About Patterson Companies
Patterson Companies, Inc. is a distributor serving the dental, veterinary and rehabilitation supply markets. The Company operates through three segments: dental supply, veterinary supply and rehabilitation supply. The dental supply segment provides a range of consumable dental products, clinical and laboratory equipment, and value-added services to dentists, dental laboratories, institutions and other dental healthcare providers across North America. The veterinary supply segment is a distributor of veterinary supplies, primarily to companion-pet (dogs, cats and other common household pets) and equine veterinary clinics. The rehabilitation supply segment provides a range of distributed and self-manufactured rehabilitation medical supplies and assistive products to acute care hospitals, long-term care facilities, rehabilitation clinics, dealers and schools. The Company's operating units include Patterson Dental, Patterson Veterinary and Patterson Medical.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Equipment Wholesale
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Distributors
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: PDCO
- CUSIP: 70339510
- Previous Close: $44.60
- 50 Day Moving Average: $42.15
- 200 Day Moving Average: $43.74
- 52-Week Range: $36.46 - $50.40
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 20.71
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.35
- P/E Growth: 1.94
- Market Cap: $4.25B
- Outstanding Shares: 95,290,000
- Beta: 0.87
- Net Margins: 3.69%
- Return on Equity: 17.17%
- Return on Assets: 6.82%
Companies Related to Patterson Companies:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.72%
- Current Ratio: 1.94%
- Quick Ratio: 1.10%
What is Patterson Companies' stock symbol?
Patterson Companies trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "PDCO."
How often does Patterson Companies pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Patterson Companies?
Patterson Companies declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, December 14th. Stockholders of record on Friday, January 13th will be given a dividend of $0.24 per share on Friday, January 27th. This represents a $0.96 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.15%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, January 11th.
Where is Patterson Companies' stock going? Where will Patterson Companies' stock price be in 2017?
8 brokerages have issued 1 year price targets for Patterson Companies' stock. Their forecasts range from $39.00 to $55.00. On average, they expect Patterson Companies' stock price to reach $44.00 in the next year.
When will Patterson Companies announce their earnings?
Patterson Companies is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Thursday, February, 23rd 2017.
What are analysts saying about Patterson Companies stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Patterson Companies stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Our accompanying survey diligence (n = 72) highlights near-term market share concerns for Patterson's dental business amid turnover in the company's sales reps and decision not to extend exclusivity for Sirona equipment (largely CEREC and imaging) after September 2017. Longer term, our findings suggest pressure from alternative sources of supply (e.g., Amazon) is creeping into the equation and the prominence of GPOs seems likely to increase, which in short, could shift purchasing power toward the dental practices and curtail future growth. Additionally, competition for large DSO contracts is heating up as evidenced by the recent Patterson / Heartland deal. While Dental and Veterinary continue to offer compelling end market dynamics, the headwinds detailed in our survey keep us on the sidelines with the belief that the lower multiples recently ascribed to these businesses may become the new normal. We reiterate our Hold rating on PDCO and lower our target price to $39 (from $41)." (1/30/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "In the past six months, Patterson Companies has been underperforming the broader industry in terms of price performance. Additionally, a disappointing estimate revision trend indicates looming concerns for the stock ahead. Meanwhile, Patterson Companies posted unimpressive results for the second quarter of fiscal 2017, missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate on both counts. Unfavorable foreign exchange rate and higher operating expenses are major concerns at present. The U.S. dental products distribution industry is highly competitive, which poises a major threat to Patterson Companies. Meanwhile, consumable sales at the Dental platform of the company posted lackluster performance in the last reported quarter, which marred prospects in the niche segment. " (1/24/2017)
Who owns Patterson Companies stock?
Patterson Companies' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (4.31%), Westwood Holdings Group Inc. (1.77%), FMR LLC (1.56%), Gamco Investors INC. ET AL (1.49%), Arrowpoint Asset Management LLC (1.12%) and Guggenheim Capital LLC (1.03%). Company insiders that own Patterson Companies stock include Ann B Gugino, Ellen A Rudnick, James W Wiltz, Jerome E Thygesen and John D Buck.
Who sold Patterson Companies stock? Who is selling Patterson Companies stock?
Patterson Companies' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Martingale Asset Management L P, I.G. Investment Management LTD., FMR LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, State Street Corp, Janus Capital Management LLC, Gamco Investors INC. ET AL and Stone Run Capital LLC.
Who bought Patterson Companies stock? Who is buying Patterson Companies stock?
Patterson Companies' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Westwood Holdings Group Inc., Van ECK Associates Corp, Arrowpoint Asset Management LLC, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Highland Capital Management LP, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Summit Global Investments and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP.
How do I buy Patterson Companies stock?
Shares of Patterson Companies can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Patterson Companies stock cost?
One share of Patterson Companies stock can currently be purchased for approximately $44.60.