About Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
Albemarle Corporation is a global developer, manufacturer and marketer of highly-engineered specialty chemicals. The Company operates through three segments: Lithium and Advanced Materials, Bromine Specialties and Refining Solutions. Lithium and Advanced Materials segment consist of two product categories: Lithium and Performance Catalyst Solutions. The bromine and bromine-based business includes products used in fire safety solutions and other specialty chemicals applications. The Company serves various end markets, including petroleum refining, consumer electronics, energy storage, construction, automotive, lubricants, pharmaceuticals, crop protection, food safety and custom chemistry services. As of December 31, 2016, the Company and its joint ventures operated 31 production and research and development (R&D) facilities, as well as a number of administrative and sales offices, around the world.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Basic Materials
- Industry: Commodity Chemicals
- Sub-Industry: Specialty Chemicals
- Symbol: NYSE:ALB
- CUSIP: 01265310
- Web: www.albemarle.com
- Market Cap: $15.48385 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 110,472,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $128.91
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $115.43
- 52 Week Range: $76.32 - $140.70
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 17.83
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 27.94
- P/E Growth: 2.13
- Annual Revenue: $2.81 billion
- Price / Sales: 5.48
- Book Value: $34.07 per share
- Price / Book: 4.09
- Annual Dividend: $1.28
- Dividend Yield: 0.9%
- EBITDA: $744.58 million
- Net Margins: 31.49%
- Return on Equity: 11.59%
- Return on Assets: 5.42%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.36%
- Current Ratio: 2.24%
- Quick Ratio: 1.67%
- Average Volume: 1.36 million shs.
- Beta: 1.67
- Short Ratio: 3.07
Frequently Asked Questions for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
What is Albemarle Corporation's stock symbol?
Albemarle Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "ALB."
How often does Albemarle Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Albemarle Corporation?
Albemarle Corporation announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, July 10th. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 15th will be paid a dividend of $0.32 per share on Monday, October 2nd. This represents a $1.28 annualized dividend and a yield of 0.92%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, September 14th. View Albemarle Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Albemarle Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB) released its quarterly earnings data on Monday, August, 7th. The company reported $1.13 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $1.11 by $0.02. The company earned $737.25 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $735.50 million. Albemarle Corporation had a net margin of 31.49% and a return on equity of 11.59%. The company's revenue was up 10.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.93 EPS. View Albemarle Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Albemarle Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Albemarle Corporation issued on next quarter's earnings?
Albemarle Corporation updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Monday, August, 7th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $4.20-4.40 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $4.36. The company issued revenue guidance of $2.90-3.05 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $2.95 billion.
Where is Albemarle Corporation's stock going? Where will Albemarle Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
17 brokerages have issued 1-year price objectives for Albemarle Corporation's stock. Their forecasts range from $36.00 to $157.00. On average, they expect Albemarle Corporation's stock price to reach $121.88 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Albemarle Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Albemarle Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Albemarle Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Albemarle has outperformed the industry it belongs to over a year. Albemarle remains focused on strengthening its lithium business. It is well placed to leverage strong expected growth in the battery-grade lithium market. The company should also gain from the synergies of Rockwood Holdings acquisition. Albemarle is also divesting non-core assets to boost growth opportunities and focus on its key businesses. Moreover, the company remains committed to deliver incremental returns to shareholders." (10/17/2017)
- 2. UBS AG analysts commented, "Theme was 'potential 'drives everything ALB does'. Batteries store potential energy chemically, until needed to create electrical potential to power devices. Lithium chem. is the primary driver of ALB earnings growth. 2021 targets were introduced for 7-10% organic sales CAGR, primarily from lithium. Average EBITDA margins also targeted to reach 32-35% (vs. 29% 2017e), implying an EBITDA CAGR of 9%-15% (primarily from lithium, which improves margin mix)." (3/22/2017)
- 3. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "ALB introduced long-term revenue and EBITDA targets displaying strong lithium growth, and raised lithium market growth expectations given increasing electric vehicle and battery demand. Additionally, ALB remains well positioned in its catalyst and bromine businesses, which should provide cash flow for investment in expanded lithium production. We are confident in ALB's ability to ramp lithium production, and believe ALB is the best option to play a multiyear lithium growth cycle given ALB's resources and technical expertise. We remain buyers." (3/17/2017)
- 4. Instinet analysts commented, "We see 4Q as confirmation of ALB's significant leverage to rising lithium pricing, with a majority of 30% q-q EBITDA growth in the segment attributed to price. Price will remain an important contributor in 2017 (+10- 15%) based on contracts already locked for 80% of the business. We do not expect price to be a major source of upside to expectations until 2018+. However, with Li contracts now accounting for three to five years of production, volume ramp is being de-risked as well. Management is now looking to extend contract duration to six to seven years where possible. We do not suggest that EBITDA is riskless, but we would argue that ALB's Lithium business now has a high degree of protection vs. a short-term supply/demand disruption. Ultimately, we believe Li demand will surprise to the upside over next 2-3 years. However, ALB has reasonable protection in case of S/D hiccups, such as major slowdown in the China EV market or new supply hitting the market sooner than expected. We raise our target price to $118 from $102. FY17E EPS at $4.20; FY18E EPS at $4.43." (3/1/2017)
Who are some of Albemarle Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Albemarle Corporation include Celanese Corporation (CE), Eastman Chemical Company (EMN), Braskem S.A. (BAK), Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK), Chemours Company (The) (CC), Olin Corporation (OLN), NewMarket Corporation (NEU), Methanex Corporation (MEOH), Ingevity Corp (NGVT), Quaker Chemical Corporation (KWR), Calgon Carbon Corporation (CCC), A Schulman (SHLM), Koppers Holdings (KOP), Innophos Holdings (IPHS), CSW Industrials (CSWI), Westlake Chemical Partners LP (WLKP), Trecora Resources (TREC) and Enzymotec (ENZY).
