About Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Galapagos NV is a Belgium-based biotechnology company. The Company's activities are divided into two operating divisions: Research and Development (R & D) and Services. The R & D division is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecules. The Services division, offers target-to-drug discovery products and services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and to patient foundations, encompassing target discovery and validation, screening and drug discovery through to delivery of pre-clinical candidates. As of December 31, 2011, Galapagos NV was, through its subsidiaries, active in Belgium, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States and Croatia. In April 2014, it sold BioFocus and Argenta service division operations to Charles River Laboratories International.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology & Medical Research
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GLPG
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.glpg.com
- 52 Week Range: $57.16 - $104.12
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -28.24
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Net Margins: -16.29%
- Return on Equity: -3.42%
- Return on Assets: -2.46%
- Current Ratio: 9.83%
- Quick Ratio: 9.83%
Frequently Asked Questions for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
What is Galapagos NV's stock symbol?
Galapagos NV trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GLPG."
When will Galapagos NV make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Galapagos NV's stock going? Where will Galapagos NV's stock price be in 2017?
9 brokers have issued 1 year price objectives for Galapagos NV's shares. Their predictions range from $98.00 to $124.00. On average, they anticipate Galapagos NV's stock price to reach $111.83 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Galapagos NV.
What are analysts saying about Galapagos NV stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Galapagos NV stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Galapagos NV is a biotechnology company. The Company's operating segment consists of Research and Development and Services. Research and Development segment is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecules. Services segment offers drug discovery products and services. Its products include GLPG0634 for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, GLPG1205/GLPG1690 for treating inflammatory bowel disease, GSK2586184 for the treatment of chronic immuno-inflammatory diseases and GLPG0974, to prevent free fatty acid-induced activation and migration of neutrophils which are in different clinical trial. Galapagos NV is headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. " (10/11/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Aurinia reported 2Q17 financial results in an after market close press release." (8/11/2017)
- 3. BTIG Research analysts commented, "Supports Thesis for Minimal Function CF Patients Yesterday, Vertex (VRTX, Not Rated) provided top-line results of the first triplet combination studies for Cystic Fibrosis patients with minimal function mutations, which represents 1/3 of the total patient population. Importantly, the triplet combinations also demonstrated improvements with the F508del homozygous population that exceed the clinical benefit of Orkambi. Overall, this first data for triplet therapies provides positive support for the use of two CFTR correctors within one daily regimen. The results from VRTX’s studies are positive for GLPG’s efforts conceptually, but given GLPG’s limited dataset to date, we continue to think that efforts within CF are a ‘show-me’ story. We maintain our Buy rating and $98 PT. X-440 and VX-152 Triplet Combinations set a new hurdle rate for clinical efficacy: Although the timespans were relatively short, with 29 days studied with VX-440 and 15 days with VX-152, the +9.5% and +7.3% respective improvements of ppFEV1 are impressive within the F508del homozygous population given the study design had a 4 week run-in period with tezacaftor and ivacaftor. Furthermore, the statistically significant improvements in ppFEV1 in both VX-440 and VX-152 studies within the F508del/Min patient population is unprecedented, underscored by the previous failure of the tezacaftor + ivacaftor combination study." (7/20/2017)
- 4. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "GLPG provided a broad pipeline update at an R&D day." (6/21/2017)
- 5. Instinet analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Galapagos (GLPG) with a buy rating and $87 target price. We believe the company's rapidly advancing cystic fibrosis (CF) pipeline, partnered with AbbVie, will drive shares higher in the next 12 months. We also anticipate an increasing focus on filgotinib's opportunity in Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis (UC) in Phase 3 trials, may lead to upside in shares over the next 12-months. In our view, the current valuation is predominantly supported primarily by the blockbuster opportunity for the company's lead oral JAK1 inhibitor, filgotinib (partnered with Gilead), for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis." (3/1/2017)
Are investors shorting Galapagos NV?
Galapagos NV saw a drop in short interest during the month of September. As of September 15th, there was short interest totalling 403,300 shares, a drop of 27.4% from the August 31st total of 555,345 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 105,234 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 3.8 days.
