About Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)
Galmed Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on the development and commercialization of once-daily, oral therapy for the treatment of liver diseases and cholesterol gallstones utilizing its synthetic fatty-acid/bile-acid conjugate (FABAC), called aramchol. Its product candidate, aramchol, is a disease modifying treatment for fatty liver disorders, including Non-Alcoholic Steato-hepatitis (NASH). The Company's Aramchol is a conjugate of cholic acid and arachidic acid, which is a member of synthetic Fatty-Acid/Bile-Acid Conjugates (FABACs). FABACs are composed of endogenic compounds. Aramchol affects liver fat metabolism and has been shown in a Phase IIa clinical study to reduce liver fat content, as well as improve metabolic parameters associated with Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Aramchol is in Phase IIb clinical trials.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GLMD
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.galmedpharma.com
- Market Cap: $110.75 million
- Outstanding Shares: 12,219,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $8.51
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $6.62
- 52 Week Range: $2.78 - $9.59
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -8.12
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $1 million
- Price / Sales: 99.22
- Book Value: $0.51 per share
- Price / Book: 15.92
- EBITDA: ($14,300,000.00)
- Net Margins: -1,443.98%
- Return on Equity: -141.13%
- Return on Assets: -99.09%
- Current Ratio: 2.60%
- Quick Ratio: 2.60%
- Average Volume: 36,764 shs.
- Beta: 2.58
- Short Ratio: 1.86
Frequently Asked Questions for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)
What is Galmed Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Galmed Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GLMD."
How were Galmed Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Galmed Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (NASDAQ:GLMD) issued its quarterly earnings results on Monday, July, 31st. The company reported ($0.22) earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.33) by $0.11. The company earned $0.27 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $0.29 million. Galmed Pharmaceuticals had a negative net margin of 1,443.98% and a negative return on equity of 141.13%. View Galmed Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will Galmed Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Galmed Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will Galmed Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
3 brokers have issued 1 year price objectives for Galmed Pharmaceuticals' stock. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $19.00. On average, they expect Galmed Pharmaceuticals' stock price to reach $17.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Galmed Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about Galmed Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Galmed Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Galmed Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It is focused on developing therapies for liver diseases and gallstones. Galmed Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is based in Tel Aviv, Israel. " (10/11/2017)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Galmed reported a net loss of $4.8 million, or $0.43 per share, for the three months ending on December 31, 2016 (4Q16). Research and development expenses were $4.1 million. The increase primarily resulted from research and development (clinical trial expenses) associated with the completion of enrollment in the ARREST Study. General and administrative expenses were $0.8 million. Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities totaled $15.5 million at quarters end. Galmed highlighted the use of the ATM facility raising ~ $4.5 million." (3/24/2017)
Who are some of Galmed Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Galmed Pharmaceuticals include Cascadian Therapeutics (CASC), OVID THERAPEUTC (OVID), Catalyst Pharmaceuticals (CPRX), Aileron Therapeutics (ALRN), Endocyte (ECYT), OncoCyte Corp (OCX), Clearside Biomedical (CLSD), TOCAGEN INC (TOCA), Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals (SBPH), Fate Therapeutics (FATE), Summit Therapeutics PLC (SMMT), Agile Therapeutics (AGRX), Recro Pharma (REPH), Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM), Cempra (CEMP), Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT), Vascular Biogenics (VBLT) and XBiotech (XBIT).
Who are Galmed Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
Galmed Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Chaim Hurvitz, Chairman of the Board
- Allen Baharaff, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Antony Appleyard, Vice President – Drug Development
- Maureen Graham, Vice President - Regulatory
- George Tonelli, Vice President - Clinical Operations
- Tal Yaron-Eldar, External Director Nominee
- William S. Marth, Independent Director
- Shmuel Nir, Independent Director
How do I buy Galmed Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of Galmed Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Galmed Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ GLMD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Galmed Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Galmed Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $8.12.
Earnings History for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)Earnings History by Quarter for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ GLMD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/31/2017||6/30/2017||($0.33)||($0.22)||$0.29 million||$0.27 million||View||N/A|
|5/15/2017||3/31/2017||($0.39)||($0.26)||$0.29 million||$0.27 million||View||N/A|
|3/23/2017||12/31/2016||($0.30)||($0.40)||$0.22 million||$0.27 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($1.28)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)
Latest Headlines for Galmed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GLMD)
Galmed Pharmaceuticals (GLMD) Chart for Wednesday, October, 18, 2017