About Goldman Sachs BDC (NYSE:GSBD)
Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. is a closed-end management investment company. The Company is a specialty finance company, which is focused on lending to middle-market companies. The Company's investment objective is to generate current income and, to a lesser extent, capital appreciation primarily through direct originations of secured debt, including first lien, including first lien, unitranche, including last out portions of such loans, and second lien debt, and unsecured debt, including mezzanine debt, as well as through select equity investments. The Company invests primarily in the United States middle-market companies. The Company invests in illiquid securities, including debt and equity investments, of middle-market companies. As of December 31, 2016, its portfolio included first lien/senior secured debt, first lien/last-out unitranche, second lien/senior secured debt, unsecured debt, preferred stock, common stock, and investment funds and vehicles.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Investment offices, not elsewhere classified
Trailing P/E Ratio9.99
Forward P/E Ratio10.69
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$136.78 million
Price / Sales6.06
Cash Flow$1.1151 per share
Price / Cash18.50
Book Value$18.09 per share
Price / Book1.14
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$2.07
Net Income$49.54 million
Return on Equity11.09%
Return on Assets6.51%
Goldman Sachs BDC (NYSE:GSBD) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Goldman Sachs BDC's stock symbol?
Goldman Sachs BDC trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "GSBD."
How often does Goldman Sachs BDC pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Goldman Sachs BDC?
Goldman Sachs BDC announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, May 4th. Stockholders of record on Friday, June 29th will be given a dividend of $0.45 per share on Monday, July 16th. This represents a $1.80 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 8.73%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, June 28th. View Goldman Sachs BDC's Dividend History.
How were Goldman Sachs BDC's earnings last quarter?
Goldman Sachs BDC Inc (NYSE:GSBD) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 3rd. The financial services provider reported $0.47 earnings per share for the quarter, hitting the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.47. The financial services provider earned $35.54 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $36.19 million. Goldman Sachs BDC had a return on equity of 11.09% and a net margin of 38.13%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 10.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.40 EPS. View Goldman Sachs BDC's Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for GSBD?
6 analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for Goldman Sachs BDC's stock. Their forecasts range from $20.00 to $24.00. On average, they anticipate Goldman Sachs BDC's stock price to reach $22.75 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Goldman Sachs BDC.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Goldman Sachs BDC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Goldman Sachs BDC stock:
- 1. National Securities analysts commented, "• GSBD posted NII/share of $0.47 for 1Q18, a penny shy of our estimate but 2 cents above the quarterly dividend.
• Goldman is going to seek shareholder approval for the leverage increase at its stockholder meeting next month. If shareholders approve of the leverage increase, GSBD’s base fee would be cut to 100 bps from 150 bps immediately.
• The company is putting shareholders first and deserves to be commended for it. At peers increasing leverage without lowering base fees, the earnings impact, assuming similar ROE targets, is negligible. However, Goldman is doing the right thing and cutting base fees, which would permit shareholders to receive far more of a benefit from the increase in leverage.
• While the fee cut would be immediate, GSBD would likely still be under 1.00x D/E through at least 2019, making the benefit to shareholders immediate and not entirely reliant upon the company leveraging up.
• We expect the company to increase first lien and unitranche exposure and reduce second lien exposure as balance sheet leverage ramps. Even under the assumptions of relatively flat effective yields, the company stands to improve NII/share substantially given the base fee reduction and materially higher ROE.
• We are revising our 2018 NII/share estimate to $1.97 from $1.91 and our 2019 NII/share estimate to $2.16 from $1.95. We are upgrading shares to BUY from NEUTRAL and increasing our price target to $23 from $22 as a result of the shareholder friendly actions by Goldman and the likely significant increases in NII/share and ROE. " (5/7/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. is a specialty finance company. The Company invests primarily in telecommunication services, electronic equipment, instruments and components and real estate management and development industries. Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. is based in NEW YORK, United States. " (3/14/2018)
Who are some of Goldman Sachs BDC's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Goldman Sachs BDC include DNP Select Income Fund Inc. Common Stock (DNP), Nuveen Municipal Value Fund (NUV), Adams Diversified Equity Fund (ADX), Tri-Continental (TY), Gabelli Equity Trust (GAB), Royce Value Trust (RVT), Tortoise Energy Infrastructure (TYG), PIMCO Corporate&Income Opportunity Fund (PTY), Liberty All-Star Equity Fund (USA), Apollo Investment (AINV), Hercules Capital (HTGC), Boulder Growth & Income Fund Inc common stock (BIF), PIMCO High Income Fund (PHK), Alliance World Dollar Government Fund II (AWF) and General American Investors (GAM).
