About Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV)
Aptiv PLC, formerly Delphi Automotive PLC, is a global technology company serving the automotive sector. The Company designs and manufactures vehicle components, and provides electrical and electronic and active safety technology solutions to the global automotive and commercial vehicle markets. The Company's segments include Electrical/Electronic Architecture, and Electronics & Safety. The Electrical/Electronic Architecture segment provides complete design of the vehicle's electrical architecture, including connectors, wiring assemblies and harnesses, electrical centers and hybrid high voltage and safety distribution systems. The Electronics and Safety segment offers a range of electronic and safety equipment and software in the areas of controls, security, infotainment, communications and safety systems.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Parts
Sub-IndustryAuto Parts & Equipment
Trailing P/E Ratio12.55
Forward P/E Ratio17.92
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$16.66 billion
Price / Sales1.37
Cash Flow$9.03 per share
Price / Cash9.49
Book Value$10.20 per share
Price / Book8.40
Net Income$1.26 billion
Return on Equity57.92%
Return on Assets14.04%
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Delphi Automotive's stock symbol?
Delphi Automotive trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "APTV."
How often does Delphi Automotive pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Delphi Automotive?
Delphi Automotive declared a Not Available dividend on Thursday, December 7th. Shareholders of record on Monday, February 5th will be given a dividend of $0.22 per share on Wednesday, February 14th. The ex-dividend date is Friday, February 2nd. View Delphi Automotive's Dividend History.
How were Delphi Automotive's earnings last quarter?
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE:APTV) released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, November, 2nd. The auto parts company reported $1.66 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $1.56 by $0.10. The auto parts company had revenue of $4.33 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $4.10 billion. Delphi Automotive had a net margin of 8.00% and a return on equity of 57.92%. The company's revenue was up 5.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $1.50 EPS. View Delphi Automotive's Earnings History.
When will Delphi Automotive make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Delphi Automotive issued on next quarter's earnings?
Delphi Automotive updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Thursday, November, 2nd. The company provided EPS guidance of $6.70-6.80 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $6.73. The company issued revenue guidance of $17.35-17.45 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $17.12 billion.
Where is Delphi Automotive's stock going? Where will Delphi Automotive's stock price be in 2017?
18 analysts have issued 12 month price objectives for Delphi Automotive's stock. Their forecasts range from $57.00 to $120.00. On average, they expect Delphi Automotive's stock price to reach $87.82 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Delphi Automotive.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Delphi Automotive stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Delphi Automotive stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Delphi Automotive PLC is a vehicle components manufacturer and provides electrical and electronic, powertrain, safety and thermal technology solutions to the global automotive and commercial vehicle markets. It is one of the largest vehicle component manufacturers, and its customers include some of the largest automotive original equipment manufacturers. Delphi Automotive PLC is based in Troy, Michigan. " (12/11/2017)
- 2. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "At high level, we believe that the Street underestimates: 1) The upcoming transition to 48V mild hybrids and the implied growth for Delphi's Electrical Architecture and Power Electronics businesses; 2) The extent to which Delphi's burgeoning Active Safety/Autonomous Driving business can drive overall growth; 3) The value of Delphi's Powertrain division (and the option of unlocking this value through strategic alternatives), and; 4) The extent of conservatism embedded in our prospective earnings and valuation framework." (3/22/2017)
