About ON Semiconductor Corp (ON)
ON Semiconductor Corporation offers a portfolio of sensors, power management, connectivity, custom and system on chip (SoC), analog, logic, timing, and discrete devices. The Company's segments include Power Solutions Group, Analog Solutions Group and Image Sensor Group. The Power Solutions Group offers a range of discrete, module and integrated semiconductor products. The Analog Solutions Group designs and develops analog, mixed-signal and logic application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and application specific standard products (ASSPs), and power solutions. The Image Sensor Group designs and develops complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and charge-coupled device (CCD) image sensors, as well as proximity sensors, image signal processors, and actuator drivers for autofocus and image stabilization for various end users in the automotive, industrial, consumer, wireless, medical, and aerospace/defense markets.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor - Broad Line
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: ON
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $14.66
- 50 Day Moving Average: $14.88
- 200 Day Moving Average: $13.44
- 52-Week Range: $8.11 - $16.06
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 32.98
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.78
- P/E Growth: 0.53
- Market Cap: $5.95B
- Outstanding Shares: 419,610,000
- Beta: 1.96
- Net Margins: 4.66%
- Return on Equity: 23.00%
- Return on Assets: 7.09%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.76%
- Current Ratio: 1.87%
- Quick Ratio: 1.15%
Companies Related to ON Semiconductor Corp:
Earnings History for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)Earnings History by Quarter for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/8/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|8/8/2016||Q216||$0.19||$0.21||$854.55 million||$877.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2016||Q116||$0.15||$0.17||$820.08 million||$817.20 million||View||Listen|
|2/8/2016||Q415||$0.19||$0.19||$850.78 million||$840.30 million||View||N/A|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$0.23||$0.23||$906.75 million||$904.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/3/2015||Q215||$0.22||$0.22||$897.40 million||$880.50 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2015||Q115||$0.18||$0.20||$860.82 million||$870.80 million||View||N/A|
|2/5/2015||Q414||$0.16||$0.17||$856.11 million||$864.20 million||View||N/A|
|10/30/2014||Q314||$0.23||$0.21||$884.40 million||$833.50 million||View||N/A|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$0.19||$0.20||$753.28 million||$757.60 million||View||N/A|
|5/1/2014||Q114||$0.15||$0.17||$711.01 million||$706.50 million||View||N/A|
|2/6/2014||Q413||$0.14||$0.17||$691.29 million||$718.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$0.16||$0.17||$716.32 million||$715.40 million||View||Listen|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.13||$0.13||$696.10 million||$688.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||$0.07||$0.10||$665.69 million||$661.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/7/2013||Q4 2012||$0.07||$0.08||$675.24 million||$680.20 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$0.13||$0.12||$744.40 million||$725.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/17/2017||Paul E Rolls||VP||Sell||1,414||$15.20||$21,492.80|| |
|2/8/2017||William A Schromm||COO||Sell||1,453||$14.00||$20,342.00|| |
|1/25/2017||George H. Cave||EVP||Sell||5,000||$13.76||$68,800.00|| |
|1/25/2017||William A Schromm||COO||Sell||18,547||$14.00||$259,658.00|| |
|1/11/2017||William Hall||EVP||Sell||32,530||$13.50||$439,155.00|| |
|1/10/2017||Mamoon Rashid||SVP||Sell||17,500||$13.34||$233,450.00|| |
