About Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
Zoe's Kitchen, Inc. develops and operates fast-casual restaurants serving a menu of fresh, wholesome, Mediterranean-inspired dishes delivered with Southern hospitality. The Company's menu offers meals made from scratch using produce, proteins and other ingredients, including its appetizers, soups, salads and kabobs. Its food, including both hot and cold items, is suited for catering to a range of business and social occasions. It caters to a range of dietary needs by offering vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and its calorie conscious, Simply 500 menu selections. Its party packs serve groups of approximately 10 and are each filled with their own combination of fresh fruits, veggies, proteins and grains. The Company serves dishes for various occasions, such as Guilt-Free Girls Night, Game Day Goodies, Shower Sensations and Kids' Party Pack. As of December 26, 2016, it had operated 201 Company-owned restaurants and three franchise restaurants in 20 states across the United States.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Restaurants & Bars
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:ZOES
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.zoeskitchen.com
- Market Cap: $239.5 million
- Outstanding Shares: 19,535,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $12.62
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $13.88
- 52 Week Range: $10.77 - $27.41
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 1,226.00
- P/E Growth: -3.48
- Annual Revenue: $294.14 million
- Price / Sales: 0.81
- Book Value: $6.77 per share
- Price / Book: 1.81
- EBITDA: $22.57 million
- Net Margins: -0.07%
- Return on Equity: -0.27%
- Return on Assets: -0.16%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.08%
- Current Ratio: 0.63%
- Quick Ratio: 0.54%
- Average Volume: 539,206 shs.
- Beta: 0.34
- Short Ratio: 9.81
Frequently Asked Questions for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
What is Zoe's Kitchen's stock symbol?
Zoe's Kitchen trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "ZOES."
How were Zoe's Kitchen's earnings last quarter?
Zoe's Kitchen, Inc. (NYSE:ZOES) posted its earnings results on Thursday, August, 17th. The company reported $0.06 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.02 by $0.04. The company had revenue of $74.30 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $75.11 million. Zoe's Kitchen had a negative return on equity of 0.27% and a negative net margin of 0.07%. Zoe's Kitchen's quarterly revenue was up 12.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the firm earned $0.06 earnings per share. View Zoe's Kitchen's Earnings History.
Where is Zoe's Kitchen's stock going? Where will Zoe's Kitchen's stock price be in 2017?
10 analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Zoe's Kitchen's shares. Their forecasts range from $12.50 to $27.00. On average, they anticipate Zoe's Kitchen's stock price to reach $17.55 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Zoe's Kitchen.
What are analysts saying about Zoe's Kitchen stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Zoe's Kitchen stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Zoe's Kitchen Inc. operates as a fast casual restaurant concept serving Mediterranean-style food. The company operates a range of restaurant formats, including in-line, end-cap, and free-standing restaurants. It also grants licenses to qualified franchisees to construct and operate Zoe's Kitchen restaurants. Zoe's Kitchen, Inc. is based in Plano, Texas. " (10/19/2017)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "We maintain our Buy rating and $28 price target on Zoe’s Kitchen (ZOES) ahead of the release of 1Q17 (March) earnings on Thursday, May 25." (5/23/2017)
- 3. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We remain encouraged with Zoe's long-term brand positioning after spending time with management. The company has a committed team and a robust unit-growth pipeline that should help it to grow as gracefully as possible into its growth multiple in the face of persistent industry competition. However, our stock opinion also reflects the current restaurant contraction cycle where lower multiples are a reality. As a result, and as we gauge the timing and relative impact of current strategic initiatives, we are lowering our price target on ZOES shares to $16 based on ~14x FY17E EV/EBITDA (vs. ~17x FY17E prior). The key catalysts remain operational execution. We are maintaining our Neutral rating on ZOES shares. Every 1x turn in EBITDA multiple equates to ~$1/share." (3/23/2017)
- 4. Buckingham Research analysts commented, "We launched coverage about a year ago and have been on the wrong side watching as results deteriorated. We're certainly aware of the sliding traffic across the industry as well as rising labor costs which together have really pinched the financial model that we liked so much at the onset. Going forward, we console ourselves with 1) our view that management has not mis-executed; it really seems like an industry issue, 2) comparisons will get much easier and comps should benefit from new stores coming into the base as well as initiatives to drive sales including small-order delivery, menu innovation, price, and marketing and 3) the remaining LT opportunity to grow what we view to be a differentiated concept. We acknowledge considerable remaining risk as ZOES taps its revolver and the climate remains uncertain but we keep the BUY for those willing to hold out for some help from the environment when things change in the future." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of Zoe's Kitchen's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Zoe's Kitchen include Fiesta Restaurant Group (FRGI), El Pollo Loco Holdings (LOCO), Bojangles' (BOJA), Chuy's Holdings (CHUY), The Habit Restaurants (HABT), Potbelly Corporation (PBPB), Del Frisco's Restaurant Group (DFRG), Ruby Tuesday (RT), Luby's (LUB), DP Poland Plc (DPP), Diversified Restaurant Holdings (SAUC), Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), One Group Hospitality (STKS), Kona Grill (KONA) and Spirit Pub Company Ltd (SPRT).
Who are Zoe's Kitchen's key executives?
Zoe's Kitchen's management team includes the folowing people:
- Greg Dollarhyde, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Kevin T Miles, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Sunil M Doshi, Chief Financial Officer
- Jeremy Hartley, Chief Operating Officer
- Casey Shilling, Chief Marketing Officer
- James Besch, Vice President - Accounting, Controller
- Michael Todd, General Counsel, Secretary
- Rahul Aggarwal, Independent Director
- Thomas J. Baldwin, Independent Director
- Susan M. Collyns, Independent Director
How do I buy Zoe's Kitchen stock?
