About Ford Motor Company (F)
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company. The Company's business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles (SUVs), as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. The Company operates in four segments: Automotive, Financial Services, Ford Smart Mobility LLC, and Central Treasury Operations. The Automotive segment primarily includes the sale of Ford and Lincoln brand vehicles, service parts, and accessories across the world. The Financial Services segment primarily includes its vehicle-related financing and leasing activities at Ford Motor Credit Company LLC. Ford Smart Mobility LLC is a subsidiary formed to design, build, grow, and invest in emerging mobility services. The Central Treasury Operations segment is primarily engaged in decision making for investments, risk management activities, and providing financing for the Automotive segment.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Auto/Tires/Trucks
- Industry: Auto Manufacturers - Major
- Sub-Industry: Automobile Manufacturers
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: F
- CUSIP: 34537086
- Previous Close: $11.72
- 50 Day Moving Average: $12.49
- 200 Day Moving Average: $12.30
- 52-Week Range: $3,974,297,000.00 - $11.07
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 10.23
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 6.88
- P/E Growth: 2.44
- Market Cap: $46.78B
- Outstanding Shares: 3,974,297,000
- Beta: 1.02
- Net Margins: 3.08%
- Return on Equity: 23.23%
- Return on Assets: 2.97%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 3.20%
- Current Ratio: 1.20%
- Quick Ratio: 1.10%
Companies Related to Ford Motor Company:
Earnings History for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)Earnings History by Quarter for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/27/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|1/26/2017||Q416||$0.31||$0.30||$35.12 billion||$38.70 billion||View||N/A|
|10/27/2016||Q316||$0.20||$0.26||$32.70 billion||$35.90 billion||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q216||$0.60||$0.52||$36.29 billion||$39.50 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2016||Q116||$0.48||$0.68||$35.69 billion||$35.26 billion||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q415||$0.51||$0.58||$36.32 billion||$37.90 billion||View||Listen|
|10/27/2015||Q315||$0.45||$0.45||$35.44 billion||$38.10 billion||View||Listen|
|7/28/2015||Q215||$0.37||$0.47||$35.40 billion||$35.10 billion||View||Listen|
|4/28/2015||Q115||$0.26||$0.23||$34.20 billion||$33.90 billion||View||Listen|
|1/29/2015||Q414||$0.23||$0.26||$34.71 billion||$33.80 billion||View||Listen|
|10/24/2014||Q314||$0.19||$0.24||$33.19 billion||$35.80 billion||View||Listen|
|7/24/2014||Q214||$0.38||$0.32||$38.13 billion||$37.40 billion||View||Listen|
|4/25/2014||Q114||$0.31||$0.25||$34.06 billion||$35.60 billion||View||Listen|
|1/28/2014||Q413||$0.29||$0.31||$35.40 billion||$36.30 billion||View||Listen|
|10/24/2013||Q313||$0.36||$0.45||$34.07 billion||$36.00 billion||View||Listen|
|7/24/2013||Q2 2013||$0.37||$0.45||$35.15 billion||$33.30 billion||View||Listen|
|4/24/2013||Q1 2013||$0.39||$0.40||$33.77 billion||$32.40 billion||View||Listen|
|1/29/2013||Q4 2012||$0.25||$0.31||$33.17 billion||$36.50 billion||View||Listen|
