About Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
Foresight Energy LP is engaged in the mining and marketing of coal from reserves and operations located in the Illinois Basin. As of December 31, 2016, the Company controlled 2.1 billion tons of coal in the state of Illinois. Its reserves consist principally of three contiguous blocks of uniform, thick, high heat content (high Btu) thermal coal, which are used for longwall operations. The Company operates four underground mining complexes in the Illinois Basin, including Williamson, Sugar Camp, Hillsboro and Macoupin. Its mining complexes operate in the Illinois Basin with approximately two located in Southern Illinois and over two located in Central Illinois. Williamson, Sugar Camp and Hillsboro are longwall operations, and Macoupin is a continuous miner operation. The Company markets and sells its coal to electric utility and industrial companies in the eastern half of the United States as well as internationally (primarily into Europe).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Coal
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:FELP
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.foresight.com
- Market Cap: $326 million
- Outstanding Shares: 142,389,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $4.18
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.68
- 52 Week Range: $3.53 - $8.33
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -16.19
- P/E Growth: -0.03
- Annual Revenue: $921.23 million
- Price / Sales: 0.65
- Book Value: $6.13 per share
- Price / Book: 0.69
- Annual Dividend: $0.26
- Dividend Yield: 6.2%
- EBITDA: $186.23 million
- Net Margins: -21.13%
- Return on Equity: -15.37%
- Return on Assets: -2.78%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.48%
- Current Ratio: 0.81%
- Quick Ratio: 0.53%
- Average Volume: 27,189 shs.
- Beta: 0.8
- Short Ratio: 6.69
Frequently Asked Questions for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
What is Foresight Energy LP's stock symbol?
Foresight Energy LP trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "FELP."
How often does Foresight Energy LP pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Foresight Energy LP?
Foresight Energy LP declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, August 11th. Investors of record on Monday, August 21st will be paid a dividend of $0.0647 per share on Thursday, August 31st. This represents a $0.26 annualized dividend and a yield of 6.15%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, August 17th. View Foresight Energy LP's Dividend History.
How were Foresight Energy LP's earnings last quarter?
Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP) issued its quarterly earnings data on Friday, August, 11th. The company reported ($0.01) earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.03) by $0.02. The firm earned $207.10 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $228.40 million. Foresight Energy LP had a negative net margin of 21.13% and a negative return on equity of 15.37%. The company's revenue for the quarter was down 8.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned ($0.11) EPS. View Foresight Energy LP's Earnings History.
When will Foresight Energy LP make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Foresight Energy LP's stock going? Where will Foresight Energy LP's stock price be in 2017?
2 analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Foresight Energy LP's shares. Their forecasts range from $5.00 to $5.50. On average, they expect Foresight Energy LP's stock price to reach $5.25 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Foresight Energy LP.
What are analysts saying about Foresight Energy LP stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Foresight Energy LP stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Foresight Energy Partners LP is a producer and marketer of thermal coal. It operates four underground mining complexes, all in the Illinois Basin region of the United States. The Company's mining complexes consist of: Williamson Energy, LLC, Sugar Camp Energy, LLC, Hillsboro Energy, LLC and Macoupin Energy, LLC. It markets and sells its coal to a diverse customer base including electric utility and industrial companies in the eastern United States, as well as the seaborne thermal coal market. Foresight Energy Partners LP is based in St. Louis, Missouri. " (9/22/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "On March 1, FELP announced a 4Q16 beat, with adjusted EBITDA (excluding insurance recoveries) of $78M, above consensus’ estimate of $73M. Against our estimates, the company beat on strong coal prices, up over $5.00/ton QOQ. FELP attributed its improved 4Q16 pricing to “a substantial rise in API 2 prices during the latter part of 2016.” Although the API 2 forward curve remains in backwardation, we expect significant export sales in 2017 while the current-month price remains elevated. The company reported 16.9M tons committed for delivery in 2017, of which 15.2M tons are priced. Versus our 2017 sales volumes expectation, of about 20M tons, roughly 75% of sales would be priced. FELP provided no other guidance for sales volumes (domestic or export), pricing, or costs anticipated for 2017. It has submitted a plan for reentry of the Hillsboro mine and will work with MSHA moving forward, noting that it did not “anticipate any production from Hillsboro in the foreseeable future.” Importantly, the partnership also announced its intention to extend maturities of a portion or all of its existing indebtedness (detailed below)." (3/3/2017)
Who are some of Foresight Energy LP's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Foresight Energy LP include CNX Coal Resources LP (CNXC), Cloud Peak Energy (CLD), Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP), Hallador Energy Company (HNRG), Hargreaves Services plc (HSP), Coal of Africa Limited (CZA), Westmoreland Coal Company (WLB), Ncondezi Energy Ltd (NCCL), Edenville Energy PLC (EDL), Altona Energy Plc (ANR), Beacon Hill Resources Plc. (BHR), Churchill Mining Plc (CHL) and New World Resources PLC (NWR).
