About Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
Callaway Golf Company designs, manufactures and sells golf clubs, golf balls, golf bags and other golf-related accessories. The Company has two segments: the golf clubs segment and golf balls segment. The golf clubs segment consists of its woods, hybrids, irons and wedges, and Odyssey putters. This segment also includes other golf-related accessories, royalties from licensing of its trademarks and service marks and sales of pre-owned golf clubs. The golf balls segment consists of Callaway Golf and Strata balls that are designed, manufactured and sold by the Company. It sells its products to retailers, directly and through its subsidiaries, and to third-party distributors. It sells pre-owned golf products through its Website, www.callawaygolfpreowned.com. In addition, it sells Callaway Golf and Odyssey products, including Toulon Design by Odyssey, directly to consumers through its Websites, www.callawaygolf.com and www.odysseygolf.com.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Cyclical Consumer Goods & Services
- Industry: Sporting & Outdoor Goods
- Sub-Industry: Leisure Products
- Symbol: NYSE:ELY
- CUSIP: 13119310
- Web: cmp.callawaygolf.com/
- Market Cap: $1.35801 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 94,371,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $14.12
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $12.94
- 52 Week Range: $9.77 - $14.75
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 7.95
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 28.22
- P/E Growth: 1.05
- Annual Revenue: $965.02 million
- Price / Sales: 1.41
- Book Value: $6.91 per share
- Price / Book: 2.08
- Annual Dividend: $0.04
- Dividend Yield: 0.3%
- EBITDA: $89.78 million
- Net Margins: 10.33%
- Return on Equity: 19.91%
- Return on Assets: 14.55%
- Current Ratio: 2.56%
- Quick Ratio: 1.65%
- Average Volume: 941,498 shs.
- Beta: 1.17
- Short Ratio: 2.25
Frequently Asked Questions for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
What is Callaway Golf Co's stock symbol?
Callaway Golf Co trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "ELY."
How often does Callaway Golf Co pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Callaway Golf Co?
Callaway Golf Co declared a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, August 1st. Shareholders of record on Tuesday, August 22nd will be given a dividend of $0.01 per share on Tuesday, September 12th. This represents a $0.04 annualized dividend and a yield of 0.28%. The ex-dividend date is Friday, August 18th. View Callaway Golf Co's Dividend History.
How were Callaway Golf Co's earnings last quarter?
Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported $0.34 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.29 by $0.05. The business had revenue of $304.50 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $295.70 million. Callaway Golf Co had a net margin of 10.33% and a return on equity of 19.91%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 24.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.36 earnings per share. View Callaway Golf Co's Earnings History.
When will Callaway Golf Co make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Callaway Golf Co issued on next quarter's earnings?
Callaway Golf Co issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company provided EPS guidance of $0.40-0.45 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $0.36. The company issued revenue guidance of $980-995 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $978.16 million.
Where is Callaway Golf Co's stock going? Where will Callaway Golf Co's stock price be in 2017?
12 equities research analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Callaway Golf Co's stock. Their forecasts range from $13.00 to $18.00. On average, they anticipate Callaway Golf Co's share price to reach $15.34 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Callaway Golf Co.
What are analysts saying about Callaway Golf Co stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Callaway Golf Co stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Callaway Golf Company is designs, develops, manufactures and markets high quality, innovative golf clubs. The Company's golf clubs are sold at premium prices to both average and skilled golfers on the basis of performance, ease of use and appearance. " (10/4/2017)
- 2. Imperial Capital analysts commented, "Golf Datatech recently released February U.S. retail market share data. While February is not a major month, Callaway did show strong share growth. In woods, ELY grew share 1590bp year-over-year (yoy) to 36.2%. In balls and irons ELY earned 14.6% and 25.8%, respectively, versus 12.0% and 22.5% yoy. Callaway lost share in the much smaller wedges and putters categories. We calculate significant growth in overall hard-goods share. Also positive, while golf retail sales were relatively flat yoy, per unit pricing grew in every category." (3/21/2017)
