About Aptiv (NYSE:APTV)
Aptiv PLC, formerly Delphi Automotive PLC, is a global technology company serving the automotive sector. The Company designs and manufactures vehicle components, and provides electrical and electronic and active safety technology solutions to the global automotive and commercial vehicle markets. The Company's segments include Electrical/Electronic Architecture, and Electronics & Safety. The Electrical/Electronic Architecture segment provides complete design of the vehicle's electrical architecture, including connectors, wiring assemblies and harnesses, electrical centers and hybrid high voltage and safety distribution systems. The Electronics and Safety segment offers a range of electronic and safety equipment and software in the areas of controls, security, infotainment, communications and safety systems.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Auto, Truck & Motorcycle Parts
Sub-IndustryAuto Parts & Equipment
SectorCyclical Consumer Goods & Services
Trailing P/E Ratio24.3333333333333
Forward P/E Ratio18.07
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$12.88 billion
Price / Sales1.92
Cash Flow$6.80 per share
Price / Cash13.68
Book Value$13.23 per share
Price / Book7.03
Net Income$1.36 billion
Return on Equity50.01%
Return on Assets12.88%
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Aptiv's stock symbol?
Aptiv trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "APTV."
How often does Aptiv pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Aptiv?
Aptiv declared a Not Available dividend on Thursday, December 7th. Stockholders of record on Monday, February 5th will be paid a dividend of $0.22 per share on Wednesday, February 14th. The ex-dividend date is Friday, February 2nd. View Aptiv's Dividend History.
How were Aptiv's earnings last quarter?
Aptiv PLC (NYSE:APTV) announced its earnings results on Thursday, February, 1st. The auto parts company reported $1.28 earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $1.33 by $0.05. The auto parts company had revenue of $3.44 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.31 billion. Aptiv had a return on equity of 50.01% and a net margin of 8.27%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up 7.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $1.83 EPS. View Aptiv's Earnings History.
When will Aptiv make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Aptiv's stock going? Where will Aptiv's stock price be in 2018?
19 brokerages have issued twelve-month target prices for Aptiv's stock. Their predictions range from $57.00 to $120.00. On average, they expect Aptiv's share price to reach $98.32 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Aptiv.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Aptiv stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Aptiv stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Aptiv PLC is a technology company serving the automotive sector. The Company designs and manufactures vehicle components and provides electrical and electronic and active safety technology solutions to the global automotive and commercial vehicle markets. Its segments include Electrical/Electronic Architecture and Electronics & Safety. Aptiv PLC, formerly known as Delphi Automotive PLC, is based in GILLINGHAM, United Kingdom. " (2/6/2018)
- 2. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "At high level, we believe that the Street underestimates: 1) The upcoming transition to 48V mild hybrids and the implied growth for Delphi's Electrical Architecture and Power Electronics businesses; 2) The extent to which Delphi's burgeoning Active Safety/Autonomous Driving business can drive overall growth; 3) The value of Delphi's Powertrain division (and the option of unlocking this value through strategic alternatives), and; 4) The extent of conservatism embedded in our prospective earnings and valuation framework." (3/22/2017)
- 3. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "We are upping our valuation range to $94-$96 (from $80-$84) applying a P/E multiple range of 14.4x-14.7x to our 2017 EPS estimate. In our opinion, we think the shares have ample runway given the company's strong product portfolio (electrical/electronic architecture [E/EA], powertrain [gasoline direct injected engines and electrification], vehicle connectivity (infotainment, clusters, data analytics), and active safety/autonomous. Investors have to remember that emissions and fuel efficiency are not U.S. centric, but very much global. Furthermore, E/EA has to be flawless and active/safety and autonomous are waves of the future. We underscore that Delphi's Ottomatika product (supported by MBLY's vision sensors/algorithms) was very impressive at the Consumer Electronics Show (vs. a competitor's product that was doing figure eights in the adjacent parking lot). We feel that the shares may either be discounting the individual divisions or not fully encompassing the value from active safety/autonomous. Please see our sum of the parts analysis on pages 2-4. We reiterate our Outperform rating." (3/20/2017)
