About Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
Boot Barn Holdings, Inc. is a lifestyle retailer of western and work-related footwear, apparel and accessories for men, women and children. The Company's stores are located in or near neighborhood shopping centers with trade areas of approximately five or more miles, and it has opened stores in malls and outlet center locations. The Company's stores average an area of approximately 11,490 square feet and feature an assortment of brands and styles. It also carries assortments of denim, western shirts, cowboy hats, belts and belt buckles, western-style jewelry and accessories. The Company's western assortment includes various brands, such as Ariat, Dan Post, Justin, Levi Strauss, Lucchese, Miss Me, Montana Silversmiths, Resistol and Wrangler. Its work assortment includes rugged footwear, outerwear, overalls, denim and shirts. Its other brands include Carhartt, Georgia, Timberland Pro and Wolverine. As of September 12, 2017, the Company operated 218 stores in 31 states.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Footwear Retailers
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:BOOT
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.bootbarn.com
- Market Cap: $220.71 million
- Outstanding Shares: 26,592,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $8.39
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $8.26
- 52 Week Range: $5.90 - $17.26
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 15.40
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.39
- P/E Growth: 1.69
- Annual Revenue: $635.78 million
- Price / Sales: 0.35
- Book Value: $6.81 per share
- Price / Book: 1.22
- EBITDA: $56.2 million
- Net Margins: 2.26%
- Return on Equity: 8.58%
- Return on Assets: 2.66%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.05%
- Current Ratio: 1.37%
- Quick Ratio: 0.16%
- Average Volume: 313,752 shs.
- Beta: 1.29
- Short Ratio: 10.94
Frequently Asked Questions for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
What is Boot Barn Holdings' stock symbol?
Boot Barn Holdings trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BOOT."
How were Boot Barn Holdings' earnings last quarter?
Boot Barn Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:BOOT) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 1st. The company reported $0.03 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.00 by $0.03. The business earned $139.40 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $139 million. Boot Barn Holdings had a return on equity of 8.58% and a net margin of 2.26%. Boot Barn Holdings's quarterly revenue was up 4.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $0.02 EPS. View Boot Barn Holdings' Earnings History.
What guidance has Boot Barn Holdings issued on next quarter's earnings?
Boot Barn Holdings updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Tuesday, August, 1st. The company provided EPS guidance of $0.52-0.57 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $0.56. Boot Barn Holdings also updated its Q2 guidance to $0.00-0.02 EPS.
Where is Boot Barn Holdings' stock going? Where will Boot Barn Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
7 brokerages have issued 1 year price objectives for Boot Barn Holdings' stock. Their predictions range from $7.00 to $15.00. On average, they expect Boot Barn Holdings' stock price to reach $10.43 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Boot Barn Holdings.
What are analysts saying about Boot Barn Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Boot Barn Holdings stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Boot Barn Holdings, Inc. operates as a lifestyle retail chain devoted to western and work-related footwear, apparel and accessories. The company's products include boots, denim, western shirts, cowboy hats, belts and belt buckles, and western-style jewellery and accessories; and rugged footwear, outerwear, overalls, denims, and shirts, as well as safety-toe boots, and flame-resistant and high-visibility clothing. It sells its products through bootbarn.com, an e-commerce Website. Boot Barn Holdings, Inc. is headquartered in Irvine, California. " (10/3/2017)
- 2. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We are maintaining our Overweight rating on BOOT but lowering our price target to $12 (17x FY18E) following a disappointing FQ3 print that saw FQ4 guided below expectations. Weak guidance was due to (1) Lack of rebound in energy markets; and (2) Gross margin pressure in part from a shift to e-commerce sales. We suggest patience on the energy market rebound, but GM performance at BOOT has become remarkably inconsistent as of late. GM has been further pressured by e-com initiatives to be more competitive with online shipment times. We have long defended BOOT as less impacted by e-com due to IMAP policies from key western/work brands, and BOOT is making investments to minimize (ecom related) DC and freight costs. Still, we now expect less GM upside and see long-term EPS growth in the high teens until BOOT proves otherwise. At 14x our FTM EPS, BOOT shares remain attractively valued, in our view." (2/1/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Recall, BOOT pre-announced preliminary 3Q results at ICR in January. Investor focus today was on the outlook for the remainder of F'17, which was admittedly disappointing. Once macro pressures subside in commodity-sensitive states, we believe BOOT's LT growth trajectory will once again become front and center. Maintain Buy, PT tweaked to $15 (from $18)." (2/1/2017)
Who are some of Boot Barn Holdings' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Boot Barn Holdings include Jumei International Holding Limited (JMEI), The Finish Line (FINL), Carrols Restaurant Group (TAST), Lands' End (LE), MarineMax (HZO), Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), Chuy's Holdings (CHUY), Pier 1 Imports (PIR), Shoe Carnival (SCVL), Tilly's (TLYS), Cato Corporation (The) (CATO), Titan Machinery (TITN), The Habit Restaurants (HABT), America's Car-Mart (CRMT), Fogo de Chao (FOGO), Citi Trends (CTRN), Potbelly Corporation (PBPB) and Hibbett Sports (HIBB).
