About Regenxbio (NASDAQ:RGNX)
REGENXBIO Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, provides gene therapy product candidates to deliver genes to cells to address genetic defects or to enable cells in the body to produce therapeutic proteins that are intended to impact disease. Its gene therapy product candidates are based on NAV Technology Platform, a proprietary adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene delivery platform. The company's lead product candidate is RGX-314 for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration. It is also developing RGX-501 for the treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, which uses the AAV8 vector to deliver the human low-density lipoprotein receptor gene to liver cells; and RGX-111 to treat the neurological symptoms of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I that uses the AAV9 vector to deliver the human a-l-iduronidase gene to the central nervous system (CNS). In addition, the company engages in the development of RGX-121 for the treatment of neurological symptoms of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type II, which uses the AAV9 vector to deliver the human iduronate-2-sulfatase gene to the CNS. Further, it licenses its NAV technology platform to other biotechnology companies. The company was formerly known as REGENX Biosciences, LLC and changed its name to REGENXBIO Inc. in September 2014. REGENXBIO Inc. was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Biological products, except diagnostic
Trailing P/E Ratio-23.18
Forward P/E Ratio30.13
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$10.39 million
Price / Sales175.07
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$5.88 per share
Price / Book9.69
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($2.45)
Return on Equity23.27%
Return on Assets21.78%
Regenxbio (NASDAQ:RGNX) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Regenxbio's stock symbol?
Regenxbio trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "RGNX."
How were Regenxbio's earnings last quarter?
Regenxbio Inc (NASDAQ:RGNX) issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The biotechnology company reported $3.04 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $1.00 by $2.04. The biotechnology company had revenue of $132.39 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $80 million. Regenxbio had a net margin of 37.28% and a return on equity of 23.27%. View Regenxbio's Earnings History.
When is Regenxbio's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for RGNX?
7 brokers have issued twelve-month price objectives for Regenxbio's stock. Their forecasts range from $25.00 to $90.00. On average, they anticipate Regenxbio's share price to reach $44.1429 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Regenxbio.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Regenxbio stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Regenxbio stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "REGENXBIO Inc. is a biotechnology company. The Company focuses on the development, commercialization and licensing of recombinant adeno-associated virus gene therapy. Its products candidates include RGX-501, for the treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia which uses the AAV8 vector to deliver the human low-density lipoprotein receptor gene to liver cells; RGX-111, for the treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I which uses the AAV9 vector to deliver the human a-l-iduronidase gene to the central nervous system; RGX-121, for the treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type II; RGX-314, for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration and RGX-321, for the treatment of X-linked retinitis pigmentosa. REGENXBIO Inc. is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. " (4/17/2018)
- 2. Chardan Capital analysts commented, "We have long highlighted the importance of vector science for the progress in GT; and, we see Commissioner Gottlieb’s comments as highly supportive of our views. We again highlight REGENXBIO (Buy) (a Chardan Top Pick for 2017, and our Gene Therapy Top Pick) as the best way to play the emergence of in vivo GT, due to the company’s: (1) rights to 100+ vectors, (2) partnerships with 10 companies, (3) 25 or so internal and external product candidates, over 10 of which are in clinical development, and (4) abundance of important 2017 catalysts, which to us represent upside options." (12/11/2017)
Who are some of Regenxbio's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Regenxbio include BIO-TECHNE (TECH), Ablynx (ABLYF), argenx (ARGX), Spark Therapeutics (ONCE), Crispr Therapeutics (CRSP), Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO), China Biologic Products (CBPO), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI), Atara Biotherapeutics (ATRA), Repligen (RGEN), Editas Medicine (EDIT), Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA), Denali Therapeutics (DNLI), Acceleron Pharma (XLRN) and Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO).
Who are Regenxbio's key executives?
Regenxbio's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Kenneth T. Mills, CEO, Pres & Director (Age 43)
- Mr. Vittal K. Vasista, Chief Financial Officer (Age 50)
- Dr. Olivier Danos, Chief Scientific Officer (Age 60)
- Mr. Curran M. Simpson, Sr. VP of Technical Operations (Age 56)
- Mr. Patrick J. Christmas II, Sr. VP & Gen. Counsel (Age 47)
Has Regenxbio been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about RGNX stock has trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern. The research group rates the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Regenxbio earned a daily sentiment score of 0.17 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news coverage about the biotechnology company an impact score of 43.87 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Regenxbio's major shareholders?
Regenxbio's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (6.97%), Redmile Group LLC (6.67%), Franklin Resources Inc. (2.41%), Millennium Management LLC (0.72%), Botty Investors LLC (0.63%) and WS Management Lllp (0.63%). Company insiders that own Regenxbio stock include Curran Simpson, Donald J Hayden Jr, Kenneth T Mills, Patrick J Christmas, Stephen Yoo and Vittal Vasista. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Regenxbio.
Which institutional investors are selling Regenxbio stock?
RGNX stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc., Millennium Management LLC, BlackRock Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Legal & General Group Plc and California State Teachers Retirement System. Company insiders that have sold Regenxbio company stock in the last year include Curran Simpson, Donald J Hayden Jr, Kenneth T Mills, Patrick J Christmas, Stephen Yoo and Vittal Vasista. View Insider Buying and Selling for Regenxbio.
Which institutional investors are buying Regenxbio stock?
RGNX stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Redmile Group LLC, WS Management Lllp, Sphera Funds Management LTD., A.R.T. Advisors LLC, Altrinsic Global Advisors LLC, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH and Highbridge Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Regenxbio.
How do I buy shares of Regenxbio?
Shares of RGNX can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Regenxbio's stock price today?
One share of RGNX stock can currently be purchased for approximately $56.95.
How big of a company is Regenxbio?
Regenxbio has a market capitalization of $1.82 billion and generates $10.39 million in revenue each year. The biotechnology company earns $-73,160,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($2.45) on an earnings per share basis. Regenxbio employs 139 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Regenxbio?
Regenxbio's mailing address is 9600 BLACKWELL ROAD SUITE 210, ROCKVILLE MD, 20850. The biotechnology company can be reached via phone at 240-552-8181 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Regenxbio (RGNX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Regenxbio and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe RGNX will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe RGNX will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.