Who are some of Galapagos NV's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Galapagos NV include Incyte Corporation (INCY), Quintiles Transitional Holdings (Q), Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY), Seattle Genetics (SGEN), Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS), Alkermes PLC (ALKS), Qiagen N.V. (QGEN), Icon Plc (ICLR), Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS), Charles River Laboratories International (CRL), United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR), PRA Health Sciences (PRAH), Bio-Techne Corp (TECH), Puma Biotechnology (PBYI), ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (ACAD), PAREXEL International Corporation (PRXL), FibroGen (FGEN) and Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR).
Who are Galapagos NV's key executives?
Galapagos NV's management team includes the folowing people:
- Onno van de Stolpe, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director
- Bart Filius, Chief Financial Officer
- Andre Hoekema, Senior Vice President - Corporate Development
- Piet Wigerinck, Chief Scientific Officer
- Rajesh Parekh, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
- Harrold van Barlingen, Non-Executive Director
- Katrine Bosley, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Werner Cautreels, Non-Executive Independent Director
- Christine Mummery, Non-Executive Independent Director
When did Galapagos NV IPO?
(GLPG) raised $161 million in an initial public offering on Thursday, May 14th 2015. The company issued 3,800,000 shares at $42.43 per share. Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and Cowen and Company served as the underwriters for the IPO and Nomura and Bryan, Garnier were co-managers.
Who owns Galapagos NV stock?
Who bought Galapagos NV stock? Who is buying Galapagos NV stock?
How do I buy Galapagos NV stock?
Shares of Galapagos NV can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Galapagos NV's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ GLPG)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Galapagos NV and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Galapagos NV stock can currently be purchased for approximately $101.66.
Consensus Ratings for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 7 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.78)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$111.83 (10.01% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Analysts' Ratings History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
(Data available from 10/18/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/6/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$92.00 -> $123.00||N/A|
|9/15/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$101.00 -> $120.00||Low|
|9/14/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Initiated Coverage||Sector Perform||$98.00||Medium|
|8/11/2017||Nomura||Boost Price Target||Buy||$108.00 -> $124.00||Low|
|8/10/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Medium|
|7/26/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$98.00||Medium|
|7/7/2017||Janney Montgomery Scott||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||Low|
|6/22/2017||Instinet||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$121.00 -> $108.00||Low|
|10/18/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|6/17/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$48.00||N/A|
|12/17/2015||Bryan, Garnier & Co||Boost Price Target||Buy||$52.00 -> $64.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)Earnings History by Quarter for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ GLPG)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/25/2017|| || || || || || || || |
Earnings Estimates for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.77 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-3.60 EPS
Dividend History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Latest Headlines for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Upgraded to Hold by Zacks Investment Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - October 11 at 10:26 PM
|ETFs with exposure to Galapagos NV : October 5, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - October 10 at 3:18 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Receives Consensus Rating of "Buy" from Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - October 7 at 6:50 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Morgan Stanley|
www.americanbankingnews.com - October 7 at 12:22 PM
|ETFs with exposure to Galapagos NV : October 5, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - October 5 at 7:05 PM
|Galapagos Pops After Eczema Drug Shows Promise Vs. Regeneron|
finance.yahoo.com - October 2 at 2:00 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Sees Large Decline in Short Interest|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 30 at 2:34 AM
|Form 6-K GALAPAGOS NV For: Sep 27|
www.streetinsider.com - September 27 at 10:15 PM
|Galapagos and MorphoSys report first promising signs of clinical activity in a Phase 1 study with IL-17C antibody MOR106 in atopic dermatitis patients|
feeds.benzinga.com - September 27 at 3:04 AM
|ETFs with exposure to Galapagos NV : September 19, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - September 19 at 7:06 PM
