About Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
Orion Group Holdings, Inc., formerly Orion Marine Group, Inc., is engaged in heavy civil construction project management business. The Company specializes in marine construction. It provides a range of heavy civil marine construction services to federal agencies, state and municipal governments, and private commercial and industrial customers. Its heavy civil marine construction and project management services include new construction, dredging, repair and maintenance, and other related specialty services. It provides heavy civil marine construction services on, over and under the water in the continental United States, Alaska, Canada and the Caribbean Basin. It provides heavy civil marine construction services through projects that are obtained primarily through a competitive bid or contract process. It also provides tilt-wall construction services, parking structures, concrete slabs for commercial and institutional applications, curbs, gutters and paving, among other capabilities.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Construction
- Industry: Construction & Engineering
- Sub-Industry: Construction & Engineering
- Symbol: NYSE:ORN
- CUSIP: 68628V30
- Web: www.oriongroupholdingsinc.com
- Market Cap: $199.11 million
- Outstanding Shares: 28,203,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $6.43
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $6.92
- 52 Week Range: $5.17 - $11.11
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.08
- P/E Growth: 23.60
- Annual Revenue: $584.49 million
- Price / Sales: 0.34
- Book Value: $7.98 per share
- Price / Book: 0.88
- EBITDA: $31.23 million
- Net Margins: -0.98%
- Return on Equity: 1.37%
- Return on Assets: 0.70%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.32%
- Current Ratio: 1.65%
- Quick Ratio: 1.60%
- Average Volume: 102,786 shs.
- Beta: 1.32
- Short Ratio: 3.36
Frequently Asked Questions for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
What is Orion Group Holdings' stock symbol?
Orion Group Holdings trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "ORN."
How were Orion Group Holdings' earnings last quarter?
Orion Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ORN) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported ($0.08) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.08 by $0.16. The firm earned $137.40 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $161.68 million. Orion Group Holdings had a negative net margin of 0.98% and a positive return on equity of 1.37%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 2.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned ($0.03) earnings per share. View Orion Group Holdings' Earnings History.
When will Orion Group Holdings make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Orion Group Holdings' stock going? Where will Orion Group Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
2 brokers have issued 12 month price objectives for Orion Group Holdings' shares. Their forecasts range from $7.00 to $10.00. On average, they anticipate Orion Group Holdings' share price to reach $8.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Orion Group Holdings.
What are analysts saying about Orion Group Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Orion Group Holdings stock:
- 1. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We hosted senior management of ORN for a day of meetings in Boston. Interest was high, and while we continue to expect some near-term weakness for the stock once 2017 guidance is reduced, pressure could be short-lived considering dredging and reconstruction opportunities. Nevertheless, we prefer to get the number cut out of the way prior to any potential upgrade, and remain HOLD for now. Investment highlights We continue to await an update to Q3/17 results and anticipate both a near-term drag to revenues and profits with approximately 85% of the business impacted by hurricane- related delays in some capacity (with some delays as long as 3.5 weeks)." (10/18/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Orion Group Holdings, Inc. is a construction company which provides services on and off the water primarily in the continental United States, Alaska, Canada and the Caribbean Basin. The company's operating segment consists of heavy civil marine construction segment and commercial concrete segment. Heavy civil marine construction segment services includes marine transportation facility construction, marine pipeline construction, marine environmental structures, dredging of waterways, channels and ports, environmental dredging, design and specialty services. Commercial concrete segment provides turnkey concrete construction services including pour and finish, dirt work, layout, forming, rebar and mesh across the light commercial, structural and other associated business areas. Orion Group Holdings, Inc., formerly known as Orion Marine Group Inc., is headquartered in Houston, Texas. " (7/6/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "On May 4, Orion Group announced mixed 1Q results, including better-than- expected revenue, lower EBITDA, and an in-line loss per share on a gain on equipment sales. The marine construction segment was negatively impacted by customer-related delays, while the concrete segment had meaningful improvement in operating profit due to the timing and mix of projects. Backlog of $395 million increased 3% YOY with growth coming from the marine segment, and low bid awards subsequent to the end of the quarter were $41 million. The bids outstanding and bid pipeline remain strong across both of ORN’s segments. The company also acquired Tony Bagliore Concrete (TBC) in April, which generated $32 million in revenue in 2016. This acquisition expands Orion’s concrete services to Central Texas (Austin) and is expected to be neutral to slightly accretive to EPS in 2017. We are adjusting our estimates for 1Q results and the TBC acquisition, leaving 2017 EBITDA at $55 million and raising 2018 EBITDA to $67 million (from $65 million)." (5/5/2017)
Who are some of Orion Group Holdings' key competitors?
Who are Orion Group Holdings' key executives?
Orion Group Holdings' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mark R. Stauffer, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Christopher J. DeAlmeida, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President, Treasurer
- Peter R. Buchler, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Richard L. Daerr Jr., Non-Executive Independent Chairman of the Board
- J. Michael Pearson, Director
- Thomas N. Amonett, Independent Director
- Austin J. Shanfelter, Independent Director
- Gene G. Stoever CPA, Independent Director
Who owns Orion Group Holdings stock?
