About CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY)
CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on developing therapies to treat metabolic diseases, including serious rare and orphan diseases. The Company's product candidates include Arhalofenate, MBX-8025 and MBX-2982. Arhalofenate is used to treat gout. MBX-8025 is a selective agonist for the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta (PPARd). The Company has completed over five Phase I clinical studies and a Phase II clinical study for MBX-8025. MBX-2982 is an oral, G-protein coupled receptor agonist being evaluated as a therapeutic agent for patients with Type 2 diabetes (T2DM), with a dual mechanism, including direct effects and indirect effects mediated by gastrointestinal hormones known as incretins on glucose-dependent insulin secretion, as well as potentially beneficial effects on islet health. The Company has completed over four Phase I clinical studies and a Phase II clinical study for MBX-2982.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CBAY
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $3.56
- 50 Day Moving Average: $3.99
- 200 Day Moving Average: $2.53
- 52-Week Range: $1.15 - $4.44
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -3.43
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Market Cap: $96.61M
- Outstanding Shares: 28,752,000
- Beta: 1.17
- Return on Equity: -136.00%
- Return on Assets: -76.09%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.67%
- Current Ratio: 3.16%
- Quick Ratio: 3.16%
Companies Related to CymaBay Therapeutics:
Earnings History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)Earnings History by Quarter for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/9/2017|| || || || || || || || |
Earnings Estimates for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.98)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 5.00%Insider Trades by Quarter for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 27.88%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/6/2016||Robert James Wills||Director||Buy||25,000||$2.43||$60,750.00|| |
|4/15/2016||Charles Mcwherter||VP||Buy||3,000||$1.68||$5,040.00|| |
|4/5/2016||Sujal Shah||CFO||Buy||55,000||$1.39||$76,450.00|| |
|4/4/2016||Sujal Shah||CFO||Buy||22,000||$1.39||$30,580.00|| |
|9/11/2015||Carl Goldfischer||Director||Sell||46,729||$2.74||$128,037.46|| |
|8/14/2015||Emster Kurt Von||Director||Buy||90,000||$2.69||$242,100.00|| |
|7/20/2015||Emster Kurt Von||Director||Buy||1,600,000||$2.81||$4,496,000.00|| |
|5/18/2015||Sujal Shah||CFO||Buy||10,000||$3.40||$34,000.00|| |
|5/18/2015||Wart Harold Van||CEO||Buy||7,500||$3.34||$25,050.00|| |
|5/15/2015||Charles Mcwherter||VP||Buy||2,000||$3.16||$6,320.00|| |
Headline Trends for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
Latest Headlines for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
|CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Earns Media Impact Score of 0.13|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 25 at 12:38 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Earns Daily Media Impact Rating of -0.12|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 18 at 1:38 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Earns Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.57|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 15 at 7:30 AM
| Analysts Expect CymaBay Therapeutics Inc (CBAY) Will Announce Earnings of -$0.27 Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 13 at 10:24 PM
|CymaBay to Present Data from its Phase 2 Proof-of-Concept Study of Seladelpar in Patients With Primary Biliary Cholangitis at the EASL Liver Meeting 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - April 13 at 4:17 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics Inc (CBAY) Downgraded by Zacks Investment Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 3 at 5:43 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics to Present at Two Investor Conferences in April|
finance.yahoo.com - March 30 at 4:36 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics Inc (CBAY) Price Target Raised to $6.50 at Piper Jaffray Companies|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 30 at 10:16 AM
|CYMABAY THERAPEUTICS, INC. Financials|
finance.yahoo.com - March 29 at 4:32 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) CEO Harold Van Wart to Retire - StreetInsider.com|
www.streetinsider.com - March 29 at 12:28 PM
|CymaBay Announces the Retirement of President and Chief Executive Officer, Harold Van Wart, Ph.D.|
finance.yahoo.com - March 29 at 12:28 PM
|8:01 am CymaBay Therapeutics announces that Harold Van Wart will retire as CEO; Sujal Shah named as interim CEO|
finance.yahoo.com - March 29 at 12:28 PM
|CYMABAY THERAPEUTICS, INC. Files SEC form 8-K, Change in Directors or Principal Officers|
biz.yahoo.com - March 29 at 12:28 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics Inc (CBAY) Price Target Raised to $7.00 at HC Wainwright|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 27 at 7:36 PM
|Piper Jaffray Companies Raises CymaBay Therapeutics Inc (CBAY) Price Target to $6.50|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 24 at 11:38 AM
|After-Hours Earnings Report for March 23, 2017 : MU, GME, KBH, ENV, OXM, SCVL, UPLD, SPWH, CBAY, NBY, VSTM ... - Nasdaq|
www.nasdaq.com - March 24 at 2:36 AM
|Q4 2016 CymaBay Therapeutics Inc Earnings Release - Time Not Supplied|
biz.yahoo.com - March 23 at 4:33 PM
|CymaBay Reports Fourth Quarter and Year End 2016 Financial Results|
finance.yahoo.com - March 23 at 4:33 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics Inc (CBAY) Scheduled to Post Quarterly Earnings on Thursday|
www.americanbankingnews.com - March 22 at 7:34 AM
|Research Reports Coverage on Biotech Stocks -- VIVUS, Ultragenyx ... - PR Newswire (press release)|
www.prnewswire.com - March 18 at 5:25 AM
|Will Cymabay Therapeutics (CBAY) Continue to Surge Higher?|
finance.yahoo.com - March 15 at 4:29 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics to Present at Two Investor Conferences in March|
finance.yahoo.com - March 9 at 4:45 PM
|Progenics Pharmaceuticals (PGNX) in Focus: Stock Gains 8.3%|
