About Carolina Financial (NASDAQ:CARO)
Carolina Financial Corporation operates as a holding company for CresCom Bank that provides a range of commercial and retail banking financial services in South Carolina and North Carolina. The company operates through three segments: Community Banking, Wholesale Mortgage Banking, and Other. It offers checking accounts, commercial accounts, savings accounts, money market accounts, retirement accounts, longer-term certificates of deposit, noninterest-bearing demand accounts, and interest-bearing demand accounts to individuals, businesses, associations, organizations, and governmental authorities. The company also provides commercial and residential real estate mortgage loans, real estate construction loans, commercial and industrial loans, commercial leases, and consumer loans to individuals, small to medium-sized businesses, and professional firms. In addition, it offers mortgage banking services comprising correspondent lending and loan servicing. The company operates through a network of 62 full service branches and 2 loan production offices located in South and North Carolina. Carolina Financial Corporation was incorporated in 1996 and is based in Charleston, South Carolina.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry State commercial banks
Trailing P/E Ratio21.06
Forward P/E Ratio14.72
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$129 million
Price / Sales7.02
Cash Flow$2.0472 per share
Price / Cash20.99
Book Value$22.61 per share
Price / Book1.90
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$2.04
Net Income$28.56 million
Return on Equity11.38%
Return on Assets1.50%
Carolina Financial (NASDAQ:CARO) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Carolina Financial's stock symbol?
Carolina Financial trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CARO."
How often does Carolina Financial pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Carolina Financial?
Carolina Financial announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, May 1st. Stockholders of record on Friday, June 15th will be given a dividend of $0.06 per share on Friday, July 6th. This represents a $0.24 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 0.56%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, June 14th. This is a positive change from Carolina Financial's previous quarterly dividend of $0.05. View Carolina Financial's Dividend History.
How were Carolina Financial's earnings last quarter?
Carolina Financial Corp (NASDAQ:CARO) posted its earnings results on Tuesday, May, 1st. The financial services provider reported $0.71 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.64 by $0.07. The financial services provider had revenue of $42.18 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $42.05 million. Carolina Financial had a return on equity of 11.38% and a net margin of 18.31%. View Carolina Financial's Earnings History.
When is Carolina Financial's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for CARO?
5 analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Carolina Financial's shares. Their forecasts range from $38.00 to $46.00. On average, they expect Carolina Financial's stock price to reach $42.60 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Carolina Financial.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Carolina Financial stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Carolina Financial stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Carolina Financial Corporation is the holding company of CresCom Bank. It operates through three reportable segments: Community Banking, Wholesale Mortgage Banking, and other. Its deposit products include checking accounts, commercial accounts, savings accounts, retirement accounts, and other time deposits. The company's loan portfolio comprises loans to small and medium-sized businesses, residential and commercial construction and development loans, commercial real estate loans, residential mortgage loans, residential lot loans, home equity loans, and consumer loans. The company also offers mortgage banking services comprising correspondent lending and loan servicing; and cash management services. Carolina Financial Corporation is based in Charleston, South Carolina. " (6/6/2018)
- 2. Brean Capital analysts commented, "We calculate another operating beat, this time by 8%, which leads us to increase our estimates and target price. With the First South conversion complete and healthy pipelines going into Q2, we continue to believe CARO is well-positioned for organic growth as market demographics and M&A dislocation are providing attractive opportunities. While there are headwinds around deposit betas and some irrational loan pricing in select markets, we believe CARO’s disciplined underwriting and its position as the 2nd-largest community bank in the Carolinas should allow the company to more effectively navigate the highly competitive environment. Organic growth is the primary focus; however, we do expect CARO to engage in additional external growth transactions (whole bank or mortgage servicing) as capital levels build at an accelerated pace. As such, we believe upside remains as we increase our target to $46 from $45, which equates to 14.5x our 2019 EPS and 2.6x Q1’19 TBV vs. less-profitable peers at 13.2x/1.9x." (5/7/2018)
Who are some of Carolina Financial's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Carolina Financial include Bank of Hawaii (BOH), Cathay General Bancorp (CATY), Glacier Bancorp (GBCI), South State (SSB), Columbia Banking System (COLB), Bancorpsouth Bank (BXS), International Bancshares (IBOC), Union Bankshares (UBSH), United Community Bank (UCBI), Great Western Bancorp (GWB), CVB Financial (CVBF), First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK), TowneBank (TOWN), Renasant (RNST) and ServisFirst Bancshares (SFBS).
Who are Carolina Financial's key executives?
Carolina Financial's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Jerold L. Rexroad CPA, CEO, Pres & Director (Age 58)
- Mr. David L. Morrow, Exec. VP & Director (Age 68)
- Mr. Melton J. Huggins III, Exec. VP & Sec. (Age 55)
- Mr. William A. Gehman III, Exec. VP & CFO (Age 57)
- Mr. Fowler C. Williams, Pres & Director of Crescent Mortgage Company (Age 43)
Has Carolina Financial been receiving favorable news coverage?
News coverage about CARO stock has been trending somewhat negative this week, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. Accern scores the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Carolina Financial earned a coverage optimism score of -0.13 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media stories about the financial services provider an impact score of 45.69 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the next few days.
Who are Carolina Financial's major shareholders?
Carolina Financial's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (6.06%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.44%), The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (1.24%), Mendon Capital Advisors Corp (1.08%), Northern Trust Corp (0.98%) and Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC (0.91%). Company insiders that own Carolina Financial stock include Daniel H Isaac Jr, Fowler C Williams, Jeffery L Deal, Jerry L Rexroad, M J Huggins III, Michael P Leddy, Robert M Moise, W Scott Brandon and William A Gehman III. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Carolina Financial.
Which major investors are selling Carolina Financial stock?
CARO stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Banc Funds Co. LLC, RMB Capital Management LLC, Lincoln National Corp, Mendon Capital Advisors Corp, New York State Common Retirement Fund, Opus Capital Group LLC, Gendell Jeffrey L and Penn Capital Management Co. Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Carolina Financial company stock in the last year include Fowler C Williams, Jeffery L Deal, Jerry L Rexroad, M J Huggins III, Robert M Moise, W Scott Brandon and William A Gehman III. View Insider Buying and Selling for Carolina Financial.
Which major investors are buying Carolina Financial stock?
CARO stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Millennium Management LLC, WINTON GROUP Ltd, Nuveen Asset Management LLC, Eaton Vance Management, Summit Global Investments and Employees Retirement System of Texas. Company insiders that have bought Carolina Financial stock in the last two years include Daniel H Isaac Jr and W Scott Brandon. View Insider Buying and Selling for Carolina Financial.
How do I buy shares of Carolina Financial?
Shares of CARO can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Carolina Financial's stock price today?
One share of CARO stock can currently be purchased for approximately $42.97.
How big of a company is Carolina Financial?
Carolina Financial has a market capitalization of $905.46 million and generates $129 million in revenue each year. The financial services provider earns $28.56 million in net income (profit) each year or $2.04 on an earnings per share basis. Carolina Financial employs 770 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Carolina Financial?
Carolina Financial's mailing address is 288 MEETING STREET, CHARLESTON SC, 29401. The financial services provider can be reached via phone at 843-723-7700 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Carolina Financial (CARO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Carolina Financial and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe CARO will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe CARO will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.