About Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
Las Vegas Sands Corp. is a developer of destination properties (integrated resorts) that feature accommodations, gaming, entertainment and retail, convention and exhibition facilities, celebrity chef restaurants and other amenities. The Company owns and operates integrated resorts in Asia and the United States. The Company's principal operating and developmental activities occur in three geographic areas: Macao, Singapore and the United States. In Macao, the Company's segments include The Venetian Macao; Sands Cotai Central; The Parisian Macao; Four Seasons Macao; Sands Macao, and Other Asia (comprises the Company's ferry operations and various other operations). In Singapore, the Company's segments include Marina Bay Sands. In the United States, the Company's segments include Las Vegas Operating Properties and Sands Bethlehem. The Company also offers players club loyalty programs at its properties, which provides access to rewards, privileges and members-only events.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Casinos
- Sub-Industry: Casinos & Gaming
- Symbol: NYSE:LVS
- CUSIP: 51783410
- Web: www.lasvegassands.com
- Market Cap: $49.60804 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 792,000,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $63.50
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $61.27
- 52 Week Range: $51.35 - $66.22
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 24.39
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 22.47
- P/E Growth: 8.07
- Annual Revenue: $12.29 billion
- Price / Sales: 4.04
- Book Value: $7.48 per share
- Price / Book: 8.38
- Annual Dividend: $2.92
- Dividend Yield: 4.7%
- EBITDA: $4.37 billion
- Net Margins: 16.66%
- Return on Equity: 29.91%
- Return on Assets: 10.65%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.47%
- Current Ratio: 1.21%
- Quick Ratio: 1.19%
- Average Volume: 2.66 million shs.
- Beta: 1.76
- Short Ratio: 2.77
Frequently Asked Questions for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
What is Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s stock symbol?
Las Vegas Sands Corp. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "LVS."
How often does Las Vegas Sands Corp. pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Las Vegas Sands Corp.?
Las Vegas Sands Corp. announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, July 27th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, September 21st will be given a dividend of $0.73 per share on Friday, September 29th. This represents a $2.92 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 4.66%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, September 20th. View Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s Dividend History.
How were Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s earnings last quarter?
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS) issued its earnings results on Wednesday, July, 26th. The company reported $0.73 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.59 by $0.14. The firm earned $3.14 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.01 billion. Las Vegas Sands Corp. had a net margin of 16.66% and a return on equity of 29.91%. The business's revenue was up 18.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $0.52 EPS. View Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s Earnings History.
When will Las Vegas Sands Corp. make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s stock going? Where will Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s stock price be in 2017?
15 equities research analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s shares. Their predictions range from $54.00 to $72.00. On average, they expect Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s stock price to reach $64.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Las Vegas Sands Corp..
What are analysts saying about Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Las Vegas Sands’ efforts to boost tourism and traffic in Macao are yielding results, and the company’s portfolio therein is experiencing strong visitation of late. Focus on diversification and growth in the mass and non-gaming market also bode well and should aid margins. Going forward, the company is positive on its Cotai Strip portfolio of properties, buoyed by the addition of The Parisian Macao. High occupancy rates in the Las Vegas properties are also likely to continue driving growth. However, its shares have underperformed the industry in the past six months. Even so, upward estimate revisions raise optimism. Also, the company has mostly positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. Going forward, the stock is likely to continue benefiting from improving gaming trends in Macao and solid Las Vegas business, Yet, another corruption crackdown might affect Macao’s recovery and, in turn, hamper performance." (10/16/2017)
- 2. Aegis analysts commented, "We are tempering our CY17 Macau forecast to $2.34b from $2.42b and consensus of $2.48b. Our downward Macau revisions assume 1) the Macau recovery remains VIP and premium mass driven versus LVS' core mid-tier mass weighting; 2) LVS will likely look to maintain its peer-high mass market share this year, sacrificing some margin to do so and; 3) Galaxy Macau has made at least some gains in mid-tier mass of late and Wynn Palace has made gains in the premium mass segment (small potential QoQ market share erosion). Notably, LVS could emerge as an even stronger return of capital story later this year. Should a sale of its Sands Bethlehem Casino and partial sale of its Singapore Mall come to fruition, we believe the dividend story could become more evenly balanced with share repurchases. While our estimate tweaks are to the downside, we continue to view LVS as a core, long-term gaming holding and maintain our Buy rating." (3/22/2017)
- 3. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We are raising our 2017-2018 Macau property estimates by ~6% based on trends we have witnessed over the last six months and off our continued belief Macau fundamentals should continue to improve. In addition, we are slightly raising our out year margin assumptions based on a higher contribution from the mass side of the gaming business coupled with a higher degree of non-gaming spend in the market. Recall, we were just in Macau about a month ago and these estimate changes were something we wanted to make post our trip. However, given the noise around the UnionPay changes, we wanted to let the market settle and analyze if there would be any material negative impact. At this point, we don't believe there will be. Given the recent pullback in LVS and the other Macau operators, we still believe these are great names to own throughout 2017. Our target price goes to $66 (+$1), which is based on our revised 2018 sum-of-the-parts (SOTP) analysis." (1/17/2017)
Who are some of Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Las Vegas Sands Corp. include Charter Communications (CHTR), Nike (NKE), Netflix (NFLX), Time Warner (TWX), Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA), Twenty-First Century Fox (FOX), Carnival Corporation (CUK), Carnival Corporation (CCL), Sony Corp Ord (SNE), Activision Blizzard (ATVI), Nintendo (NTDOY), Nintendo Co., Ltd (NTDOY), Adidas AG (ADDYY), Marriott International (MAR), Sands China (SCHYY), Electronic Arts (EA), Panasonic (PCRFY) and Rogers Communication (RCI).
