Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is a provider of technology solutions. The Company's segments include: Enterprise Group, Software, Financial Services and Corporate Investments. The Enterprise Group segment provides its customers with the technology infrastructure they need to optimize traditional information technology (IT). The Software segment allows its customers to automate IT operations to simplify, accelerate and secure business processes and drives the analytics that turn raw data into actionable knowledge. The Financial Services segment enables flexible IT consumption models, financial architectures and customized investment solutions for its customers. The Corporate Investments segment includes Hewlett Packard Labs and certain business incubation projects, among others.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Computer Hardware - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:HPE
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.hpe.com
- Market Cap: $29.37 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,642,630,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $16.94
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $17.58
- 52 Week Range: $15.06 - $19.16
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 13.53
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.24
- P/E Growth: -2.03
- Annual Revenue: $48.08 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.61
- Book Value: $17.62 per share
- Price / Book: 1.01
- Annual Dividend: $0.26
- Dividend Yield: 1.4%
- EBIDTA: $7.31 billion
- Net Margins: 4.85%
- Return on Equity: 9.80%
- Return on Assets: 4.05%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.41%
- Current Ratio: 1.15%
- Quick Ratio: 1.04%
- Average Volume: 12.76 million shs.
- Beta: 2.75
- Short Ratio: 1.76
Frequently Asked Questions for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
What is Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's stock symbol?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "HPE."
How often does Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, July 20th. Shareholders of record on Wednesday, September 13th will be paid a dividend of $0.065 per share on Wednesday, October 4th. This represents a $0.26 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.45%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, September 12th. View Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's Dividend History.
How were Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's earnings last quarter?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE) issued its earnings results on Wednesday, May, 31st. The company reported $0.35 EPS for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.35. The company had revenue of $9.90 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $9.75 billion. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company had a return on equity of 9.80% and a net margin of 4.85%. The business's revenue was down 22.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the company posted $0.42 EPS. View Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's Earnings History.
When will Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company issued on next quarter's earnings?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, May, 31st. The company provided EPS guidance of $1.46-1.56 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $1.47. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company also updated its Q3 guidance to $0.24-0.28 EPS.
Where is Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's stock going? Where will Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's stock price be in 2017?
27 equities research analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's shares. Their predictions range from $17.00 to $29.00. On average, they anticipate Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's share price to reach $21.21 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company.
What are analysts saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock:
- 1. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Implementation of Infosight from NMBL for servers could raise margins, but we are skeptical. Margin analysis suggest that HPE server differentiation is currently weak. Consensus is likely embedding a weak rebound of server operating margins, which is likely realistic, in our view." (7/14/2017)
- 2. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "We attended HPE Discover, the company’s annual user and partner conference, in Las Vegas this week. Attendance was down this year at nearly 9,000 versus 10,000 attendees in the last two years. Refined focus ex-Services & Software has given management confidence on HPE’s ability to out-innovate larger competitors and capture opportunities like Hybrid IT , Edge Computing, and IoT . We generally view the focus as positive but remain Neutral-rated given secular and competitive pressures facing HPE’s core markets. IR SUMMIT: – F17 guidance. Although there was no change to F17 guidance, management did provide detail on back-end loaded EPS targets. Specifically, the company expects normal year-end seasonality and the previously announced $200-30M cost savings to provide 300-400 bps upside to EG margins by Q4. Around half of the cost savings will be aimed at transitory items (i.e., discretionary tightening) with the remainder focused on more permanent structural realignment (i.e., “right-sizing” recent acquisitions). – EG margins. Despite growth in higher-margin businesses (e.g., 3PAR, Aruba), overall EG margins have continued to decline. Management noted that half of the 300bps decline witnessed in FQ2 was due to DRAM-related pressure (20-25% of server BOM), which could abate with near-term customer pricing traction and medium-term component supply improvements." (6/7/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers technology solutions to business and public sector enterprises. The company reported lower-than-expected bottom-line results. Revenues also declined significantly on a year-over-year basis mainly due to reduced server unit sales, decline in software sales, competitive pricing, heightened commodities pricing pressure, unfavorable exchange rates, soft market condition and some execution issues. Nonetheless, we are encouraged by the company’s massive restructuring initiatives. On the one hand, it is offloading low margin business such as Software, which in our opinion will improvise the company’s margins over the long run. On the other hand, it is enhancing its capabilities in the hybrid IT model as evident from the company’s recent agreements to acquire SimpliVity and Cloud Cruiser. We believe that the company’s focus on hybrid IT model will drive growth in the long run." (6/5/2017)
- 4. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We are maintaining our BUY rating and $10.00 target price. We maintain our view that the risk/reward profile looks interesting at these levels." (4/4/2017)
- 5. Mizuho analysts commented, "HP Enterprise announced its acquisition of Nimble Storage for $12.50 per share (plus $200mm of unvested equity awards) today before market open representing a net cash purchase price of $1 billion. The deal is scheduled to close in April (subject to regulatory approvals) and HPE expects the acquisition to be accretive to EPS in the first full fiscal year following the close. Nimble, founded in 2007, offers all-flash and hybrid-flash storage products and has 10K customers and 1,300 employees." (3/7/2017)
Are investors shorting Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company saw a increase in short interest in the month of June. As of June 15th, there was short interest totalling 27,921,634 shares, an increase of 29.2% from the May 31st total of 21,613,730 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 16,994,823 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 1.6 days. Approximately 1.7% of the shares of the company are sold short.