Who are Goldman Sachs BDC's key executives?
Goldman Sachs BDC's management team includes the folowing people:
- Jaime Ardila, Chairman of the Board (Age 61)
- Brendan Mcgovern, President, Chief Executive Officer (Age 46)
- Jonathan Lamm, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer (Age 42)
- Jon Yoder, Chief Operating Officer (Age 43)
- Salvatore Lentini, Executive Vice President (Age 44)
- Scott Turco, Executive Vice President (Age 39)
- David Yu, Executive Vice President, Head - Research (Age 35)
- Carmine Rossetti, Principal Accounting Officer (Age 38)
- Maya Teufel, Chief Compliance Officer (Age 44)
- Katherine Uniacke, Director (Age 56)
When did Goldman Sachs BDC IPO?
(GSBD) raised $123 million in an IPO on Wednesday, March 18th 2015. The company issued 6,000,000 shares at a price of $20.00-$21.00 per share. BofA Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Credit Suisse and Wells Fargo Securities served as the underwriters for the IPO and Raymond James and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey were co-managers.
Has Goldman Sachs BDC been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media coverage about GSBD stock has trended positive on Monday, according to Accern. The research firm identifies negative and positive news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Goldman Sachs BDC earned a news impact score of 0.34 on Accern's scale. They also gave news coverage about the financial services provider an impact score of 43.35 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are Goldman Sachs BDC's major shareholders?
Goldman Sachs BDC's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Muzinich & Co. Inc. (2.26%), UBS Group AG (1.81%), CNO Financial Group Inc. (1.02%), CIBC World Markets Inc. (1.01%), Guggenheim Capital LLC (0.87%) and Van ECK Associates Corp (0.62%). Company insiders that own Goldman Sachs BDC stock include Ann B Lane, Jaime Ardila and Ross Jay Kari. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Goldman Sachs BDC.
Which institutional investors are selling Goldman Sachs BDC stock?
GSBD stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Muzinich & Co. Inc., UBS Group AG, Guggenheim Capital LLC, BlackRock Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Private Advisor Group LLC, Stifel Financial Corp and Van ECK Associates Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Goldman Sachs BDC.
Which institutional investors are buying Goldman Sachs BDC stock?
GSBD stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including CNO Financial Group Inc., CIBC World Markets Inc., Citadel Advisors LLC, Atlantic Trust Group LLC, Legal & General Group Plc, Susquehanna Fundamental Investments LLC, Great West Life Assurance Co. Can and IHT Wealth Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Goldman Sachs BDC stock in the last two years include Ann B Lane, Jaime Ardila and Ross Jay Kari. View Insider Buying and Selling for Goldman Sachs BDC.
How do I buy shares of Goldman Sachs BDC?
Shares of GSBD can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Goldman Sachs BDC's stock price today?
One share of GSBD stock can currently be purchased for approximately $20.63.
How big of a company is Goldman Sachs BDC?
Goldman Sachs BDC has a market capitalization of $817.17 million and generates $136.78 million in revenue each year. The financial services provider earns $49.54 million in net income (profit) each year or $2.07 on an earnings per share basis.
How can I contact Goldman Sachs BDC?
Goldman Sachs BDC's mailing address is 200 West Street, New York NY, 10282. The financial services provider can be reached via phone at 1-212-902-0328.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Goldman Sachs BDC (GSBD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Goldman Sachs BDC and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe GSBD will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe GSBD will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.