About Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)
Coherent, Inc. is a photonics manufacturer. The Company is engaged in designing, manufacturing, servicing and marketing of lasers and related accessories for a range of scientific, commercial and industrial applications. It operates through two segments: Specialty Lasers and Systems (SLS) and Commercial Lasers and Components (CLC). SLS develops and manufactures configurable products serving the microelectronics, scientific research and government programs, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) components and instrumentation markets. The Commercial Lasers and Components segment focuses on higher volume products that are offered in set configurations. The product architectures are designed for exchange at the point of use such that substantially all product service and repairs are based upon advanced replacement and depot (that is factory) repair. CLC's primary markets include materials processing, OEM components, and instrumentation and microelectronics.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductors
- Sub-Industry: Electronic Equipment & Instruments
- Symbol: NASDAQ:COHR
- CUSIP: 19247910
- Web: www.coherent.com
- Market Cap: $6.45 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 24,631,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $247.84
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $237.23
- 52 Week Range: $100.01 - $281.00
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 39.42
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.12
- P/E Growth: 0.40
- Annual Revenue: $1.48 billion
- Price / Sales: 4.36
- Book Value: $43.36 per share
- Price / Book: 6.04
- EBITDA: $403.41 million
- Net Margins: 11.08%
- Return on Equity: 24.98%
- Return on Assets: 12.59%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.61%
- Current Ratio: 3.33%
- Quick Ratio: 2.26%
- Average Volume: 560,283 shs.
- Beta: 0.78
- Short Ratio: 1.89
Frequently Asked Questions for Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)
What is Coherent's stock symbol?
Coherent trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "COHR."
How were Coherent's earnings last quarter?
Coherent, Inc. (NASDAQ:COHR) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, August, 1st. The company reported $3.36 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $3.45 by $0.09. The firm earned $464.10 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $466.90 million. Coherent had a net margin of 11.08% and a return on equity of 24.98%. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 112.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $1.07 earnings per share. View Coherent's Earnings History.
When will Coherent make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Coherent's stock going? Where will Coherent's stock price be in 2017?
8 brokerages have issued 1 year price objectives for Coherent's stock. Their forecasts range from $270.00 to $325.00. On average, they anticipate Coherent's stock price to reach $296.13 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Coherent.
What are analysts saying about Coherent stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Coherent stock:
- 1. Benchmark Co. analysts commented, "We believe it is likely that Apple will employ OLED displays in all its iPhones by no later than 2019 and that other smartphone manufacturers will shift to OLED displays during this period." (10/12/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Coherent, Inc. is a photonics manufacturer. The Company is engaged in designing, manufacturing, servicing and marketing of lasers and related accessories for a range of scientific, commercial and industrial applications. It operates through two segments: Specialty Lasers and Systems (SLS) and Commercial Lasers and Components (CLC). SLS develops and manufactures configurable products serving the microelectronics, scientific research and government programs, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) components and instrumentation markets. The Commercial Lasers and Components segment focuses on higher volume products that are offered in set configurations. The product architectures are designed for exchange at the point of use such that substantially all product service and repairs are based upon advanced replacement and depot (that is factory) repair. CLC's primary markets include materials processing, OEM components, and instrumentation and microelectronics. " (10/3/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "We hosted COHR mgmt. at a series of investor meetings late last week in the mid-Atlantic. We came away from the meetings incrementally more positive about the business over the next year. We believe there is the potential for COHR's display business to provide upside both from stronger equipment sales as well as a more rapid ramp in the service portion of the business. Beyond this key area of the business, where most investor interest has been focused, we have become more optimistic about upside opportunities in the materials processing market, benefiting from what we expect will be a stronger contribution from the recently acquired Rofin business. We are tweaking our F18 estimates higher while maintaining our aboveconsensus estimate for F17. COHR shares remain attractively valued, in our view. We reiterate our Buy." (3/13/2017)
Who are some of Coherent's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Coherent include Freescale Semiconductor Ltd (FSL), Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX), Marvell Technology Group (MRVL), ON Semiconductor Corporation (ON), Arrow Electronics (ARW), United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMI), Microsemi Corporation (MSCC), Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY), Jabil Circuit (JBL), Siliconware Precision Industries (SPIL), Cavium (CAVM), Monolithic Power Systems (MPWR), Silicon Laboratories (SLAB), Integrated Device Technology (IDTI), Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS), Cree (CREE) and Vishay Intertechnology (VSH).
