Galapagos NV is a Belgium-based biotechnology company. The Company's activities are divided into two operating divisions: Research and Development (R & D) and Services. The R & D division is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecules. The Services division, offers target-to-drug discovery products and services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and to patient foundations, encompassing target discovery and validation, screening and drug discovery through to delivery of pre-clinical candidates. As of December 31, 2011, Galapagos NV was, through its subsidiaries, active in Belgium, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States and Croatia. In April 2014, it sold BioFocus and Argenta service division operations to Charles River Laboratories International.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology & Medical Research - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GLPG
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.glpg.com
- Market Cap: $4.18387 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 46,256,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $77.99
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $78.30
- 52 Week Range: $51.91 - $94.88
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 763.96
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -60.43
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $202.71 million
- Price / Sales: 18.48
- Book Value: $18.56 per share
- Price / Book: 4.36
- EBIDTA: ($2,190,000.00)
- Net Margins: 2.11%
- Return on Equity: 0.48%
- Return on Assets: 0.33%
- Current Ratio: 7.75%
- Quick Ratio: 7.75%
- Beta: 1.78
- Short Ratio: 2.99
Frequently Asked Questions for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
What is Galapagos NV's stock symbol?
Galapagos NV trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GLPG."
Where is Galapagos NV's stock going? Where will Galapagos NV's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokers have issued 12-month target prices for Galapagos NV's shares. Their predictions range from $64.00 to $121.00. On average, they expect Galapagos NV's stock price to reach $94.80 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Galapagos NV.
What are analysts saying about Galapagos NV stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Galapagos NV stock:
- 1. BTIG Research analysts commented, "Supports Thesis for Minimal Function CF Patients Yesterday, Vertex (VRTX, Not Rated) provided top-line results of the first triplet combination studies for Cystic Fibrosis patients with minimal function mutations, which represents 1/3 of the total patient population. Importantly, the triplet combinations also demonstrated improvements with the F508del homozygous population that exceed the clinical benefit of Orkambi. Overall, this first data for triplet therapies provides positive support for the use of two CFTR correctors within one daily regimen. The results from VRTX’s studies are positive for GLPG’s efforts conceptually, but given GLPG’s limited dataset to date, we continue to think that efforts within CF are a ‘show-me’ story. We maintain our Buy rating and $98 PT. X-440 and VX-152 Triplet Combinations set a new hurdle rate for clinical efficacy: Although the timespans were relatively short, with 29 days studied with VX-440 and 15 days with VX-152, the +9.5% and +7.3% respective improvements of ppFEV1 are impressive within the F508del homozygous population given the study design had a 4 week run-in period with tezacaftor and ivacaftor. Furthermore, the statistically significant improvements in ppFEV1 in both VX-440 and VX-152 studies within the F508del/Min patient population is unprecedented, underscored by the previous failure of the tezacaftor + ivacaftor combination study." (7/20/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Galapagos NV is a biotechnology company. The Company's operating segment consists of Research and Development and Services. Research and Development segment is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecules. Services segment offers drug discovery products and services. Its products include GLPG0634 for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, GLPG1205/GLPG1690 for treating inflammatory bowel disease, GSK2586184 for the treatment of chronic immuno-inflammatory diseases and GLPG0974, to prevent free fatty acid-induced activation and migration of neutrophils which are in different clinical trial. Galapagos NV is headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. " (7/14/2017)
- 3. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "GLPG provided a broad pipeline update at an R&D day." (6/21/2017)
- 4. Instinet analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Galapagos (GLPG) with a buy rating and $87 target price. We believe the company's rapidly advancing cystic fibrosis (CF) pipeline, partnered with AbbVie, will drive shares higher in the next 12 months. We also anticipate an increasing focus on filgotinib's opportunity in Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis (UC) in Phase 3 trials, may lead to upside in shares over the next 12-months. In our view, the current valuation is predominantly supported primarily by the blockbuster opportunity for the company's lead oral JAK1 inhibitor, filgotinib (partnered with Gilead), for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis." (3/1/2017)
Are investors shorting Galapagos NV?
Galapagos NV saw a increase in short interest in June. As of June 15th, there was short interest totalling 805,865 shares, an increase of 39.5% from the May 31st total of 577,527 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 171,148 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 4.7 days.
Who are some of Galapagos NV's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Galapagos NV include Qiagen N.V. (QGEN), Seattle Genetics (SGEN), Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY), Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS), United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR), ICON PLC (ICLR), Charles River Laboratories International (CRL), PRA Health Sciences (PRAH), Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS), PAREXEL International Corporation (PRXL), Bio-Techne Corp (TECH), Portola Pharmaceuticals (PTLA), ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (ACAD), Puma Biotechnology (PBYI), Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR), WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) (WX), Sage Therapeutics (SAGE) and INC Research Holdings (INCR).
Who are Galapagos NV's key executives?
Galapagos NV's management team includes the folowing people:
- Onno van de Stolpe, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director
- Bart Filius, Chief Financial Officer
- Andre Hoekema, Senior Vice President - Corporate Development
- Piet Wigerinck, Chief Scientific Officer
- Rajesh Parekh, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
- Harrold van Barlingen, Non-Executive Director
- Katrine Bosley, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Werner Cautreels, Non-Executive Independent Director
- Christine Mummery, Non-Executive Independent Director
When did Galapagos NV IPO?
(GLPG) raised $161 million in an IPO on Thursday, May 14th 2015. The company issued 3,800,000 shares at $42.43 per share. Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and Cowen and Company served as the underwriters for the IPO and Nomura and Bryan, Garnier were co-managers.
Who owns Galapagos NV stock?
Galapagos NV's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Peregrine Capital Management LLC (0.00%), US Bancorp DE (0.00%), Eqis Capital Management Inc. (0.00%), Aperio Group LLC (0.00%) and Bank of Montreal Can (0.00%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Galapagos NV.
Who sold Galapagos NV stock? Who is selling Galapagos NV stock?
Who bought Galapagos NV stock? Who is buying Galapagos NV stock?
Galapagos NV's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including US Bancorp DE, Eqis Capital Management Inc., Aperio Group LLC and Bank of Montreal Can. View Insider Buying and Selling for Galapagos NV.
How do I buy Galapagos NV stock?
Shares of Galapagos NV can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Galapagos NV's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ GLPG)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Galapagos NV and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Galapagos NV stock can currently be purchased for approximately $80.98.
Consensus Ratings for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.71)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$94.80 (17.07% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
(Data available from 7/25/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/20/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$98.00||High|
|7/7/2017||Janney Montgomery Scott||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||Low|
|6/22/2017||Instinet||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$121.00 -> $108.00||Low|
|6/22/2017||Nomura||Lower Price Target||Buy||$108.00 -> $121.00||Low|
|6/21/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|5/1/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Hold||$65.00 -> $83.00||Low|
|10/18/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|6/17/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$48.00||N/A|
|5/2/2016||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$89.00||N/A|
|12/17/2015||Bryan, Garnier & Co||Boost Price Target||Buy||$52.00 -> $64.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)Earnings History by Quarter for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ GLPG)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
Earnings Estimates for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.28 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-1.34 EPS
Dividend History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Latest Headlines for Galapagos NV (NASDAQ:GLPG)
Galapagos NV (GLPG) Chart for Tuesday, July, 25, 2017