About Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
Twilio Inc. offers Cloud Communications Platform, which enables developers to build, scale and operate real-time communications within software applications. The Company's platform consists of Programmable Communications Cloud, Super Network and Business Model for Innovators. Its Programmable Communications Cloud software enables developers to embed voice, messaging, video and authentication capabilities into their applications through its Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Its Programmable Communications Cloud offers building blocks that enable its customers to build what they need. Its Programmable Communications Cloud includes Programmable Voice, Programmable Messaging, Programmable Video and Use Case APIs. The Super Network is its software layer that allows its customers' software to communicate with connected devices globally. It interconnects with communications networks around the world.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Application Software
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:TWLO
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.twilio.com
- Market Cap: $2.99843 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 91,920,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $31.08
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $31.08
- 52 Week Range: $25.98 - $42.80
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -58.25
- P/E Growth: -7.15
- Annual Revenue: $336.73 million
- Price / Sales: 8.90
- Book Value: $3.90 per share
- Price / Book: 8.36
- EBITDA: ($34,740,000.00)
- Net Margins: -13.42%
- Return on Equity: -15.40%
- Return on Assets: -12.25%
- Current Ratio: 5.13%
- Quick Ratio: 5.13%
- Average Volume: 1.43 million shs.
- Beta: 3.24
- Short Ratio: 8.23
Frequently Asked Questions for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
What is Twilio's stock symbol?
Twilio trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "TWLO."
How were Twilio's earnings last quarter?
Twilio Inc. (NYSE:TWLO) posted its quarterly earnings data on Monday, August, 7th. The company reported ($0.20) EPS for the quarter, meeting the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.20). The company had revenue of $95.90 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $86.28 million. Twilio had a negative net margin of 13.42% and a negative return on equity of 15.40%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 48.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted ($0.08) EPS. View Twilio's Earnings History.
When will Twilio make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Twilio issued on next quarter's earnings?
Twilio issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Monday, August, 7th. The company provided EPS guidance of ($0.24-0.22) for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of ($0.29). The company issued revenue guidance of $371-375 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $359.77 million.Twilio also updated its Q3 guidance to ($0.07-0.08) EPS.
Where is Twilio's stock going? Where will Twilio's stock price be in 2017?
17 brokers have issued twelve-month price targets for Twilio's shares. Their forecasts range from $28.00 to $50.00. On average, they anticipate Twilio's stock price to reach $38.13 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Twilio.
What are analysts saying about Twilio stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Twilio stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Twilio recently reported strong results for second-quarter 2017, wherein the top line came ahead of our expectations, while the bottom line matches the same. Also, the company witnessed year-over-year improvement on both the counts. The recently reported robust quarterly results clearly indicate that the company has been able to mitigate the loss of revenues from Uber. The company’s key initiatives, which include product innovation, global expansion and acquisitions, are helping it in gaining customers, which bodes well for long-term growth. We opine that proliferation in cloud and mobile penetration across the globe will continue to fuel Twilio’s customer growth over the long run. Nonetheless, intensifying competition in the communications market and growing prevalence of in-app push notifications are major concerns. Notably, the stock has underperformed the industry in the last one year." (8/11/2017)
- 2. JMP Securities analysts commented, "Building high-quality, reliable API services that have 99.999 percent availability and have resulted in nearly 30,000 production deployments."Listening to its customers to build higher-value APIs that solve customer’s problems but are also stickier than lower-lower APIs."Introducing new feature and products at a rate of one every 3.5 days, a rate competitors will be hard-pressed to match."Rapidly adding developers to its community, including 600,000 in the last 12 months." (5/25/2017)
- 3. J P Morgan Chase & Co analysts commented, "Building high-quality, reliable API services that have 99.999 percent availability and have resulted in nearly 30,000 production deployments."Listening to its customers to build higher-value APIs that solve customer’s problems but are also stickier than lower-lower APIs."Introducing new feature and products at a rate of one every 3.5 days, a rate competitors will be hard-pressed to match."Rapidly adding developers to its community, including 600,000 in the last 12 months." (5/25/2017)
- 4. Drexel Hamilton analysts commented, "We believe Twilio may slightly exceed our 1Q:17 revenue forecast of $83.2 million (up 40% YoY; Street is at $83.5 million) and at least meet our loss per share projection of $0.06 (Street is at a loss per share of $0.07). Our 1Q:17 sales forecast represents a 1% QoQ rise and well below the 2-year average of up 18% for past March quarters. Recall, Twilio’s 1Q:17 outlook calls for sales of $82-84 million and a loss per share of $0.07-0.06. Twilio is recognized as a pioneer in the cloud communications platform market with a following of over 1 million developers across 36,606 active customer accounts in 4Q:16. We estimate Twilio added 3,000 to 3,250 active customer accounts in 1Q:17 and up from the 2,149 added in 4Q:16." (5/2/2017)
Who are some of Twilio's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Twilio include King Digital Entertainment PLC (KING), Sabre Corporation (SABR), Zendesk (ZEN), Mulesoft (MULE), Box (BOX), New Relic (NEWR), Five9 (FIVN), CyberArk Software (CYBR), Keywords Studios PLC (KWS), Radware (RDWR), GB Group plc (GBG), Digimarc Corp (DMRC), Rosetta Stone (RST), YuMe (YUME), StatPro Group PLC (SOG), SeaChange International (SEAC), Perion Network Ltd (PERI) and Great Elm Capital Group (GEC).
Who are Twilio's key executives?
