Twilio Inc. provides a cloud communications platform that enables developers to build, scale, and operate communications within software applications in the United States and internationally. The company's programmable communications cloud provides a set of application programming interfaces that enable developers to embed voice, messaging, and video capabilities into their applications. Twilio Inc. was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-78.99
Forward P/E Ratio-77.01
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$399.02 million
Price / Sales14.79
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$3.83 per share
Price / Book16.09
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.78)
Return on Equity-21.88%
Return on Assets-17.31%
Twilio (NYSE:TWLO) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Twilio's stock symbol?
Twilio trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "TWLO."
How were Twilio's earnings last quarter?
Twilio Inc (NYSE:TWLO) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The technology company reported ($0.04) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of ($0.07) by $0.03. The technology company earned $129.12 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $115.92 million. Twilio had a negative return on equity of 21.88% and a negative net margin of 16.61%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 47.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned ($0.04) earnings per share. View Twilio's Earnings History.
When is Twilio's next earnings date?
What guidance has Twilio issued on next quarter's earnings?
Twilio updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Tuesday, May, 8th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $(0.10)-(0.07) for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of ($0.12). The company issued revenue guidance of $538-544 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $511.84 million.Twilio also updated its Q2 guidance to $(0.06)-(0.05) EPS.
What price target have analysts set for TWLO?
17 brokers have issued 1-year price objectives for Twilio's shares. Their predictions range from $33.00 to $60.00. On average, they expect Twilio's share price to reach $44.7143 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Twilio.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Twilio stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Twilio stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Twilio reported strong top-line performance for the first quarter of 2018 mainly driven by remarkable year-over-year growth in active customer account. The company’s key initiatives, which include product innovation, global expansion, acquisitions and go-to-market sales strategy, are helping it in gaining customers, which bodes well for long-term growth. However, we are concerned about its declining gross margin. The company’s gross margin has been negatively impacted by shift in international traffic mix and reduced revenue contribution from Uber. Going ahead, intensifying competition in the communications market and growing prevalence of in-app push notifications are other major headwinds." (5/14/2018)
- 2. Drexel Hamilton analysts commented, "We believe the fundamental underpinnings of Twilio remain strong and the stock is undervalued at an EV/revenue ratio of just 4.9x based our 2018 sales forecast." (12/28/2017)
- 3. KeyCorp analysts commented, "We were impressed by the Engagement Cloud vision that Twilio displayed at its first analyst day in San Francisco. While the Company remains focused on a broad vision of disrupting the trillion-dollar communications industry through simple software APIs and a developer- first approach, the growth strategy appears to be solidifying as it moves further up the stack with multiple API components that can be bundled to solve higher-level bottlenecks. The Engagement Cloud, for example, could include 11 unique APIs such as Voice, Chat, SMS, Facebook, Studio, Notify, Understand, Frame, Sync, TaskRouter, and Marketplace. New COO refreshes the go-to-market approach. George Hu, the former COO of Salesforce.com who joined Twilio in March 2017, gave a presentation on the recent changes in the Company’s go-to-market strategy." (12/5/2017)
Who are some of Twilio's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Twilio include Shopify (SHOP), Splunk (SPLK), Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP), CA Technologies (CA), Dropbox (DBX), ANSYS (ANSS), Citrix Systems (CTXS), Mobileye (MBBYF), TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, INC Common Stock (TTWO), Synopsys (SNPS), Symantec (SYMC), UBISOFT Entmt S/ADR (UBSFY), SS&C Technologies (SSNC), Cadence Design Systems (CDNS) and Veeva Systems (VEEV).
Who are Twilio's key executives?
Twilio's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Jeffrey Lawson, Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO (Age 41)
- Mr. Lee Kirkpatrick, CFO, Treasurer & Principal Accounting Officer (Age 57)
- Ms. Karyn Smith, Gen. Counsel and Corp. Sec. (Age 54)
- Mr. John Wolthuis, Co-Founder & Board Observer
- Mr. George Hu, Chief Operating Officer (Age 43)
When did Twilio IPO?
(TWLO) raised $130 million in an initial public offering on Thursday, June 23rd 2016. The company issued 10,000,000 shares at a price of $12.00-$14.00 per share. Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan served as the underwriters for the IPO and Allen, Pacific Crest Securities (a division of KeyBanc Capital Markets), JMP Securities, William Blair and Canaccord Genuity were co-managers.
Has Twilio been receiving favorable news coverage?
News coverage about TWLO stock has been trending somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment reports. The research group identifies positive and negative press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Twilio earned a news impact score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media stories about the technology company an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are Twilio's major shareholders?
Twilio's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (4.68%), Bares Capital Management Inc. (2.05%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (1.92%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (1.89%), Franklin Resources Inc. (1.24%) and Northern Trust Corp (0.82%). Company insiders that own Twilio stock include Bessemer Venture Partners Vii, George Hu, James Mcgeever, Jeff Lawson, Karyn Smith, Lee Kirkpatrick, Richard L Dalzell and Scott Campbell Raney. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Twilio.
Which institutional investors are selling Twilio stock?
TWLO stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc., Bares Capital Management Inc., Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA, Eventide Asset Management LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Point72 Asset Management L.P., Element Capital Management LLC and Archon Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Twilio company stock in the last year include George Hu, Karyn Smith, Lee Kirkpatrick and Richard L Dalzell. View Insider Buying and Selling for Twilio.
Which institutional investors are buying Twilio stock?
TWLO stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Harvest Capital Strategies LLC, Lord Abbett & CO. LLC, BlackRock Inc., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Miracle Mile Advisors LLC, Quadrature Capital Ltd and Amundi Pioneer Asset Management Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Twilio stock in the last two years include James Mcgeever and Jeff Lawson. View Insider Buying and Selling for Twilio.
How do I buy shares of Twilio?
Shares of TWLO can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Twilio's stock price today?
One share of TWLO stock can currently be purchased for approximately $61.61.
How big of a company is Twilio?
Twilio has a market capitalization of $5.74 billion and generates $399.02 million in revenue each year. The technology company earns $-63,700,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.78) on an earnings per share basis. Twilio employs 996 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Twilio?
Twilio's mailing address is 375 BEALE STREET SUITE 300, SAN FRANCISCO CA, 94105. The technology company can be reached via phone at 415-390-2337 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Twilio (TWLO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Twilio and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe TWLO will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe TWLO will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.