About American Superconductor Corporation
American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC) is a provider of megawatt-scale solutions. The Company operates through two segments: Wind and Grid. Through the Company's Windtec Solutions brand, the Wind business segment enables manufacturers to field wind turbines. Through the Company's Gridtec Solutions, the Grid business segment enables electric utilities and renewable energy project developers to connect, transmit and distribute power. AMSC supplies power electronics and control systems, licenses its engineered wind turbine designs and provides customer support services to wind turbine manufacturers. The Company provides a range of power electronics and software-based control systems. AMSC provides transmission planning services that enable it to identify power grid congestion and other risks. The Company also sells grid interconnection solutions for wind farms and solar power plants, power quality systems, and transmission and distribution cable systems.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Industrial Electrical Equipment
- Sub-Industry: Electrical Components & Equipment
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AMSC
- CUSIP: 03011110
- Previous Close: $6.74
- 50 Day Moving Average: $7.06
- 200 Day Moving Average: $7.29
- 52-Week Range: $5.84 - $12.50
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -5.81
- P/E Growth: -0.11
- Market Cap: $94.13M
- Outstanding Shares: 14,219,000
- Beta: 1.2
- Net Margins: -27.52%
- Return on Equity: -34.65%
- Return on Assets: -20.42%
Companies Related to American Superconductor Corporation:
- Current Ratio: 1.68%
- Quick Ratio: 1.17%
What is American Superconductor Corporation's stock symbol?
American Superconductor Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMSC."
Where is American Superconductor Corporation's stock going? Where will American Superconductor Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
4 equities research analysts have issued 12 month target prices for American Superconductor Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $10.00 to $12.00. On average, they expect American Superconductor Corporation's stock price to reach $11.00 in the next twelve months.
When will American Superconductor Corporation announce their earnings?
American Superconductor Corporation is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, February, 7th 2017.
What are analysts saying about American Superconductor Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about American Superconductor Corporation stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "American Superconductor Corporation is a leading energy technologies company. The company develops and sells a wide range of products and solutions based on power electronic systems and high temperature superconductor wires that dramatically improve the efficiency, reliability and quality of electricity during its generation, transmission, distribution and use. The company is a dominant force in alternative energy, offering grid interconnection solutions as well as licensed wind energy designs and electrical systems. As the world's principal supplier of HTS wire, AMSC is enabling a new generation of compact, high-power electrical products, including power cables, grid-level surge protectors, motors, generators, and advanced transportation and defense systems. AMSC also provides utility and industrial customers worldwide with voltage regulation systems that dramatically enhance power grid capacity, reliability and security, as well as industrial productivity. " (2/2/2017)
- FBR & Co analysts commented, "On January 27, after the market close, AMSC announced preliminary F3Q16 results with revenue between $26 million and $27 million (versus guidance of $23 million to $25 million) and net loss between $2.5 million and $3.0 million (versus a net loss of less than $8 million). The preliminary results exceeded our prior revenue estimate of $24.2 million and net loss estimate of $8.4 million. The company also announced an ATM agreement under which the company could raise up to $10 million to fund product development for grid products, to collateralize performance bonds on future customer contracts, as well as for working capital. We believe activity using the company's superconductor wire in new solutions such as its resilient electric grid (REG) solution is beginning to heat up and is the main reason for putting the ATM in place." (1/30/2017)
Who owns American Superconductor Corporation stock?
American Superconductor Corporation's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Renaissance Technologies LLC (3.00%), State Street Corp (1.08%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.25%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.15%) and Moloney Securities Asset Management LLC (0.11%). Company insiders that own American Superconductor Corporation stock include David A Henry, David R Oliver, Jr, James F Maguire and John Vander Sande.
Who bought American Superconductor Corporation stock? Who is buying American Superconductor Corporation stock?
American Superconductor Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., Moloney Securities Asset Management LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC and State Street Corp.
How do I buy American Superconductor Corporation stock?
Shares of American Superconductor Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of American Superconductor Corporation stock cost?
One share of American Superconductor Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $6.62.