|12/27/2016||Bernard Gutmann||CFO||Sell||4,000||$13.00||$52,000.00|| |
|12/27/2016||George H Cave||EVP||Sell||70,000||$12.76||$893,200.00|| |
|12/23/2016||George H Cave||EVP||Sell||60,000||$12.73||$763,800.00|| |
|12/21/2016||Keith D Jackson||CEO||Sell||414,800||$12.75||$5,288,700.00|| |
|12/19/2016||Bernard Gutmann||CFO||Sell||25,000||$12.87||$321,750.00|| |
|12/15/2016||George H Cave||EVP||Sell||20,000||$12.72||$254,400.00|| |
|12/15/2016||Paul E Rolls||VP||Sell||10,000||$13.00||$130,000.00|| |
|12/15/2016||William A Schromm||COO||Sell||79,076||$12.88||$1,018,498.88|| |
|12/12/2016||William A Schromm||COO||Sell||60,000||$12.12||$727,200.00|| |
|12/9/2016||William Hall||EVP||Sell||70,000||$12.00||$840,000.00|| |
|11/29/2016||William Hall||EVP||Sell||500||$12.11||$6,055.00|| |
|11/10/2016||Paul Anthony Mascarenas||Director||Buy||2,500||$11.30||$28,250.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Paul E Rolls||VP||Sell||3,507||$12.50||$43,837.50|| |
|9/29/2016||Paul E Rolls||VP||Sell||331||$12.25||$4,054.75|| |
|9/22/2016||Paul E Rolls||VP||Sell||5,246||$12.00||$62,952.00|| |
|8/26/2016||Paul E Rolls||VP||Sell||15,000||$11.25||$168,750.00|| |
|3/22/2016||Bernard Gutmann||CFO||Sell||30,000||$9.44||$283,200.00|| |
|3/4/2016||Daryl Ostrander||Director||Sell||5,700||$9.05||$51,585.00|| |
|3/3/2016||Paul E. Rolls||VP||Sell||40,782||$8.89||$362,551.98|| |
|2/12/2016||Teresa Ressel||Director||Buy||86,037||$7.03||$604,840.11|| |
|2/11/2016||J Daniel Mccranie||Director||Buy||100,000||$7.10||$710,000.00|| |
|11/20/2015||J Daniel Mccranie||Director||Buy||100,000||$10.20||$1,020,000.00|| |
|11/6/2015||Mamoon Rashid||SVP||Sell||15,246||$11.40||$173,804.40|| |
|10/23/2015||William Hall||EVP||Sell||55,906||$11.00||$614,966.00|| |
|8/24/2015||William A. Schromm||COO||Sell||18,000||$9.32||$167,760.00|| |
|8/13/2015||Paul Anthony Mascarenas||Director||Buy||4,000||$9.78||$39,120.00|| |
|7/8/2015||Robert A Klosterboer||EVP||Sell||15,000||$11.07||$166,050.00|| |
|3/16/2015||William Hall||EVP||Sell||42,492||$12.75||$541,773.00|| |
|2/18/2015||George H Cave||EVP||Sell||40,000||$12.13||$485,200.00|| |
|2/13/2015||George H Cave||EVP||Sell||15,000||$11.95||$179,250.00|| |
|2/12/2015||Emmanuel T Hernandez||Director||Sell||7,000||$11.57||$80,990.00|| |
|2/6/2015||George H Cave||EVP||Sell||15,000||$10.95||$164,250.00|| |
|2/6/2015||William A Schromm||COO||Sell||10,000||$11.00||$110,000.00|| |
|12/4/2014||George H Cave||SVP||Sell||5,000||$9.95||$49,750.00|| |
|12/4/2014||William A Schromm||COO||Sell||35,000||$10.00||$350,000.00|| |
|11/3/2014||Daryl Ostrander||Director||Sell||24,850||$8.12||$201,782.00|| |
|11/3/2014||William Hall||EVP||Sell||3,824||$8.20||$31,356.80|| |
|9/11/2014||William Hall||EVP||Sell||23,059||$9.66||$222,749.94|| |
|9/10/2014||Daryl Ostrander||Director||Sell||11,000||$9.68||$106,480.00|| |
|8/29/2014||George H Cave||SVP||Sell||25,000||$9.73||$243,250.00|| |
|7/21/2014||George H Cave||SVP||Sell||5,000||$9.50||$47,500.00|| |
|6/13/2014||George H Cave||SVP||Sell||10,000||$9.06||$90,600.00|| |
|6/12/2014||Robert A Klosterboer||SVP||Sell||30,000||$9.10||$273,000.00|| |
|6/11/2014||George H Cave||SVP||Sell||15,000||$9.06||$135,900.00|| |
|4/10/2014||George Cave||SVP||Sell||5,000||$10.00||$50,000.00|| |
|2/19/2014||George Cave||SVP||Sell||5,000||$9.50||$47,500.00|| |
|2/7/2014||George Cave||SVP||Sell||10,000||$9.00||$90,000.00|| |
|1/8/2014||George Cave||SVP||Sell||10,000||$8.50||$85,000.00|| |
|12/23/2013||George Cave||SVP||Sell||5,000||$8.00||$40,000.00|| |
|11/13/2013||George Cave||SVP||Sell||8,000||$7.24||$57,920.00|| |
|11/1/2013||George H Cave||SVP||Sell||10,000||$7.75||$77,500.00|| |
|5/31/2013||Robert A Klosterboer||SVP||Sell||27,000||$8.55||$230,850.00|| |
|5/30/2013||Daryl Ostrander||Director||Sell||17,618||$8.51||$149,929.18|| |
|5/17/2013||George H Cave||SVP||Sell||10,000||$8.27||$82,700.00|| |