- 4. Evercore ISI analysts commented, "We calculate (shown in Figure 1 on next page) that despite DLPH only having 4% Rev exposure to Autonomous safety/EV today, this will grow towards ~30% of Revenue in 2025. What is a 80/20 legacy/AMPEd supplier today should move to 50/50 by 2025. We calculate that DLPH's CPV outgrowth of +5/6% should also double in the early 2020s on very conservative AEB/48V assumptions. DLPH one-liner: DLPH's current $200 CPV (on avg. car) or $800/car on a fully contented car moves towards $5k/car in an autonomous EV ($2.5k of CPV for each trend). While DLPH's role in a full autonomous EV will still be that of 'system integrator' (margins in the mid-teens?), we think they can earn above-average margins given their unique IP within driving policy via Ottamatika (the CMU asset purchased in 15 and the only IP we ever heard Prof Amnon speak favorably of). Valuing DLPH's ADAS exposure on a DCF basis (using same assumptions we had for MBLY) could be $25-$30 per share for DLPH's autonomous integration stream alone vs a market implied $3 per share today." (3/13/2017)
Who are some of Aptiv's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Aptiv include Magna International (MGA), Lear (LEA), Autoliv (ALV), BorgWarner (BWA), Harman International Industries (HAR), GKN (GKN), Dana (DAN), Visteon (VC), Tenneco (TEN), Meritor (MTOR), Cooper-Standard (CPS), Federal-Mogul (FDML), Metaldyne Performance Group (MPG), Fox Factory (FOXF), TI Fluid Systems (TIFS), Gentherm (THRM), Stoneridge (SRI) and Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA).
Who are Aptiv's key executives?
Aptiv's management team includes the folowing people:
- Kevin P. Clark, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 54)
- Joseph R. Massaro, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President (Age 47)
- Susan M. Suver, Chief Human Resource Officer, Senior Vice President (Age 57)
- Glen W De Vos, Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
- David M. Sherbin, Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 57)
- Majdi B Abulaban, Senior Vice President, President - Delphi Electrical/Electronic Architecture, President - Delphi Asia Pacific (Age 53)
- Jerome J. Dorlack, senior vice president of Delphi and president of Delphi Electrical Electronic Distribution Systems (Age 36)
- David Paja, Senior Vice President and President - Delphi Electronics and Safety
- Rajiv L. Gupta, independent Non-Executive Chairman (Age 71)
- Nancy E. Cooper, Director (Age 64)
Who owns Aptiv stock?
Aptiv's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (6.80%), Lazard Asset Management LLC (2.12%), Longview Partners Guernsey LTD (1.68%), Alliancebernstein L.P. (1.47%), Generation Investment Management LLP (1.35%) and Bank of New York Mellon Corp (1.30%). Company insiders that own Aptiv stock include Allan J Brazier, Bernd Wiedemann, David M Sherbin, Frank J Dellaquila, Gary L Cowger, James A Spencer, Joseph R Massaro, Jugal K Vijayvargiya, Kevin P Clark, Liam Butterworth, Majdi Abulaban, Sean O Mahoney, Thomas W Sidlik, Timothy Manganello and Vos Glen W De. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Aptiv.
Who bought Aptiv stock? Who is buying Aptiv stock?
Aptiv's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Lazard Asset Management LLC, Longview Partners Guernsey LTD, Alliancebernstein L.P., Generation Investment Management LLP, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Geode Capital Management LLC and Wells Fargo & Company MN. Company insiders that have bought Aptiv stock in the last two years include Frank J Dellaquila, Kevin P Clark and Timothy Manganello. View Insider Buying and Selling for Aptiv.
How do I buy Aptiv stock?
Shares of Aptiv can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Aptiv's stock price today?
One share of Aptiv stock can currently be purchased for approximately $92.76.
How big of a company is Aptiv?
Aptiv has a market capitalization of $24.65 billion and generates $12.88 billion in revenue each year. The auto parts company earns $1.36 billion in net income (profit) each year or $3.81 on an earnings per share basis. Aptiv employs 129,000 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Aptiv?
