Galapagos NV is a Belgium-based biotechnology company. The Company's activities are divided into two operating divisions: Research and Development (R & D) and Services. The R & D division is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecules. The Services division, offers target-to-drug discovery products and services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and to patient foundations, encompassing target discovery and validation, screening and drug discovery through to delivery of pre-clinical candidates. As of December 31, 2011, Galapagos NV was, through its subsidiaries, active in Belgium, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States and Croatia. In April 2014, it sold BioFocus and Argenta service division operations to Charles River Laboratories International.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GLPG
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.glpg.com
- Market Cap: $3.83 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 46,256,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $87.04
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $73.11
- 52 Week Range: $49.43 - $94.88
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 827.90
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -44.04
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $192.7 million
- Price / Sales: 19.87
- Book Value: $17.64 per share
- Price / Book: 4.69
- EBIDTA: ($2,080,000.00)
- Net Margins: -67.15%
- Return on Equity: -8.23%
- Return on Assets: -5.78%
- Current Ratio: 7.42%
- Quick Ratio: 7.42%
- Average Volume: 188,476 shs.
- Beta: 1.85
- Short Ratio: 2.36
Frequently Asked Questions for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
What is Galapagos NV's stock symbol?
Galapagos NV trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GLPG."
Where is Galapagos NV's stock going? Where will Galapagos NV's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokerages have issued 1 year price targets for Galapagos NV's stock. Their predictions range from $48.00 to $87.00. On average, they expect Galapagos NV's share price to reach $70.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Galapagos NV.
What are analysts saying about Galapagos NV stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Galapagos NV stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Galapagos NV is a biotechnology company. The Company's operating segment consists of Research and Development and Services. Research and Development segment is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecules. Services segment offers drug discovery products and services. Its products include GLPG0634 for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, GLPG1205/GLPG1690 for treating inflammatory bowel disease, GSK2586184 for the treatment of chronic immuno-inflammatory diseases and GLPG0974, to prevent free fatty acid-induced activation and migration of neutrophils which are in different clinical trial. Galapagos NV is headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. " (4/24/2017)
- 2. Instinet analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Galapagos (GLPG) with a buy rating and $87 target price. We believe the company's rapidly advancing cystic fibrosis (CF) pipeline, partnered with AbbVie, will drive shares higher in the next 12 months. We also anticipate an increasing focus on filgotinib's opportunity in Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis (UC) in Phase 3 trials, may lead to upside in shares over the next 12-months. In our view, the current valuation is predominantly supported primarily by the blockbuster opportunity for the company's lead oral JAK1 inhibitor, filgotinib (partnered with Gilead), for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis." (3/1/2017)
- 3. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "Galapagos reported positive data from the SAPHIRA1 trial of GLPG1837 in G551D CF." (12/23/2016)
Are investors shorting Galapagos NV?
Galapagos NV saw a increase in short interest during the month of April. As of April 28th, there was short interest totalling 373,445 shares, an increase of 16.2% from the April 13th total of 321,454 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 486,165 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 0.8 days.
Who are some of Galapagos NV's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Galapagos NV include Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY), Exelixis (EXEL), BIO-TECHNE Corp (TECH), Kite Pharma (KITE), Opko Health (OPK), Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR), bluebird bio (BLUE), ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (ACAD), China Biologic Products (CBPO), Puma Biotechnology (PBYI), Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT), Intrexon Corp (XON), SAGE Therapeutics (SAGE), Juno Therapeutics (JUNO), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), Clovis Oncology (CLVS), Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO) and Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND).
When did Galapagos NV IPO?
(GLPG) raised $161 million in an IPO on Thursday, May 14th 2015. The company issued 3,800,000 shares at a price of $42.43 per share. Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and Cowen and Company served as the underwriters for the IPO and Nomura and Bryan, Garnier were co-managers.
Who owns Galapagos NV stock?
Galapagos NV's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (10.00%), EcoR1 Capital LLC (1.19%), Wellington Management Group LLP (0.99%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.67%), Perceptive Advisors LLC (0.59%) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (0.43%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Galapagos NV.
Who sold Galapagos NV stock? Who is selling Galapagos NV stock?
Galapagos NV's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Perceptive Advisors LLC, Citadel Advisors LLC, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Peregrine Capital Management LLC, Morgan Stanley, EcoR1 Capital LLC and P.A.W. Capital Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Galapagos NV.
Who bought Galapagos NV stock? Who is buying Galapagos NV stock?
Galapagos NV's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Clough Capital Partners L P, Wellington Management Group LLP, MARSHALL WACE ASIA Ltd, Marshall Wace North America L.P., Driehaus Capital Management LLC, Bogle Investment Management L P DE and Oxford Asset Management. View Insider Buying and Selling for Galapagos NV.
How do I buy Galapagos NV stock?
Shares of Galapagos NV can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Galapagos NV stock cost?
One share of Galapagos NV stock can currently be purchased for approximately $82.79.
Earnings History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)Earnings History by Quarter for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
Earnings Estimates for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.50 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-1.88 EPS
Dividend History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Latest Headlines for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Galapagos NV (GLPG) Chart for Sunday, May, 28, 2017