- 3. Pacific Crest analysts commented, "We are increasingly positive on ELY following recent channel checks as well as Golf Datatech data, which points to very strong sell-through of its Epic driver and fairway woods. We believe the impressive Epic performance is not fully reflected in the current share price and we would be buyers at current levels. To that end, we are increasing our 1Q17 revenue and earnings estimates and believe there is solid upside potential to current consensus numbers for 2017. As such, we would be buyers of shares at current levels and maintain our OW rating and $16 PT." (3/21/2017)
- 4. KeyCorp analysts commented, "We are increasingly positive on ELY following recent channel checks as well as Golf Datatech data, which points to very strong sell-through of its Epic driver and fairway woods. We believe the impressive Epic performance is not fully reflected in the current share price and we would be buyers at current levels. To that end, we are increasing our 1Q17 revenue and earnings estimates and believe there is solid upside potential to current consensus numbers for 2017. As such, we would be buyers of shares at current levels and maintain our OW rating and $16 PT." (3/21/2017)
- 5. FBR & Co analysts commented, "Callaway reported 4Q16 EPS of ($0.18) versus FBR/consensus of ($0.17), reflecting solid sales growth of +6.8% (versus FBR/consensus of +8.4%/+11.4%), GM leverage of +525 bps (versus FBR/consensus +750 bps/+700 bps), and operating expense leverage of +365 bps (versus FBR/consensus +150 bps/–30 bps). We would note that excluding the FX impact margins, EPS would have been in line with expectations. Management gave initial 2017 guidance of top line ($910M–$935M) and EPS of $0.21–$0.27 versus FBR/Street of $0.38/$0.34. However, management noted that EPS guidance constant currency is $0.31–$0.37, which is in line with consensus." (2/3/2017)
Who are some of Callaway Golf Co's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Callaway Golf Co include Polypore International (PPO), UBM Plc (UBM), SSP Group PLC (SSPG), GVC Holdings PLC (GVC), Howden Joinery Group Plc (HWDN), Ladbrokes Coral Group PLC (LCL), Daily Mail and General Trust P L C (DMGT), Meritor (MTOR), Redrow plc (RDW), WH Smith Plc (SMWH), Sports Direct International Plc (SPD), William Hill plc (WMH), Dixons Carphone PLC (DC), Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK), Ann (ANN), Cheesecake Factory (CAKE), Despegar Com (DESP) and Ryland Group (RYL).
Who are Callaway Golf Co's key executives?
Callaway Golf Co's management team includes the folowing people:
- Ronald S. Beard, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Oliver G. Brewer III, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Brian P. Lynch, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Alex Mitchell Boezeman, President, East Asia
- Richard H. Arnett, Senior Vice President - Global Marketing
- Alan Hocknell, Senior Vice President - Research and Development
- Mark F. Leposky, Senior Vice President - Global Operations
- Neil Howie, Managing Director - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Samuel H. Armacost, Independent Director
- John C. Cushman III, Independent Director
Who owns Callaway Golf Co stock?
Callaway Golf Co's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include
(5.15%), Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. (0.30%), Augustine Asset Management Inc. (0.11%) and Strs Ohio (0.07%). Company insiders that own Callaway Golf Co stock include Alan Hocknell, Alex Mitchell Boezeman, Anthony S Thornley, Brian P Lynch, Jennifer L Thomas, Mark F Leposky, Neil Howie, Oliver G Brewer III, Richard H Arnett and Stephen Kenwood. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Callaway Golf Co.
Who sold Callaway Golf Co stock? Who is selling Callaway Golf Co stock?
Callaway Golf Co's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. and Strs Ohio. Company insiders that have sold Callaway Golf Co stock in the last year include Alan Hocknell, Alex Mitchell Boezeman, Anthony S Thornley, Jennifer L Thomas, Mark F Leposky, Neil Howie, Oliver G Brewer III, Richard H Arnett and Stephen Kenwood. View Insider Buying and Selling for Callaway Golf Co.
Who bought Callaway Golf Co stock? Who is buying Callaway Golf Co stock?
How do I buy Callaway Golf Co stock?
Shares of Callaway Golf Co can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Callaway Golf Co's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE ELY)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Callaway Golf Co and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Callaway Golf Co stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.39.
