Anheuser Busch Inbev NV (AB InBev) is a Belgium-based company engaged in the brewers industry. The Company owns a portfolio of over 200 beer brands. The Company's brand portfolio includes global brands, such as Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; international brands, including Beck's, Leffe and Hoegaarden, and local champions, such as Bud Light, Skol, Brahma, Antarctica, Quilmes, Victoria, Modelo Especial, Michelob Ultra, Harbin, Sedrin, Klinskoye, Sibirskaya Korona, Chernigivske, Cass and Jupiler. The Company's soft drinks business consists of both own production and agreements with PepsiCo related to bottling and distribution arrangements between its various subsidiaries and PepsiCo. Ambev, which is a subsidiary of the Company, is a PepsiCo bottler. Brands that are distributed under these agreements are Pepsi, 7UP and Gatorade.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Staples
- Industry: Brewers - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:BUD
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.ab-inbev.com
- Market Cap: $195.92503 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,933,701,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $113.46
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $111.53
- 52 Week Range: $98.28 - $136.08
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 89.73
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.32
- P/E Growth: 1.23
- Annual Revenue: $49.04 billion
- Price / Sales: 4.84
- Book Value: $36.89 per share
- Price / Book: 3.33
- Annual Dividend: $3.07
- Dividend Yield: 2.7%
- EBIDTA: $18.47 billion
- Net Margins: 5.13%
- Return on Equity: 18.35%
- Return on Assets: 4.86%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.40%
- Current Ratio: 1.07%
- Quick Ratio: 0.98%
- Average Volume: 1.48 million shs.
- Beta: 1.06
- Short Ratio: 2.61
Frequently Asked Questions for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)
What is Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock symbol?
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BUD."
How often does Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA?
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA declared a semiannual dividend on Thursday, April 13th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, May 3rd will be paid a dividend of $2.12 per share on Thursday, May 25th. This represents a dividend yield of 3.89%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, May 1st. View Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's Dividend History.
How were Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's earnings last quarter?
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD) issued its earnings results on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported $0.95 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $1.14 by $0.19. The company earned $14.18 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $14.15 billion. Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA had a return on equity of 18.35% and a net margin of 5.13%. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 31.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $1.06 earnings per share. View Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's Earnings History.
Where is Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock going? Where will Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock price be in 2017?
19 brokers have issued 12 month target prices for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock. Their predictions range from $111.00 to $140.00. On average, they expect Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's share price to reach $124.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA.
What are analysts saying about Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "AB InBev’s shares have outperformed the broader sector in the last three months given the inherent strengths of a robust brand portfolio and solid geographical reach. The company’s focus on developing near beer alternatives, expanding in the craft beer space and undertaking innovations is also worth noting. Moreover, the company seeks growth via mergers and acquisitions, as evident from its SABMiller buyout, after which it is likely to control about one-thirds of the beer industry. Estimates for the current fiscal have been going up ahead of the company’s second-quarter 2017 earnings release. However, AB InBev has a record of negative earnings surprises in recent quarters. The company’s last reported quarter marked its fifth straight earnings miss, as results were hurt by currency headwinds and persistent weakness in Brazil. Further, a tough macroeconomic environment and volatility in some of the core regions remain concerns." (7/19/2017)
- 2. Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) analysts commented, "Best Of Both Words" (10/10/2016)
- 3. Morgan Stanley analysts commented, "We believe ABInBev offers the best combination of organic sales growth and self help across Global FMCG, which should command a valuation premium," analyst Olivier Nicolai wrote in a note.Nicolai's bullish thesis is based on "1) rapid top-line growth and a well-diversified group post the deal; 2) cost and revenue synergies will support group EBIT; 3) the shares warrant a 15 percent premium to global FCMG, given the stronger earnings growth profile."Post disposal of the low-growth assets from SAB (United States, China, Europe), the analyst expects Anheuser-Busch to grow organic sales by close to 6 percent a year and EBITDA by about 10 percent a year in FY17-20, putting the company's profitability and cash generation higher than peers.In addition, the analyst said very high market share with strong pricing power across most of its markets provides more visibility on earnings.Related Link: This Penalty's For You: Anheuser-Busch Ordered To Pay Up For Violating Whistleblower ProtectionsMeanwhile, Nicolai projects cost synergies of $2.5 billion. Anheuser-Busch has guided to at least $1.4 billion over four years from completion plus the $0.5 billion remaining cost savings previously announced by SABMiller. Further, the analyst expects the company to generate an additional $500 million in EBIT from revenue synergies by 2020 and $1 billion by 2022, six years after completion of the deal.In fact, Nicolai pointed out that revenue synergies would be the key medium-term upside driver as ABI rolls out its international brands Corona, Stella Artois and Budweiser into SAB markets — Colombia, Peru and South Africa, as well as the rest of Africa."In addition to a review of pricing strategy, we expect positive mix, as we saw in Brazil and China where ABI was successful in its strategy around Bud and Stella," (10/5/2016)
Who are some of Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA include Nestle SA (NSRGY), Procter & Gamble Company (The) (PG), Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO), Philip Morris International (PM), Pepsico (PEP), Altria Group (MO), LVMH-Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (LVMUY), British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BTI), LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (LVMUY), L'Oreal SA (LRLCY), The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC), Unilever NV (UN), Reynolds American (RAI), Ambev S.A. (ABEV), Diageo PLC (DEO), Unilever PLC (UL), Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC (RBGLY) and Mondelez International (MDLZ).
