About Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft Corporation is a technology company. The Company develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products, services and devices. The Company's segments include Productivity and Business Processes, Intelligent Cloud and More Personal Computing. The Company's products include operating systems; cross-device productivity applications; server applications; business solution applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games, and training and certification of computer system integrators and developers. It also designs, manufactures, and sells devices, including personal computers (PCs), tablets, gaming and entertainment consoles, phones, other intelligent devices, and related accessories, that integrate with its cloud-based offerings. It offers an array of services, including cloud-based solutions that provide customers with software, services, platforms, and content, and it provides solution support and consulting services.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Business Software & Services
- Sub-Industry: Systems Software
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: MSFT
- CUSIP: 59491810
- Previous Close: $64.52
- 50 Day Moving Average: $63.42
- 200 Day Moving Average: $60.08
- 52-Week Range: $7,727,529,000.00 - $48.04
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 30.41
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.82
- P/E Growth: 2.33
- Market Cap: $499.35B
- Outstanding Shares: 7,727,529,000
- Beta: 1.08
- Net Margins: 19.57%
- Return on Equity: 32.12%
- Return on Assets: 11.30%
Companies Related to Microsoft Corporation:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.86%
- Current Ratio: 2.05%
- Quick Ratio: 2.02%
What is Microsoft Corporation's stock symbol?
Microsoft Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MSFT."
How often does Microsoft Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Microsoft Corporation?
Microsoft Corporation announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, November 30th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, February 16th will be paid a dividend of $0.39 per share on Thursday, March 9th. This represents a $1.56 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.41%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, February 14th.
Where is Microsoft Corporation's stock going? Where will Microsoft Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
34 brokers have issued 1-year price targets for Microsoft Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $45.00 to $80.00. On average, they anticipate Microsoft Corporation's stock price to reach $67.35 in the next twelve months.
When will Microsoft Corporation announce their earnings?
Microsoft Corporation is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Thursday, April, 20th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Microsoft Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Microsoft Corporation stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Microsoft's second-quarter fiscal 2017 results were impressive. Both earnings and revenues beat the respective Zacks Consensus Estimates. The company is benefitting from continuing enterprise strength, strong Office 365 adoption, robust penetration of Azure and promising new products. Further, the addition of LinkedIn is expected to boost Microsoft's presence in the social media market. The recent acquisition of artificial intelligence (AI) startup Maluuba is a big positive for the company given the growing demand for AI techniques throughout the world. We note that the company has outperfomed the broader market over the last six months. However, strong U.S. dollar is expected to remain a concern, which will impact top-line in the near term. Moreover, competition is stiff and the company’s dominant position in the PC market continues to be challenged, which are headwinds." (1/31/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Microsoft's modus operandi is intact as it exceeded estimates established by its lowered guidance, only to report results that were about in line with previous consensus numbers. Also true to form, its guidance for next quarter was lower than consensus expectations adjusting for LinkedIn. Regardless, the results were stable with 1% revenue growth, though operating cash flow grew 12% with several asterisks." (1/27/2017)
- BGC Financial analysts commented, "Share of Microsoft are trading near a lifetime high of $64.10 reached on 12/22/16 as the company prepares to report its December quarter results post-market on Thursday January 26th. Investors are warming up to the growth in the more valuable assets embedded inside Microsoft including its Intelligent Cloud segment that has a revenue run rate exceeding $13 billion, its data center footprint that spans 38 geographic regions, and a focus on layering artificial intelligence across its products. That said, these more desirable elements are still buried in a company that is producing low-single digit revenue growth and is underperforming in its consumer segments in our opinion. The December quarter result is particularly sensitive to consumer demand given the historical pattern of PCs and game consoles being a desired holiday gift." (1/25/2017)
Who owns Microsoft Corporation stock?
Microsoft Corporation's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (4.09%), FMR LLC (2.29%), Franklin Resources Inc. (1.14%), Janus Capital Management LLC (0.64%), Viking Global Investors LP (0.28%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.24%). Company insiders that own Microsoft Corporation stock include Amy Hood, Brian Kevin Turner, Christopher C Capossela, Frank H Brod, G Mason Morfit, Kathleen T Hogan, Maria Klawe, Satya Nadella and William H Gates III.
Who sold Microsoft Corporation stock? Who is selling Microsoft Corporation stock?
Microsoft Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc., Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, Eton Park Capital Management L.P., Fiduciary Management Inc. WI, Ruffer LLP and Artisan Partners Limited Partnership. Company insiders that have sold Microsoft Corporation stock in the last year include Amy Hood, Christopher C Capossela, Frank H Brod, G Mason Morfit, Kathleen T Hogan, Satya Nadella and William H Gates III.
Who bought Microsoft Corporation stock? Who is buying Microsoft Corporation stock?
Microsoft Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Russell Investments Group Ltd., State Street Corp, Viking Global Investors LP, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Janus Capital Management LLC and Bessemer Group Inc..
How do I buy Microsoft Corporation stock?
Shares of Microsoft Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Microsoft Corporation stock cost?
One share of Microsoft Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $64.62.