Who are Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s key executives?
Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s management team includes the folowing people:
- Robert Glen Goldstein, President, Chief Operating Officer, Director
- Sheldon Gary Adelson, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Treasurer
- Patrick Dumont, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, Director
- Lawrence A. Jacobs, Executive Vice President and Global General Counsel and Secretary
- George Tanasijevich, Managing Director - Global Development, President and Chief Executive Officer of Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd
- Irwin Chafetz, Director
- Charles Daniel Forman, Director
- Micheline Chau, Independent Director
- Steven L. Gerard, Independent Director
- George Jamieson, Independent Director
Who owns Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock?
Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include APG Asset Management N.V. (0.19%), Penn Davis Mcfarland Inc. (0.02%), Shell Asset Management Co. (0.01%), Narwhal Capital Management (0.00%), Wealth Enhancement Advisory Services LLC (0.00%) and Oakbrook Investments LLC (0.00%). Company insiders that own Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock include George Tanasijevich, Ira H Raphaelson, Robert G Goldstein and Steven L Gerard. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Las Vegas Sands Corp..
Who sold Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock? Who is selling Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock?
Who bought Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock? Who is buying Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock?
Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Shell Asset Management Co., Wealth Enhancement Advisory Services LLC, Narwhal Capital Management and Oakbrook Investments LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Las Vegas Sands Corp..
How do I buy Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock?
Shares of Las Vegas Sands Corp. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Las Vegas Sands Corp.'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE LVS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Las Vegas Sands Corp. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Las Vegas Sands Corp. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $62.69.
Consensus Ratings for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||7 Hold Ratings, 8 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.53)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$64.00 (2.09% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
Analysts' Ratings History for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/3/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|7/27/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$52.00 -> $54.00||Medium|
|7/27/2017||Telsey Advisory Group||Boost Price Target||Market Perform||$64.00 -> $66.00||Medium|
|7/21/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$65.00 -> $67.00||Low|
|7/10/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$58.00 -> $62.00||Low|
|7/4/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||Low|
|5/12/2017||Barclays PLC||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$55.00 -> $68.00||Medium|
|4/28/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$69.00||Low|
|4/23/2017||Aegis||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$59.00 -> $60.00||Low|
|3/28/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|3/28/2017||Wolfe Research||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||Low|
|1/19/2017||Sanford C. Bernstein||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||N/A|
|11/30/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|9/14/2016||Argus||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$56.54 -> $67.00||N/A|
|8/11/2016||Buckingham Research||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$55.00||N/A|
|7/17/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|4/25/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$55.00||N/A|
|3/17/2016||Standpoint Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|2/20/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
Earnings History for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)Earnings History by Quarter for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE LVS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/26/2017||Q2 2017||$0.59||$0.73||$3.01 billion||$3.14 billion||View||N/A|