|5/7/2013||Robert Charles Mahoney||VP||Sell||20,000||$8.02||$160,400.00|| |
|2/25/2013||Robert Charles Mahoney||VP||Sell||10,000||$8.17||$81,700.00|| |
|9/6/2012||Keith D Jackson||CEO||Buy||10,000||$6.23||$62,300.00|| |
Headline Trends for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
Latest Headlines for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
Frequently Asked Questions for ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)
What is ON Semiconductor Corp's stock symbol?
ON Semiconductor Corp trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ON."
How were ON Semiconductor Corp's earnings last quarter?
ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON) posted its quarterly earnings results on Monday, August, 8th. The company reported $0.21 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.19 by $0.02. The business had revenue of $877.80 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $854.55 million. ON Semiconductor Corp had a net margin of 4.66% and a return on equity of 23.00%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was down .3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.22 EPS.
When will ON Semiconductor Corp make its next earnings announcement?
ON Semiconductor Corp is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 8th 2017.
Where is ON Semiconductor Corp's stock going? Where will ON Semiconductor Corp's stock price be in 2017?
20 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for ON Semiconductor Corp's shares. Their predictions range from $11.00 to $21.00. On average, they expect ON Semiconductor Corp's share price to reach $15.50 in the next year.
What are analysts saying about ON Semiconductor Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about ON Semiconductor Corp stock:
- 1. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "Management reiterated the company's focus into higher-growth end markets, namely automotive, industrial, and communications, raised Fairchild-related synergy targets, reiterated its focus on deleveraging, and introduced financial targets for 2020. Reiterating Outperform rating." (3/13/2017)
- 2. Mizuho analysts commented, "ON held its analyst day on Friday, laying out its vision to 2020E. ON remains focused on automotive, industrial, and communications markets, intending to grow these from 74% of revenue in 4Q16 to ~82% of 2020 expected revenue of ~ $5.6B. By 2020 ON expects ~$900M/yr of FCF, a ~40% GM, and EPS of ~$2.00 (the F17E consensus is $1.23) as it executes cost synergies, fab consolidations and product/mix re-positioning. We're reiterating our Buy, maintaining our estimates, and raising our PT to $18 from $17." (3/13/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "ON Semiconductor is a supplier of broadband and power management integrated circuits and standard semiconductors used in numerous advanced devices ranging from high-speed fiber optic networking equipment to the precise power management functions found in portable electronics. The company's expanding product portfolio helped it to report strong fourth-quarter 2016 results. Moreover, the company has outperformed the broader market over the last one-year. Further, the company’s improving end markets, completion of the Fairchild Semiconductor acquisition, product breadth, diversification across end markets and geographies, and the benefits of restructuring actions remain positives. However, ON Semi has a leveraged balance sheet and faces a good bit of competition, which are concerns. " (2/15/2017)
