About Regulus Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RGLS)
Regulus Therapeutics Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery and development of medicines that target microRNAs to treat a range of diseases in the United States and Europe. Its two lead product candidates, RG-012 and RGLS4326, are in clinical development. RG-012 is an anti-miR targeting miR-21 in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of Alport syndrome, a life-threatening kidney disease. RGLS4326 is an anti-miR targeting miR-17 in Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. The company is also developing a pipeline of preclinical drug product candidates in renal, hepatic, and central nervous systems diseases. Regulus Therapeutics Inc. was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-0.74
Forward P/E Ratio-1.16
Sales & Book Value
Price / Sales1,058.10
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$0.34 per share
Price / Book2.09
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.96)
Return on Equity-214.48%
Return on Assets-92.85%
Regulus Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RGLS) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Regulus Therapeutics' stock symbol?
Regulus Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "RGLS."
How were Regulus Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
Regulus Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:RGLS) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 10th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.15) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the consensus estimate of ($0.15). The biopharmaceutical company earned $0.02 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $0.02 million. Regulus Therapeutics had a negative return on equity of 214.48% and a negative net margin of 94,318.05%. View Regulus Therapeutics' Earnings History.
When is Regulus Therapeutics' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for RGLS?
6 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Regulus Therapeutics' stock. Their forecasts range from $1.00 to $3.00. On average, they anticipate Regulus Therapeutics' stock price to reach $1.75 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Regulus Therapeutics.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Regulus Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Regulus Therapeutics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Regulus Therapeutics Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing drugs that target microRNAs, called microRNA therapeutics. The Company's products aim to treat or prevent hepatitis C infections, cardiovascular disease, fibrosis, oncology, immuno-inflammatory diseases, and metabolic diseases. Regulus Therapeutics Inc. is based in La Jolla, California. " (5/18/2018)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Regulus reported 3Q17 financial results last wk and we met w/ mgmt for an update today. Both planned clinical trials of RG-012 in Alport Syndrome pts are now underway and an IND has been submitted for RGLS4326 in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease. Mgmt has identified male X-linked Alport Syndrome as target pt population for clinical development going forward, due to rapid and homogeneous disease progression. We expect top-line results from 10- patient RG-012 biopsy trial early next yr and from 40-patient RG-012 HERA Phase 2 efficacy trial in early 2019. Maintain HOLD, awaiting more data from lead RG-012 program, but also note encouraging progression of platform/ pipeline behind it." (11/14/2017)
Who are some of Regulus Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Regulus Therapeutics include CTI BioPharma (CTIC), Ra Pharmaceuticals (RARX), Biofrontera (BFRA), Selecta Biosciences (SELB), Melinta Therapeutics (MLNT), Avadel Pharmaceuticals (AVDL), ASLAN PHARMACEUTICALS ADR REP 5 (ASLN), CELYAD SA/ADR (CYAD), Sierra Oncology (SRRA), Cue Biopharma (CUE), Innovate Biopharmaceuticals (INNT), MannKind (MNKD), AVEO Pharmaceuticals (AVEO), Galmed Pharmaceuticals (GLMD) and Vital Therapies (VTL).
Who are Regulus Therapeutics' key executives?
Regulus Therapeutics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Joseph P. Hagan, Chief Exec. Officer, Pres and Director (Age 49)
- Dr. Timothy Michael Wright M.D., Ph.D., Chief R&D Officer (Age 62)
- Mr. Daniel R. Chevallard CPA, Chief Financial Officer
- Ms. Allison Wey, VP of Investor Relations & Corp. Communications
- Mr. Christopher Aker J.D., VP of Legal Affairs & Corp. Sec.
Has Regulus Therapeutics been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media coverage about RGLS stock has been trending somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research group identifies negative and positive news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Regulus Therapeutics earned a media sentiment score of 0.10 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.61 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the near future.
Who are Regulus Therapeutics' major shareholders?
Regulus Therapeutics' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Point72 Asset Management L.P. (0.71%) and A.R.T. Advisors LLC (0.16%). Company insiders that own Regulus Therapeutics stock include Daniel R Chevallard, Joseph P Hagan, Stelios Papadopoulos and William H Rastetter. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Regulus Therapeutics.
Which major investors are selling Regulus Therapeutics stock?
Which major investors are buying Regulus Therapeutics stock?
RGLS stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including A.R.T. Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have bought Regulus Therapeutics stock in the last two years include Daniel R Chevallard, Joseph P Hagan, Stelios Papadopoulos and William H Rastetter. View Insider Buying and Selling for Regulus Therapeutics.
How do I buy shares of Regulus Therapeutics?
Shares of RGLS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Regulus Therapeutics' stock price today?
One share of RGLS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $0.71.
How big of a company is Regulus Therapeutics?
Regulus Therapeutics has a market capitalization of $74.07 million and generates $70,000.00 in revenue each year. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-71,900,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.96) on an earnings per share basis. Regulus Therapeutics employs 63 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Regulus Therapeutics?
Regulus Therapeutics' mailing address is 10614 SCIENCE CENTER DRIVE, SAN DIEGO CA, 92121. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 858-202-6300 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Regulus Therapeutics (RGLS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Regulus Therapeutics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe RGLS will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe RGLS will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.