About Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER)
Omeros Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes small-molecule and protein therapeutics, and orphan indications targeting inflammation, coagulopathies, and disorders of the central nervous system. The company markets OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery or intraocular lens replacement in the United States. Its clinical programs include OMS721 that is in Phase III clinical trial for treating immunoglobulin A (IgA) nephropathy, hematopoietic stem cell transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy (HCT-TMA), and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS); and in Phase II clinical trial to treat IgA nephropathy, membranous nephropathy, lupus nephritis, and complement component glomerulopathy. The company's clinical programs also consists of OMS824, which is in Phase II clinical trial for treating Huntington's diseases and schizophrenia; and OMS405 that is in Phase II clinical trial to treat opioids, nicotine, and alcohol addiction. Its preclinical programs comprise OMS527 for the treatment of addiction and compulsive disorders, as well as for movement disorders; and OMS906 to treat paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and other alternative pathway disorders. The company's preclinical programs also include MASP-2-small-molecule inhibitors used for the treatment of aHUS, IgAN, HCT-TMA, and age-related macular degeneration; MASP-3-small-molecule inhibitors used for the treatment of PNH and other alternative pathway disorders; G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform, including GPR174 and other Class A orphan GPCRS for treating CNS, metabolic, CV, oncologic, musculoskeletal, and other disorders; and antibody platform for metabolic, CV, oncologic, musculoskeletal and other disorders. Omeros Corporation was incorporated in 1994 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-18.76
Forward P/E Ratio-7.37
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$64.83 million
Price / Sales11.04
Price / CashN/A
Book Value($0.06) per share
Price / Book-247.00
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.79)
Return on EquityN/A
Return on Assets-40.03%
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Omeros' stock symbol?
Omeros trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "OMER."
How were Omeros' earnings last quarter?
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, March, 1st. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.25) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.22) by $0.03. The biopharmaceutical company had revenue of $13.76 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $21.94 million. The business's quarterly revenue was up 6.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned ($0.45) EPS. View Omeros' Earnings History.
When is Omeros' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for OMER?
7 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Omeros' stock. Their predictions range from $4.00 to $75.00. On average, they expect Omeros' stock price to reach $26.43 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Omeros.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Omeros stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Omeros stock:
- 1. WBB Securities analysts commented, "We are therefore continuing our Strong Buy recommendation with a continued One-Year Target Price of $75. Pass-through enables physicians to prescribe and bill Medicare for the cost of designated drugs in addition to the fixed fee for which treatment is administered. The text of the bill states, “In the case of a drug or biological whose period of pass-through status under this paragraph ended on December 31, 2017, and for which payment under this subsection was packaged into a payment for a covered OPD service (or group of services) furnished beginning January 1, 2018, such pass- through status shall be extended for a 2-year period beginning on October 1, 2018.” While not a guarantee, we also believe that this is a logical next step to permanent reimbursement by CMS, which takes place with the vast majority of all drugs. OMIDRIA is a combination drug that is administered during intra-ocular surgery." (3/26/2018)
- 2. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Omeros reported 4Q17 financial results and Omidria sales were $13.8M vs. $21.7M in the prior quarter. BUT… in terms of units (no. of vials shipped), it is our understanding that the levels are flat with the prior period. In other words, this is partly a revenue recognition issue, triggered by the change in pass through status. The company recorded a net loss of $16.6M and ended the period with $84M in cash and another $17M in accounts receivable." (3/2/2018)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Omeros Corporation is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing products focused on inflammation and disorders of the central nervous system. Omeros' most clinically advanced product candidates are derived from its proprietary PharmacoSurgery(TM) platform designed to improve clinical outcomes of patients undergoing arthroscopic, ophthalmological, urological and other surgical and medical procedures. Omeros has four ongoing PharmacoSurgery(TM) clinical development programs, and its lead product candidate, OMS103HP, is being evaluated in Phase 3 clinical trials for use during arthroscopic surgery to improve postoperative joint function and reduce postoperative pain. Omeros is also building a diverse pipeline of preclinical programs targeting inflammation and central nervous system disorders. " (3/1/2018)
Who are some of Omeros' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Omeros include Emergent BioSolutions (EBS), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Ascendis Pharma (ASND), Evotec A.G. (EVTCY), Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD), Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD), Clovis Oncology (CLVS), Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), Puma Biotechnology (PBYI), Portola Pharmaceuticals (PTLA), Horizon Pharma (HZNP), Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT), Heron Therapeutics (HRTX) and Medicines (MDCO).
Who are Omeros' key executives?
Omeros' management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. Gregory A. Demopulos, Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO & Pres (Age 59)
- Mr. Michael A. Jacobsen, Chief Accounting Officer, VP of Fin. & Treasurer (Age 60)
- Ms. Marcia S. Kelbon, VP of Patent, Gen. Counsel & Sec. (Age 58)
- Dr. Pamela Pierce Palmer M.D., Ph.D., Co-Founder (Age 55)
- Dr. George A. Gaitanaris, Chief Scientific Officer & VP of Science (Age 61)
Has Omeros been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about OMER stock have been trending positive recently, Accern reports. The research firm ranks the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Omeros earned a news impact score of 0.41 on Accern's scale. They also gave news headlines about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 45.77 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the next several days.
