About SINA Corp (SINA)
Sina Corporation is an online media company serving China and the global Chinese communities. The Company's digital media network of SINA.com (portal), SINA mobile (mobile portal and mobile applications) and Weibo (social media) enables Internet users to access professional media and user generated content (UGCs) in multi-media formats from personal computers and mobile devices, and share their interests with friends and acquaintances. The Company's segments include Portal advertising, Weibo Corporation (Weibo) and Others. SINA.com is an online media property, which provides professional digital contents to users and offers online brand advertising and marketing solutions to customers. Weibo is a social media platform for people to create, distribute and discover Chinese-language content. It offers eReading, a shop for book reviews, as well as complimentary and fee-based online book reading. It offers SINA Blog, a Website in China for bloggers to publish and read original writings.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Internet Software & Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: SINA
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $69.88
- 50 Day Moving Average: $72.09
- 200 Day Moving Average: $71.97
- 52-Week Range: $44.57 - $85.24
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.32
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 20.34
- P/E Growth: -1.47
- Market Cap: $4.97B
- Outstanding Shares: 70,419,000
- Beta: 1.15
- Net Margins: 22.57%
- Return on Equity: 5.05%
- Return on Assets: 3.28%
- Current Ratio: 1.73%
- Quick Ratio: 1.73%
Companies Related to SINA Corp:
Earnings History for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)Earnings History by Quarter for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/9/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|2/22/2017||Q416||$0.55||$0.63||$301.56 million||$310.80 million||View||Listen|
|11/21/2016||Q316||$0.35||$0.56||$265.30 million||$272.30 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||$0.15||$0.27||$231.09 million||$244.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/11/2016||Q116||($0.05)||($0.04)||$189.47 million||$198.70 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2016||Q415||$0.33||$0.35||$241.73 million||$226.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/18/2015||Q315||$0.20||$0.39||$222.76 million||$226.30 million||View||Listen|
|8/18/2015||Q2||$0.05||$0.06||$199.78 million||$213.60 million||View||Listen|
|5/14/2015||Q115||($0.08)||$0.04||$180.72 million||$182.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2015||Q414||$0.18||$0.24||$207.61 million||$208.50 million||View||Listen|
|11/13/2014||Q314||$0.17||$0.19||$196.40 million||$196.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/14/2014||Q214||$0.08||$0.17||$180.03 million||$187.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/21/2014||Q114||$0.15||$0.15||$165.03 million||$171.50 million||View||Listen|
|2/24/2014||Q413||$0.46||$0.47||$191.84 million||$197.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/12/2013||Q313||$0.32||$0.42||$178.61 million||$179.94 million||View||Listen|
|8/12/2013||Q2 2013||$0.12||$0.21||$145.18 million||$157.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/16/2013||Q1 2013||($0.03)||$0.02||$117.54 million||$126.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/19/2013||Q4 2012||$0.05||$0.13||$133.86 million||$139.10 million||View||Listen|
|11/15/2012||Q312||$0.11||$0.17||$146.03 million||$147.70 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.36 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.47 EPS
Dividend History for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)
Latest Headlines for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)
Frequently Asked Questions for SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA)
What is SINA Corp's stock symbol?
SINA Corp trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "SINA."
How were SINA Corp's earnings last quarter?
SINA Corp (NASDAQ:SINA) issued its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, February, 22nd. The company reported $0.63 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.55 by $0.08. The company earned $310.80 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $301.56 million. SINA Corp had a net margin of 22.57% and a return on equity of 5.05%. SINA Corp's revenue was up 21.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the company posted $0.35 EPS.
When will SINA Corp make its next earnings announcement?
SINA Corp is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 9th 2017.
Where is SINA Corp's stock going? Where will SINA Corp's stock price be in 2017?
5 analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for SINA Corp's shares. Their predictions range from $69.00 to $98.00. On average, they anticipate SINA Corp's stock price to reach $80.67 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about SINA Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about SINA Corp stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "SINA Corp's revenues continue to register strong growth driven primarily by Weibo. The company is taking a number of initiatives to further increase monetization on Weibo. It has already initiated live video streaming on the platform, which is expected to be an important growth factor as mobile users in China are on the rise. Apart from Weibo, other key growth drivers include a strong product pipeline and a robust user base for its e-commerce offerings. Over the past one year, shares have vastly outperformed the broader market. However, the company’s business is likely to be impacted by soft macroeconomic conditions in the region." (3/16/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We expect Sina's portal ad revenue to stabilize going into FY17 with the removal of Alibaba-related impact and a more favorable mobile traffic mix towards news app. We continue to see Sina as a value play with net cash and investment representing more than half of currently trading market cap. Maintain Buy; revise up PT by 3% to USD98... Solid 4Q16 results. Non-GAAP revenue came in at USD310.8mn, +22.6% YoY, 2.0%/2.9% above Street/our est. Non-GAAP operating margin was 26.4%, +10.5pcpt YoY, +5.7pcpt QoQ. Non-GAAP net profit grew 94.5% YoY to USD48.2mn, 1.5% above consensus and 7.9% above our est. Management issued FY17 revenue guidance at USD1.30bn-1.44bn, midpoint of which represents 7% above consensus." (3/2/2017)
Are investors shorting SINA Corp?
SINA Corp saw a increase in short interest during the month of February. As of February 28th, there was short interest totalling 1,158,015 shares, an increase of 97.9% from the February 15th total of 585,274 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 1,450,860 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 0.8 days.
Who owns SINA Corp stock?
SINA Corp's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Two Sigma Investments LP (1.41%), State Street Corp (1.14%), Baillie Gifford & Co. (0.81%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.78%), FIL Ltd (0.71%) and Norges Bank (0.60%).
Who sold SINA Corp stock? Who is selling SINA Corp stock?
SINA Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Credit Agricole S A, FMR LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, J. Goldman & Co LP, GLG Partners LP, FIL Ltd, Oxford Asset Management and GSA Capital Partners LLP.
Who bought SINA Corp stock? Who is buying SINA Corp stock?
SINA Corp's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Norges Bank, Brown Advisory Inc., Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Dymon Asia Capital Ltd., Two Sigma Investments LP and Maso Capital Partners Ltd.
How do I buy SINA Corp stock?
Shares of SINA Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of SINA Corp stock cost?
One share of SINA Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $70.59.
SINA Corp (SINA) Chart for Thursday, March, 23, 2017