Who are Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's key executives?
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's management team includes the folowing people:
- Carlos Alves Brito, Chief Executive Officer
- Felipe Dutra, Chief Financial & Technology Officer
- Joao M. Giffoni Castro Neves, Zone President North America
- Jan Craps, Zone President Asia Pacific South
- Carlos Eduardo Lisboa, Zone President Latin America South
- Jean Jereissati, Zone President for Asia Pacific North
- Mauricio Leyva Arboleda, Zone President Middle Americas
- Stuart Murray MacFarlane, Zone President Europe
- Ricardo Moreira, Zone President Latin America COPEC
- Bernardo Pinto Paiva, Zone President Latin America North
Who owns Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock?
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.30%), Beck Mack & Oliver LLC (0.04%), Jarislowsky Fraser Ltd (0.03%), US Bancorp DE (0.01%), Cacti Asset Management LLC (0.01%) and Clarkston Capital Partners LLC (0.01%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA.
Who sold Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock? Who is selling Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock?
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Moody Lynn & Lieberson LLC, Greenleaf Trust, NGAM Advisors L.P., Vontobel Asset Management Inc., BB&T Corp, Wright Investors Service Inc., Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. and Abner Herrman & Brock LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA.
Who bought Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock? Who is buying Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock?
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Harbour Capital Advisors LLC, Fisher Asset Management LLC, Ledyard National Bank, Aperio Group LLC, Narwhal Capital Management, Boston Advisors LLC, Peak Capital Management LLC and Lawson Kroeker Investment Management Inc. NE. View Insider Buying and Selling for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA.
How do I buy Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock?
Shares of Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE BUD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA stock can currently be purchased for approximately $122.84.
Consensus Ratings for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 8 Hold Ratings, 10 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.47)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$124.50 (1.35% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)
(Data available from 7/28/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/28/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|7/27/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Set Price Target||Hold||$111.00||High|
|7/10/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|7/10/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|3/2/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$120.00 -> $115.00||N/A|
|1/31/2017||HSBC Holdings plc||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|1/13/2017||Barclays PLC||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||N/A|
|12/29/2016||Investec||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|10/20/2016||Societe Generale||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|10/12/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
|10/11/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
|10/10/2016||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||N/A|
|10/10/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|10/5/2016||Morgan Stanley||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||N/A|
|10/3/2016||Liberum Capital||Initiated Coverage||Buy||N/A|
|8/22/2016||Kepler Capital Markets||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Natixis||Upgrade||Reduce -> Neutral||N/A|
|7/28/2016||Bank Degroof ||Downgrade||Hold||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$125.30 -> $121.70||N/A|
|12/10/2015||Banco Santander, S.A.||Upgrade||Buy||N/A|
|11/16/2015||Nomura||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$106.00 -> $130.00||N/A|
|11/16/2015||BNP Paribas||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||N/A|
|11/13/2015||Berenberg Bank||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|9/17/2015||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$147.00||N/A|
|9/16/2015||Evercore ISI||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|8/26/2015||ING Group||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)Earnings History by Quarter for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE BUD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/27/2017||6/30/2017||$1.14||$0.95||$14.15 billion||$14.18 billion||View||N/A|
|3/2/2017||12/31/2016||$1.03||$0.43||$14.04 billion||$14.20 billion||View||Listen|
|10/28/2016||Q3||$1.19||$0.83||$11.40 billion||$11.69 billion||View||N/A|
|7/29/2016||Q216||$1.00||$1.06||$10.93 billion||$10.81 billion||View||Listen|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$0.88||$0.51||$9.94 billion||$9.40 billion||View||N/A|
|2/25/2016||Q415||$1.23||$1.56||$11.23 billion||$10.72 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2015||Q315||$1.26||$1.02||$11.65 billion||$11.38 billion||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q215||$1.34||$1.21||$11.57 billion||$11.10 billion||View||Listen|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$1.06||$1.40||$10.24 million||$10.45 billion||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$1.44||$1.54||$11.80 billion||$12.02 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2014||Q412||$1.50||$1.42||$12.50 billion||$12.24 billion||View||N/A|
|7/31/2014||Q2||$1.35||$1.60||$12.20 billion||$12.20 billion||View||N/A|
|5/7/2014||Q1||$1.01||$0.87||$10.44 billion||$10.61 billion||View||N/A|
|2/26/2014||Q4||$1.28||$1.46||$11.58 billion||$11.71 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2013||Q312||$1.32||$0.73||$8.04 billion||$8.46 billion||View||N/A|
|7/31/2013||$1.05||$0.93||$10.40 billion||$10.59 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)
|Most Recent Dividend:||5/25/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||9.80% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||227.41% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
70.74% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
60.79% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||7 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE BUD)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)
Latest Headlines for Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (NYSE:BUD)
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA (BUD) Chart for Friday, July, 28, 2017