- 3. Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "We are upping our valuation range to $94-$96 (from $80-$84) applying a P/E multiple range of 14.4x-14.7x to our 2017 EPS estimate. In our opinion, we think the shares have ample runway given the company's strong product portfolio (electrical/electronic architecture [E/EA], powertrain [gasoline direct injected engines and electrification], vehicle connectivity (infotainment, clusters, data analytics), and active safety/autonomous. Investors have to remember that emissions and fuel efficiency are not U.S. centric, but very much global. Furthermore, E/EA has to be flawless and active/safety and autonomous are waves of the future. We underscore that Delphi's Ottomatika product (supported by MBLY's vision sensors/algorithms) was very impressive at the Consumer Electronics Show (vs. a competitor's product that was doing figure eights in the adjacent parking lot). We feel that the shares may either be discounting the individual divisions or not fully encompassing the value from active safety/autonomous. Please see our sum of the parts analysis on pages 2-4. We reiterate our Outperform rating." (3/20/2017)
- 4. Evercore ISI analysts commented, "We calculate (shown in Figure 1 on next page) that despite DLPH only having 4% Rev exposure to Autonomous safety/EV today, this will grow towards ~30% of Revenue in 2025. What is a 80/20 legacy/AMPEd supplier today should move to 50/50 by 2025. We calculate that DLPH's CPV outgrowth of +5/6% should also double in the early 2020s on very conservative AEB/48V assumptions. DLPH one-liner: DLPH's current $200 CPV (on avg. car) or $800/car on a fully contented car moves towards $5k/car in an autonomous EV ($2.5k of CPV for each trend). While DLPH's role in a full autonomous EV will still be that of 'system integrator' (margins in the mid-teens?), we think they can earn above-average margins given their unique IP within driving policy via Ottamatika (the CMU asset purchased in 15 and the only IP we ever heard Prof Amnon speak favorably of). Valuing DLPH's ADAS exposure on a DCF basis (using same assumptions we had for MBLY) could be $25-$30 per share for DLPH's autonomous integration stream alone vs a market implied $3 per share today." (3/13/2017)
- 5. BMO Capital Markets analysts commented, "4Q and full-year results were ahead of expectations with strong bookings and a well-optimized cost structure providing excellent momentum going into 2017. While the revenue growth outlook was largely in line with our projections, the higher base off 2016, combined with a lower tax rate and slightly stronger-than-expected margin guide, pushes our EPS estimates higher. Our rating remains Outperform with DLPH still our top pick." (2/6/2017)
Who are some of Delphi Automotive's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Delphi Automotive include Magna International (MGA), Lear (LEA), BorgWarner (BWA), Autoliv (ALV), Harman International Industries (HAR), GKN (GKN), Dana (DAN), Visteon (VC), Tenneco (TEN), Meritor (MTOR), Cooper-Standard (CPS), Federal-Mogul (FDML), Metaldyne Performance Group (MPG), Fox Factory (FOXF), Gentherm (THRM), Stoneridge (SRI), Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA) and Superior Industries International (SUP).
Who are Delphi Automotive's key executives?
Delphi Automotive's management team includes the folowing people:
- Kevin P. Clark, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 54)
- Joseph R. Massaro, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President (Age 47)
- Susan M. Suver, Chief Human Resource Officer, Senior Vice President (Age 57)
- Glen W De Vos, Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
- David M. Sherbin, Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 57)
- Majdi B Abulaban, Senior Vice President, President - Delphi Electrical/Electronic Architecture, President - Delphi Asia Pacific (Age 53)
- Jerome J. Dorlack, senior vice president of Delphi and president of Delphi Electrical Electronic Distribution Systems (Age 36)
- David Paja, Senior Vice President and President - Delphi Electronics and Safety
- Rajiv L. Gupta, independent Non-Executive Chairman (Age 71)
- Nicholas M. Donofrio, Independent Director (Age 71)
How do I buy Delphi Automotive stock?
Shares of Delphi Automotive can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Delphi Automotive's stock price today?
One share of Delphi Automotive stock can currently be purchased for approximately $85.67.
How big of a company is Delphi Automotive?
Delphi Automotive has a market capitalization of $22.65 billion and generates $16.66 billion in revenue each year. The auto parts company earns $1.26 billion in net income (profit) each year or $5.13 on an earnings per share basis. Delphi Automotive employs 145,000 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Delphi Automotive?