|4/26/2017||Q1 17||$0.62||$0.66||$3.11 billion||$3.11 billion||View||N/A|
|1/25/2017||Q416||$0.65||$0.62||$3.11 billion||$3.08 billion||View||N/A|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$0.60||$0.72||$2.80 billion||$2.97 billion||View||N/A|
|7/25/2016||Q216||$0.56||$0.52||$2.76 billion||$2.65 billion||View||Listen|
|4/20/2016||Q116||$0.62||$0.45||$2.87 billion||$2.72 billion||View||Listen|
|1/27/2016||Q415||$0.65||$0.62||$2.95 billion||$2.86 billion||View||Listen|
|10/21/2015||Q315||$0.64||$0.66||$2.98 billion||$2.89 billion||View||Listen|
|7/22/2015||Q215||$0.61||$0.60||$3.00 billion||$2.92 billion||View||Listen|
|4/22/2015||Q115||$0.74||$0.66||$3.31 billion||$3.01 billion||View||N/A|
|1/28/2015||Q414||$0.81||$0.92||$3.54 billion||$3.42 billion||View||N/A|
|10/15/2014||Q314||$0.84||$0.84||$3.73 billion||$2.33 billion||View||Listen|
|7/16/2014||Q214||$0.89||$0.85||$3.84 billion||$3.62 billion||View||Listen|
|4/24/2014||Q114||$0.93||$0.97||$3.88 billion||$4.01 billion||View||Listen|
|1/29/2014||Q413||$0.85||$0.87||$3.71 billion||$3.66 billion||View||Listen|
|10/17/2013||Q313||$0.74||$0.82||$3.47 billion||$3.57 billion||View||N/A|
|7/24/2013||Q2 2013||$0.68||$0.72||$3.30 billion||$3.24 billion||View||N/A|
|5/1/2013||Q1 2013||$0.67||$0.72||$3.27 billion||$3.30 billion||View||N/A|
|1/30/2013||Q4 2012||$0.59||$0.54||$3.01 billion||$3.08 billion||View||N/A|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$0.61||$0.46||$2.88 billion||$2.70 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.72 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.79 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/29/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||27.20% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||113.18% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
107.35% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
104.66% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||4 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE LVS)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 10.10%Insider Trades by Quarter for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 37.97%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/28/2016||Robert G Goldstein||COO||Sell||169,111||$62.84||$10,626,935.24|| |
|1/4/2016||Robert G Goldstein||COO||Sell||97,943||$42.25||$4,138,091.75|| |
|12/31/2015||George Tanasijevich||CEO||Sell||6,341||$43.77||$277,545.57|| |
|11/2/2015||Ira H. Raphaelson||EVP||Sell||8,768||$49.76||$436,295.68|| |
|10/28/2015||Steven L Gerard||Director||Buy||1,000||$47.95||$47,950.00|| |
|9/18/2015||Michael A Leven||Director||Sell||21,000||$46.06||$967,260.00|| |
|3/25/2015||Michael A Leven||Director||Sell||18,000||$55.32||$995,760.00|| |
|3/19/2015||Robert G Goldstein||COO||Sell||100,000||$55.00||$5,500,000.00|| |
|2/17/2015||Robert G Goldstein||COO||Sell||100,000||$60.65||$6,065,000.00|| |
|11/3/2014||Ira H Raphaelson||EVP||Sell||8,815||$62.35||$549,615.25|| |
|6/27/2014||John Caparella||COO||Sell||22,840||$76.24||$1,741,321.60|| |
|5/6/2014||George Koo||Director||Sell||7,696||$79.46||$611,524.16|| |
|5/6/2014||John Caparella||COO||Sell||3,980||$79.40||$316,012.00|| |
|2/20/2014||Robert Goldstein||EVP||Sell||150,000||$80.81||$12,121,500.00|| |
|1/24/2014||Michael Leven||COO||Sell||88,866||$75.39||$6,699,607.74|| |
|1/10/2014||Michael Leven||COO||Sell||86,495||$80.20||$6,936,899.00|| |
|12/31/2013||Robert Goldstein||EVP||Sell||96,535||$78.68||$7,595,373.80|| |
|12/30/2013||George Tanasijevich||CEO||Sell||47,070||$78.70||$3,704,409.00|| |
|12/27/2013||Michael Leven||COO||Sell||185,000||$78.51||$14,524,350.00|| |
|9/26/2013||Robert Goldstein||EVP||Sell||53,732||$66.27||$3,560,819.64|| |
|9/18/2013||Robert Goldstein||EVP||Sell||45,000||$64.58||$2,906,100.00|| |
|9/17/2013||Jeffrey Schwartz||Director||Sell||32,540||$63.87||$2,078,329.80|| |
|9/11/2013||Robert Goldstein||EVP||Sell||81,268||$63.67||$5,174,333.56|| |
|8/30/2013||Irwin Siegel||Director||Sell||6,250||$56.07||$350,437.50|| |
|7/1/2013||George Tanasijevich||CEO||Sell||7,080||$53.50||$378,780.00|| |
|6/27/2013||Kenneth J Kay||CFO||Sell||147,000||$52.28||$7,685,160.00|| |
|5/8/2013||John Caparella||COO||Sell||8,631||$56.83||$490,499.73|| |
|12/27/2012||Robert G Goldstein||EVP||Sell||145,865||$45.06||$6,572,676.90|| |
Headline Trends for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
Latest Headlines for Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017