|10/30/2012||Q312||$0.30||$0.40||$31.32 billion||$32.10 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.64 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.71 EPS
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
|Most Recent Dividend:||3/1/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||14.50% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||52.63% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
36.59% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
35.09% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.10%Insider Trades by Quarter for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 54.19%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/16/2017||Ziad S Ojakli||Insider||Sell||50,309||$12.63||$635,402.67|| |
|3/2/2017||Bennie W Fowler||Insider||Sell||92,528||$12.68||$1,173,255.04|| |
|2/17/2017||David L Schoch||Insider||Sell||50,098||$12.56||$629,230.88|| |
|1/4/2017||Hau N Thai-Tang||Insider||Sell||17,499||$13.25||$231,861.75|| |
|12/5/2016||Bradley M. Gayton||VP||Sell||12,278||$12.44||$152,738.32|| |
|11/18/2016||Ziad S Ojakli||Insider||Sell||10,000||$11.86||$118,600.00|| |
|10/4/2016||Sankar S Nair||Insider||Sell||82,000||$12.11||$993,020.00|| |
|8/8/2016||John C Lechleiter||Director||Buy||5,000||$12.26||$61,300.00|| |
|5/16/2016||James D Farley Jr||EVP||Sell||78,042||$13.31||$1,038,739.02|| |
|5/4/2016||Joseph R Hinrichs||EVP||Sell||60,000||$13.32||$799,200.00|| |
|5/4/2016||Stuart J Rowley||VP||Sell||13,000||$13.34||$173,420.00|| |
|4/4/2016||Mark Fields||CEO||Sell||757,730||$12.82||$9,714,098.60|| |
|3/7/2016||William Clay Ford Jr||Chairman||Buy||800,000||$13.60||$10,880,000.00|| |
|3/4/2016||Stuart J Rowley||VP||Sell||10,000||$13.59||$135,900.00|| |
|3/3/2016||Hau N. Thai-Tang||VP||Sell||19,799||$13.52||$267,682.48|| |
|2/17/2016||Bennie W. Fowler||VP||Sell||18,000||$12.00||$216,000.00|| |
|2/3/2016||John C. Lechleiter||Director||Buy||6,000||$11.17||$67,020.00|| |
|9/3/2015||John C Lechleiter||Director||Buy||3,000||$13.85||$41,550.00|| |
|9/2/2015||John Fleming||EVP||Sell||91,576||$13.80||$1,263,748.80|| |
|7/2/2015||David L Schoch||VP||Sell||14,903||$14.88||$221,756.64|| |
|6/18/2015||David G Leitch||VP||Sell||140,000||$15.01||$2,101,400.00|| |
|5/14/2015||John C Lechleiter||Director||Buy||3,000||$15.22||$45,660.00|| |
|3/24/2015||David G Leitch||VP||Sell||55,000||$16.58||$911,900.00|| |
|3/20/2015||Stuart J Rowley||VP||Sell||12,000||$16.47||$197,640.00|| |
|2/18/2015||John Fleming||EVP||Sell||290,987||$16.22||$4,719,809.14|| |
|2/4/2015||Hau N Thai-Tang||VP||Sell||25,000||$15.85||$396,250.00|| |
|11/12/2014||Bennie W Fowler||VP||Sell||17,000||$14.30||$243,100.00|| |
|11/4/2014||John C Lechleiter||Director||Buy||2,500||$13.95||$34,875.00|| |
|8/18/2014||David G Leitch||VP||Sell||60,000||$17.44||$1,046,400.00|| |
|8/14/2014||Sankar S Nair||VP||Sell||29,000||$17.31||$501,990.00|| |
|8/13/2014||Nicholas J Smither||VP||Sell||54,748||$17.35||$949,877.80|| |
|8/12/2014||Joseph R Hinrichs||EVP||Sell||191,948||$17.22||$3,305,344.56|| |
|8/12/2014||Stuart J Rowley||VP||Sell||31,082||$17.32||$538,340.24|| |
|8/11/2014||Robert L Shanks||CFO||Sell||280,896||$17.13||$4,811,748.48|| |
|6/13/2014||Hau N Thai-Tang||VP||Sell||22,763||$16.60||$377,865.80|| |
|6/13/2014||John Fleming||EVP||Sell||194,940||$16.61||$3,237,953.40|| |
|5/22/2014||Felicia Fields||VP||Sell||114,000||$16.00||$1,824,000.00|| |
|5/21/2014||Joseph Hinrichs||EVP||Sell||77,940||$15.92||$1,240,804.80|| |