- 4. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "ON posted a significant beat and raise quarter with stronger than expected demand for both its organic business and the Fairchild business. ON is progressing well on GMs improvement as higher growth areas (Industrial, Automotive, Smartphones) have higher than corporate average GMs. With an improved pricing environment and faster than expected synergies from the FCS acquisition, we believe ON deserves a higher multiple and are increasing our PT to $20 ' based 14.8x P/E on our new 2018E. Importantly, in our bottom up analysis, due to ADAS, we estimate the sensor market will nearly triple' with camera based systems remaining the predominate system. Future high level autonomous cars will require 6-10 cameras with ASPs of $8 per camera. The company also has $32 worth of front headlight LED lighting in cars." (2/13/2017)
- 5. Morgan Stanley analysts commented, "We are Equal-weight ON as sizeable EPS accretion from the FCS deal (17 percent/32 percent in 2017/18) is balanced by high financial leverage and uneven execution track record with M&A," analyst Craig Hettenbach wrote in a note.Specifically, the brokerage cited ON's struggle with the integration of the $660 million SANYO deal. The deal "negatively impacted margins and led to downward EPS revisions."Additional M&As In The Sector?"We see better M&A plays at the momentum, including Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI), Broadcom Ltd (NASDAQ: AVGO), Microchip Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHP), and NXP Semiconductors NV (NASDAQ: NXPI)," (9/22/2016)
Are investors shorting ON Semiconductor Corp?
ON Semiconductor Corp saw a increase in short interest in March. As of March 31st, there was short interest totalling 10,734,893 shares, an increase of 46.1% from the March 15th total of 7,346,826 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 6,281,322 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 1.7 days. Currently, 2.6% of the shares of the company are sold short.
Who owns ON Semiconductor Corp stock?
ON Semiconductor Corp's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD (0.78%), Hennessy Advisors Inc. (0.64%), Boston Advisors LLC (0.30%), Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.26%), Monarch Partners Asset Management LLC (0.25%) and Bank of Montreal Can (0.23%). Company insiders that own ON Semiconductor Corp stock include Bernard Gutmann, Daryl Ostrander, George H Cave, J Daniel Mccranie, Keith D Jackson, Mamoon Rashid, Paul Anthony Mascarenas, Paul E Rolls, Robert A Klosterboer, Teresa Ressel, William A Schromm and William Hall.
Who sold ON Semiconductor Corp stock? Who is selling ON Semiconductor Corp stock?
ON Semiconductor Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Hennessy Advisors Inc., Investment Counselors of Maryland LLC, Skylands Capital LLC, Bremer Trust National Association, Shell Asset Management Co., Cornerstone Financial Partners LLC, Regent Investment Management LLC and Emerald Mutual Fund Advisers Trust. Company insiders that have sold ON Semiconductor Corp stock in the last year include Bernard Gutmann, George H Cave, Keith D Jackson, Mamoon Rashid, Paul E Rolls, William A Schromm and William Hall.
Who bought ON Semiconductor Corp stock? Who is buying ON Semiconductor Corp stock?
ON Semiconductor Corp's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Monarch Partners Asset Management LLC, Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD, Bank of Montreal Can, Boston Advisors LLC, Quotient Investors LLC, Nationwide Fund Advisors, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Swarthmore Group Inc.. Company insiders that have bought ON Semiconductor Corp stock in the last two years include J Daniel Mccranie, Paul Anthony Mascarenas and Teresa Ressel.
How do I buy ON Semiconductor Corp stock?
Shares of ON Semiconductor Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of ON Semiconductor Corp stock cost?
One share of ON Semiconductor Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.18.
ON Semiconductor Corp (ON) Chart for Saturday, April, 29, 2017