Vonage Holdings Corp. provides communications services connecting people through cloud-connected devices worldwide. It offers various business services, including basic dial tone, call queue, conferencing, call groups, mobile functionality, CRM integration, and detailed analytics, as well as Vonage Business Cloud and Vonage Enterprise services. The company also provides home telephone services through various service plans with basic features, such as voicemail, call waiting, call forwarding, simulring, visual voicemail, and extensions, as well as area code selection, virtual phone number, and Web-enabled voicemail. Its primary home telephone offerings include Vonage World plan that offers unlimited domestic calling; calling to landline phones in approximately 60 countries; and calling to mobile phones in various countries, as well as Vonage North America plan for unlimited calling across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. In addition, the company provides Vonage-enabled devices, which allow customers to use the Internet connection for their computer and telephones at the same time; and high-speed broadband Internet service that allows calls over the Internet either from a telephone through a Vonage-enabled device, or through soft phone software, or mobile client applications. It sells its products through its sales agents, Websites, toll free numbers, and retailers for consumers and businesses in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. As of December 31, 2017, it had approximately 2.2 million consumer subscriber lines and business seats. The company was incorporated in 2000 and is headquartered in Holmdel, New Jersey.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Telephone communication, except radio
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio44.18
Forward P/E Ratio30.17
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.00 billion
Price / Sales2.93
Cash Flow$0.6145 per share
Price / Cash20.13
Book Value$2.07 per share
Price / Book5.98
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$0.28
Return on Equity16.84%
Return on Assets9.19%
Vonage (NYSE:VG) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Vonage's stock symbol?
Vonage trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "VG."
How were Vonage's earnings last quarter?
Vonage Holdings Corp. (NYSE:VG) posted its earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The technology company reported $0.12 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.07 by $0.05. The technology company earned $253.60 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $251.76 million. Vonage had a positive return on equity of 16.84% and a negative net margin of 1.51%. The firm's revenue was up 4.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $0.07 earnings per share. View Vonage's Earnings History.
When is Vonage's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for VG?
10 analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Vonage's stock. Their predictions range from $8.50 to $12.00. On average, they expect Vonage's share price to reach $10.3375 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Vonage.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Vonage stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Vonage stock:
- 1. William Blair analysts commented, "We are not surprised by the move. While Mr . Gilvar brought excellence to the marketing function at Vonage, his background is predominantly in consumer marketing. We suspect the company will seek a replacement as it transitions entirely to the business side and drives its Vonage Business Cloud (VBC) platform approach forward. The company has revamped the entire vonage.com website recently to direct visitors strictly to Vonage Business, showing off its SMB/midsize (VBC) and enterprise platforms (Vonage Enterprise) along with significant collateral for channel partners/V ARs. An external CMO candidate with first-hand experience on B2B, cloud, and SaaS would not be out of the realm of possibility , in our view . This move would ultimately accentuate Vonage’s platform approach and more importantly its UCaaS growth." (5/16/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Vonage is redefining communications by offering consumers and small businesses an affordable alternative to traditional telephone service. The fastest growing telephony company in North America, Vonage's service area encompasses more than 2000 active rate centers in over 130 global markets. Vonage is sold directly through their website and retail partners such as SAM's Club, Amazon.com, RadioShack, Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, Fry's Electronics and Office Depot. Wholesale partners such as EarthLink, ARMSTRONG(R), Advanced Cable Communications and the Coldwater Board of Public Utilities resell the Vonage broadband phone service under their own unique brands. With more than 300,000 lines in service, Vonage continues to add more than 30,000 lines per month to its network. Over 10 million calls per week are made using Vonage, the easy-to-use, feature-rich, flat rate phone service. " (5/10/2018)
Who are some of Vonage's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Vonage include Koninklijke KPN (KKPNY), Koninklijke KPN (KKPNF), Liberty Sirius XM Group Series C (LSXMK), Zayo Group (ZAYO), TIM Participacoes (TSU), KT (KT), TELE2 AB/ADR (TLTZY), Telekom Austria (TKAGY), Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S. (TKC), PLDT (PHI), GCI Liberty Inc Class A (GLIBA), Spark New Zealand (SPKKY), PCCW (PCCWY), Telecom Argentina (TEO) and Telephone & Data Systems (TDS).
Who are Vonage's key executives?
Vonage's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Alan B. Masarek, CEO & Director (Age 57)
- Mr. David T. Pearson, CFO & Treasurer (Age 52)
- Mr. Edward M. Gilvar, Chief Marketing Officer (Age 51)
- Mr. Omar Javaid, Chief Product Officer (Age 46)
- Mr. Kenneth Wyatt, Chief Revenue Officer (Age 49)
Has Vonage been receiving favorable news coverage?
Headlines about VG stock have trended somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern scores the sentiment of news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Vonage earned a news impact score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media headlines about the technology company an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the near future.
Who are Vonage's major shareholders?
Vonage's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (11.54%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (3.01%), Rothschild Asset Management Inc. (1.13%), Royal Bank of Canada (1.12%), Northern Trust Corp (1.12%) and Nuveen Asset Management LLC (1.10%). Company insiders that own Vonage stock include Alan Masarek, Alexander Langer, Antoine Jamous, David T Pearson, Edward M Gilvar, Jayesh Patel, Jeffrey A Citron, Kenneth Wyatt, Kurt Rogers, Mcgonigal Graham, Simon TP Ridgway, Valerie Kahn and Vinod Lala. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Vonage.
Which institutional investors are selling Vonage stock?
VG stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Millennium Management LLC, Intel Corp, BlackRock Inc., Nuveen Asset Management LLC, Royal Bank of Canada, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Loomis Sayles & Co. L P and Engineers Gate Manager LP. Company insiders that have sold Vonage company stock in the last year include Alan Masarek, David T Pearson, Edward M Gilvar, Jayesh Patel, Jeffrey A Citron, Kenneth Wyatt, Valerie Kahn and Vinod Lala. View Insider Buying and Selling for Vonage.
Which institutional investors are buying Vonage stock?
VG stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Intrinsic Edge Capital Management LLC, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Rothschild Asset Management Inc., Prudential Financial Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Mackay Shields LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN and SG Americas Securities LLC. Company insiders that have bought Vonage stock in the last two years include Alexander Langer and Simon TP Ridgway. View Insider Buying and Selling for Vonage.
How do I buy shares of Vonage?
Shares of VG can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Vonage's stock price today?
One share of VG stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.37.
How big of a company is Vonage?
Vonage has a market capitalization of $2.94 billion and generates $1.00 billion in revenue each year. The technology company earns $-33,930,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or $0.28 on an earnings per share basis. Vonage employs 1,780 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Vonage?
Vonage's mailing address is 23 MAIN STREET, HOLMDEL NJ, 07733. The technology company can be reached via phone at 732-528-2600 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Vonage (VG)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Vonage and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe VG will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe VG will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.