|5/16/2014||Hau Thai-Tang||VP||Sell||22,000||$15.85||$348,700.00|| |
|5/15/2014||William Clay Ford, Jr.||Chairman||Sell||26,849||$15.57||$418,038.93|| |
|5/8/2014||John Fleming||EVP||Sell||67,022||$15.87||$1,063,639.14|| |
|3/18/2014||James Farley, Jr.||EVP||Sell||81,455||$15.32||$1,247,890.60|| |
|3/10/2014||Bennie Fowler||VP||Sell||40,000||$15.49||$619,600.00|| |
|3/10/2014||John Lechleiter||Director||Buy||3,000||$15.56||$46,680.00|| |
|2/21/2014||David Schoch||VP||Sell||22,000||$15.29||$336,380.00|| |
|11/5/2013||John Lechleiter||Director||Buy||2,500||$17.06||$42,650.00|| |
|9/11/2013||Nicholas Smither||VP||Sell||87,512||$17.42||$1,524,459.04|| |
|9/10/2013||Bernard B Silverstone||VP||Sell||26,387||$17.57||$463,619.59|| |
|9/9/2013||Felicia J Fields||VP||Sell||89,000||$17.32||$1,541,480.00|| |
|8/23/2013||James Farley, Jr.||EVP||Sell||176,745||$16.42||$2,902,152.90|| |
|8/5/2013||J Mays||VP||Sell||104,364||$17.37||$1,812,802.68|| |
|8/5/2013||William Clay Ford, Jr.||Chairman||Sell||3,030,684||$17.21||$52,158,071.64|| |
|8/2/2013||John Fleming||EVP||Sell||241,097||$17.40||$4,195,087.80|| |
|8/2/2013||Raymond Day||VP||Sell||10,000||$17.20||$172,000.00|| |
|6/5/2013||John Fleming||EVP||Sell||150,000||$15.38||$2,307,000.00|| |
|6/4/2013||Thomas K Brown||VP||Sell||100,000||$15.99||$1,599,000.00|| |
|5/22/2013||David G Leitch||VP||Sell||34,510||$15.19||$524,206.90|| |
|5/22/2013||Robert L Shanks||CFO||Sell||30,000||$15.26||$457,800.00|| |
|5/21/2013||Felicia J Fields||VP||Sell||30,000||$15.05||$451,500.00|| |
|5/17/2013||Stuart J Rowley||VP||Sell||28,000||$14.98||$419,440.00|| |
|5/15/2013||Raymond F Day||VP||Sell||49,916||$14.68||$732,766.88|| |
|5/6/2013||Bernard B Silverstone||VP||Sell||10,000||$14.08||$140,800.00|| |
|3/14/2013||Raymond F Day||VP||Sell||8,250||$13.40||$110,550.00|| |
|2/12/2013||Thomas K Brown||VP||Sell||80,000||$13.13||$1,050,400.00|| |
|10/3/2012||James D Farley Jr||VP||Sell||62,839||$9.81||$616,450.59|| |
Headline Trends for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
Latest Headlines for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
Frequently Asked Questions for Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
What is Ford Motor Company's stock symbol?
Ford Motor Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "F."
How often does Ford Motor Company pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Ford Motor Company?
Ford Motor Company declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, January 11th. Investors of record on Friday, January 20th will be paid a dividend of $0.15 per share on Wednesday, March 1st. This represents a $0.60 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 5.10%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, January 18th.
How were Ford Motor Company's earnings last quarter?
Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, January, 26th. The company reported $0.30 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.31 by $0.01. The business earned $38.70 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $35.12 billion. Ford Motor Company had a return on equity of 23.23% and a net margin of 3.08%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 2.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.58 EPS.
When will Ford Motor Company make its next earnings announcement?
Ford Motor Company is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Thursday, April, 27th 2017.