Delphi Automotive's mailing address is COURTENEY ROAD HOATH WAY, GILLINGHAM X0, ME8 0RU. The auto parts company can be reached via phone at 011-44-16-3423-4422 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Delphi Automotive (APTV)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Delphi Automotive and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Analysts' Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Buy||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.70||2.70||2.68||2.70|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating(s)|
4 Hold Rating(s)
15 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
4 Hold Rating(s)
15 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|2 Sell Rating(s)|
2 Hold Rating(s)
15 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|2 Sell Rating(s)|
2 Hold Rating(s)
16 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$86.32||$102.26||$94.06||$90.15|
|Price Target Upside: ||1.29% upside||5.55% upside||1.86% upside||6.05% upside|
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Consensus Price Target History
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 12/13/2015 forward)
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Delphi Automotive (NYSE APTV) Earnings History by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/2/2017||Q3 2017||$1.56||$1.66||$4.10 billion||$4.33 billion||View||N/A|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||$1.65||$1.71||$4.20 billion||$4.32 billion||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||3/31/2017||$1.46||$1.59||$4.12 billion||$4.29 billion||View||Listen|
|2/2/2017||Q416||$1.60||$1.83||$4.15 billion||$4.31 billion||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$1.43||$1.50||$3.90 billion||$4.10 billion||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||$1.55||$1.59||$4.22 billion||$4.21 billion||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$1.34||$1.36||$4.08 billion||$4.10 billion||View||N/A|
|2/4/2016||Q415||$1.38||$1.39||$3.78 billion||$3.90 billion||View||N/A|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$1.27||$1.28||$3.80 billion||$3.60 billion||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$1.34||$1.34||$3.90 billion||$3.90 billion||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q215||$1.19||$1.21||$3.76 billion||$2.80 billion||View||N/A|
|2/4/2015||Q414||$1.26||$1.32||$4.25 billion||$4.20 billion||View||Listen|
|10/24/2014||Q314||$1.13||$1.16||$4.21 billion||$4.10 billion||View||Listen|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$1.32||$1.42||$4.47 billion||$4.45 billion||View||Listen|
|4/24/2014||Q114||$1.08||$1.20||$4.29 billion||$4.30 billion||View||Listen|
|2/4/2014||Q413||$1.05||$1.12||$4.08 billion||$4.20 billion||View||Listen|
|11/5/2013||Q313||$0.94||$0.97||$4.03 billion||$4.02 billion||View||Listen|
|7/31/2013||Q2 2013||$1.14||$1.24||$4.22 million||$4.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/1/2013||Q1 2013||$0.95||$1.07||$3.98 billion||$4.02 billion||View||Listen|
|2/5/2013||Q4 2012||$0.87||$0.90||$3.76 billion||$3.80 billion||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$0.73||$0.84||$3.76 billion||$3.70 billion||View||N/A|
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Earnings Estimates
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.78 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.07 EPS
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Dividend Information
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||29.04% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
31.17% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
29.39% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Dividend History by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Delphi Automotive (NYSE APTV) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.31%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 91.11%
