TripAdvisor, Inc. is an online travel company, which owns and operates a portfolio of online travel brands. TripAdvisor, the Company's flagship brand, is a travel Website. The Company operates in two segments. The Hotel segment's services include making hotel room nights available for price comparison and booking, including instant booking feature, as well as subscription-based hotel products, such as Business Listings, and transaction-based hotel products, such as Jetsetter and Tingo. Its Other segment consists of three segments, which include Attractions, Restaurants and Vacation Rentals. The Company, through viator.com (Viator), provides information and services for researching and booking destination activities around the world. Its Restaurants business consists of its Websites that provide online and mobile reservation services. The Company offers individual property owners and property managers to list their properties available for rental and connect with travelers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Internet Information Providers
- Sub-Industry: Internet Retail
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: TRIP
- CUSIP: 89694520
- Previous Close: $43.46
- 50 Day Moving Average: $51.08
- 200 Day Moving Average: $55.88
- 52-Week Range: $42.00 - $71.69
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 52.44
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 28.04
- P/E Growth: 5.91
- Market Cap: $6.20B
- Outstanding Shares: 144,110,000
- Beta: 2.02
- Net Margins: 8.08%
- Return on Equity: 12.67%
- Return on Assets: 8.39%
Companies Related to TripAdvisor:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.01%
- Current Ratio: 2.15%
- Quick Ratio: 2.15%
What is TripAdvisor's stock symbol?
TripAdvisor trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "TRIP."
Where is TripAdvisor's stock going? Where will TripAdvisor's stock price be in 2017?
23 equities research analysts have issued 1-year target prices for TripAdvisor's shares. Their forecasts range from $35.00 to $90.00. On average, they expect TripAdvisor's stock price to reach $55.06 in the next year.
When will TripAdvisor announce their earnings?
TripAdvisor is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 2nd 2017.
What are analysts saying about TripAdvisor stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about TripAdvisor stock:
- Cowen and Company analysts commented, "We are downgrading TRIP to Underperform and lowering our price target to $35, on our view that "Meta Wars" will drive profit declines as TRIP invests in brand ads to stop share losses. We are now 20% below consensus EBITDA in '17 at $275M and 40% below in '18 at $250M. We see investment as the right move, but are cautious on shares until profit expectations reset." (2/22/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "TripAdvisor reported another miss qtr as 2H recovery was softer than expected. The impact of IB on rev per hotel shopper (improving but still down 7% Y/Y) continues to put pressure on Hotel segment direct mktg spend and competitors keep outspending TRIP in paid mktg channels. To counter that, going into 2017 mgmt plans to materially increase performance mktg spend to trade some profitability for top line growth' TripAdvisor reported Q4 results well below expectations with total rev up 2% Y/Y (+4% ex-FX) to $316MM, below Street's $327MM. Adj EBITDA came in at $58MM, below Street's $77MM, while Operating EPS of $0.16 missed cons by $0.14. Hotel revenue declined 3% Y/Y to $252MM while Non-Hotel revenue increased 31% Y/Y to $64MM." (2/17/2017)
- Evercore ISI analysts commented, "TRIP forecast its 2017 adj. EBITDA flat to down vs. 2016 on an absolute basis, missing our $402mm (or +8% y/y) estimate by ~13%, with this guidance offering further reduction from prior management commentary in which 2017 margins were targeted to simply be lower y/ y. This, coupled with the double digit revenue growth expected (largely consistent with our 13% y/y prior estimate), implies ~200bps of additional margin compression (vs. our 100bps estimate) as TRIP intends to invest more aggressively into performance marketing channels on the back of lapping its Instant Book monetization headwinds." (2/17/2017)
- Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We maintain a Neutral rating and $60 PT on TRIP. We expect TRIP's 4Q results to be in line with muted Street expectations when it reports earnings on Wednesday, 2/15 (post-close). The 4Q will likely show continued progress in improving the monetization of Instant Book (IB) and mobile hotel shoppers, in our view. Our checks point to a slowdown in traffic to TRIP sites in 4Q, which we view as an incrementally negative read for hotel shopper growth. EXPE's results suggest that online travel grew at a steady pace in 4Q, which we view as a broad positive for all players, including TRIP." (2/13/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "TripAdvisor is one of the largest online travel research companies in the world. Over the last one year, the stock has underperformed the Zacks characterised Electronic Commerec Industry. However, the secular growth trend in the online travel space, the company’s solid fundamentals, growth initiatives, partnerships to boost hotel bookings, strong focus on developing its mobile products, expansion into the international restaurant reservation space and improvement in user growth and engagement, especially related to mobile devices are likely to help the company to achieve desired results. Macro headwinds, increasing competition and uncertainty regarding the timeline for recovery of investments remain overhangs." (2/7/2017)
Who owns TripAdvisor stock?
TripAdvisor's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Baillie Gifford & Co. (8.52%), Brown Advisory Inc. (4.54%), State Street Corp (3.24%), Highfields Capital Management LP (1.75%), FMR LLC (1.34%) and Immersion Capital LLP (0.96%). Company insiders that own TripAdvisor stock include Barrie Seidenberg, Dermot Halpin and Seth J Kalvert.
Who sold TripAdvisor stock? Who is selling TripAdvisor stock?
TripAdvisor's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Baillie Gifford & Co., FIL Ltd, Oxford Asset Management, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky, Two Sigma Investments LP and TCW Group Inc.. Company insiders that have sold TripAdvisor stock in the last year include Barrie Seidenberg, Dermot Halpin and Seth J Kalvert.
Who bought TripAdvisor stock? Who is buying TripAdvisor stock?
TripAdvisor's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Highfields Capital Management LP, EastBay Asset Management LLC, Immersion Capital LLP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Fred Alger Management Inc., State Street Corp, Asset Management One Co. Ltd. and Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI.
How do I buy TripAdvisor stock?
Shares of TripAdvisor can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of TripAdvisor stock cost?
One share of TripAdvisor stock can currently be purchased for approximately $42.62.