About Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
Ellington Financial LLC is a specialty finance company that acquires and manages mortgage-related and other financial assets. The Company's targeted assets include residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS), backed by loans for which the principal and interest payments are not guaranteed by a United States Government agency or a United States Government-sponsored entity, collectively referred to as non-Agency RMBS; RMBS for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by the United States government agency or the United States government-sponsored entity (Agency RMBS); consumer loans and asset-backed securities (ABS) backed by consumer loans; commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) commercial mortgage loans and other commercial real estate debt; residential mortgage loans; collateralized loan obligations (CLOs); corporate debt and equity, including distressed debt and equity, and mortgage-related derivatives.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Market Cap: $505.14 million
- Outstanding Shares: 32,112,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $15.66
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $16.18
- 52 Week Range: $15.30 - $17.00
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.10
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.35
- P/E Growth: 0.86
- Annual Revenue: $69.62 million
- Price / Sales: 7.26
- Book Value: $19.49 per share
- Price / Book: 0.81
- Annual Dividend: $1.80
- Dividend Yield: 11.4%
- Net Margins: 26.67%
- Return on Equity: 5.48%
- Return on Assets: 1.32%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.90%
- Current Ratio: 2.86%
- Quick Ratio: 2.86%
- Average Volume: 94,054 shs.
- Beta: 0.43
- Short Ratio: 0.2
Frequently Asked Questions for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
What is Ellington Financial LLC's stock symbol?
Ellington Financial LLC trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "EFC."
How often does Ellington Financial LLC pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Ellington Financial LLC?
Ellington Financial LLC declared a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, August 1st. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 1st will be given a dividend of $0.45 per share on Friday, September 15th. This represents a $1.80 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 11.44%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 30th. View Ellington Financial LLC's Dividend History.
How were Ellington Financial LLC's earnings last quarter?
Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC) issued its earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported $0.27 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.33 by $0.06. The business earned $22.66 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $21.82 million. Ellington Financial LLC had a net margin of 26.67% and a return on equity of 5.48%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was down 4.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.15 EPS. View Ellington Financial LLC's Earnings History.
When will Ellington Financial LLC make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Ellington Financial LLC's stock going? Where will Ellington Financial LLC's stock price be in 2017?
2 brokers have issued 1-year price objectives for Ellington Financial LLC's shares. Their forecasts range from $17.50 to $20.00. On average, they expect Ellington Financial LLC's stock price to reach $18.75 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Ellington Financial LLC.
What are analysts saying about Ellington Financial LLC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Ellington Financial LLC stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Ellington Financial LLC is a finance company that engages in acquiring and managing mortgage-related assets, including residential mortgage backed securities, prime jumbo, Alternative A-paper and subprime residential mortgage loans. The Company's targeted assets also include mortgage-related derivatives, corporate debt and equity securities and derivatives. Ellington Financial LLC is headquartered in Old Greenwich, USA. " (10/9/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "Ellington Financial reported 1Q17 EPS of $0.46, beating the Street and FBR estimates of $0.36 and $0.29, respectively, and covering the $0.45 dividend. We estimate core EPS, which excludes realized and unrealized gains on investments, FX, and derivatives, came in at $0.36, in line with consensus but below the dividend. Overall, this was a strong quarter as the company achieved a strong economic return of 10.4% annualized while continuing to redeploy capital from legacy non-agency RMBS into higher-yielding credit investments and securing new sources of financing. Given the larger portfolio and just over two-thirds of capital allocated to credit strategies that generate mid-teens ROEs, we believe core earnings power is poised to increase going forward, which should bode well for shares and support a stronger valuation. As such, we reiterate our Outperform rating and $17.50 price target, which represents a 10% discount to tangible book value and a total potential return of 17% when including the dividend." (5/8/2017)
Who are some of Ellington Financial LLC's key competitors?
Who are Ellington Financial LLC's key executives?
Ellington Financial LLC's management team includes the folowing people:
- Thomas F. Robards, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Laurence E. Penn, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Lisa Mumford, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael W. Vranos, Co-Chief Investment Officer, Director
- Mark Tecotzky, Co-Chief Investment Officer
- Daniel Margolis, General Counsel
- Edward Resendez, Independent Director
- Ronald I. Simon Ph.D., Independent Director
Who owns Ellington Financial LLC stock?
Who sold Ellington Financial LLC stock? Who is selling Ellington Financial LLC stock?
Who bought Ellington Financial LLC stock? Who is buying Ellington Financial LLC stock?
How do I buy Ellington Financial LLC stock?
Shares of Ellington Financial LLC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Ellington Financial LLC's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE EFC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Ellington Financial LLC and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Ellington Financial LLC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $15.73.
Earnings History for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)Earnings History by Quarter for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE EFC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||$0.33||$0.27||$21.82 million||$22.66 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$0.25||$0.02||$25.46 million||$17.47 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2016||Q216||$0.44||$0.15||$25.02 million||$20.01 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2016||Q116||$0.48||($0.69)||$24.27 million||$22.10 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q315||$0.57||$0.51||$23.40 million||$27.01 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.55||$0.39||$23.95 million||$26.76 million||View||Listen|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$0.62||$0.52||$21.80 million||$26.81 million||View||Listen|
|2/11/2015||Q414||$0.69||$0.56||$22.20 million||$28.84 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2014||Q413||$0.74||$0.45||$22.50 million||$22.52 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2014||Q413||$0.73||$0.81||$20.65 million||$21.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2014||Q1||$0.72||$0.55||$23.24 million||$21.50 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2013||Q2 2013||$0.71||$0.49||$18.71 million||View||Listen|
|5/6/2013||Q1 2013||$1.04||$0.94||$15.48 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.56
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.56
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/15/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||-14.10% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||257.15% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
146.34% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
118.42% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE EFC)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 10.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 50.53%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/14/2013||Michael Vranos||major shareholder||Buy||500,000||$23.28||$11,640,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
Latest Headlines for Ellington Financial LLC (NYSE:EFC)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Ellington Financial LLC (EFC) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017