Aptiv's mailing address is Courteney Road, Hoath Way, GILLINGHAM, ME8 0RU, United Kingdom. The auto parts company can be reached via phone at +44-1634-234422 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Aptiv (APTV)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Aptiv and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Analysts' Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Buy||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.79||2.74||2.72||2.67|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating(s)|
2 Hold Rating(s)
16 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
3 Hold Rating(s)
15 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
3 Hold Rating(s)
14 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|2 Sell Rating(s)|
2 Hold Rating(s)
14 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$98.32||$93.33||$101.76||$95.06|
|Price Target Upside: ||6.17% upside||0.20% downside||0.23% downside||2.94% upside|
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Consensus Price Target History
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 2/20/2016 forward)
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Aptiv (NYSE APTV) Earnings History by Quarter
(Earnings results data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|2/1/2018||Q4 2017||$1.33||$1.28||$3.31 billion||$3.44 billion||View||Listen|
|11/2/2017||Q3 2017||$1.56||$1.66||$4.10 billion||$4.33 billion||View||N/A|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||$1.65||$1.71||$4.20 billion||$4.32 billion||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||3/31/2017||$1.46||$1.59||$4.12 billion||$4.29 billion||View||Listen|
|2/2/2017||Q416||$1.60||$1.83||$4.15 billion||$4.31 billion||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$1.43||$1.50||$3.90 billion||$4.10 billion||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||$1.55||$1.59||$4.22 billion||$4.21 billion||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$1.34||$1.36||$4.08 billion||$4.10 billion||View||N/A|
|2/4/2016||Q415||$1.38||$1.39||$3.78 billion||$3.90 billion||View||N/A|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$1.27||$1.28||$3.80 billion||$3.60 billion||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$1.34||$1.34||$3.90 billion||$3.90 billion||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q215||$1.19||$1.21||$3.76 billion||$2.80 billion||View||N/A|
|2/4/2015||Q414||$1.26||$1.32||$4.25 billion||$4.20 billion||View||Listen|
|10/24/2014||Q314||$1.13||$1.16||$4.21 billion||$4.10 billion||View||Listen|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$1.32||$1.42||$4.47 billion||$4.45 billion||View||Listen|
|4/24/2014||Q114||$1.08||$1.20||$4.29 billion||$4.30 billion||View||Listen|
|2/4/2014||Q413||$1.05||$1.12||$4.08 billion||$4.20 billion||View||Listen|
|11/5/2013||Q313||$0.94||$0.97||$4.03 billion||$4.02 billion||View||Listen|
|7/31/2013||Q2 2013||$1.14||$1.24||$4.22 million||$4.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/1/2013||Q1 2013||$0.95||$1.07||$3.98 billion||$4.02 billion||View||Listen|
|2/5/2013||Q4 2012||$0.87||$0.90||$3.76 billion||$3.80 billion||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$0.73||$0.84||$3.76 billion||$3.70 billion||View||N/A|
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Earnings Estimates
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.19
(Earnings estimates data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Dividend Information
|Most Recent Dividend:||2/14/2018|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||23.10% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
17.09% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
15.58% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Dividend History by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Aptiv (NYSE APTV) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.31%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 90.26%
Aptiv (NYSE APTV) Insider Trades by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Shares Held After Transaction||Details|
