About Solid Biosciences (NASDAQ:SLDB)
Solid Biosciences Inc. engages in identifying and developing therapies for duchenne muscular dystrophy in the United States. Its lead product candidate includes SGT-001, a gene therapy that is in Phase I/II clinical trials to restore functional dystrophin protein expression in patients' muscles. The company's product candidates also comprise SB-001, a monoclonal antibody to reduce fibrosis and inflammation. In addition, it is developing soft wearable assistive devices that have functional and therapeutic benefits to DMD patients. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Biological products, except diagnostic
Trailing P/E Ratio-9.20
Forward P/E Ratio-12.05
Sales & Book Value
Price / SalesN/A
Price / CashN/A
Book Value($1.73) per share
Price / Book-15.32
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)N/A
Return on EquityN/A
Return on AssetsN/A
Solid Biosciences (NASDAQ:SLDB) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Solid Biosciences' stock symbol?
Solid Biosciences trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "SLDB."
How were Solid Biosciences' earnings last quarter?
Solid Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ:SLDB) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 10th. The company reported ($0.54) EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($0.58) by $0.04. View Solid Biosciences' Earnings History.
When is Solid Biosciences' next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for SLDB?
6 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Solid Biosciences' shares. Their forecasts range from $28.00 to $52.00. On average, they expect Solid Biosciences' stock price to reach $35.5833 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Solid Biosciences.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Solid Biosciences stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Solid Biosciences stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Solid Biosciences LLC is a life science company. It focuses on developing therapies for Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The company is engaged in developing gene therapies, disease modifying therapies and assistive devices, all targeting the various facets of the DMD. Its product candidate includes SGT-001, a gene transfer candidate which is in Phase I/II clinical trial to restore functional dystrophin protein expression in patients' muscles. Solid Biosciences LLC is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. " (6/14/2018)
- 2. Chardan Capital analysts commented, "We would view increased initial monitoring as a positive resolution, given that SGT-001 is a one- time treatment and not chronically administered. In today’s release, Solid also highlighted a new exclusive option agreement with Lonza (unrated), related to Lonza’s collaboration with Ear (MEE; see our 18 September 2016 research). The Lonza agreement provides Solid with access to a library of novel AAV capsids with the potential to license some of the technology, strengthening Solid’s capabilities. Based on recent events, we affirm our Buy rating, and establish a new PT of $37.50. To account for the clinical hold, offset some by the resolution of the partial manufacturing hold, we increase our WACC from 12.8% to 13.5%. Our POS for SGT-001 remains at 35%." (5/10/2018)
Are investors shorting Solid Biosciences?
Solid Biosciences saw a increase in short interest during the month of May. As of May 15th, there was short interest totalling 1,220,164 shares, an increase of 44.6% from the April 30th total of 843,690 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 246,896 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 4.9 days. Currently, 6.4% of the shares of the company are short sold.
Who are some of Solid Biosciences' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Solid Biosciences include argenx (ARGX), Spark Therapeutics (ONCE), Crispr Therapeutics (CRSP), Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO), China Biologic Products (CBPO), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI), Atara Biotherapeutics (ATRA), Repligen (RGEN), Regenxbio (RGNX), Editas Medicine (EDIT), Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA), Denali Therapeutics (DNLI), Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO) and Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR).
Who are Solid Biosciences' key executives?
Solid Biosciences' management team includes the folowing people:
- Ms. Jennifer Ziolkowski CPA, CFO, Treasurer & Assistant Sec. (Age 44)
- Dr. Jorge A. Quiroz M.D., Chief Medical Officer (Age 48)
- Dr. Andrey Zarur Ph.D., Co-Founder & Chairman of Directors (Age 47)
- Mr. Ilan Ganot, Co-Founder, CEO & Director (Age 44)
- Mr. Gilad David Hayeem, Co-Founder, Pres & Director (Age 50)
When did Solid Biosciences IPO?
(SLDB) raised $130 million in an IPO on Friday, January 26th 2018. The company issued 7,000,000 shares at $18.00-$19.00 per share. J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Leerink Partners served as the underwriters for the IPO and Nomura and Chardan were co-managers.
When does Solid Biosciences' lock-up period expire?
Solid Biosciences' lock-up period expires on Wednesday, July 25th. Solid Biosciences had issued 7,812,500 shares in its initial public offering on January 26th. The total size of the offering was $125,000,000 based on an initial share price of $16.00. After the expiration of Solid Biosciences' lock-up period, restrictions preventing major shareholders and company insiders from selling shares in the company will be lifted.
Has Solid Biosciences been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media coverage about SLDB stock has trended somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm ranks the sentiment of press coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Solid Biosciences earned a daily sentiment score of 0.11 on Accern's scale. They also gave news coverage about the company an impact score of 46.55 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are Solid Biosciences' major shareholders?
Solid Biosciences' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include JPMorgan Chase & Co. (9.42%), BlackRock Inc. (1.80%), Eventide Asset Management LLC (1.13%), Foresite Capital Management III LLC (0.95%), venBio Select Advisor LLC (0.78%) and Millennium Management LLC (0.76%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Solid Biosciences.
Which institutional investors are buying Solid Biosciences stock?
SLDB stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., BlackRock Inc., Eventide Asset Management LLC, Foresite Capital Management III LLC, venBio Select Advisor LLC, Millennium Management LLC, Artal Group S.A. and Foresite Capital Management IV LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Solid Biosciences.
How do I buy shares of Solid Biosciences?
Shares of SLDB can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Solid Biosciences' stock price today?
One share of SLDB stock can currently be purchased for approximately $26.50.
How big of a company is Solid Biosciences?
Solid Biosciences has a market capitalization of $939.74 million. The company earns $-52,110,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($2.88) on an earnings per share basis. Solid Biosciences employs 60 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Solid Biosciences?
Solid Biosciences' mailing address is 141 PORTLAND STREET FIFTH FLOOR, CAMBRIDGE MA, 02139. The company can be reached via phone at 617-337-4680.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Solid Biosciences (SLDB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Solid Biosciences and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe SLDB will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe SLDB will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.