Delphi Automotive (NYSE APTV) Insider Trades by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|12/6/2017||Kevin P Clark||Insider||Buy||22,500||$87.88||$1,977,300.00|| |
|11/28/2017||Bernd Wiedemann||Director||Sell||17,000||$101.54||$1,726,180.00|| |
|10/2/2017||Gary L Cowger||Director||Sell||8,500||$98.43||$836,655.00|| |
|9/25/2017||Thomas W Sidlik||Director||Sell||8,475||$103.19||$874,535.25|| |
|8/10/2017||Vos Glen W De||SVP||Sell||2,100||$91.35||$191,835.00|| |
|6/23/2017||Joseph R Massaro||CFO||Sell||3,000||$85.79||$257,370.00|| |
|5/26/2017||Sean O Mahoney||Director||Sell||1,949||$87.41||$170,362.09|| |
|5/17/2017||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||15,500||$86.63||$1,342,765.00|| |
|2/22/2017||Allan J Brazier||Insider||Sell||4,019||$75.94||$305,202.86|| |
|2/22/2017||Liam Butterworth||SVP||Sell||14,000||$75.95||$1,063,300.00|| |
|1/3/2017||Majdi Abulaban||SVP||Sell||12,854||$67.35||$865,716.90|| |
|12/21/2016||Gary L Cowger||Director||Sell||14,500||$69.06||$1,001,370.00|| |
|12/6/2016||Jugal K Vijayvargiya||SVP||Sell||10,000||$65.00||$650,000.00|| |
|6/23/2016||James A Spencer||EVP||Sell||56,493||$70.08||$3,959,029.44|| |
|3/16/2016||Allan J Brazier||CAO||Sell||6,551||$72.00||$471,672.00|| |
|3/14/2016||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||19,726||$70.06||$1,382,003.56|| |
|3/14/2016||James A Spencer||EVP||Sell||23,211||$69.59||$1,615,253.49|| |
|2/24/2016||Timothy Manganello||Director||Buy||4,800||$62.50||$300,000.00|| |
|2/11/2016||Kevin P Clark||CEO||Buy||17,000||$59.11||$1,004,870.00|| |
|12/7/2015||Mark P. Frissora||Director||Sell||24,000||$86.93||$2,086,320.00|| |
|6/17/2015||Liam Butterworth||SVP||Sell||3,447||$87.86||$302,853.42|| |
|6/12/2015||Sean O Mahoney||Director||Sell||6,272||$87.54||$549,050.88|| |
|6/8/2015||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||5,500||$87.33||$480,315.00|| |
|3/26/2015||Allan J Brazier||CAO||Sell||8,115||$76.82||$623,394.30|| |
|3/9/2015||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||24,870||$78.66||$1,956,274.20|| |
|3/2/2015||James A Spencer||EVP||Sell||45,981||$79.50||$3,655,489.50|| |
|1/27/2015||Kevin M Butler||SVP||Sell||15,000||$70.00||$1,050,000.00|| |
|1/21/2015||Jeffrey J Owens||EVP||Sell||29,012||$68.00||$1,972,816.00|| |
|12/22/2014||Bernd Wiedemann||Director||Sell||17,500||$73.53||$1,286,775.00|| |
|12/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$72.82||$120,153.00|| |
|11/18/2014||Thomas W Sidlik||Director||Sell||35,700||$71.28||$2,544,696.00|| |
|11/3/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$69.22||$114,213.00|| |
|10/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$61.35||$101,227.50|| |
|9/2/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$69.83||$115,219.50|| |
|8/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$66.84||$110,286.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$69.07||$113,965.50|| |
|6/2/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$69.14||$138,280.00|| |
|5/2/2014||Lawrence Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$67.20||$134,400.00|| |
|5/1/2014||Rajiv Gupta||Director||Sell||10,000||$67.07||$670,700.00|| |
|4/2/2014||Lawrence Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$69.73||$139,460.00|| |
|4/1/2014||Rajiv Gupta||Director||Sell||10,000||$68.16||$681,600.00|| |
|3/3/2014||Rajiv Gupta||Director||Sell||10,000||$65.72||$657,200.00|| |
|2/20/2014||John Krol||Director||Sell||10,658||$65.25||$695,434.50|| |
|2/14/2014||J Randall Macdonald||Director||Sell||70,000||$64.04||$4,482,800.00|| |
|2/3/2014||Lawrence Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$61.00||$122,000.00|| |
|1/21/2014||John Krol||Director||Sell||10,658||$63.00||$671,454.00|| |
Delphi Automotive (NYSE APTV) News Headlines
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Delphi Automotive (NYSE:APTV) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Delphi Automotive (NYSE APTV) Stock Chart for Wednesday, December, 13, 2017