About Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX)
Histogenics Corporation is a regenerative medicine company. The Company is focused on developing and commercializing products in the musculoskeletal segment of the marketplace. The Company's product candidate, NeoCart utilizes various aspects of regenerative medicine platform to develop a tissue implant intended to treat tissue injury in the field of orthopedics, specifically cartilage damage in the knee. NeoCart is a cartilage-like implant created using a patient's own cartilage cells through a series of tissue engineering processes. The patient's cells are separated from a tissue biopsy specimen extracted from the patient and multiplied in its laboratory. The cells are then infused into its scaffold that provides structure for the developing implant. Before NeoCart is implanted in a patient, the cell- and scaffold construct undergoes a bioengineering process in the Company's Tissue Engineering Processor (TEP). The Company has operations in the United States and Israel.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: Healthcare
- Symbol: NASDAQ:HSGX
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.histogenics.com
- Current Ratio: 4.42%
- Quick Ratio: 4.42%
Sales & Book Value:
- Annual Sales: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $0.85 per share
- Price / Book: 2.32
- Trailing EPS: ($0.22)
- Net Income: $-16,200,000.00
- Return on Equity: -658.91%
- Return on Assets: -106.38%
- Employees: 47
- Outstanding Shares: 24,070,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX)
What is Histogenics Corporation's stock symbol?
Histogenics Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "HSGX."
How were Histogenics Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX) released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, November, 9th. The biotechnology company reported ($0.23) earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.30) by $0.07. View Histogenics Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Histogenics Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Histogenics Corporation's stock going? Where will Histogenics Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
2 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Histogenics Corporation's stock. Their forecasts range from $3.50 to $4.00. On average, they anticipate Histogenics Corporation's stock price to reach $3.75 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Histogenics Corporation.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Histogenics Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Histogenics Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Histogenics Corporation is a regenerative medicine company. It is focused on developing and commercializing products in the musculoskeletal segment. The company is developing NeoCart(R) product to provide treatment in the orthopedic space. Histogenics Corporation is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. " (11/15/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We highlight that momentum in patient enrollment accelerated in the Q2 with a record of 17 patients enrolled in the month of June and a total of 30 in the quarter. Furthermore, the company reiterated its expectations to deliver one-year data by the end of Q3/18, supporting its BLA filing shortly thereafter, and commercial launch of NeoCart as early as mid-2019. In Japan, management highlighted an agreement with the Japan PMDA regarding a regulatory pathway for the Japanese market, which will revolve around a small, 30- patient, one-year trial comparing NeoCart to microfracture treatment. The trial will be supplemented by US Phase 3 trial data, and Histogenics is currently exploring Japanese partnership opportunities to support the trial with hopes of finagling a partnership by YE/17. Of note, Histogenics hopes its Japanese partnership will provide the company with additional capital. We are encouraged by the progress in Japan and anticipate the geography could be a meaningful market for Histogenics’ long-term success. Investment highlights Reiterated expectations to deliver one-year NeoCart Phase 3 data by the end of Q3/18, supporting BLA filing shortly thereafter, and commercial launch of NeoCart in H2/19. Strengthened commercial management team with the appointment of Donald Haut, PhD as chief business officer. Dr." (8/11/2017)
Who are some of Histogenics Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Histogenics Corporation include Diurnal Group PLC (DNL), BioLife Solutions (BLFS), Innocoll Holdings PLC (INNL), Sophiris Bio (SPHS), Female Health Company (The) (VERU), Juniper Pharmaceuticals (JNP), Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR), Amryt Pharma PLC (AMYT), SCYNEXIS (SCYX), Evoke Pharma (EVOK), Pernix Therapeutics Holdings (PTX), Azurrx Biopharm (AZRX), Intellipharmaceutics International (IPCI), Concordia International Corp. (CXRX), Apricus Biosciences (APRI), Cellectar Biosciences (CLRB), Eyegate Pharmaceuticals (EYEG) and Neuralstem (CUR).
Who are Histogenics Corporation's key executives?
Histogenics Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Garheng Kong M.D. Ph.D., Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 41)
- Adam Gridley, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 45)
- Jonathan I. Lieber, Chief Financial Officer (Age 48)
- Stephen Richard Kennedy, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President (Age 60)
- Joshua J. Baltzell, Independent Director (Age 47)
- David N. Gill, Independent Director (Age 62)
- John H. Johnson, Independent Director (Age 59)
- Michael Lewis, Independent Director (Age 58)
- Kevin L. Rakin, Independent Director (Age 57)
When did Histogenics Corporation IPO?
(HSGX) raised $60 million in an initial public offering (IPO) on Wednesday, December 3rd 2014. The company issued 4,300,000 shares at $13.00-$15.00 per share. Cowen and Company, Needham & Company and Canaccord Genuity acted as the underwriters for the IPO and BTIG was co-manager.
How do I buy Histogenics Corporation stock?
Shares of Histogenics Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Histogenics Corporation's stock price today?
One share of Histogenics Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $1.97.
How big of a company is Histogenics Corporation?
Histogenics Corporation has a market capitalization of $48.62 million. The biotechnology company earns $-16,200,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.22) on an earnings per share basis. Histogenics Corporation employs 47 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Histogenics Corporation?
Histogenics Corporation's mailing address is 830 Winter St, WALTHAM, MA 02451-1477, United States. The biotechnology company can be reached via phone at +1-781-4577900 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ HSGX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Histogenics Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 0 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$3.75 (90.36% upside)|
Consensus Price Target History for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX)
Analysts' Ratings History for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX)
(Data available from 11/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|11/21/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$3.50||N/A|
|8/11/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$4.00||Low|
|9/19/2016||Needham & Company LLC||Boost Price Target||Buy||$8.00 -> $11.00||N/A|
|9/7/2016||William Blair||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|8/11/2016||BTIG Research||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$3.50||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX)
Earnings History by Quarter for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ HSGX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/15/2018|| || || || || || || || |
Earnings Estimates for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-1.07 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.59 EPS
Dividend History for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ:HSGX)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ HSGX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 23.80%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 47.12%
Insider Trades by Quarter for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ HSGX)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/16/2017||David N Gill||Director||Buy||3,000||$1.81||$5,430.00|| |
|5/16/2017||David N Gill||Director||Buy||3,000||$1.68||$5,040.00|| |
|12/15/2016||David N Gill||Director||Buy||3,000||$1.65||$4,950.00|| |
|12/9/2016||David N Gill||Director||Buy||5,000||$1.92||$9,600.00|| |
|12/2/2016||Jonathan I Lieber||CFO||Buy||5,000||$1.95||$9,750.00|| |
|12/1/2016||Adam Gridley||Insider||Buy||5,000||$2.01||$10,050.00|| |
|9/29/2016||Split Rock Partners Ii, Lp||Major Shareholder||Buy||276,801||$2.25||$622,802.25|| |
Latest Headlines for Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ HSGX)
Histogenics Corporation (NASDAQ HSGX) Chart for Tuesday, November, 21, 2017