Who are Albemarle Corporation's key executives?
Albemarle Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Luther C. Kissam IV, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Scott A. Tozier, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Karen G. Narwold, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
- Matthew K. Juneau, Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy
- Donald J. LaBauve Jr., Chief Accounting Officer, Vice President, Corporate Controller
- Jimmy W. Nokes, Lead Independent Director
- Laurie Brlas, Director
- William H. Hernandez, Independent Director
- Douglas L. Maine, Independent Director
- Jerry Kent Masters, Independent Director
How do I buy Albemarle Corporation stock?
Shares of Albemarle Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Albemarle Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE ALB)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Albemarle Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Albemarle Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $139.41.
Consensus Ratings for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||6 Hold Ratings, 11 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.65)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$121.88 (12.57% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
Analysts' Ratings History for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
(Data available from 10/18/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/16/2017||KeyCorp||Boost Price Target||Buy||$125.00 -> $150.00||N/A|
|10/16/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$133.00 -> $157.00||N/A|
|10/13/2017||Instinet||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$146.00 -> $154.00||N/A|
|10/10/2017||Nomura||Boost Price Target||Buy||$146.00 -> $154.00||N/A|
|10/6/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$139.66 -> $142.00||N/A|
|9/28/2017||Loop Capital||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$150.00||High|
|9/25/2017||Robert W. Baird||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||$134.29 -> $135.00||High|
|9/21/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Boost Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$144.00 -> $156.00||Low|
|9/20/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$136.00||Low|
|8/17/2017||CIBC||Initiated Coverage||Outperform -> Outperform||$133.00||Low|
|8/10/2017||Vertical Research||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$108.00 -> $109.00||Low|
|8/9/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$121.00||Medium|
|6/29/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$47.00||Low|
|6/29/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$36.00||Low|
|5/25/2017||Morgan Stanley||Lower Price Target||Equal Weight||$100.00 -> $72.00||Low|
|3/6/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$104.77 -> $112.00||N/A|
|8/24/2016||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|3/10/2016||Seaport Global Securities||Downgrade||Accumulate -> Neutral||$59.00||N/A|
|2/23/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$50.00 -> $52.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)Earnings History by Quarter for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE ALB)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/7/2017||Q2 2017||$1.11||$1.13||$735.50 million||$737.25 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||Q1 2017||$0.95||$1.05||$678.74 million||$722.06 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2017||Q416||$0.73||$0.78||$642.68 million||$696.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||$0.81||$0.91||$645.81 million||$654.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/3/2016||Q216||$1.00||$1.09||$860.40 million||$669.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/10/2016||Q116||$0.86||$1.12||$821.64 million||$865.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/17/2016||Q415||$0.83||$1.03||$891.88 million||$930.40 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2015||Q315||$0.89||$0.90||$950.25 million||$905.10 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.82||$0.84||$940.65 million||$931.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$0.71||$1.17||$913.20 million||$884.40 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2015||Q414||$1.01||$0.99||$638.76 million||$598.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/22/2014||Q314||$1.02||$1.14||$617.70 million||$642.40 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2014||Q214||$1.09||$1.10||$646.75 million||$604.70 million||View||Listen|