|2/9/2018||Frank J Dellaquila||Director||Buy||500||$86.50||$43,250.00|| |
|12/15/2017||Frank J Dellaquila||Director||Buy||1,000||$83.88||$83,880.00|| |
|12/6/2017||Kevin P Clark||Insider||Buy||22,500||$87.88||$1,977,300.00|| |
|11/28/2017||Bernd Wiedemann||Director||Sell||17,000||$101.54||$1,726,180.00||7,975|| |
|10/2/2017||Gary L Cowger||Director||Sell||8,500||$98.43||$836,655.00||29,960|| |
|9/25/2017||Thomas W Sidlik||Director||Sell||8,475||$103.19||$874,535.25||10,564|| |
|8/10/2017||Vos Glen W De||SVP||Sell||2,100||$91.35||$191,835.00||22,994|| |
|6/23/2017||Joseph R Massaro||CFO||Sell||3,000||$85.79||$257,370.00||55,779|| |
|5/26/2017||Sean O Mahoney||Director||Sell||1,949||$87.41||$170,362.09||11,767|| |
|5/17/2017||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||15,500||$86.63||$1,342,765.00||70,766|| |
|2/22/2017||Allan J Brazier||Insider||Sell||4,019||$75.94||$305,202.86||9,658|| |
|2/22/2017||Liam Butterworth||SVP||Sell||14,000||$75.95||$1,063,300.00||92,806|| |
|1/3/2017||Majdi Abulaban||SVP||Sell||12,854||$67.35||$865,716.90||161,354|| |
|12/21/2016||Gary L Cowger||Director||Sell||14,500||$69.06||$1,001,370.00||35,203|| |
|12/6/2016||Jugal K Vijayvargiya||SVP||Sell||10,000||$65.00||$650,000.00||123,389|| |
|6/23/2016||James A Spencer||EVP||Sell||56,493||$70.08||$3,959,029.44||141,011|| |
|3/16/2016||Allan J Brazier||CAO||Sell||6,551||$72.00||$471,672.00||9,490|| |
|3/14/2016||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||19,726||$70.06||$1,382,003.56||67,959|| |
|3/14/2016||James A Spencer||EVP||Sell||23,211||$69.59||$1,615,253.49||155,210|| |
|2/24/2016||Timothy Manganello||Director||Buy||4,800||$62.50||$300,000.00||13,204|| |
|2/11/2016||Kevin P Clark||CEO||Buy||17,000||$59.11||$1,004,870.00||329,086|| |
|12/7/2015||Mark P. Frissora||Director||Sell||24,000||$86.93||$2,086,320.00||1,804|| |
|6/17/2015||Liam Butterworth||SVP||Sell||3,447||$87.86||$302,853.42|| |
|6/12/2015||Sean O Mahoney||Director||Sell||6,272||$87.54||$549,050.88|| |
|6/8/2015||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||5,500||$87.33||$480,315.00|| |
|3/26/2015||Allan J Brazier||CAO||Sell||8,115||$76.82||$623,394.30|| |
|3/9/2015||David M Sherbin||SVP||Sell||24,870||$78.66||$1,956,274.20|| |
|3/2/2015||James A Spencer||EVP||Sell||45,981||$79.50||$3,655,489.50|| |
|1/27/2015||Kevin M Butler||SVP||Sell||15,000||$70.00||$1,050,000.00|| |
|1/21/2015||Jeffrey J Owens||EVP||Sell||29,012||$68.00||$1,972,816.00|| |
|12/22/2014||Bernd Wiedemann||Director||Sell||17,500||$73.53||$1,286,775.00|| |
|12/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$72.82||$120,153.00|| |
|11/18/2014||Thomas W Sidlik||Director||Sell||35,700||$71.28||$2,544,696.00|| |
|11/3/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$69.22||$114,213.00|| |
|10/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$61.35||$101,227.50|| |
|9/2/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$69.83||$115,219.50|| |
|8/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$66.84||$110,286.00|| |
|7/1/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||1,650||$69.07||$113,965.50|| |
|6/2/2014||Lawrence A Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$69.14||$138,280.00|| |
|5/2/2014||Lawrence Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$67.20||$134,400.00||21,665|| |
|5/1/2014||Rajiv Gupta||Director||Sell||10,000||$67.07||$670,700.00||36,001|| |
|4/2/2014||Lawrence Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$69.73||$139,460.00||23,665|| |
|4/1/2014||Rajiv Gupta||Director||Sell||10,000||$68.16||$681,600.00||44,069|| |
|3/3/2014||Rajiv Gupta||Director||Sell||10,000||$65.72||$657,200.00||54,069|| |
|2/20/2014||John Krol||Director||Sell||10,658||$65.25||$695,434.50||49,347|| |
|2/14/2014||J Randall Macdonald||Director||Sell||70,000||$64.04||$4,482,800.00||70,023|| |
|2/3/2014||Lawrence Zimmerman||Director||Sell||2,000||$61.00||$122,000.00||25,699|| |
|1/21/2014||John Krol||Director||Sell||10,658||$63.00||$671,454.00||60,005|| |
Aptiv (NYSE APTV) News Headlines
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Aptiv (NYSE APTV) Stock Chart for Tuesday, February, 20, 2018