About LyondellBasell Industries (NYSE:LYB)
LyondellBasell Industries N.V. is a chemical company. The Company operates in five segments: Olefins and Polyolefins-Americas (O&P-Americas), Olefins and Polyolefins-Europe, Asia, International (O&P-EAI), Intermediates and Derivatives (I&D), Refining and Technology. The O&P-Americas segment produces and markets olefins and co-products, polyethylene and polypropylene. The O&P-EAI segment produces and markets olefins and co-products, polyethylene and polypropylene. The I&D segment produces and markets propylene oxide (PO) and its derivatives, oxyfuels and related products, and intermediate chemicals, such as styrene monomer (SM), acetyls and ethylene oxides. The primary product of the Refining segment is refined products made from sulfur crude oil and other crude oils of various types and sources available on the United States Gulf Coast. The Technology segment develops and licenses chemical and polyolefin process technologies and manufactures and sells polyolefin catalysts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Industrial organic chemicals
Trailing P/E Ratio11.27
Forward P/E Ratio10.27
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$34.48 billion
Price / Sales1.31
Cash Flow$13.3627 per share
Price / Cash8.63
Book Value$22.69 per share
Price / Book5.08
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$10.23
Net Income$4.88 billion
Return on Equity53.55%
Return on Assets17.18%
LyondellBasell Industries (NYSE:LYB) Frequently Asked Questions
What is LyondellBasell Industries' stock symbol?
LyondellBasell Industries trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "LYB."
How often does LyondellBasell Industries pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for LyondellBasell Industries?
LyondellBasell Industries declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, June 1st. Stockholders of record on Monday, June 11th will be paid a dividend of $1.00 per share on Monday, June 18th. This represents a $4.00 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 3.47%. The ex-dividend date is Friday, June 8th. This is an increase from LyondellBasell Industries's previous quarterly dividend of $0.78. View LyondellBasell Industries' Dividend History.
How will LyondellBasell Industries' stock buyback program work?
LyondellBasell Industries announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a stock repurchase plan on Sunday, June 4th 2017, which allows the company to buyback 1,000% of shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization allows the company to buy shares of its stock through open market purchases. Shares buyback plans are typically a sign that the company's board believes its shares are undervalued.
How were LyondellBasell Industries' earnings last quarter?
LyondellBasell Industries NV (NYSE:LYB) announced its quarterly earnings results on Friday, April, 27th. The specialty chemicals company reported $3.11 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $2.80 by $0.31. The specialty chemicals company had revenue of $9.77 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $9.43 billion. LyondellBasell Industries had a return on equity of 53.55% and a net margin of 14.83%. LyondellBasell Industries's quarterly revenue was up 15.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $1.98 earnings per share. View LyondellBasell Industries' Earnings History.
When is LyondellBasell Industries' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for LYB?
16 brokers have issued 1-year price targets for LyondellBasell Industries' shares. Their predictions range from $94.00 to $140.00. On average, they anticipate LyondellBasell Industries' stock price to reach $116.5679 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for LyondellBasell Industries.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about LyondellBasell Industries stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about LyondellBasell Industries stock:
- 1. med analysts commented, "We expect the bulk of this EBITDA to return in 2018, highlighting the conservative nature of consensus expectations. Layering on the reversal of lost EBITDA of USD560m to 2017 EBITDA of USD7,134m, while factoring in the guided-to 2018 impact of planned turnarounds of USD100m, suggests 2018 EBITDA of USD7,594m, versus current consensus of USD6,883m. To further highlight the pessimism associated with the consensus estimates, annualizing seasonally weak Q1’18 EBITDA and EPS gets us to USD7,652m and USD12.44, respectively, versus current consensus 2018 expectations of USD6,883m and USD10.83." (5/7/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "LyondellBasell saw its profits jump year over year in first-quarter 2018. Earnings for the quarter topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Sales rose by double-digits year over year and surpassed expectations. The company expects to benefit from high operating rates in the second quarter. LyondellBasell has outperformed the industry it belongs to over a year. LyondellBasell's HDPE project should boost capacity and add to its earnings. The proposed buyout of A. Schulman will also create significant cost synergies. LyondellBasell also remains committed to deliver greater value to its shareholders leveraging healthy cash flows. However, LyondellBasell’s operations remain subject to maintenance outages which is affecting its results. The company is also exposed to raw material cost inflation. Its U.S. olefin margins also remain under pressure." (5/1/2018)
Who are some of LyondellBasell Industries' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to LyondellBasell Industries include Westlake Chemical (WLK), Braskem (BAK), International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF), Methanex (MEOH), NewMarket (NEU), Sensient Technologies (SXT), Green Plains (GPRE), Codexis (CDXS), Westlake Chemical Partners (WLKP), Renewable Energy Group (REGI), FutureFuel (FF), Green Plains Partners (GPP), REX American Resources (REX), Amyris (AMRS) and Sino United Worldwide Consolidated (SUIC).
