About Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER)
Omeros Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes small-molecule and protein therapeutics, and orphan indications targeting inflammation, coagulopathies, and disorders of the central nervous system. The company markets OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery or intraocular lens replacement in the United States. Its clinical programs include OMS721 that is in Phase III clinical trial for treating immunoglobulin A (IgA) nephropathy, hematopoietic stem cell transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy (HCT-TMA), and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS); and in Phase II clinical trial to treat IgA nephropathy, membranous nephropathy, lupus nephritis, and complement component glomerulopathy. The company's clinical programs also consists of OMS824, which is in Phase II clinical trial for treating Huntington's diseases and schizophrenia; and OMS405 that is in Phase II clinical trial to treat opioids, nicotine, and alcohol addiction. Its preclinical programs comprise OMS527 for the treatment of addiction and compulsive disorders, as well as for movement disorders; and OMS906 to treat paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and other alternative pathway disorders. The company's preclinical programs also include MASP-2-small-molecule inhibitors used for the treatment of aHUS, IgAN, HCT-TMA, and age-related macular degeneration; MASP-3-small-molecule inhibitors used for the treatment of PNH and other alternative pathway disorders; G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform, including GPR174 and other Class A orphan GPCRS for treating CNS, metabolic, CV, oncologic, musculoskeletal, and other disorders; and antibody platform for metabolic, CV, oncologic, musculoskeletal and other disorders. Omeros Corporation was incorporated in 1994 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-24.57
Forward P/E Ratio-8.17
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$64.83 million
Price / Sales14.48
Price / CashN/A
Book Value($0.06) per share
Price / Book-324.00
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.79)
Return on EquityN/A
Return on Assets-52.29%
Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Omeros' stock symbol?
Omeros trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "OMER."
How were Omeros' earnings last quarter?
Omeros Co. (NASDAQ:OMER) issued its earnings results on Thursday, May, 10th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.62) EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.57) by $0.05. The biopharmaceutical company had revenue of $1.59 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.08 million. The company's revenue for the quarter was down 87.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted ($0.34) earnings per share. View Omeros' Earnings History.
When is Omeros' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for OMER?
7 analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Omeros' shares. Their predictions range from $4.00 to $75.00. On average, they anticipate Omeros' share price to reach $26.5729 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Omeros.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Omeros stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Omeros stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Omeros Corporation is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing products focused on inflammation and disorders of the central nervous system. Omeros' most clinically advanced product candidates are derived from its proprietary PharmacoSurgery(TM) platform designed to improve clinical outcomes of patients undergoing arthroscopic, ophthalmological, urological and other surgical and medical procedures. Omeros has four ongoing PharmacoSurgery(TM) clinical development programs, and its lead product candidate, OMS103HP, is being evaluated in Phase 3 clinical trials for use during arthroscopic surgery to improve postoperative joint function and reduce postoperative pain. Omeros is also building a diverse pipeline of preclinical programs targeting inflammation and central nervous system disorders. " (6/13/2018)
- 2. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "We remind investors that, only last year, Omeros announced that it had settled litigation directed to an ANDA filing by Par Sterile Products, LLC and Par Pharmaceutical, Inc. As in the settlement with Par, this agreement with Lupin includes Lupin’s acknowledgment and confirmation of the validity of all asserted patents for OMIDRIA as well as overall terms and market entry date similar to those set forth in the Par agreement—we note that Par has agreed not to launch a generic version of OMIDRIA until the earliest. The expiration date of the last-to-expire of Omeros’ asserted patents for OMIDRIA is October 23, 2033. The litigation against Lupin began in 2017 after Omeros received a Paragraph IV certification from Lupin in connection with Lupin’s filing of an ANDA seeking the FDA’s approval to market a generic version of OMIDRIA." (5/25/2018)
- 3. Maxim Group analysts commented, "Prior to hitting the pass thru speed bump in January (and it’s just a speed bump), Omidria revenue grew to $22M in 3Q17. We expect these numbers to return in 4Q and for Omidria to grow with several factors to watch between now and then – 1Q expectations, getting back to pass-thru in October, impact of the VA and the healthy balance sheet." (5/7/2018)
- 4. WBB Securities analysts commented, "We are therefore continuing our Strong Buy recommendation with a continued One-Year Target Price of $75. Pass-through enables physicians to prescribe and bill Medicare for the cost of designated drugs in addition to the fixed fee for which treatment is administered. The text of the bill states, “In the case of a drug or biological whose period of pass-through status under this paragraph ended on December 31, 2017, and for which payment under this subsection was packaged into a payment for a covered OPD service (or group of services) furnished beginning January 1, 2018, such pass- through status shall be extended for a 2-year period beginning on October 1, 2018.” While not a guarantee, we also believe that this is a logical next step to permanent reimbursement by CMS, which takes place with the vast majority of all drugs. OMIDRIA is a combination drug that is administered during intra-ocular surgery." (3/26/2018)
Who are some of Omeros' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Omeros include Array Biopharma (ARRY), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Blueprint Medicines (BPMC), Horizon Pharma (HZNP), Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD), Ascendis Pharma A/S (ASND), The Medicines (MDCO), Portola Pharmaceuticals (PTLA), Emergent Biosolutions (EBS), Evotec (EVTCY), OPKO Health (OPK), Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT), Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) and Clovis Oncology (CLVS).
Who are Omeros' key executives?
Omeros' management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. Gregory A. Demopulos, Co-Founder, Chairman, CEO & Pres (Age 59)
- Mr. Michael A. Jacobsen, Chief Accounting Officer, VP of Fin. & Treasurer (Age 60)
- Ms. Marcia S. Kelbon, VP of Patent, Gen. Counsel & Sec. (Age 58)
- Dr. Pamela Pierce Palmer M.D., Ph.D., Co-Founder (Age 55)
- Dr. George A. Gaitanaris, Chief Scientific Officer & VP of Science (Age 61)
Has Omeros been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media coverage about OMER stock has been trending positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research firm ranks the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Omeros earned a media sentiment score of 0.34 on Accern's scale. They also gave news headlines about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 43.35 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Omeros' major shareholders?
Omeros' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (8.21%), UBS Group AG (0.82%), Stifel Financial Corp (0.72%), Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. (0.46%), Baird Financial Group Inc. (0.22%) and United Capital Financial Advisers LLC (0.22%). Company insiders that own Omeros stock include Gregory A Md Demopulos, Marcia S Kelbon, Michael A Jacobsen and Thomas J Cable. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Omeros.
Which major investors are selling Omeros stock?
OMER stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Wedbush Securities Inc., New York State Common Retirement Fund, Teacher Retirement System of Texas, California State Teachers Retirement System and Allianz Asset Management GmbH. View Insider Buying and Selling for Omeros.
Which major investors are buying Omeros stock?
OMER stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Baird Financial Group Inc., BlackRock Inc., UBS Group AG, DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale, Cypress Capital Group, Claraphi Advisory Network LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd. and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Omeros.
How do I buy shares of Omeros?
Shares of OMER can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Omeros' stock price today?
One share of OMER stock can currently be purchased for approximately $19.44.
How big of a company is Omeros?
Omeros has a market capitalization of $961.51 million and generates $64.83 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-53,480,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.79) on an earnings per share basis. Omeros employs 173 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Omeros?
Omeros' mailing address is 201 ELLIOT AVENUE WEST, SEATTLE WA, 98119. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 206-676-5000.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Omeros (OMER)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Omeros and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe OMER will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe OMER will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.