Shares of Zoe's Kitchen can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Zoe's Kitchen's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE ZOES)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Zoe's Kitchen and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Zoe's Kitchen stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.26.
Consensus Ratings for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 6 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.20)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$17.55 (43.15% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
Analysts' Ratings History for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/19/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$15.00||Low|
|8/18/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Lower Price Target||Underperform||$13.00 -> $12.50||High|
|8/17/2017||Telsey Advisory Group||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||$15.00 -> $17.00||High|
|8/14/2017||Maxim Group||Lower Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$24.00 -> $20.00||Medium|
|7/10/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$15.00 -> $13.00||Low|
|5/30/2017||Cowen and Company||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$19.00 -> $14.00||High|
|5/30/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Lower Price Target||Hold||$24.00 -> $16.00||High|
|3/23/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$20.00 -> $16.00||Low|
|2/24/2017||Buckingham Research||Lower Price Target||Buy||$34.00 -> $27.00||N/A|
|12/19/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Hold -> Hold||$22.00 -> $25.00||N/A|
|11/22/2015||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)Earnings History by Quarter for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE ZOES)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/17/2017||Q2 2017||$0.02||$0.06||$75.11 million||$74.30 million||View||N/A|
|6/2/2017||Q1 2017||$0.01||$0.01||$92.61 million||$90.60 million||View||N/A|
|2/23/2017||Q416||($0.06)||($0.07)||$62.75 million||$62.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/14/2016||Q316||$0.04||$0.04||$68.07 million||$67.30 million||View||N/A|
|8/22/2016||Q216||$0.06||$0.06||$66.95 million||$66.27 million||View||Listen|
|5/31/2016||Q116||$0.04||$0.06||$78.84 million||$80.41 million||View||Listen|
|2/25/2016||Q415||($0.06)||($0.03)||$50.66 million||$52.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/19/2015||Q315||$0.03||$0.05||$55.66 million||$56.30 million||View||Listen|
|8/27/2015||Q215||$0.04||$0.05||$53.46 million||$54.50 million||View||Listen|
|6/4/2015||Q115||($0.02)||$0.04||$61.38 million||$63.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/11/2015||Q414||($0.05)||($0.03)||$39.62 million||$40.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/20/2014||Q314||$0.03||$0.04||$42.50 million||$43.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/28/2014||Q214||$0.03||$0.04||$41.70 million||$41.90 million||View||N/A|
|6/5/2014||Q114||($0.03)||($0.02)||$44.68 million||$46.30 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.08 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.01 EPS
Dividend History for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.00%Insider Trades by Quarter for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/22/2017||A Alexander Taylor II||Director||Buy||3,100||$12.87||$39,897.00|| |
|6/8/2016||Jeremy Hartley||COO||Sell||36,000||$37.73||$1,358,280.00|| |
|6/6/2016||Greg Dollarhyde||Director||Sell||30,000||$37.36||$1,120,800.00|| |
|4/1/2016||Kevin Miles||CEO||Sell||15,000||$39.00||$585,000.00|| |
|3/21/2016||Thomas Baldwin||Director||Sell||4,000||$40.00||$160,000.00|| |
|3/10/2016||Cordia Harrington||Director||Buy||1,960||$37.73||$73,950.80|| |
|3/2/2016||Greg Dollarhyde||Director||Sell||19,000||$34.95||$664,050.00|| |
|11/27/2015||Greg Dollarhyde||Director||Sell||20,000||$33.94||$678,800.00|| |
|9/11/2015||Jeremy Hartley||COO||Sell||12,666||$34.40||$435,710.40|| |
|6/15/2015||Kevin Miles||CEO||Sell||10,000||$42.00||$420,000.00|| |
|6/10/2015||James Besch||VP||Sell||2,000||$39.50||$79,000.00|| |
|6/9/2015||Kevin Miles||CEO||Sell||10,000||$38.00||$380,000.00|| |
|5/20/2015||Jason Morgan||CFO||Sell||2,500||$32.00||$80,000.00|| |
|4/20/2015||Jason Morgan||CFO||Sell||3,399||$34.18||$116,177.82|| |
|4/13/2015||Jason Morgan||CFO||Sell||4,101||$35.00||$143,535.00|| |
|4/9/2015||Jason Morgan||CFO||Sell||2,399||$34.00||$81,566.00|| |
|3/20/2015||Dollarhyde Investment Group I||Insider||Sell||85,267||$33.38||$2,846,212.46|| |
|3/20/2015||Jason Morgan||CFO||Sell||12,601||$33.55||$422,763.55|| |
|8/19/2014||Dollarhyde Investment Group I||Insider||Sell||310,000||$30.25||$9,377,500.00|| |
|8/19/2014||Private Equity Iv L Brentwood||Director||Sell||4,492,332||$30.25||$135,893,043.00|| |
|4/16/2014||Allyn Taylor||VP||Buy||2,000||$15.00||$30,000.00|| |
|4/16/2014||Jason Morgan||CFO||Buy||3,333||$15.00||$49,995.00|| |
|4/16/2014||Kevin Miles||CEO||Buy||6,666||$15.00||$99,990.00|| |
|4/16/2014||Thomas Baldwin||Director||Buy||8,333||$15.00||$124,995.00|| |
Headline Trends for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
Latest Headlines for Zoe's Kitchen (NYSE:ZOES)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Zoe's Kitchen (ZOES) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017