About Alliance Resource Partners (NASDAQ:ARLP)
Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. produces and markets coal primarily to utilities and industrial users in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Illinois Basin and Appalachia. It produces a range of steam and metallurgical coal with sulfur and heat contents. The company operates eight underground mining complexes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, and West Virginia. It also leases land and operates a coal loading terminal on the Ohio River at Mt. Vernon, Indiana; and buys and resells coal, as well as owns equity interests in various oil and gas mineral interests and gas compression services located within producing basins in the continental United States. In addition, the company offers various industrial and mining technology products and services, such as miner and equipment tracking systems, and proximity detection systems. As of December 31, 2017, it had approximately 1.67 billion tons of proven and probable coal reserves in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Alliance Resource Management GP, LLC serves as the general partner of the company. The company was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. is a subsidiary of Alliance Holdings GP, L.P.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Bituminous coal & lignite - surface mining
Trailing P/E Ratio7.95
Forward P/E Ratio8.11
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.80 billion
Price / Sales1.45
Cash Flow$4.4235 per share
Price / Cash4.51
Book Value$8.81 per share
Price / Book2.26
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$2.87
Net Income$303.63 million
Return on Equity23.79%
Return on Assets12.66%
Alliance Resource Partners (NASDAQ:ARLP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Alliance Resource Partners' stock symbol?
Alliance Resource Partners trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ARLP."
How often does Alliance Resource Partners pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Alliance Resource Partners?
Alliance Resource Partners announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, April 30th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, May 8th will be given a dividend of $0.515 per share on Tuesday, May 15th. This represents a $2.06 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 10.33%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, May 7th. This is a positive change from Alliance Resource Partners's previous quarterly dividend of $0.51. View Alliance Resource Partners' Dividend History.
When did Alliance Resource Partners' stock split? How did Alliance Resource Partners' stock split work?
Alliance Resource Partners shares split before market open on Tuesday, June 17th 2014. The 2-1 split was announced on Monday, April 28th 2014. The newly created shares were payable to shareholders after the closing bell on Monday, June 16th 2014. An investor that had 100 shares of Alliance Resource Partners stock prior to the split would have 200 shares after the split.
How will Alliance Resource Partners' stock buyback program work?
Alliance Resource Partners announced that its board has initiated a share buyback plan on Thursday, May 31st 2018, which permits the company to repurchase $100,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization permits the company to reacquire up to 3.9% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock repurchase plans are generally an indication that the company's management believes its stock is undervalued.
How were Alliance Resource Partners' earnings last quarter?
Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ:ARLP) announced its earnings results on Monday, April, 30th. The energy company reported $1.16 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.56 by $0.60. The energy company earned $457.10 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $459.48 million. Alliance Resource Partners had a return on equity of 23.79% and a net margin of 19.79%. The company's revenue for the quarter was down .9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $1.10 EPS. View Alliance Resource Partners' Earnings History.
When is Alliance Resource Partners' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for ARLP?
5 brokers have issued 12-month target prices for Alliance Resource Partners' shares. Their predictions range from $20.00 to $30.00. On average, they expect Alliance Resource Partners' stock price to reach $24.80 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Alliance Resource Partners.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Alliance Resource Partners stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Alliance Resource Partners stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "ALLIANCE RESOURCES is a diversified producer and marketer of coal to major U.S. utilities and industrial users. They currently operate mining complexes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Maryland. Some of their mining complexes are underground and one has both surface and underground mines. They produce a diverse range of steam coals with varying sulfur and heat contents, which enable them to satisfy the broad range of specifications demanded by their customers. " (3/13/2018)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "ARLP reported a 3Q17 miss, with adjusted EBITDA of $142.2 million, versus consensus of $155.9M. The miss came from lower coal sales prompted by adverse geological conditions at the Hamilton Mine following a longwall move. Although, the quarter was impacted operationally from the isolated incident at Hamilton, when adjusting for the roof fall earnings would have been almost in line with consensus. Now that Hamilton is back to full capacity, management believes the company is still on target to hit all guidance figures for 2017. Looking forward to 2018, Alliance is currently ~70% contracted and is booked to sell 2.5M tons into the strong export market. If the partnership is able to maintain export thermal coal volumes at 5.4M tons in 2018, management might see the ability to raise production next year. Margins could also stay near 2017 levels as prices and costs per ton are both expected to decline by about 2%-5%. Importantly, in combination this suggests that EBITDA could potentially be higher in 2018 than in 2017, which would further bolster ARLP’s already solid distribution coverage of 1.8x." (10/31/2017)
Who are some of Alliance Resource Partners' key competitors?
Who are Alliance Resource Partners' key executives?
Alliance Resource Partners' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Joseph W. Craft III, Pres, CEO & Director of Alliance Resource Management GP, LLC (Age 67)
- Mr. Brian L. Cantrell, Sr. VP, CFO & Principal Accounting Officer of Alliance Resource Management GP, LLC (Age 58)
- Mr. Thomas M. Wynne, Sr. VP & COO of Alliance Resource Management GP, LLC (Age 61)
- Mr. R. Eberley Davis, Sr. VP, Gen. Counsel & Sec. of Alliance Resource Management GP, LLC (Age 60)
- Mr. Robert G. Sachse, Exec. VP OF Alliance Resource Management GP, LLC (Age 69)
Has Alliance Resource Partners been receiving favorable news coverage?
Headlines about ARLP stock have been trending somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research group identifies negative and positive news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Alliance Resource Partners earned a news sentiment score of 0.09 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media stories about the energy company an impact score of 46.51 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Alliance Resource Partners' major shareholders?
Alliance Resource Partners' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Principal Financial Group Inc. (1.18%), Principal Financial Group Inc. (1.18%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (1.12%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (1.12%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.66%) and Magnolia Group LLC (0.23%). Company insiders that own Alliance Resource Partners stock include John P Neafsey and Robert J Fouch. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Alliance Resource Partners.
Which institutional investors are selling Alliance Resource Partners stock?
ARLP stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Principal Financial Group Inc., Principal Financial Group Inc., Magnolia Group LLC, Rational Advisors LLC, PVG Asset Management Corp, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH and JPMorgan Chase & Co.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Alliance Resource Partners.
Which institutional investors are buying Alliance Resource Partners stock?
ARLP stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including UBS Group AG, Mountain Lake Investment Management LLC, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors LP, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors LP, Boston Family Office LLC, Intrinsic Edge Capital Management LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN and Foundry Partners LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Alliance Resource Partners.
How do I buy shares of Alliance Resource Partners?
Shares of ARLP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Alliance Resource Partners' stock price today?
One share of ARLP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $19.95.
How big of a company is Alliance Resource Partners?
Alliance Resource Partners has a market capitalization of $2.61 billion and generates $1.80 billion in revenue each year. The energy company earns $303.63 million in net income (profit) each year or $2.87 on an earnings per share basis. Alliance Resource Partners employs 3,321 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Alliance Resource Partners?
Alliance Resource Partners' mailing address is 1717 SOUTH BOULDER AVENUE, TULSA OK, 74119. The energy company can be reached via phone at 918-295-7600 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Alliance Resource Partners and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe ARLP will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe ARLP will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.