About Realty Income (NYSE:O)
Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, is an S&P 500 company dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 5,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared 572 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 49-year operating history and increased the dividend 95 times since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). The company has in-house acquisition, portfolio management, asset management, credit research, real estate research, legal, finance and accounting, information technology, and capital markets capabilities. Additional information about the company can be obtained from the corporate website at www.realtyincome.com.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Real estate investment trusts
Trailing P/E Ratio17.29
Forward P/E Ratio16.69
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.22 billion
Price / Sales12.37
Cash Flow$3.2119 per share
Price / Cash16.47
Book Value$26.23 per share
Price / Book2.02
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$3.06
Net Income$318.79 million
Return on Equity4.99%
Return on Assets2.60%
Realty Income (NYSE:O) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Realty Income's stock symbol?
Realty Income trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "O."
How often does Realty Income pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Realty Income?
Realty Income announced a jun 18 dividend on Friday, May 18th. Stockholders of record on Friday, June 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.2195 per share on Friday, June 15th. This represents a dividend yield of 5.04%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, May 31st. View Realty Income's Dividend History.
How were Realty Income's earnings last quarter?
Realty Income Corp (NYSE:O) issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The real estate investment trust reported $0.29 earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.33 by $0.04. The real estate investment trust had revenue of $318.30 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $305.83 million. Realty Income had a net margin of 25.33% and a return on equity of 4.99%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 6.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.76 earnings per share. View Realty Income's Earnings History.
When is Realty Income's next earnings date?
What guidance has Realty Income issued on next quarter's earnings?
Realty Income updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Tuesday, May, 8th. The company provided EPS guidance of $3.14 to $3.20 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $3.16.
What price target have analysts set for O?
12 brokers have issued 1-year price targets for Realty Income's stock. Their predictions range from $53.00 to $95.00. On average, they anticipate Realty Income's stock price to reach $62.8750 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Realty Income.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Realty Income stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Realty Income stock:
- 1. LADENBURG THALM/SH SH analysts commented, "We attribute this to a number of different factors including: 1.) the recent surge in the 10-year U.S. Treasury yield; 2.) continued concerns over the U.S. being over-retailed; 3.) Amazon’s (AMZN-$1,110.85; Not Rated) potential entrance into the pharmacy space, which represents 10.8% of O’s rents; and 4.) slower than expected acquisition volume. That said, the bulk of O’s underperformance vs. the RMS this year has come in the last ~35 trading days as the 10-year U.S. Treasury yield has spiked nearly 40bps trough-to-peak." (10/26/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "After a relatively quiet few months of retail headlines, Realty Income put up another steady quarter of results. The company reported 3Q17 FFO in line with the Street, but beat by a penny on AFFO of $0.77. The company also raised $444 million of common equity through ATM sales, solidifying much of its equity financing needs for the rest of the year to hit its $1.5 billion acquisitions guidance, which it reiterated. Acquisitions were seasonally light this quarter as expected at $265 million, which sets the company up for a big 4Q of acquisitions (we think they hit their guide). 100% of acquisitions this quarter were retail at a 7% cap rate, one of the highest in recent memory (half of the acquisitions volume was theatres which carry higher cap rates). On the asset management side, the company increased its FY17 disposition guidance for what we assume to be more opportunistic dispositions late in the year. The company re-leased 79 properties at a recapture rate of nearly 104%, the fifth consecutive quarter over 100%, while portfolio WALT remained at 9.6 years." (10/26/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of Realty Income have underperformed the industry it belongs to over the past three months. The stock has seen the Zacks Consensus Estimate for third-quarter and current-year funds from operations (FFO) per share remaining unchanged in a month’s time. Although, this freestanding retail REIT derives retail rental revenue from a diverse tenant base belonging to service, non-discretionary and low-price retail business, its drug store tenants account for a significant portion of rental revenues. This makes the company susceptible to any adversity in this industry. Moreover, its substantial exposure to single tenant assets raises risks associated with tenant default and fall in value of property. Rate hike increase its woes." (10/25/2017)
Who are some of Realty Income's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Realty Income include Simon Property Group (SPG), CROWN CASTLE In/SH SH (CCI), Public Storage (PSA), Prologis (PLD), Equinix (EQIX), Weyerhaeuser (WY), Equity Residential (EQR), AvalonBay Communities (AVB), DIGITAL Rlty Tr/SH SH (DLR), UNIBAIL-RODAMCO/ADR (UNRDY), Welltower (WELL), GGP (GGP), Ventas (VTR), Boston Properties (BXP) and SBA Communications (SBAC).
Who are Realty Income's key executives?
Realty Income's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. John P. Case, CEO & Director (Age 54)
- Mr. Sumit Roy, Pres & COO (Age 48)
- Mr. Paul M. Meurer, Exec. VP, CFO & Treasurer (Age 52)
- Mr. Neil M. Abraham, Exec. VP & Chief Investment Officer (Age 46)
- Mr. Michael R. Pfeiffer, Exec. VP, Gen. Counsel & Sec. (Age 57)
Has Realty Income been receiving favorable news coverage?
News stories about O stock have trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. Accern scores the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Realty Income earned a news sentiment score of 0.05 on Accern's scale. They also gave media stories about the real estate investment trust an impact score of 47.46 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Realty Income's major shareholders?
Realty Income's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (10.19%), Northern Trust Corp (1.84%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.45%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (0.99%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.84%) and Legal & General Group Plc (0.76%). Company insiders that own Realty Income stock include Benjamin N Fox, Gregory Mclaughlin, Joel Tomlinson, John Case, Kathleen Allen, Michael R Pfeiffer, Paul M Meurer, Priya Cherian Huskins, Robert Israel, Ronald Merriman and Sumit Roy. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Realty Income.
Which institutional investors are selling Realty Income stock?
O stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Nuveen Asset Management LLC, Principal Financial Group Inc., Principal Financial Group Inc., Prudential Financial Inc., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH and Barings LLC. Company insiders that have sold Realty Income company stock in the last year include Benjamin N Fox, Gregory Mclaughlin, Joel Tomlinson, Kathleen Allen, Paul M Meurer and Priya Cherian Huskins. View Insider Buying and Selling for Realty Income.
Which institutional investors are buying Realty Income stock?
O stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Centersquare Investment Management LLC, Teachers Insurance & Annuity Association of America, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Northern Trust Corp, Meag Munich Ergo Kapitalanlagegesellschaft MBH, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI, Summit Trail Advisors LLC and Legal & General Group Plc. View Insider Buying and Selling for Realty Income.
How do I buy shares of Realty Income?
Shares of O can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Realty Income's stock price today?
One share of O stock can currently be purchased for approximately $52.90.
How big of a company is Realty Income?
Realty Income has a market capitalization of $15.06 billion and generates $1.22 billion in revenue each year. The real estate investment trust earns $318.79 million in net income (profit) each year or $3.06 on an earnings per share basis. Realty Income employs 152 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Realty Income?
Realty Income's mailing address is 11995 EL CAMINO REAL, SAN DIEGO CA, 92130. The real estate investment trust can be reached via phone at 858-284-5000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Realty Income (O)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Realty Income and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe O will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe O will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.