Who are LyondellBasell Industries' key executives?
LyondellBasell Industries' management team includes the folowing people:
- Robert G. Gwin, Independent Chairman of the Supervisory Board (Age 54)
- Bhavesh V. Patel, Chairman of the Management Board, Chief Executive Officer (Age 50)
- Thomas Aebischer, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, Member of the Management Board (Age 55)
- Darleen Caron, Chief Human Resource Officer, Executive Vice President
- Daniel M. Coombs, Executive Vice President - Global Manufacturing, Projects, Refining and Technology, Member of the Management Board (Age 60)
- Jeffrey A. Kaplan, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Member of the Management Board (Age 48)
- James D. Guilfoyle, Senior Vice President - Global Intermediates & Derivatives and Global Supply Chain, Member of the Management Board (Age 46)
- Paul Augustowski, Senior Vice President - Olefins & Polyolefins, Americas
- Massimo Covezzi, Senior Vice President - Research and Development (Age 59)
- Jean Gadbois, Senior Vice President - Europe, Asia & International Manufacturing
Has LyondellBasell Industries been receiving favorable news coverage?
News coverage about LYB stock has been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research group rates the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. LyondellBasell Industries earned a daily sentiment score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also gave media stories about the specialty chemicals company an impact score of 45.77 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are LyondellBasell Industries' major shareholders?
LyondellBasell Industries' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (5.77%), American International Group Inc. (1.29%), Northern Trust Corp (1.26%), LSV Asset Management (0.84%), PointState Capital LP (0.67%) and Wells Fargo & Company MN (0.62%). Company insiders that own LyondellBasell Industries stock include Ai New Holdings 2 Llc, Jacquelyn H Wolf and Jagjeet S Bindra. View Institutional Ownership Trends for LyondellBasell Industries.
Which major investors are selling LyondellBasell Industries stock?
LYB stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Thornburg Investment Management Inc., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Amundi Pioneer Asset Management Inc., Victory Capital Management Inc., Franklin Resources Inc., Envestnet Asset Management Inc. and Swiss National Bank. View Insider Buying and Selling for LyondellBasell Industries.
Which major investors are buying LyondellBasell Industries stock?
LYB stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., PointState Capital LP, Capital Growth Management LP, Toronto Dominion Bank, American Century Companies Inc., Summit Trail Advisors LLC, Hancock Holding Co. and Nuveen Asset Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for LyondellBasell Industries.
How do I buy shares of LyondellBasell Industries?
Shares of LYB can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is LyondellBasell Industries' stock price today?
One share of LYB stock can currently be purchased for approximately $115.32.
How big of a company is LyondellBasell Industries?
LyondellBasell Industries has a market capitalization of $45.21 billion and generates $34.48 billion in revenue each year. The specialty chemicals company earns $4.88 billion in net income (profit) each year or $10.23 on an earnings per share basis. LyondellBasell Industries employs 13,400 workers across the globe.
How can I contact LyondellBasell Industries?
LyondellBasell Industries' mailing address is 1221 MCKINNEY ST SUITE 300, HOUSTON TX, 77010. The specialty chemicals company can be reached via phone at 713-309-7200 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for LyondellBasell Industries (LYB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about LyondellBasell Industries and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe LYB will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe LYB will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.