Orion Group Holdings' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include LS Investment Advisors LLC (0.09%). Company insiders that own Orion Group Holdings stock include Christopher James Dealmeida, Gene G Stoever, Larry Dwayne Breaux and Mark R Stauffer. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Orion Group Holdings.
Who bought Orion Group Holdings stock? Who is buying Orion Group Holdings stock?
How do I buy Orion Group Holdings stock?
Shares of Orion Group Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Orion Group Holdings' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE ORN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Orion Group Holdings and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Orion Group Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.06.
Consensus Ratings for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.50)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$8.50 (20.40% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
Analysts' Ratings History for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/18/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$7.00||N/A|
|8/18/2017||FBR & Co||Lower Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$12.00 -> $10.00||Low|
|10/13/2016||DA Davidson||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$6.00 -> $8.00||N/A|
|8/8/2016||Imperial Capital||Boost Price Target||In -> In-Line||$6.00 -> $6.50||N/A|
Earnings History for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)Earnings History by Quarter for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE ORN)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||$0.08||($0.08)||$161.68 million||$137.40 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.05)||($0.07)||$126.97 million||$138.80 million||View||Listen|
|3/9/2017||Q4 2016||$0.06||$0.09||$143.77 million||$144.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$0.17||$0.17||$177.14 million||$164.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2016||Q216||$0.01||($0.03)||$147.21 million||$140.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2016||Q116||($0.01)||($0.04)||$147.82 million||$129.60 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2016||Q415||$0.02||$0.05||$166.66 million||$161.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q315||($0.28)||($0.27)||$154.90 million||$137.06 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||($0.03)||($0.07)||$89.40 million||$86.10 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q115||$0.01||($0.01)||$87.48 million||$81.50 million||View||Listen|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$0.11||$0.19||$110.93 million||$107.30 million||View||Listen|
|10/30/2014||Q314||$0.09||$0.11||$102.56 million||$107.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/31/2014||Q214||($0.03)||($0.04)||$91.30 million||$90.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/1/2014||Q114||($0.05)||($0.01)||$82.45 million||$81.30 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2014||Q413||($0.01)||$0.08||$95.47 million||$106.40 million||View||Listen|
|10/31/2013||Q313||($0.06)||($0.03)||$83.44 million||$89.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.02||$0.01||$83.11 million||$84.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||($0.07)||($0.04)||$73.26 million||$75.10 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2013||Q4 2012||($0.06)||$0.05||$75.04 million||$98.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q312||($0.10)||($0.06)||$72.33 million||$75.40 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.41
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 8.00%Insider Trades by Quarter for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 87.79%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/31/2017||Larry Dwayne Breaux||COO||Sell||3,500||$7.21||$25,235.00|| |
|5/26/2017||Larry Dwayne Breaux||COO||Sell||9,500||$7.27||$69,065.00|| |
|5/17/2017||Christopher James Dealmeida||CFO||Sell||6,289||$7.51||$47,230.39|| |
|5/16/2017||Christopher James Dealmeida||CFO||Sell||24,925||$8.07||$201,144.75|| |
|12/16/2015||Gene G Stoever||Director||Sell||3,000||$3.89||$11,670.00|| |
|12/16/2015||Mark R. Stauffer||CEO||Buy||750||$3.75||$2,812.50|| |
|12/14/2015||Mark R. Stauffer||CEO||Buy||1,000||$3.75||$3,750.00|| |
|11/17/2015||Mark R. Stauffer||CEO||Buy||5,000||$3.66||$18,300.00|| |
|11/16/2015||Mark R. Stauffer||CEO||Buy||3,500||$3.68||$12,880.00|| |
|8/25/2015||Mark R Stauffer||CEO||Buy||1,750||$6.65||$11,637.50|| |
|12/12/2014||Gene G Stoever||Director||Sell||3,140||$9.70||$30,458.00|| |
|9/9/2014||Mark R Stauffer||President||Sell||48,500||$10.42||$505,370.00|| |
|9/8/2014||Mark R Stauffer||President||Sell||43,952||$10.43||$458,419.36|| |
|9/4/2014||James L Rose||COO||Sell||20,001||$10.10||$202,010.10|| |
|6/10/2014||Austin J Shanfelter||Director||Sell||11,206||$11.70||$131,110.20|| |
|9/12/2013||Mark Stauffer||CFO||Sell||25,000||$9.49||$237,250.00|| |
|8/19/2013||Austin Shanfelter||Director||Sell||13,660||$10.41||$142,200.60|| |
|6/10/2013||James L Rose||EVP||Sell||31,780||$12.07||$383,584.60|| |
|5/28/2013||Richard L Daerr||Director||Sell||3,140||$12.04||$37,805.60|| |
Headline Trends for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
Latest Headlines for Orion Group Holdings (NYSE:ORN)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Orion Group Holdings (ORN) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017