Where is Ford Motor Company's stock going? Where will Ford Motor Company's stock price be in 2017?
22 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price targets for Ford Motor Company's stock. Their forecasts range from $10.00 to $20.00. On average, they anticipate Ford Motor Company's share price to reach $13.73 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about Ford Motor Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Ford Motor Company stock:
- 1. Morgan Stanley analysts commented, "While we recognize sentiment on Ford may be as low as any name under our US coverage, we think is it justifiably so. The market appears to have moved against Ford along some key vectors in a meaningful way. Some tweaks to our earnings model drive a slight reduction of price target to $11 from $12 previously. We have made rather small adjustments to our earnings model, mostly reducing our NA and European pricing assumptions to reflect an increasingly competitive market environment in passenger car segments (i.e., excluding SUVs and pickups) where we see Ford as relatively more exposed than its peers. This leads to our NA pretax margin falling 110bps to 8.6% in 2017 from 9.7% in 2016. The EPS impact is a negative revision of 4% for our 2017 EPS and a 2% negative revision for 2018 and 2019. Following the cut, our 2017 EPS forecast is 3% below consensus before falling to levels 11% and 12% below consensus in 2018 and 2019 respectively. We wanted to take this opportunity to point out how significantly our earnings forecast for Ford lags that of the market. The impact on our LBO-based price target is a slight reduction to $11 from $12 previously, suggesting 12% downside to fair value.Key headwinds on Ford's product strategy:High exposure to small cars.High exposure to downsized/boosted engines.The emphasis on material science to reduce weight in the pickup truck may have come at the sacrifice of margin.Relatively low exposure to full sized SUVs vs. key domestic peers.Low exposure to premium brands.Ford's NA margins peaked at over 10% in 2012 and 2013 and stood at a still-very-strong 9.7% in 2016. We forecast a 'soft landing' to 7.7% NA margins by 2020 before stabilizing at 5.5% through the cycle. Any sign that a mid-single-digit forecast level could be catalyzed earlier could help wash-out consensus expectations. Please note, we are not at this time forecasting an NA margin decline of several hundred basis points for Ford, but we are watching the situation closely." (3/7/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Ford's bad news has been more than dissected in the last 6 months and sufficiently priced-in. Cyclical risks remain but estimates are holding up and Ford would benefit most among D3 from 1) infrastructure spending, 2) border adjusted tax reform and 3) exposure to a Russian auto recovery, all of which could spring earnings surprises. We upgrade to Hold (PT from $10 to $12) and switch relative preference from GM where cash returns appear at risk." (2/10/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Ford posted a year-over-year decline in adjusted earnings per share in the third quarter of 2016. However, earnings per share comfortably surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Revenues also declined year over year but outpaced the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Ford expects 2016 pre-tax profit, adjusted earnings per share and automotive operating margin to be lower than 2015. Further, results from most regions are expected to be weaker this year. The positives for Ford include product launches, global expansion plans, efficient capital deployment, success of the One Ford plan, focus on autonomous vehicle development and a solid long-term outlook. However, Brexit-related concerns, weakness in South America, frequent product recalls and rising structural expenses are some concerns." (11/2/2016)
- 4. Barclays PLC analysts commented, "We see the biggest source of weakness from NA, with profits contracting by $1.2bn (down to $8.8bn), and with margin compression of 110bp down to 8.4%. Smart Mobility strategy update to give us greater comfort on Ford’s role in a world of #disruptivemobility: We expect Ford to show how it will expand its role in a world of #disruptivemobility beyond just vehicle manufacturing. We are also likely to get a more clear framework of its technology portfolio in electrification and autonomous (leveraging its autonomous announcement last month, and today’s mobility announcement that it is buying a shuttle service that uses Transit vans). Still expect OEMs to outperform suppliers, but beware volatility: We still believe that OEM stocks should outperform suppliers for now, given significantly depressed valuations and solid dividend yields for the OEMs. That said, negative datapoints will cause volatility, and we believe that Ford stock may underperform in the very near-term off a weaker outlook." (9/12/2016)