Who are Boot Barn Holdings' key executives?
Boot Barn Holdings' management team includes the folowing people:
- Peter M. Starrett, Chairman of the Board
- James Grant Conroy, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Gregory V. Hackman, Chief Financial Officer, Secretary
- Laurie Marie Grijalva, Chief Merchandising Officer
- Gregory M. Bettinelli, Independent Director
- Brad J. Brutocao, Independent Director
- Christian B. Johnson, Independent Director
- Brenda I. Morris, Independent Director
- James Frederick Simmons, Independent Director
How do I buy Boot Barn Holdings stock?
Shares of Boot Barn Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Boot Barn Holdings' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE BOOT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Boot Barn Holdings and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Boot Barn Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $8.30.
Consensus Ratings for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.71)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$10.43 (25.65% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
Analysts' Ratings History for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/13/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$11.00||N/A|
|10/11/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|8/3/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Buy||High|
|6/6/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$11.00 -> $7.00||Low|
|6/5/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$14.00 -> $9.00||Medium|
|6/5/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$9.00||Medium|
|2/1/2017||Mizuho||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$12.00 -> $10.00||N/A|
|7/27/2016||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/19/2015||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/11/2015||BB&T Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)Earnings History by Quarter for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE BOOT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017||Q1 2018||$0.00||$0.03||$139.00 million||$139.40 million||View||Listen|
|6/1/2017||Q4 2017||$0.18||$0.12||$165.89 million||$163.00 million||View||Listen|
|1/31/2017||Q317||$0.39||$0.39||$201.98 million||$199.40 million||View||N/A|
|10/26/2016||Q217||$0.02||$0.02||$131.61 million||$134.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/26/2016||Q117||$0.02||$0.02||$130.73 million||$133.40 million||View||Listen|
|5/18/2016||Q416||$0.12||$0.09||$150.21 million||$149.47 million||View||Listen|
|2/2/2016||Q316||$0.44||$0.45||$192.13 million||$194.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/10/2015||Q216||$0.04||$0.04||$86.40 million||$129.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2015||Q116||$0.11||$0.11||$101.59 million||$96.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/28/2015||Q415||$0.13||$0.17||$88.50 million||$103.30 million||View||Listen|
|2/4/2015||Q315||$0.35||$0.40||$130.60 million||$130.50 million||View||N/A|
|12/2/2014||Q2 15||$0.07||$0.09||$86.10 million||$86.40 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.61 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.67 EPS
Dividend History for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 4.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/7/2017||Brenda I Morris||Director||Buy||7,000||$6.33||$44,310.00|| |
|6/6/2017||Peter Starrett||Director||Buy||50,000||$6.12||$306,000.00|| |
|5/23/2016||Gregory V Hackman||CFO||Buy||8,000||$7.50||$60,000.00|| |
|5/23/2016||Peter Starrett||Director||Buy||50,000||$7.44||$372,000.00|| |
|2/24/2016||Fs Equity Partners Vi, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Buy||742||$9.25||$6,863.50|| |
|2/19/2016||Fs Equity Partners Vi, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Buy||205,721||$9.08||$1,867,946.68|| |
|2/13/2016||Fs Equity Partners Vi, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Buy||171,720||$8.28||$1,421,841.60|| |
|2/9/2016||Fs Equity Partners Vi, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Buy||146,896||$8.19||$1,203,078.24|| |
|2/8/2016||Fs Equity Partners Vi, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Buy||477,836||$8.30||$3,966,038.80|| |
|11/13/2015||Gregory V. Hackman||CFO||Buy||9,000||$10.58||$95,220.00|| |
|8/26/2015||Gregory V Hackman||CFO||Buy||3,000||$21.00||$63,000.00|| |
|7/8/2015||James Grant Conroy||CEO||Sell||22,000||$32.09||$705,980.00|| |
|6/15/2015||Laurie Marie Grijalva||Insider||Sell||19,250||$30.00||$577,500.00|| |
|6/8/2015||Laurie Marie Grijalva||Insider||Sell||19,625||$28.61||$561,471.25|| |
|6/4/2015||James Grant Conroy||CEO||Sell||94,500||$26.00||$2,457,000.00|| |
|6/1/2015||Laurie Marie Grijalva||Insider||Sell||36,125||$25.72||$929,135.00|| |
|3/3/2015||Fs Equity Partners Vi, L.P.||Major Shareholder||Sell||5,317,537||$23.50||$124,962,119.50|| |
|3/3/2015||Peter Starrett||Director||Sell||39,514||$23.50||$928,579.00|| |
Headline Trends for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
Latest Headlines for Boot Barn Holdings (NYSE:BOOT)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Boot Barn Holdings (BOOT) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017