||Director||Buy||200||$33.92||$6,784.00|| |
|2/19/2016||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Buy||3,050||$33.36||$101,748.00|| |
|2/17/2016||John H Warner Jr||Director||Buy||3,000||$32.94||$98,820.00|| |
|2/12/2016||John D Thomas||CFO||Buy||100||$31.48||$3,148.00|| |
|2/12/2016||William J Toti||SVP||Buy||625||$32.14||$20,087.50|| |
|2/11/2016||Mark Harrison||SVP||Buy||1,000||$31.20||$31,200.00|| |
|2/10/2016||John D. Thomas||CFO||Buy||2,000||$31.46||$62,920.00|| |
|2/9/2016||John H. Warner, Jr.||Director||Buy||9,000||$31.71||$285,390.00|| |
|2/8/2016||James R. Edwards||SVP||Buy||322||$31.07||$10,004.54|| |
|2/8/2016||Matthew James Cole||Insider||Buy||634||$31.30||$19,844.20|| |
|11/10/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||10,000||$44.27||$442,700.00|| |
|11/9/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||10,000||$44.64||$446,400.00|| |
|11/2/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||183,060||$44.81||$8,202,918.60|| |
|6/24/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||31,400||$49.83||$1,564,662.00|| |
|6/23/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||70,000||$49.63||$3,474,100.00|| |
|6/22/2015||Walter C Zable||Chairman||Sell||33,053||$49.02||$1,620,258.06|| |
|12/22/2014||Bradley H Feldmann||CEO||Sell||7,700||$53.22||$409,794.00|| |
|10/1/2014||John D Thomas||CFO||Sell||2,500||$53.75||$134,375.00|| |
|8/19/2014||Stephen O Shewmaker||EVP||Sell||1,000||$45.82||$45,820.00|| |
|6/12/2014||William W Boyle||CEO||Sell||1,360||$48.15||$65,484.00|| |
|12/18/2013||Bradley Feldmann||COO||Sell||4,015||$49.15||$197,337.25|| |
|6/19/2013||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||347,250||$45.75||$15,886,687.50|| |
|5/21/2013||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||2,315,000||$45.75||$105,911,250.00|| |
|12/21/2012||Karen Zable Cox||Major Shareholder||Sell||15,000||$47.90||$718,500.00|| |
Latest Headlines for Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB)
Cubic Corporation (NYSE CUB) Chart for Thursday, November, 23, 2017