- 5. Rodman & Renshaw analysts commented, "With this transition now complete, we believe the company should make steady progress towards achieving mid-30 percent gross margins (from high-20 percent levels currently)," analyst Amit Dayal wrote in a note.On the revenue front, the analyst said the company's expanding distribution strategy and growing portfolio of LED offerings should give investors more confidence in its ability to capture share in the fast growing LED market.Related Link: Pacific Crest Favors Veeco Over Cree In LED SectorThe company has sold its products to about 178 Fortune 500 companies like General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), Toyota Motor Corp (ADR) (NYSE: TM) and The Coca-Cola Co (NYSE: KO).Dayal believes Orion's existing relationship with these large customers should position it very competitively to win new LED business as replacement cycles come up. LED Sector On The Rise"We believe the LED deployment opportunity within the existing high bay customer base alone is $850 million and overall less than 5 percent of the OESX deployed facilities have been retrofitted with LED systems," Dayal noted.By 2030, LED lighting is estimated to account for the majority of installations and be equivalent to 88 percent of all "lumenhours" produced for general lighting. As such, the analyst believes Orion's total addressable market for retrofit lighting systems in North America is about $200 billion.Orion's stock has traded between $1.04 and $2.50 over the last 52-week period, with a significant drop seen in early February 2016 on the back of weaker third-quarter revenues. Looking ForwardThe stock has been depressed since those results, as investors await indications of improvement in in the company's LED sales and would like to see contribution from LED's steadily expand every quarter. Related Link: Pacific Crest Remains A Buyer Of Veeco Instruments Following Recent Site Visit"Given these results we are taking a slightly conservative stance and are anticipating that some weakness may persist in the FY4Q16 results," (7/18/2016)
Are investors shorting Ford Motor Company?
Ford Motor Company saw a increase in short interest in the month of February. As of February 28th, there was short interest totalling 76,055,514 shares, an increase of 0.8% from the February 15th total of 76,651,555 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 30,548,559 shares, the short-interest ratio is currently 2.5 days.
Who owns Ford Motor Company stock?
Ford Motor Company's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (4.00%), Franklin Resources Inc. (2.02%), Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (1.10%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.94%), Loomis Sayles & Co. L P (0.79%) and Norges Bank (0.58%). Company insiders that own Ford Motor Company stock include Bennie W Fowler, Bradley M Gayton, David G Leitch, David L Schoch, Hau N Thai-Tang, James D Farley Jr, John C Lechleiter, John Fleming, Joseph R Hinrichs, Mark Fields, Sankar S Nair, Stuart J Rowley, William Clay Ford Jr and Ziad S Ojakli.
Who sold Ford Motor Company stock? Who is selling Ford Motor Company stock?
Ford Motor Company's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Aviva PLC, NN Investment Partners Holdings N.V., First Republic Investment Management Inc., Baird Financial Group Inc. and State Board of Administration of Florida Retirement System. Company insiders that have sold Ford Motor Company stock in the last year include Bennie W Fowler, Bradley M Gayton, David L Schoch, Hau N Thai-Tang, James D Farley Jr, Joseph R Hinrichs, Mark Fields, Sankar S Nair, Stuart J Rowley and Ziad S Ojakli.
Who bought Ford Motor Company stock? Who is buying Ford Motor Company stock?
Ford Motor Company's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Norges Bank, Franklin Resources Inc., Renaissance Technologies LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., State Street Corp, Russell Investments Group Ltd., DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main and Luminus Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Ford Motor Company stock in the last two years include John C Lechleiter and William Clay Ford Jr.
How do I buy Ford Motor Company stock?
Shares of Ford Motor Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Ford Motor Company stock cost?
One share of Ford Motor Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.77.
Ford Motor Company (F) Chart for Thursday, March, 23, 2017