Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures and markets professional, medical, industrial and commercial products and services. The Company operates in five segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental, and Industrial Technologies. The Test & Measurement segment offers products, software and services. Its Environmental segment products and services help protect the water supply, enhance the safety of personal data and improve business efficiencies. In the Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment, its diagnostics business offers analytical instruments, reagents, consumables, software and services. Its life sciences business offers research tools. Its Dental segment provides products that are used to diagnose, treat and prevent disease and ailments of the teeth, gums and supporting bone. Its Industrial Technologies segment solutions help protect the world's food supply, improve packaging design and quality, and verify pharmaceutical dosages.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Multi-Sector Conglomerates
- Industry: Diversified Machinery
- Sub-Industry: Industrial Conglomerates
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: DHR
- CUSIP: 23585110
- Previous Close: $85.55
- 50 Day Moving Average: $82.70
- 200 Day Moving Average: $79.67
- 52-Week Range: $75.71 - $86.33
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.43
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.94
- P/E Growth: 2.30
- Market Cap: $59.31B
- Outstanding Shares: 693,280,000
- Beta: 1
- Net Margins: 12.84%
- Return on Equity: 12.38%
- Return on Assets: 6.37%
Companies Related to Danaher:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.42%
- Current Ratio: 0.97%
- Quick Ratio: 0.72%
What is Danaher's stock symbol?
Danaher trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "DHR."
How often does Danaher pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Danaher?
Danaher announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, February 21st. Stockholders of record on Friday, March 31st will be given a dividend of $0.14 per share on Friday, April 28th. This represents a $0.56 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.65%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, March 29th. This is a positive change from Danaher's previous quarterly dividend of $0.13.
Where is Danaher's stock going? Where will Danaher's stock price be in 2017?
18 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Danaher's shares. Their forecasts range from $74.00 to $120.00. On average, they anticipate Danaher's stock price to reach $93.84 in the next twelve months.
When will Danaher announce their earnings?
Danaher is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 19th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Danaher stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Danaher stock:
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Following a solid 4Q beat, our '17 forecasts feel incrementally conservative, given strong core margin progress & encouraging signs of better demand in certain industrial pockets. With core growth poised to accelerate in '17 (and '18) & ample margin expansion levers on-hand, we maintain our Buy rating." (2/1/2017)
- Evercore ISI analysts commented, "DHR delivered a quarter generally consistent with expectations as core growth remains on an upward trajectory, OMx is solid given the flurry of deals over the past 24 months and FCF conversion is elevated (another form of synergy capture from M&A). We believe investors have aptly rewarded the result, with today's move in shares indicative of a flee to safety and predictability in what is otherwise a challenging Healthcare tape. Given potential cyclical upside should global GDP growth accelerate and a reasonably strong B/S to continue capital allocation in 2017 and beyond we believe DHR's elevated valuation is justified and thus it remains our 'Top Pick' within a Tools complex we favor overall. Furthermore, we believe that while the Dental market has proven frustrating, the asset is of high quality and long-term investors will be pleased to either see the business generate improved / superior returns or be monetized (via sale / spin) for more than is implied in current valuation." (1/31/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Danaher has a decent earnings surprise history, beating estimates thrice over the trailing four quarters. The company’s core revenue growth, margin expansion and earnings growth during the reported quarter came on the back of its operating culture – Danaher Business System. After the spin-off of Fortive, Danaher is well on track to fortify its footprint in the targeted markets. The spin-off also represents Danaher’s effort to shift to less volatile end-markets. However, over the past six months, Danaher’s shares have yielded a negative return, comparing unfavorably to the Zacks categorized Diversified Operations industry average. Sluggish economic conditions across key operating regions and unfavorable currency translations pose as threats. Especially, slowdown in the company’s academic business in Europe is proving to be a major drag. Also, weakness in industrial markets and stiff competition add to its woes." (12/29/2016)
J P Morgan Chase & Co analysts commented, "With the pending spin-off of FTV set to be completed on July 2nd, we will be hosting a deep dive call at 10 am ET this morning on DHR and FTV. We believe this will be a timely conversation, as in addition to an analysis of the post spin revenue mix expected at both new DHR and FTV, we also plan to discuss a number of key topics (addressed below), including the recent underperformance of dental and thoughts on a turnaround; M&A/capital deployment (including a discussion of the broader opportunity set); the OPM expansion opportunity at both companies, appropriate comps for each business; updated thoughts on Pall around year two of the integration; and results from our recent buyside survey. Slides and dial-in details will be sent out in advance of the call." (6/30/2016)
Who owns Danaher stock?
Danaher's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (3.58%), FMR LLC (2.80%), Brown Advisory Inc. (0.99%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.57%), Putnam Investments LLC (0.54%) and Franklin Resources Inc. (0.39%). Company insiders that own Danaher stock include Angela S Lalor, Daniel L Comas, Daniel Raskas, Donald J Ehrlich, James A Lico, Jonathan P Graham, Robert S Lutz, Thomas Patrick Joyce Jr, Thomas Patrick Joyce, Jr, Walter G Lohr, William K Daniel and William King.
Who sold Danaher stock? Who is selling Danaher stock?
Danaher's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Brown Advisory Inc., Ruane Cunniff & Goldfarb Inc., Ardevora Asset Management LLP, Capital Guardian Trust Co., NN Investment Partners Holdings N.V., Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc. and Gabelli Funds LLC. Company insiders that have sold Danaher stock in the last year include Angela S Lalor, Daniel L Comas, Donald J Ehrlich, James A Lico, Robert S Lutz, Thomas Patrick Joyce Jr, Walter G Lohr, William K Daniel and William King.
Who bought Danaher stock? Who is buying Danaher stock?
Danaher's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Fred Alger Management Inc., State Street Corp, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Investec Asset Management LTD, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Prudential PLC and Marshall Wace LLP.
How do I buy Danaher stock?
Shares of Danaher can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Danaher stock cost?
One share of Danaher stock can currently be purchased for approximately $85.55.