How do I buy shares of Omeros?
Shares of OMER can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Omeros' stock price today?
One share of OMER stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.82.
How big of a company is Omeros?
Omeros has a market capitalization of $692.90 million and generates $64.83 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-53,480,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.79) on an earnings per share basis. Omeros employs 173 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Omeros?
Omeros' mailing address is 201 ELLIOT AVENUE WEST, SEATTLE WA, 98119. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 206-676-5000.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Omeros (OMER)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Omeros and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe OMER will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe OMER will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) Price Target and Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for stocks using the most recent rating from each Wall Street analyst that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Each analyst's rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
7 Wall Street analysts have issued ratings and price targets for Omeros in the last 12 months. Their average twelve-month price target is $26.43, suggesting that the stock has a possible upside of 78.34%. The high price target for OMER is $75.00 and the low price target for OMER is $4.00. There are currently 4 hold ratings and 3 buy ratings for the stock, resulting in a consensus rating of "Hold."
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Hold||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.43||2.50||2.88||2.75|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Rating(s)|
4 Hold Rating(s)
3 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
4 Hold Rating(s)
4 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
2 Hold Rating(s)
5 Buy Rating(s)
1 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
1 Hold Rating(s)
5 Buy Rating(s)
1 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$26.43||$26.43||$36.1667||$37.40|
|Price Target Upside: ||78.34% upside||87.58% upside||110.52% upside||170.62% upside|
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) Consensus Price Target History
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 4/26/2016 forward)
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) Dividend History by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Omeros (NASDAQ OMER) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 12.10%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 48.92%
Omeros (NASDAQ OMER) Insider Trading History
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Shares Held After Transaction||Details|
|1/3/2018||Michael A Jacobsen||VP||Sell||1,020||$22.45||$22,899.00||8,520|| |
|6/16/2017||Michael A Jacobsen||VP||Sell||12,000||$24.95||$299,400.00||19,500|| |
|6/15/2017||Michael A Jacobsen||VP||Sell||24,000||$21.20||$508,800.00||2,650|| |
|4/12/2017||Thomas J Cable||Director||Sell||3,000||$16.49||$49,470.00||40,067|| |
|12/7/2016||Gregory A Md Demopulos||CEO||Sell||306,124||$10.66||$3,263,281.84||1,987,025|| |
|12/6/2016||Gregory A Md Demopulos||CEO||Sell||102,040||$10.80||$1,102,032.00||1,987,025|| |
|12/5/2016||Gregory A Md Demopulos||CEO||Sell||102,040||$10.71||$1,092,848.40||1,987,025|| |
|12/2/2016||Gregory A Md Demopulos||CEO||Sell||306,120||$11.58||$3,544,869.60||1,801,381|| |
|9/15/2016||Marcia S Kelbon||VP||Sell||16,000||$10.91||$174,560.00||179,597|| |
|8/15/2016||Marcia S Kelbon||VP||Sell||15,900||$11.56||$183,804.00||179,497|| |
|7/15/2016||Marcia S Kelbon||VP||Sell||15,900||$11.50||$182,850.00||179,497|| |
|6/15/2016||Marcia S Kelbon||VP||Sell||15,900||$11.42||$181,578.00||179,497|| |
|5/16/2016||Marcia S Kelbon||VP||Sell||15,900||$9.94||$158,046.00||179,497|| |
|4/15/2016||Marcia S Kelbon||VP||Sell||15,900||$15.18||$241,362.00||179,497|| |
|3/24/2016||Thomas J Cable||Director||Sell||2,000||$14.81||$29,620.00||49,467|| |
|12/22/2015||Marcia S. Kelbon||VP||Sell||15,900||$15.00||$238,500.00||138,426|| |
|9/4/2015||Peter A Md Demopulos||Director||Buy||3,962||$12.68||$50,238.16||185,182|| |
|7/15/2015||Thomas J Cable||Director||Sell||2,000||$18.78||$37,560.00|| |
|3/24/2015||Thomas J Cable||Director||Sell||2,000||$24.50||$49,000.00|| |
|6/24/2014||Peter A Md Demopulos||Director||Buy||6,153||$16.20||$99,678.60|| |
|6/2/2014||Thomas J Cable||Director||Sell||5,000||$11.80||$59,000.00|| |
|7/3/2013||Thomas J Cable||Director||Sell||5,000||$5.21||$26,050.00|| |
|4/10/2013||Thomas J Cable||Director||Sell||5,000||$3.98||$19,900.00|| |
|1/4/2013||Ray Aspiri||Director||Buy||40,000||$5.72||$228,800.00|| |
|1/3/2013||Arnold C Hanish||Director||Buy||2,000||$5.58||$11,160.00|| |
Omeros (NASDAQ OMER) News Headlines
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Omeros (NASDAQ OMER) Stock Chart for Thursday, April, 26, 2018