Who are Coherent's key executives?
Coherent's management team includes the folowing people:
- Garry W. Rogerson Ph.D., Independent Chairman of the Board
- John R. Ambroseo Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Kevin S. Palatnik, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Luis A. Spinelli, Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
- Bret M. DiMarco, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Mark Stewart Sobey Ph.D., Executive Vice President, General Manager - Specialty Laser Systems
- Paul F. Sechrist, Executive Vice President - Worldwide Sales and Service
- Pamela Fletcher, Director
- Jay T. Flatley, Independent Director
- Susan M. James CPA, Independent Director
Who owns Coherent stock?
Coherent's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Skylands Capital LLC (0.65%), Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.09%), State Treasurer State of Michigan (0.04%) and Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. (0.02%). Company insiders that own Coherent stock include Bret Dimarco, Garry W Rogerson, John Ambroseo, L William Krause, Luis Spinelli, Mark Stewart Sobey, Paul F Sechrist, Stephen A Skaggs and Susan M James. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Coherent.
Who sold Coherent stock? Who is selling Coherent stock?
Coherent's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Treasurer State of Michigan. Company insiders that have sold Coherent stock in the last year include Bret Dimarco, Garry W Rogerson, John Ambroseo, Luis Spinelli, Mark Stewart Sobey and Stephen A Skaggs. View Insider Buying and Selling for Coherent.
Who bought Coherent stock? Who is buying Coherent stock?
Coherent's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Skylands Capital LLC, Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. and Mutual of America Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Coherent.
How do I buy Coherent stock?
Shares of Coherent can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Coherent's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Coherent (NASDAQ COHR)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Coherent and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Coherent stock can currently be purchased for approximately $261.80.
Earnings History for Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)Earnings History by Quarter for Coherent (NASDAQ COHR)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017||Q3 2017||$3.45||$3.36||$466.90 million||$464.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q2 2017||$2.55||$2.71||$404.36 million||$422.80 million||View||Listen|
|2/7/2017||Q217||$1.76||$2.57||$316.98 million||$346.10 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q416||$1.52||$1.65||$241.76 million||$248.50 million||View||N/A|
|7/27/2016||Q316||$1.11||$1.07||$211.94 million||$218.80 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2016||Q216||$0.99||$1.04||$197.44 million||$199.90 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q116||$0.89||$0.99||$196.32 million||$190.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2015||Q415||$0.98||$1.12||$210.10 million||$209.60 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$0.68||$0.69||$203.57 million||$188.50 million||View||Listen|
|4/29/2015||Q115||$0.66||$0.94||$202.17 million||$203.72 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2015||Q414||$0.77||$0.87||$196.02 million||$200.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2014||Q4||$0.93||$0.96||$209.44 million||$205.30 million||View||N/A|
|7/30/2014||Q314||$0.80||$0.73||$201.20 million||$196.52 million||View||N/A|
|4/30/2014||Q214||$0.67||$0.68||$200.20 million||$199.20 million||View||N/A|
|1/29/2014||Q114||$0.81||$0.68||$197.43 million||$193.56 million||View||N/A|
|10/30/2013||Q413||$0.87||$1.03||$207.34 million||$213.10 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2013||Q3 2013||$0.83||$0.91||$207.72 million||$213.70 million||View||Listen|
|4/24/2013||Q2 2013||$0.77||$0.84||$198.17 million||$200.10 million||View||N/A|
|1/24/2013||Q1 2013||$0.71||$0.71||$186.55 million||$183.20 million||View||N/A|
|10/31/2012||Q412||$0.85||$0.71||$195.33 million||$188.70 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.42
