About Brighthouse Financial (NASDAQ:BHF)
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. provides a range of annuity and life insurance products in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Annuities, Life, and Run-off. It offers variable, fixed, index-linked, and income annuities for contract holders' needs for protected wealth accumulation on a tax-deferred basis, wealth transfer, and income security; and term, whole, universal, and variable life insurance products for policyholders' needs for financial security and protected wealth transfer. The company was founded in 2016 and is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Life insurance
Trailing P/E RatioN/A
Forward P/E Ratio5.26
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$6.84 billion
Price / Sales0.79
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$121.73 per share
Price / Book0.37
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)N/A
Return on Equity5.93%
Return on Assets0.39%
Brighthouse Financial (NASDAQ:BHF) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Brighthouse Financial's stock symbol?
Brighthouse Financial trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "BHF."
How were Brighthouse Financial's earnings last quarter?
Brighthouse Financial (NASDAQ:BHF) posted its quarterly earnings data on Monday, May, 7th. The company reported $2.36 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $2.03 by $0.33. The business earned $2.15 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.07 billion. Brighthouse Financial had a positive return on equity of 5.93% and a negative net margin of 1.25%. View Brighthouse Financial's Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for BHF?
17 Wall Street analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Brighthouse Financial's shares. Their forecasts range from $40.50 to $77.00. On average, they expect Brighthouse Financial's stock price to reach $62.90 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Brighthouse Financial.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Brighthouse Financial stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Brighthouse Financial stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Brighthouse Financial, Inc. provides life insurance and annuity solutions primarily in the United States. The Company offers shield, variable, guaranteed, income, and fixed annuities as well as life insurance, retirement planning and financial advisory services. Brighthouse Financial, Inc. is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. " (5/21/2018)
- 2. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "We still believe the central issue on the stock is when BHF will reach a variable annuity (VA) asset level equal to CTE95 plus $3 billion, because at that point the company can begin returning capital. The S&P 500 is down for the year (-0.66% YTD) and the increased volatility in equity markets could correspond with increase hedge costs and breakage likelihood but we expect the current variable annuity asset level should still be flat to slightly positive versus the level at year-end 2017 given much higher interest rates (UST 10-year at 2.86% versus 2.43% at the end of December 2017). We expect BHF will update its sensitivity tables versus equity and interest rate in its 10-K filing at the latest. What we liked. 1) Annuity sales were up 32.7% year-over-year and on 26.3% on a linked quarter basis. 2) Variable annuity asset level increased to CTE95 plus $2.6 billion, closer to its goal of CTE95 plus $3.0 billion." (2/12/2018)
Who are some of Brighthouse Financial's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Brighthouse Financial include Legal & General Group (LGEN), HANNOVER RUECK/S (HVRRY), AMP (AMP), OLD Mut PLC/ADR (ODMTY), Lincoln National (LNC), AEGON (AEG), Torchmark (TMK), Athene (ATH), Reinsurance Group of America (RGA), Voya Financial (VOYA), SONY Finl HOLDI/ADR (SNYFY), Scor (SCRYY), Primerica (PRI), American Equity Investment Life (AEL) and American National Insurance (ANAT).
Who are Brighthouse Financial's key executives?
Brighthouse Financial's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Eric Thomas Steigerwalt, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 56)
- Mr. Anant Bhalla, Exec. VP & CFO (Age 39)
- Mr. Peter Martin Carlson CPA, Exec. VP & COO (Age 54)
- Mr. John Lloyd Rosenthal, Exec. VP & Chief Investment Officer (Age 57)
- Ms. Christine Marie DeBiase, Exec. VP, Chief Admin. Officer & Gen. Counsel (Age 50)
Has Brighthouse Financial been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about BHF stock have been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern. The research group scores the sentiment of press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Brighthouse Financial earned a coverage optimism score of 0.11 on Accern's scale. They also gave media stories about the company an impact score of 46.55 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the near term.
Who are Brighthouse Financial's major shareholders?
Brighthouse Financial's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (5.71%), Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. (3.08%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (1.91%), Northern Trust Corp (0.83%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.68%) and Guggenheim Capital LLC (0.67%). Company insiders that own Brighthouse Financial stock include C Edward Chaplin and Lynn A Dumais. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Brighthouse Financial.
Which major investors are selling Brighthouse Financial stock?
Which major investors are buying Brighthouse Financial stock?
BHF stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Northern Trust Corp, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Guggenheim Capital LLC, State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D and EJF Capital LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Brighthouse Financial.
How do I buy shares of Brighthouse Financial?
Shares of BHF can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Brighthouse Financial's stock price today?
One share of BHF stock can currently be purchased for approximately $45.05.
How big of a company is Brighthouse Financial?
Brighthouse Financial has a market capitalization of $5.40 billion and generates $6.84 billion in revenue each year. Brighthouse Financial employs 1,260 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Brighthouse Financial?
Brighthouse Financial's mailing address is 11225 N COMMUNITY HOUSE ROAD, CHARLOTTE NC, 28277. The company can be reached via phone at 980-365-7100 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Brighthouse Financial (BHF)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Brighthouse Financial and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe BHF will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe BHF will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.