About Radius Health (NASDAQ:RDUS)
Radius Health, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes endocrine therapeutics in the areas of osteoporosis and oncology. The company markets TYMLOS for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. It is also developing abaloparatide transdermal patch, a short-wear-time patch formulation of abaloparatide that is in Phase III clinical trial to treat postmenopausal women with osteoporosis; RAD1901, a selective estrogen receptor down-regulator/degrader, which is in Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer; and RAD140, a non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator that is in Phase I clinical trial to treat breast cancer. The company has collaborations and license agreements with 3M; Ipsen Pharma SAS; Eisai Co. Ltd.; Duke University; and Teijin Limited, as well as research and development agreements with Nordic Bioscience Clinical Development VII A/S. Radius Health, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-5.29
Forward P/E Ratio-5.93
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$22.11 million
Price / Sales63.08
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$5.43 per share
Price / Book5.65
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($5.80)
Return on Equity-108.95%
Return on Assets-64.23%
Radius Health (NASDAQ:RDUS) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Radius Health's stock symbol?
Radius Health trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "RDUS."
How were Radius Health's earnings last quarter?
Radius Health Inc (NASDAQ:RDUS) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 10th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($1.37) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($1.46) by $0.09. The biopharmaceutical company had revenue of $14.50 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $13.80 million. Radius Health had a negative return on equity of 108.95% and a negative net margin of 706.11%. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned ($1.32) earnings per share. View Radius Health's Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for RDUS?
9 Wall Street analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Radius Health's stock. Their predictions range from $31.00 to $85.00. On average, they anticipate Radius Health's share price to reach $54.25 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Radius Health.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Radius Health stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Radius Health stock:
- 1. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "TYMLOS Growing the Market. RDUS reported 1Q18 sales of $14.5 mln, up from $7.7 in the prior quarter. The launch is modest, which is not surprising given the specialty market and reimbursement/coverage ramp. What is a positive dynamic, in our view, is the market growth overall, with TYMLOS both capturing market share and growing the market overall for anabolics." (5/11/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Radius received a major boost with the approval of Tymlos for the treatment of postmenopausal women with high risk osteoporosis for fracture. Although the osteoporosis market has a great potential as approximately 1.4 million postmenopausal women in the United States experience an osteoporotic fracture each year, Tymlos is expected to face significant competition from Forteo and Prolia. Further, the company suffered a setback when the CHMP issued a negative trend vote on the benefit-risk balance for the MAA for abaloparatide-SC in an oral explanation. The CHMP will therefore adopt a negative opinion on the same. The delay in getting approval in Europe is disappointing given the market potential. The company’s shares have underperformed the industry in the last three months. Meanwhile, estimates are stable ahead of the first-quarter results (scheduled on May 8)." (5/2/2018)
- 3. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "Date and time of first dissemination: July 31, 2017, 12:01 ET Date and time of production: July 31, 2017, 12:01 ET Target Price / Valuation Methodology: Radius Health – RDUS Our $85 price target is based on a probability adjusted EV/S methodology." (7/31/2017)
Who are some of Radius Health's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Radius Health include Catalent (CTLT), Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO), Loxo Oncology (LOXO), United Therapeutics (UTHR), GALAPAGOS NV/S (GLPG), FibroGen (FGEN), Taro Pharmaceutical Industries (TARO), HUTCHISON CHINA/S (HCM), Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND), GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH), Array Biopharma (ARRY), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) and Blueprint Medicines (BPMC).
Who are Radius Health's key executives?
Radius Health's management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. Gregory Williams Ph.D., MBA, Chief Devel. Officer (Age 59)
- Dr. Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick M.D., Chief Medical Officer (Age 64)
- Mr. Brian Nicholas Harvey, Advisor (Age 57)
- Mr. Jesper Høiland, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 58)
- Dr. Stavros C. Manolagas M.D., Ph.D., Co-Founder and Member of the Scientific Advisory Board
Has Radius Health been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about RDUS stock have been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern. The research group identifies positive and negative media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Radius Health earned a news impact score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also gave news stories about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the next several days.
Who are Radius Health's major shareholders?
Radius Health's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BB Biotech AG (12.94%), Farallon Capital Management LLC (8.99%), MPM Asset Management LLC (8.84%), Point72 Asset Management L.P. (4.05%), OppenheimerFunds Inc. (1.84%) and Franklin Resources Inc. (0.82%). Company insiders that own Radius Health stock include Brent Hatzis-Schoch, Growth N V Biotech, Jesper Hoiland and Jose Carmona. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Radius Health.
Which institutional investors are selling Radius Health stock?
RDUS stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Point72 Asset Management L.P., Artal Group S.A., DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale, Franklin Resources Inc., Sei Investments Co., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Teacher Retirement System of Texas and Guggenheim Capital LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Radius Health.
Which institutional investors are buying Radius Health stock?
RDUS stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including OppenheimerFunds Inc., BB Biotech AG, Farallon Capital Management LLC, Eversept Partners LLC, MPM Asset Management LLC, Spark Investment Management LLC, UBS Group AG and Candriam Luxembourg S.C.A.. Company insiders that have bought Radius Health stock in the last two years include Brent Hatzis-Schoch, Growth N V Biotech, Jesper Hoiland and Jose Carmona. View Insider Buying and Selling for Radius Health.
How do I buy shares of Radius Health?
Shares of RDUS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Radius Health's stock price today?
One share of RDUS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $30.68.
How big of a company is Radius Health?
Radius Health has a market capitalization of $1.39 billion and generates $22.11 million in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-254,230,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($5.80) on an earnings per share basis. Radius Health employs 561 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Radius Health?
Radius Health's mailing address is 950 WINTER STREET, WALTHAM MA, 02451. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 617-551-4000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Radius Health (RDUS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Radius Health and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe RDUS will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe RDUS will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.