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $15.30
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History by Quarter for Coherent (NASDAQ COHR)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 90.21%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/12/2017||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||25,000||$250.00||$6,250,000.00|| |
|8/14/2017||Stephen A Skaggs||Director||Sell||500||$217.58||$108,790.00|| |
|5/24/2017||Mark Stewart Sobey||EVP||Sell||4,904||$243.02||$1,191,770.08|| |
|5/22/2017||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||24,970||$248.08||$6,194,557.60|| |
|5/16/2017||Garry W Rogerson||Director||Sell||4,500||$257.03||$1,156,635.00|| |
|5/15/2017||Stephen A Skaggs||Director||Sell||500||$249.48||$124,740.00|| |
|5/5/2017||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||2,903||$225.00||$653,175.00|| |
|11/14/2016||Luis Spinelli||VP||Sell||4,328||$126.02||$545,414.56|| |
|11/9/2016||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||4,951||$120.00||$594,120.00|| |
|11/9/2016||Mark Stewart Sobey||EVP||Sell||4,593||$119.00||$546,567.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||953||$109.75||$104,591.75|| |
|9/21/2016||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||25,979||$110.00||$2,857,690.00|| |
|8/15/2016||Stephen A Skaggs||Director||Sell||500||$108.60||$54,300.00|| |
|8/4/2016||L William Krause||Director||Sell||22,785||$106.10||$2,417,488.50|| |
|8/1/2016||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||1,039||$106.70||$110,861.30|| |
|8/1/2016||Susan M James||Director||Sell||5,000||$106.75||$533,750.00|| |
|5/24/2016||L William Krause||Director||Sell||7,700||$88.55||$681,835.00|| |
|5/18/2016||Luis Spinelli||VP||Sell||3,027||$84.90||$256,992.30|| |
|5/16/2016||L William Krause||Director||Sell||2,000||$86.39||$172,780.00|| |
|5/10/2016||L William Krause||Director||Sell||1,800||$88.15||$158,670.00|| |
|5/4/2016||L William Krause||Director||Sell||10,000||$89.68||$896,800.00|| |
|3/18/2016||Paul F Sechrist||EVP||Sell||19,000||$90.00||$1,710,000.00|| |
|2/17/2016||Paul F Sechrist||EVP||Sell||15,000||$80.00||$1,200,000.00|| |
|2/8/2016||Luis Spinelli||VP||Sell||2,451||$77.46||$189,854.46|| |
|11/10/2015||Luis Spinelli||VP||Sell||5,500||$63.40||$348,700.00|| |
|2/17/2015||Susan M James||Director||Sell||3,500||$64.78||$226,730.00|| |
|2/4/2015||Luis Spinelli||VP||Sell||5,500||$65.05||$357,775.00|| |
|12/10/2014||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||4,400||$60.00||$264,000.00|| |
|5/5/2014||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||1,808||$60.00||$108,480.00|| |
|2/28/2014||Helene Simonet||CFO||Sell||7,206||$68.72||$495,196.32|| |
|2/28/2014||Luis Spinelli||VP||Sell||3,000||$68.43||$205,290.00|| |
|11/11/2013||Mark Stewart Sobey||EVP||Sell||2,969||$65.21||$193,608.49|| |
|11/7/2013||Lawrence Tomlinson||Director||Sell||2,500||$65.88||$164,700.00|| |
|10/31/2013||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||60,491||$66.26||$4,008,133.66|| |
|10/22/2013||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||2,139||$66.02||$141,216.78|| |
|10/21/2013||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||12,370||$66.07||$817,285.90|| |
|10/11/2013||Helene Simonet||CFO||Sell||4,296||$63.61||$273,268.56|| |
|10/11/2013||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||25,200||$64.04||$1,613,808.00|| |
|9/23/2013||Helene Simonet||CFO||Sell||10,041||$60.25||$604,970.25|| |
|9/11/2013||Helene Simonet||CFO||Sell||8,878||$59.50||$528,241.00|| |
|7/9/2013||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||7,000||$60.00||$420,000.00|| |
|7/9/2013||Paul F Sechrist||EVP||Sell||10,000||$60.00||$600,000.00|| |
|5/28/2013||Bret Dimarco||VP||Sell||2,855||$59.00||$168,445.00|| |
|2/14/2013||Helene Simonet||CFO||Sell||12,957||$59.05||$765,110.85|| |
|12/3/2012||Garry W Rogerson||Director||Sell||6,000||$46.06||$276,360.00|| |
|11/27/2012||John Ambroseo||CEO||Sell||7,598||$44.53||$338,338.94|| |
Headline Trends for Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)
Latest Headlines for Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Coherent (COHR) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017