Who are Foresight Energy LP's key executives?
Foresight Energy LP's management team includes the folowing people:
- Robert Dean Moore, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive of Foresight Energy GP LLC
- James T. Murphy, Vice President — Principal Financial Officer and Chief Accounting Officer al Partner of Foresight Energy LLC
- Robert Edward Murray, Director of Foresight Energy GP LLC
- Paul H. Vining, Director of Foresight Energy GP LLC
- G. Nicholas Nicholas Casey Jr., Independent Director of Foresight Energy GP LLC
- Daniel Hermann, Independent Director General Partner.
- Brian D. Sullivan, Non-Executive Independent Director of Foresight Energy GP LLC
How do I buy Foresight Energy LP stock?
Shares of Foresight Energy LP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Foresight Energy LP's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE FELP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Foresight Energy LP and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Foresight Energy LP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.21.
Earnings History for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)Earnings History by Quarter for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE FELP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/11/2017||Q2 2017||($0.03)||($0.01)||$228.40 million||$207.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/11/2017||Q1 2017||($0.01)||($0.12)||$225.10 million||$230.40 million||View||N/A|
|3/1/2017||Q416||($0.37)||$221.25 million||$252.92 million||View||N/A|
|11/9/2016||Q316||($0.11)||($0.06)||$218.45 million||$228.50 million||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q2||($0.06)||($0.21)||$201.10 million||$226.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/15/2016||Q415||$0.05||($0.55)||$235.50 million||$239.20 million||View||N/A|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$0.15||$0.06||$282.07 million||$253.10 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$0.17||($0.11)||$302.89 million||$251.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2015||Q115||$0.21||$0.21||$296.01 million||$238.90 million||View||N/A|
|2/6/2015||Q414||$0.29||$0.22||$312.03 million||$300.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||Q314||$0.27||$0.35||$294.00 million||$300.00 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2014||Q2||$0.12||$0.05||$272.47 million||$266.70 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.99 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.26 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
|Most Recent Dividend:||8/31/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-14.36% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
-26.26% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
-100.00% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE FELP)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 11.66%Insider Trades by Quarter for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|1/24/2017||Life Sciences Fund L Accipiter||Major Shareholder||Sell||13,949||$7.39||$103,083.11|| |
|12/15/2016||Christopher Cline||Director||Buy||48,727||$6.74||$328,419.98|| |
|11/14/2016||Life Sciences Fund L Accipiter||Major Shareholder||Sell||577,546||$7.14||$4,123,678.44|| |
|12/30/2015||Accipiter Capital Management,||Major Shareholder||Buy||97,169||$2.86||$277,903.34|| |
|12/29/2015||Accipiter Capital Management,||Major Shareholder||Buy||92,422||$2.89||$267,099.58|| |
|12/22/2015||Life Sciences Fund L Accipiter||Major Shareholder||Buy||24,494||$2.88||$70,542.72|| |
|12/17/2015||Life Sciences Fund L Accipiter||Major Shareholder||Buy||112,715||$2.74||$308,839.10|| |
|12/14/2015||Life Sciences Fund L Accipiter||Major Shareholder||Buy||147,057||$2.58||$379,407.06|| |
|12/9/2015||Accipiter Capital Management,||Major Shareholder||Buy||144,399||$2.49||$359,553.51|| |
|12/8/2015||Accipiter Capital Management,||Major Shareholder||Buy||137,875||$2.37||$326,763.75|| |
|12/7/2015||Accipiter Capital Management,||Major Shareholder||Buy||1,026,070||$2.61||$2,678,042.70|| |
|5/11/2015||Christopher N Moravec||EVP||Sell||1,000||$14.49||$14,490.00|| |
|4/16/2015||Christopher Cline||Director||Sell||64,307,087||$20.40||$1,311,864,574.80|| |
|2/10/2015||Daniel S Hermann||Director||Buy||10,000||$15.99||$159,900.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Christopher Cline||Director||Buy||125,000||$20.00||$2,500,000.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Christopher N Moravec||SVP||Buy||1,000||$20.00||$20,000.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Michael John Beyer||CEO||Buy||50,000||$20.00||$1,000,000.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Oscar Andres Martinez||CFO||Buy||6,000||$20.00||$120,000.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Rashda Miriam Buttar||VP||Buy||5,000||$20.00||$100,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
Latest Headlines for Foresight Energy LP (NYSE:FELP)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Foresight Energy LP (FELP) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017