Who are some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company include HP (HPQ), Seagate Technology PLC (STX), Logitech International S.A. (LOGI), Electronics for Imaging (EFII), Synaptics Incorporated (SYNA), Knowles Corporation (KN), ScanSource (SCSC), PC Connection (CNXN), Xaar plc (XAR), Quantum Corporation (QTM), Focusrite PLC (TUNE), RadiSys Corporation (RSYS), Key Tronic Corporation (KTCC), Digital River (DRIV), Domino Printing Sciences Plc (DNO), EMC (EMC), Fusion-IO (FIO) and Lexmark International (LXK).
Who are Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's key executives?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's management team includes the folowing people:
- Patricia F. Russo, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Antonio F. Neri, President
- Margaret C. Whitman, Chief Executive Officer
- Timothy C. Stonesifer, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Christopher P. Hsu, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- Henry C. Gomez, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing, Communications Officer
- John F. Schultz J.D., Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Michael G. Nefkens, Executive Vice President and General Manager - Enterprise Services
- Alan May, Executive Vice President - Human Resources
- Kirt P. Karros, Senior Vice President - Finance, Treasurer
Who owns Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Oldfield Partners LLP (0.35%), APG Asset Management N.V. (0.35%), DnB Asset Management AS (0.24%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.12%), National Pension Service (0.09%) and Chevy Chase Trust Holdings Inc. (0.09%). Company insiders that own Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock include Ann M Livermore, Antonio F Neri, Christopher P Hsu, Jeff T Ricci, John F Schultz, Kirt P Karros, Margaret C Whitman, Michael G Nefkens, Michael J Angelakis, Robert Youngjohns and Timothy C Stonesifer. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company.
Who sold Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock? Who is selling Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including APG Asset Management N.V., First Quadrant L P CA, Oldfield Partners LLP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Meeder Asset Management Inc., Exxonmobil Investment Management Inc. TX, Parkwood LLC and US Bancorp DE. Company insiders that have sold Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock in the last year include Ann M Livermore, Antonio F Neri, Christopher P Hsu, Jeff T Ricci, John F Schultz, Kirt P Karros, Margaret C Whitman, Michael G Nefkens, Robert Youngjohns and Timothy C Stonesifer. View Insider Buying and Selling for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company.
Who bought Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock? Who is buying Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including DnB Asset Management AS, Mn Services Vermogensbeheer B.V., Arvest Bank Trust Division, National Pension Service, Aperio Group LLC, NN Investment Partners Holdings N.V., Bank of Montreal Can and Regentatlantic Capital LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company.
How do I buy Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock?
Shares of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE HPE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $17.88.
Consensus Ratings for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 14 Hold Ratings, 12 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.41)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$21.21 (18.65% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
(Data available from 7/25/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/22/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$22.00||Low|
|7/14/2017||Maxim Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold -> Hold||$18.00||Low|
|7/12/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$20.00||Low|
|7/4/2017||CIBC||Lower Price Target||Buy||$27.00 -> $21.00||Medium|
|6/7/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$19.00||Low|
|6/5/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$21.00||Low|
|6/3/2017||Berenberg Bank||Set Price Target||Hold||$17.00||Low|
|6/3/2017||Sanford C. Bernstein||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||Low|
|6/3/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||Low|
|6/1/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$20.00 -> $17.00||Low|
|6/1/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$17.00 -> $18.00||Low|
|6/1/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Underweight||$18.00 -> $17.00||Low|
|5/26/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$20.00||N/A|
|4/17/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Set Price Target||Buy||$21.00||Low|
|4/17/2017||Tigress Financial||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||Low|
|3/29/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$24.00||Low|
|3/8/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||Low|
|2/28/2017||Argus||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|2/27/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$25.00||N/A|
|2/24/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|1/18/2017||FBN Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|10/19/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|7/25/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$20.00 -> $25.00||N/A|