|Galapagos NV :GLPG-US: Earnings Analysis: Q2, 2017 By the Numbers : September 18, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - September 18 at 6:37 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) PT Raised to $120 at Stifel on Positive KOL Feedback on GLPG1690 for IPF - StreetInsider.com|
www.streetinsider.com - September 16 at 6:25 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Price Target Raised to $120.00|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 15 at 7:28 AM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Coverage Initiated by Analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 14 at 9:50 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Buy" by Analysts|
www.americanbankingnews.com - September 12 at 6:26 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Brokerages|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 18 at 6:32 PM
|3 Things In Biotech You Should Learn Today: August 14, 2017 - Seeking Alpha|
seekingalpha.com - August 14 at 7:27 PM
|Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) Upgraded at Stifel Nicolaus|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 13 at 7:14 PM
|Nomura Boosts Galapagos NV (GLPG) Price Target to $124.00|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 12 at 10:56 PM
|Stifel Upgrades Galapagos NV (GLPG) to Buy - StreetInsider.com|
www.streetinsider.com - August 12 at 12:37 AM
|Morgan Stanley Expects Galapagos Shares To Rise 10%|
www.benzinga.com - August 11 at 12:12 AM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Says GLPG1690 Halts Disease Progression in IPF Patients in FLORA Phase 2a Trial|
www.streetinsider.com - August 11 at 12:12 AM
|Morgan Stanley Reiterates "Overweight" Rating for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 10 at 11:34 PM
|Cowen and Company Reaffirms "Buy" Rating for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 10 at 4:32 PM
|GLPG's FLORA Blooms, DVAX, ESPR Price Offering, SGMO Abuzz, HRTX On Track - Nasdaq|
www.nasdaq.com - August 10 at 5:24 AM
|GLPG1690 halts disease progression in IPF patients in FLORA Phase 2a trial|
finance.yahoo.com - August 9 at 7:16 PM
|Is a Surprise Coming for Galapagos (GLPG) This Earnings Season?|
finance.yahoo.com - August 3 at 9:12 PM
|Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) Expected to Post FY2017 Earnings of ($2.23) Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 2 at 10:38 AM
|$27.35 Million in Sales Expected for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) This Quarter|
www.americanbankingnews.com - August 1 at 9:14 AM
|Solid financials support R&D progress - GlobeNewswire (press release)|
globenewswire.com - July 28 at 5:44 AM
|Solid financials support R&D progress - Nasdaq|
www.nasdaq.com - July 27 at 7:37 PM
|Servier licenses GLPG1972 in osteoarthritis from Galapagos|
finance.yahoo.com - July 27 at 7:37 PM
|Solid financials support R&D progress|
finance.yahoo.com - July 27 at 7:37 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Earns Buy Rating from BTIG Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 26 at 4:31 PM
|Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) Receives Average Recommendation of "Buy" from Analysts|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 24 at 6:52 PM
|Galapagos (GLPG) Looks Good: Stock Adds 6.2% in Session - Nasdaq|
www.nasdaq.com - July 22 at 12:32 AM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Receives Buy Rating from BTIG Research|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 20 at 8:43 AM
|Vertex Pharma shares hit life high as cystic fibrosis data wows|
www.reuters.com - July 19 at 7:45 PM
|Vertex Hits Record High On Results Of Cystic Fibrosis Trial|
finance.yahoo.com - July 19 at 7:45 PM
|Enanta Pharmaceuticals (ENTA) and Galapagos NV (GLPG) Head-To-Head Review|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 16 at 8:08 AM
|TiGenix: This Stem Cell Pioneer Is Up 40% Since IPO With More Upside To Come|
seekingalpha.com - July 13 at 12:47 AM
|Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) Upgraded to "Neutral" by Janney Montgomery Scott|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 7 at 11:46 PM
|$26.50 Million in Sales Expected for Galapagos NV (GLPG) This Quarter|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 7 at 11:36 AM
|Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) Expected to Post Earnings of -$0.68 Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - July 5 at 10:18 PM
|Galapagos NV: New Phase 2 study with filgotinib in non-infectious uveitis|
www.finanznachrichten.de - July 5 at 7:43 PM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Announces New Phase II Study With Filgotinib In Non-infectious Uveitis - StreetInsider.com|
www.streetinsider.com - July 5 at 7:40 AM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) PT Lowered to $108 at Instinet Following the company's R&D Day - StreetInsider.com|
www.streetinsider.com - June 22 at 9:27 AM
|Galapagos updates investors in R&D programs|
seekingalpha.com - June 21 at 4:13 AM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Reports Increase in Share Capital Through Warrant Exercises|
www.streetinsider.com - June 21 at 4:13 AM
|Galapagos NV (GLPG) Reports Increase in Share Capital Through Warrant Exercises - StreetInsider.com|
www.streetinsider.com - June 20 at 6:13 PM
Galapagos NV (GLPG) Chart for Wednesday, October, 18, 2017