Consensus Ratings for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Hold Ratings, 8 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.67)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$15.34 (6.61% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
Analysts' Ratings History for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/21/2017||KeyCorp||Set Price Target||Buy||$16.00||N/A|
|10/12/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$18.00||N/A|
|9/20/2017||DA Davidson||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$16.00||Low|
|8/24/2017||Imperial Capital||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$16.00||Medium|
|8/7/2017||Compass Point||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$13.60 -> $13.75||High|
|6/21/2017||FBR & Co||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$14.00 -> $16.00||Medium|
|6/14/2017||Cowen and Company||Initiated Coverage||Market Perform||$14.00||Low|
|4/17/2017||Morgan Stanley||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||Medium|
|3/21/2017||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Overweight -> Positive||$16.00||High|
|2/6/2017||Wunderlich||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$15.00 -> $13.00||N/A|
|9/17/2016||Roth Capital||Set Price Target||Buy||$13.00||N/A|
|6/6/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/13/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$10.00 -> $13.00||N/A|
|1/4/2016||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$13.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)Earnings History by Quarter for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE ELY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||$0.29||$0.34||$295.70 million||$304.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||$0.22||$0.30||$283.68 million||$309.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/2/2017||Q416||($0.17)||($0.18)||$170.87 million||$164.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||($0.12)||($0.06)||$177.39 million||$188.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/27/2016||Q216||$0.30||$0.36||$242.49 million||$245.60 million||View||Listen|
|4/27/2016||Q116||$0.38||$0.40||$280.86 million||$274.10 million||View||Listen|
|2/4/2016||Q415||($0.36)||($0.33)||$148.43 million||$153.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/21/2015||Q315||($0.08)||($0.04)||$169.74 million||$175.78 million||View||Listen|
|7/29/2015||Q2||$0.10||$0.15||$235.63 million||$231.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/23/2015||Q115||$0.28||$0.39||$303.18 million||$284.00 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2015||Q414||($0.56)||($0.54)||$138.90 million||$135.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/23/2014||Q314||($0.27)||($0.01)||$160.50 million||$169.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/24/2014||Q214||$0.06||$0.04||$246.51 million||$232.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/23/2014||Q114||$0.44||$0.61||$314.15 million||$351.87 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2014||Q413||($0.32)||($0.34)||$122.09 million||$127.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/24/2013||Q313||($0.28)||($0.18)||$152.63 million||$178.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/25/2013||Q2 2013||$0.11||$0.12||$253.20 million||$250.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/25/2013||Q1 2013||$0.21||$0.33||$283.36 million||$288.00 million||View||Listen|
|1/30/2013||Q4 2012||($0.50)||($0.49)||$124.08 million||$118.00 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.24
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.47
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/12/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||2.20% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
9.09% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
7.84% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE ELY)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 2.59%Insider Trades by Quarter for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 87.46%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/31/2017||Jennifer L Thomas||Insider||Sell||19,349||$13.90||$268,951.10|| |
|8/31/2017||Mark F Leposky||VP||Sell||31,691||$14.00||$443,674.00|| |
|8/30/2017||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||41,051||$13.75||$564,451.25|| |
|8/4/2017||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||57,138||$13.30||$759,935.40|| |
|8/4/2017||Oliver G Brewer III||Insider||Sell||131,884||$13.31||$1,755,376.04|| |
|5/11/2017||Neil Howie||Insider||Sell||37,069||$13.10||$485,603.90|| |
|5/8/2017||Anthony S Thornley||Director||Sell||10,698||$12.75||$136,399.50|| |
|5/8/2017||Richard H Arnett||SVP||Sell||30,204||$12.68||$382,986.72|| |
|5/5/2017||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||29,931||$13.30||$398,082.30|| |
|4/18/2017||Alex Mitchell Boezeman||Insider||Sell||200,820||$11.75||$2,359,635.00|| |
|4/17/2017||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||10,759||$11.60||$124,804.40|| |
|4/17/2017||Alex Mitchell Boezeman||Director||Sell||54,810||$11.75||$644,017.50|| |
|3/21/2017||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||100||$11.60||$1,160.00|| |
|3/21/2017||Neil Howie||Insider||Sell||70,089||$11.50||$806,023.50|| |
|2/5/2016||Brian P. Lynch||SVP||Sell||16,584||$9.52||$157,879.68|| |
|10/23/2015||Brian P. Lynch||SVP||Sell||90,046||$9.68||$871,645.28|| |
|4/28/2015||Bradley J Holiday||CFO||Sell||59,518||$10.05||$598,155.90|| |
|4/20/2015||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||70,950||$9.95||$705,952.50|| |
|3/23/2015||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||28,142||$9.25||$260,313.50|| |
|2/12/2015||Bradley J Holiday||CFO||Sell||58,046||$8.57||$497,454.22|| |
|7/21/2014||Alan Hocknell||SVP||Sell||4,169||$8.75||$36,478.75|| |
|10/28/2013||Bradley J Holiday||CFO||Sell||98,495||$8.95||$881,530.25|| |
|10/25/2013||Bradley J Holiday||CFO||Sell||41,051||$8.75||$359,196.25|| |
|8/6/2013||Alex Mitchell Boezeman||Director||Sell||5,000||$7.12||$35,600.00|| |
|2/25/2013||Mark F Leposky||VP||Buy||14,326||$7.01||$100,425.26|| |
|2/1/2013||Ronald S Beard||Director||Buy||5,000||$6.57||$32,850.00|| |
|10/31/2012||Oliver G Brewer III||CEO||Buy||20,000||$5.50||$110,000.00|| |
|8/30/2012||Mark F Leposky||VP||Buy||17,365||$5.75||$99,848.75|| |
Headline Trends for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
Latest Headlines for Callaway Golf Co (NYSE:ELY)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Callaway Golf Co (ELY) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017