|4/16/2014||Q114||$0.95||$0.96||$655.87 million||$656.70 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2014||Q413||$1.21||$1.08||$688.58 million||$692.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/17/2013||Q313||$1.08||$1.09||$655.97 million||$648.80 million||View||Listen|
|7/17/2013||Q2 2013||$0.98||$0.97||$654.31 million||$634.20 million||View||Listen|
|4/17/2013||Q1 2013||$1.02||$0.93||$681.09 million||$641.60 million||View||Listen|
|1/22/2013||Q4 2012||$0.98||$1.17||$646.83 million||$687.60 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.24
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.05
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
|Most Recent Dividend:||10/2/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||9.40% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||16.41% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
29.36% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
25.65% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||13 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE ALB)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.74%Insider Trades by Quarter for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 83.67%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/24/2017||Matthew Juneau||EVP||Sell||5,397||$115.77||$624,810.69|| |
|8/23/2017||Karen G Narwold||EVP||Sell||11,500||$115.95||$1,333,425.00|| |
|7/7/2017||Luther C Iv Kissam||Chairman||Sell||50,000||$110.08||$5,504,000.00|| |
|7/7/2017||Scott Tozier||CFO||Sell||25,000||$110.13||$2,753,250.00|| |
|6/19/2017||Douglas L Maine||Director||Sell||10,000||$107.94||$1,079,400.00|| |
|6/19/2017||Karen G Narwold||EVP||Sell||20,000||$108.16||$2,163,200.00|| |
|1/6/2017||Karen G Narwold||EVP||Sell||392||$90.59||$35,511.28|| |
|1/6/2017||Luther C Iv Kissam||Chairman||Sell||2,542||$90.46||$229,949.32|| |
|1/6/2017||Scott Tozier||CFO||Sell||1,057||$90.62||$95,785.34|| |
|12/6/2016||Karen G Narwold||EVP||Sell||10,000||$86.11||$861,100.00|| |
|8/24/2016||Luther C Iv Kissam||CEO||Sell||50,000||$83.19||$4,159,500.00|| |
|8/5/2016||John Sherman Jr||Director||Sell||4,300||$82.09||$352,987.00|| |
|5/12/2016||Donald J Jr. Labauve||CAO||Sell||3,564||$75.34||$268,511.76|| |
|5/12/2016||John Sherman Jr||Director||Sell||2,025||$75.73||$153,353.25|| |
|5/12/2016||Matthew Juneau||SVP||Sell||13,174||$75.34||$992,529.16|| |
|3/14/2016||Karen G Narwold||SVP||Sell||405||$60.38||$24,453.90|| |
|3/8/2016||Scott Tozier||CFO||Sell||556||$58.89||$32,742.84|| |
|3/1/2016||Luther C Iv Kissam||CEO||Sell||1,048||$57.98||$60,763.04|| |
|1/6/2016||Karen G Narwold||SVP||Sell||138||$52.57||$7,254.66|| |
|1/6/2016||Scott Tozier||CFO||Sell||190||$52.55||$9,984.50|| |
|9/1/2015||Luther C. Iv Kissam||CEO||Buy||4,533||$44.01||$199,497.33|| |
|3/2/2015||Luther C Iv Kissam||CEO||Sell||1,075||$56.36||$60,587.00|| |
|2/11/2015||James J /Ky Obrien||Director||Buy||1,000||$52.68||$52,680.00|| |
|2/3/2015||John Sherman Jr||Director||Buy||2,500||$48.49||$121,225.00|| |
|2/2/2015||Jim W Nokes||Director||Buy||3,000||$47.47||$142,410.00|| |
|1/30/2015||Douglas L Maine||Director||Buy||7,847||$48.48||$380,422.56|| |
|9/12/2014||Gerald A Steiner||Director||Buy||1,000||$64.21||$64,210.00|| |
|8/1/2014||D Michael Wilson||SVP||Buy||5,000||$61.29||$306,450.00|| |
|2/25/2014||Karen Narwold||VP||Sell||2,200||$64.41||$141,702.00|| |
|2/25/2014||Scott Tozier||CFO||Sell||3,509||$64.44||$226,119.96|| |
|1/30/2014||John Sherman, Jr.||Director||Sell||1,000||$65.27||$65,270.00|| |
|1/30/2014||Matthew Juneau||SVP||Sell||5,000||$64.84||$324,200.00|| |
|1/8/2014||Luther Iv Kissam||CEO||Sell||3,180||$64.41||$204,823.80|| |
|1/8/2014||Scott Tozier||CFO||Sell||1,339||$64.35||$86,164.65|| |
Headline Trends for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
Latest Headlines for Albemarle Corporation (NYSE:ALB)
Albemarle Corporation (ALB) Chart for Wednesday, October, 18, 2017