About Abeona Therapeutics
Abeona Therapeutics, Inc. (Abeona), formerly PlasmaTech Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., is focused on developing and delivering gene therapy and plasma-based products for rare diseases. The Company's lead programs are ABO-101 (AA9 NAGLU) and ABO-102 (scAAV9 SGHG), adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based gene therapies for Sanfilippo syndrome (Mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) IIIA and IIIB) in collaboration with patient advocate groups, researchers and clinicians. The Company is also developing ABO-201 (scAAV9 CLN3) gene therapy for juvenile Batten disease (JBD), and ABO-301 (AAV LK19 FANCC) for Fanconi anemia (FA) disorder using a clustered, regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)/Cas9-based gene editing approach to gene therapy program for rare blood diseases. It is developing rare plasma protein therapies, including PTB-101 SDF Alpha (alpha-1 protease inhibitor) for inherited chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Its product pipeline also consists of MuGard and ProdiGard.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: ABEO
- Previous Close: $5.10
- 50 Day Moving Average: $5.23
- 200 Day Moving Average: $5.57
- 52-Week Range: $2.05 - $9.44
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -8.23
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Market Cap: $197.80M
- Outstanding Shares: 39,959,000
- Beta: 1.79
- Net Margins: -2,029.60%
- Return on Equity: -26.65%
- Return on Assets: -22.54%
Companies Related to Abeona Therapeutics:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.06%
- Current Ratio: 4.91%
- Quick Ratio: 4.91%
What is Abeona Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Abeona Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ABEO."
Where is Abeona Therapeutics' stock going? Where will Abeona Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
6 brokerages have issued 12-month price targets for Abeona Therapeutics' stock. Their forecasts range from $11.00 to $21.00. On average, they anticipate Abeona Therapeutics' stock price to reach $16.83 in the next year.
When will Abeona Therapeutics announce their earnings?
Abeona Therapeutics is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, March, 6th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Abeona Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Abeona Therapeutics stock:
- FBR & Co analysts commented, "On February 17, Abeona provided an update on its ongoing Phase I/II gene therapy trial with ABO-102 in children with Sanfilippo Syndrome Type A (MPS IIIA), which was presented at the 13th WORLDSymposium, an annual research meeting and forum of the latest advances in lysosomes and lysosomal storage diseases. We view the six-month results as positive as low-dose ABO-102 therapy is achieving several important objectives: continued reduction of GAG in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), further reductions in liver and spleen volume, all of which are symptoms that arise in MPS IIIA, and positive signals in cognitive stabilization. Albeit data was only from two subjects, the 63% reduction in GAGs in the CSF was particularly notable as this is a key measure of reduction in storage pathology in the central nervous system (CNS). We look for news flow from the ABO-102 high-dose cohort, as well as Abeona's three other ongoing rare disease clinical programs in the next three to six months to be positive catalysts for ABEO stock. We reiterate our Outperform rating." (2/17/2017)
- Maxim Group analysts commented, "At WORLDSymposium (Feb 13-17) Abeona presented updated data from the ongoing phase I/II study of ABO-102 in Sanfilippo Syndrome. The first two patients with 180 days of followup continued to experience decreased heparin sulfates (HS) in the central nervous system, reduced total GAGs (sugars) in the urine and reduced liver and spleen volumes. Most importantly, these two patients are experiencing early signs of stabilized or improved neurocognitive measures." (2/17/2017)
- Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We are reiterating our Overweight rating and $21 price target on shares of ABEO this morning, following initial cognitive and behavioral assessment data presented at the 13th Annual WORLDSymposium' meeting in San Diego, California. We believe data from the Phase 1/2 study in patients treated with low-dose ABO-102 demonstrate functional evidence of ABO-102's benefit across several cognitive and behavioral domains. Encouraged by ABO-102's emerging profile, we believe the study's second cohort, treating younger patients at a higher dose, will provide more information on the drug's clinical benefit." (2/17/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "ABO-102 Ph1/2 longer follow-up data in MPS IIIA at WORLDSymposium showed continued reduction in CSF GAG at 6 mon (n=2), while urinary GAG reduction appeared to plateau. Early sign of neurocognitive benefits was shown at 6mon (measured by Leiter-3), which we see as encouraging. We see potentially further improvement with longer follow-up based on KOL feedback." (2/17/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Abeona Therapeutics, Inc. is engaged in developing and delivering gene therapy and plasma-based products for rare diseases. Abeona Therapeutics Inc., formerly known as PlasmaTech Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., is based in Dallas, United States. " (2/8/2017)
Who owns Abeona Therapeutics stock?
Abeona Therapeutics' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Soros Fund Management LLC (2.24%), Perceptive Advisors LLC (2.11%), Opaleye Management Inc. (1.00%), Kavi Asset Management LP (0.91%), Royce & Associates LP (0.78%) and Allianz Asset Management AG (0.12%). Company insiders that own Abeona Therapeutics stock include Mark J Ahn and Todd Wider.
Who sold Abeona Therapeutics stock? Who is selling Abeona Therapeutics stock?
Abeona Therapeutics' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Soros Fund Management LLC and Royce & Associates LP.
Who bought Abeona Therapeutics stock? Who is buying Abeona Therapeutics stock?
Abeona Therapeutics' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Perceptive Advisors LLC, Kavi Asset Management LP, Opaleye Management Inc., Allianz Asset Management AG, GLG Partners LP, Tudor Investment Corp Et Al and A.R.T. Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have bought Abeona Therapeutics stock in the last two years include Mark J Ahn and Todd Wider.
How do I buy Abeona Therapeutics stock?
Shares of Abeona Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Abeona Therapeutics stock cost?
One share of Abeona Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.10.