|6/8/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|6/8/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$18.00 -> $19.00||N/A|
|5/26/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|5/25/2016||Cross Research||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|3/4/2016||Canaccord Genuity||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||$16.00 -> $19.00||N/A|
|11/27/2015||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||N/A|
|11/2/2015||Monness Crespi & Hardt||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||N/A|
|10/26/2015||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||N/A|
Earnings History for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)Earnings History by Quarter for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE HPE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/31/2017||Q2||$0.35||$0.35||$9.75 billion||$9.90 billion||View||N/A|
|2/23/2017||Q117||$0.44||$0.45||$12.09 billion||$11.41 billion||View||N/A|
|11/22/2016||Q416||$0.61||$0.61||$12.85 billion||$12.50 billion||View||N/A|
|9/7/2016||Q316||$0.45||$0.49||$12.64 billion||$12.20 billion||View||N/A|
|5/24/2016||Q216||$0.42||$0.42||$12.35 billion||$12.70 billion||View||Listen|
|3/3/2016||Q116||$0.40||$0.41||$12.68 billion||$12.70 billion||View||N/A|
|11/24/2015||Q415||$0.52||$0.93||$13.42 billion||$13.45 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.43
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.33
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||20.16% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
18.18% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
19.26% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE HPE)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.87%Insider Trades by Quarter for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 80.88%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|7/20/2017||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||15,333||$17.67||$270,934.11|| |
|7/19/2017||Margaret C Whitman||CEO||Sell||389,651||$17.47||$6,807,202.97|| |
|7/12/2017||Margaret C Whitman||CEO||Sell||194,844||$16.73||$3,259,740.12|| |
|6/22/2017||Margaret C Whitman||CEO||Sell||62,652||$16.71||$1,046,914.92|| |
|6/21/2017||Margaret C Whitman||CEO||Sell||132,192||$16.71||$2,208,928.32|| |
|5/31/2017||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||11,515||$18.80||$216,482.00|| |
|5/25/2017||Jeff T Ricci||SVP||Sell||6,460||$18.99||$122,675.40|| |
|5/15/2017||Kirt P. Karros||SVP||Sell||20,344||$18.90||$384,501.60|| |
|4/24/2017||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||72,935||$18.28||$1,333,251.80|| |
|4/24/2017||Jeff T Ricci||SVP||Sell||31,695||$18.23||$577,799.85|| |
|4/7/2017||John F Schultz||EVP||Sell||39,608||$18.23||$722,053.84|| |
|3/31/2017||John F. Schultz||EVP||Sell||17,176||$24.00||$412,224.00|| |
|3/29/2017||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||31,421||$23.50||$738,393.50|| |
|3/13/2017||Michael G Nefkens||EVP||Sell||257,965||$22.33||$5,760,358.45|| |
|3/10/2017||Michael G Nefkens||EVP||Sell||831,311||$22.41||$18,629,679.51|| |
|3/8/2017||Michael G. Nefkens||EVP||Sell||322,733||$22.64||$7,306,675.12|| |
|12/19/2016||Jeff T. Ricci||SVP||Sell||4,999||$23.46||$117,276.54|| |
|12/15/2016||Jeff T Ricci||SVP||Sell||20,847||$23.78||$495,741.66|| |
|12/14/2016||Antonio F Neri||EVP||Sell||151,222||$23.74||$3,590,010.28|| |
|12/13/2016||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||6,297||$23.75||$149,553.75|| |
|12/13/2016||Kirt P. Karros||SVP||Sell||3,191||$23.75||$75,786.25|| |
|12/9/2016||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||27,564||$24.56||$676,971.84|| |
|12/7/2016||Antonio F Neri||EVP||Sell||33,405||$23.87||$797,377.35|| |
|12/5/2016||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||64,760||$24.00||$1,554,240.00|| |
|11/22/2016||Christopher P Hsu||EVP||Sell||4,780||$23.12||$110,513.60|| |
|11/21/2016||John F Schultz||EVP||Sell||12,555||$23.46||$294,540.30|| |
|11/7/2016||Antonio F Neri||EVP||Sell||107,934||$23.00||$2,482,482.00|| |
|11/7/2016||Jeff T Ricci||SVP||Sell||43,137||$22.44||$967,994.28|| |
|11/2/2016||Robert Youngjohns||EVP||Sell||179,890||$22.01||$3,959,378.90|| |
|10/7/2016||Antonio F Neri||EVP||Sell||11,781||$22.68||$267,193.08|| |
|9/26/2016||John F. Schultz||EVP||Sell||316,164||$22.84||$7,221,185.76|| |
|9/21/2016||Ann M. Livermore||Director||Sell||44,000||$22.65||$996,600.00|| |
|9/21/2016||Antonio F Neri||EVP||Sell||213,399||$23.00||$4,908,177.00|| |
|9/16/2016||Christopher P Hsu||COO||Sell||31,193||$22.01||$686,557.93|| |
|9/16/2016||Timothy C Stonesifer||CFO||Sell||101,610||$22.01||$2,236,436.10|| |
|9/15/2016||Michael G. Nefkens||EVP||Sell||107,500||$22.00||$2,365,000.00|| |
|7/19/2016||Robert Youngjohns||EVP||Sell||8,622||$19.69||$169,767.18|| |
|6/20/2016||Jeff T Ricci||SVP||Sell||5,830||$19.23||$112,110.90|| |
|6/6/2016||Robert Youngjohns||EVP||Sell||34,711||$18.46||$640,765.06|| |
|5/27/2016||Robert Youngjohns||EVP||Sell||223,381||$17.94||$4,007,455.14|| |
|5/26/2016||Kirt P. Karros||SVP||Sell||15,280||$17.41||$266,024.80|| |
|11/30/2015||Michael J. Angelakis||Director||Buy||34,000||$14.76||$501,840.00|| |
Headline Trends for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
Latest Headlines for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE) Chart for Tuesday, July, 25, 2017