Twilio's management team includes the folowing people:
- Jeff Lawson, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder
- Lee Kirkpatrick, Chief Financial Officer
- George Hu, Chief Operating Officer
- Karyn Smith, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Jeffrey Epstein, Director
- Richard L. Dalzell, Independent Director
- Byron B. Deeter, Independent Director
- Elena A. Donio, Independent Director
- James McGeever, Independent Director
When did Twilio IPO?
(TWLO) raised $130 million in an initial public offering (IPO) on Thursday, June 23rd 2016. The company issued 10,000,000 shares at $12.00-$14.00 per share. Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan served as the underwriters for the IPO and Allen, Pacific Crest Securities (a division of KeyBanc Capital Markets), JMP Securities, William Blair and Canaccord Genuity were co-managers.
Who owns Twilio stock?
Twilio's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.06%), Trellus Management Company LLC (0.01%) and Moloney Securities Asset Management LLC (0.01%). Company insiders that own Twilio stock include Bessemer Venture Partners Vii, James Mcgeever, Jeff Lawson, Karyn Smith, Lee Kirkpatrick, Richard L Dalzell and Scott Campbell Raney. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Twilio.
Who sold Twilio stock? Who is selling Twilio stock?
Twilio's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Moloney Securities Asset Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Twilio stock in the last year include Bessemer Venture Partners Vii, Jeff Lawson, Karyn Smith, Lee Kirkpatrick, Richard L Dalzell and Scott Campbell Raney. View Insider Buying and Selling for Twilio.
Who bought Twilio stock? Who is buying Twilio stock?
Twilio's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Mutual of America Capital Management LLC and Trellus Management Company LLC. Company insiders that have bought Twilio stock in the last two years include James Mcgeever and Jeff Lawson. View Insider Buying and Selling for Twilio.
How do I buy Twilio stock?
Shares of Twilio can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Twilio's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Twilio (NYSE TWLO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Twilio and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Twilio stock can currently be purchased for approximately $32.62.
Consensus Ratings for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 2 Hold Ratings, 14 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.76)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$38.13 (16.90% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
Analysts' Ratings History for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/13/2017||Northland Securities||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$36.00||N/A|
|9/28/2017||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$38.00||Low|
|9/27/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$39.00||Low|
|9/27/2017||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||Low|
|9/22/2017||Drexel Hamilton||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$47.00||Low|
|9/18/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$38.00||Medium|
|8/9/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$30.00 -> $33.00||High|
|8/8/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Boost Price Target||Buy||$32.00 -> $38.00||High|
|8/8/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$33.00 -> $40.00||High|
|8/8/2017||Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$23.00 -> $35.00||High|
|7/17/2017||Summit Redstone||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$36.00||Low|
|5/4/2017||Summit Research||Lower Price Target||Buy||$36.00 -> $28.00||High|
|2/8/2017||Pacific Crest||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$36.00 -> $40.00||N/A|
|10/31/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$50.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)Earnings History by Quarter for Twilio (NYSE TWLO)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/7/2017||Q2 2017||($0.20)||($0.20)||$86.28 million||$95.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2017||Q1 2017||($0.14)||($0.14)||$83.57 million||$87.37 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||($0.08)||($0.04)||$64.51 million||$715.50 million||View||N/A|
|8/8/2016||Q216||($0.15)||($0.08)||$39.95 million||$64.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.7 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.56 EPS
Dividend History for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 58.11%Insider Trades by Quarter for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/18/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,381||$31.48||$169,393.88|| |
|10/16/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||711||$32.60||$23,178.60|| |
|10/16/2017||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||10,000||$32.17||$321,700.00|| |
|9/18/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,213||$31.23||$162,801.99|| |
|9/15/2017||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||13,829||$30.85||$426,624.65|| |
|8/21/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,213||$29.21||$152,271.73|| |
|8/15/2017||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||10,000||$31.17||$311,700.00|| |
|8/15/2017||Richard L. Dalzell||Director||Sell||2,500||$31.18||$77,950.00|| |
|7/19/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,381||$31.40||$168,963.40|| |
|7/17/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||712||$29.18||$20,776.16|| |
|7/17/2017||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||16,000||$29.86||$477,760.00|| |
|7/13/2017||Richard L. Dalzell||Director||Sell||2,500||$30.01||$75,025.00|| |
|6/19/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,213||$28.13||$146,641.69|| |
|6/15/2017||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||10,851||$25.73||$279,196.23|| |
|5/18/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,213||$24.59||$128,187.67|| |
|5/11/2017||James Mcgeever||Director||Buy||10,000||$23.19||$231,900.00|| |
|5/10/2017||Jeff Lawson||CEO||Buy||100,000||$23.43||$2,343,000.00|| |
|4/19/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,399||$31.80||$171,688.20|| |
|4/17/2017||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||10,000||$30.42||$304,200.00|| |
|3/20/2017||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||5,213||$31.20||$162,645.60|| |
|3/16/2017||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||12,757||$30.96||$394,956.72|| |
|2/10/2017||Scott Campbell Raney||Director||Sell||22,058||$32.17||$709,605.86|| |
|10/26/2016||Bessemer Venture Partners Vii||Major Shareholder||Sell||3,084,651||$38.60||$119,067,528.60|| |
|10/26/2016||Jeff Lawson||CEO||Sell||830,977||$38.60||$32,075,712.20|| |
|10/26/2016||Karyn Smith||General Counsel||Sell||13,863||$38.60||$535,111.80|| |
|10/26/2016||Lee Kirkpatrick||CFO||Sell||69,740||$38.60||$2,691,964.00|| |
|10/26/2016||Scott Campbell Raney||Director||Sell||503,496||$38.60||$19,434,945.60|| |
Headline Trends for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
Latest Headlines for Twilio (NYSE:TWLO)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Twilio (TWLO) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017