www.zacks.com - February 28 at 9:16 AM
|Can The Uptrend Continue for Cymabay Therapeutics (CBAY)?|
finance.yahoo.com - February 14 at 4:52 PM
|Cerner's EHR Platform to Enhance Health Care at San Juan NGO|
finance.yahoo.com - February 13 at 4:46 PM
|5 Breakout Stocks for Superior Returns|
finance.yahoo.com - February 10 at 3:47 PM
|Cymabay Therapeutics (CBAY) Rises: Stock Moves 9.2% Higher|
finance.yahoo.com - February 9 at 4:28 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Prices 5.2M Offering of Common Stock at $1.93/Share - StreetInsider.com|
www.streetinsider.com - February 3 at 4:24 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Prices 5.2M Offering of Common Stock at $1.93/Share|
www.streetinsider.com - February 2 at 4:25 PM
|CymaBay Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock|
us.rd.yahoo.com - February 2 at 4:25 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Plans Public Offering of Common Stock|
www.streetinsider.com - February 2 at 2:25 AM
|After-Hours Stock Movers 02/01: (MJN) (ESIO) (FB) Higher; (AVIR) (SFLY) (MLNX) Lower (more...)|
www.streetinsider.com - February 1 at 9:25 PM
|4:02 pm CymaBay Therapeutics announces that it intends to offer and sell shares of its common stock; size not disclosed|
us.rd.yahoo.com - February 1 at 9:25 PM
|CymaBay Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock|
finance.yahoo.com - February 1 at 4:24 PM
|CymaBay Therapeutics upgraded by H.C. Wainwright|
finance.yahoo.com - January 30 at 4:11 PM
Frequently Asked Questions for CymaBay Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CBAY)
What is CymaBay Therapeutics' stock symbol?
CymaBay Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CBAY."
How were CymaBay Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
CymaBay Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:CBAY) released its earnings results on Thursday, March, 23rd. The company reported ($0.30) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.28) by $0.02.
When will CymaBay Therapeutics make its next earnings announcement?
CymaBay Therapeutics is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 9th 2017.
Where is CymaBay Therapeutics' stock going? Where will CymaBay Therapeutics' stock price be in 2017?
3 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price targets for CymaBay Therapeutics' shares. Their predictions range from $6.50 to $7.00. On average, they anticipate CymaBay Therapeutics' share price to reach $6.75 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about CymaBay Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about CymaBay Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "CymaBay Therapeutics Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. It is focused on the development and commercialization of proprietary new medicines for important human diseases. The Company's lead product candidate, arhalofenate, is being developed for the treatment of gout. CymaBay Therapeutics Inc. is based in Newark, California. " (4/3/2017)
- 2. HC Wainwright analysts commented, " Recall, on December 7, CymaBay initiated an open-label, dose-ranging Phase 2 study (NCT02955602) of seladelpar (MBX-8025) in about 36 patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) who are not adequately responding to, or are intolerant of, ursodeoxycholic acid (UCDA). Notably, the study sites are located in U.S., Canada, Germany and the U.K. Per protocol, patients are randomized to either 5 mg or 10 mg for 8 weeks. Based on review of the safety and efficacy of the 8 week data, new patients are then enrolled to receive 25 mg of seladelpar for 8 weeks. We also point out that the study incorporates an extension phase where patients are able to continue treatment for a total of 26 weeks, thus allowing for dose adjustments. In this trial, the primary endpoint is the reduction of alkaline phosphate (ALP) from baseline. Preliminary results from the first two cohorts (5 mg and 10 mg) are expected in early 3Q17 (likely July), with data readout of the third cohort (25 mg) anticipated by year end. Ahead of this important, near-term value inflection, we affirm our Buy rating on CBAY shares and raise our price target to $7." (3/27/2017)
- 3. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "CymaBay ended 2016 with cash of $17 million, and subsequently CymaBay received $5 million upfront from Kowa in January and raised net proceeds of $9.2 million in February bringing pro forma cash to ~$31 million. CymaBay will report Phase II data on 5mg and 10mg seladelpar in primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) in 3Q:17 followed by 25mg seladelpar data in 4Q:17. We will look for ALP reduction with enhanced liver safety following 3 transaminase elevations at higher doses in the prior study. Encouraging preclinical data for seladelpar in NASH could lead to a pre-IND meeting with the FDA in 2Q:17. CymaBay has partnered Phase III-ready arhalophenate with Kowa in the U.S., and could partner in Europe. We reiterate our Overweight rating and are increasing our price target to $6.50 from $5 by adding value for seladelpar in NASH." (3/24/2017)
Who owns CymaBay Therapeutics stock?
CymaBay Therapeutics' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Versant Venture Management LLC (3.65%) and Acadian Asset Management LLC (0.10%). Company insiders that own CymaBay Therapeutics stock include Carl Goldfischer, Charles Mcwherter, Emster Kurt Von, Robert James Wills, Sujal Shah and Wart Harold Van.
Who bought CymaBay Therapeutics stock? Who is buying CymaBay Therapeutics stock?
CymaBay Therapeutics' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Acadian Asset Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought CymaBay Therapeutics stock in the last two years include Charles Mcwherter, Emster Kurt Von, Robert James Wills, Sujal Shah and Wart Harold Van.
How do I buy CymaBay Therapeutics stock?
Shares of CymaBay Therapeutics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of CymaBay Therapeutics stock cost?
One share of CymaBay Therapeutics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $3.36.
CymaBay Therapeutics (CBAY) Chart for Thursday, April, 27, 2017