About Freeport-McMoRan (FCX)
Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (FCX) is a mining company. The Company operates through geographical assets with proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum, and traded copper producer. The Company's segments include refined copper products, copper in concentrate, gold, molybdenum, oil and other. The Company's segments include the Morenci, Cerro Verde, Grasberg copper mines, the Rod & Refining operations and the United States (U.S.) Oil and Gas Operations. The Company has organized its operations into five divisions, which include North America copper mines, South America mining, Indonesia mining and Molybdenum mines. The Company's portfolio of assets includes the Grasberg minerals district in Indonesia, copper and gold deposits, and mining operations in the Americas, including the large-scale Morenci minerals district in North America and the Cerro Verde operation in South America.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Basic Materials
- Industry: Copper
- Sub-Industry: Diversified Metals & Mining
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: FCX
- CUSIP: 35671D85
- Previous Close: $12.23
- 50 Day Moving Average: $12.84
- 200 Day Moving Average: $13.54
- 52-Week Range: $9.24 - $17.06
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.06
- P/E Growth: 0.20
- Market Cap: $17.68B
- Outstanding Shares: 1,445,380,000
- Beta: 2.49
- Net Margins: -28.09%
- Return on Equity: 3.52%
- Return on Assets: 0.75%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.60%
- Current Ratio: 2.45%
- Quick Ratio: 1.59%
Companies Related to Freeport-McMoRan:
Earnings History for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)Earnings History by Quarter for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/24/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|1/25/2017||Q416||$0.33||$0.25||$4.34 billion||$4.38 billion||View||N/A|
|10/25/2016||Q316||$0.19||$0.13||$3.95 billion||$3.88 billion||View||Listen|
|7/26/2016||Q216||($0.01)||($0.02)||$3.70 billion||$3.33 billion||View||Listen|
|4/26/2016||Q116||($0.17)||($0.16)||$3.52 billion||$3.53 billion||View||Listen|
|1/26/2016||Q415||($0.17)||($0.02)||$3.89 billion||$3.80 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2015||Q315||($0.08)||($0.15)||$3.96 billion||$3.68 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2015||Q215||$0.07||$0.14||$4.30 billion||$4.25 billion||View||Listen|
|4/23/2015||Q115||($0.07)||($0.06)||$4.06 billion||$4.15 billion||View||N/A|
|1/27/2015||Q414||$0.35||$0.25||$4.93 billion||$5.24 billion||View||N/A|
|10/28/2014||Q314||$0.61||$0.64||$5.65 billion||$5.70 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.49||$0.58||$5.24 billion||$5.52 billion||View||N/A|
|4/24/2014||Q114||$0.41||$0.49||$5.01 billion||$4.99 billion||View||Listen|
|1/22/2014||Q413||$0.81||$0.84||$6.39 billion||$5.90 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2013||Q313||$0.62||$0.79||$5.68 billion||$6.17 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2013||Q2 2013||$0.41||$0.49||$4.28 billion||$4.29 billion||View||N/A|
|4/18/2013||Q1 2013||$0.81||$0.68||$4.76 billion||$4.58 billion||View||Listen|
|1/22/2013||Q4 2012||$0.72||$0.74||$4.48 billion||$4.51 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.19
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.86
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
|Most Recent Dividend:||11/2/2015|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||0.00% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
0.00% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
0.00% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 66.80%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|2/16/2017||C Donald Whitmire Jr||VP||Sell||2,525||$15.22||$38,430.50|| |
|2/16/2017||Harry M Iv Conger||COO||Sell||77,500||$15.24||$1,181,100.00|| |
|2/9/2017||C Donald Whitmire Jr||VP||Sell||57,620||$15.42||$888,500.40|| |
|2/1/2017||Jon C/ Madonna||Director||Sell||14,000||$16.61||$232,540.00|| |
|10/27/2016||Courtney Mather||Director||Buy||150,000||$10.72||$1,608,000.00|| |
|9/4/2015||James C Flores||Vice Chairman||Buy||2,200,000||$9.70||$21,340,000.00|| |
|8/28/2015||James R Moffett||Chairman||Buy||100,000||$10.57||$1,057,000.00|| |
|8/18/2015||Gerald J Ford||Director||Buy||1,000,000||$9.94||$9,940,000.00|| |
|6/3/2015||James C Flores||Vice Chairman||Buy||60,000||$20.52||$1,231,200.00|| |
|12/12/2014||Michael J Arnold||CAO||Buy||50,000||$22.15||$1,107,500.00|| |
|12/11/2014||James C Flores||Chairman||Buy||500,000||$23.60||$11,800,000.00|| |
|5/28/2014||Robert Day||Director||Sell||186,000||$33.77||$6,281,220.00|| |
|5/7/2014||H Devon Graham, Jr.||Director||Sell||1,890||$34.06||$64,373.40|| |
|11/7/2013||J Bennett Johnston||Director||Buy||20,000||$36.72||$734,400.00|| |
|11/4/2013||J Bennett Johnston||Director||Buy||18,900||$37.13||$701,757.00|| |
|10/25/2013||James C Flores||Chairman||Buy||1,500,000||$37.45||$56,175,000.00|| |
|8/2/2013||Gerald Ford||Director||Buy||1,000,000||$29.18||$29,180,000.00|| |
|8/1/2013||Bobby Lee Lackey||Director||Buy||1,800||$29.09||$52,362.00|| |
|7/30/2013||James R Moffett||Chairman||Buy||1,000,000||$28.53||$28,530,000.00|| |
|7/26/2013||J Taylor Wharton||Director||Sell||9,416||$28.61||$269,391.76|| |
|7/26/2013||James C Flores||Chairman||Buy||517,350||$28.65||$14,822,077.50|| |
|6/3/2013||James C Flores||Chairman||Buy||1,100,000||$31.17||$34,287,000.00|| |
|3/1/2013||J Bennett Johnston||Director||Buy||16,000||$31.48||$503,680.00|| |
Headline Trends for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
Latest Headlines for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
Frequently Asked Questions for Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE:FCX)
What is Freeport-McMoRan's stock symbol?
Freeport-McMoRan trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "FCX."
How were Freeport-McMoRan's earnings last quarter?
Freeport-McMoRan Inc (NYSE:FCX) released its earnings results on Wednesday, January, 25th. The company reported $0.25 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.33 by $0.08. The company had revenue of $4.38 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $4.34 billion. Freeport-McMoRan had a positive return on equity of 3.52% and a negative net margin of 28.09%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 24.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned ($0.02) EPS.
When will Freeport-McMoRan make its next earnings announcement?
Freeport-McMoRan is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, April, 24th 2017.
Where is Freeport-McMoRan's stock going? Where will Freeport-McMoRan's stock price be in 2017?
15 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Freeport-McMoRan's shares. Their forecasts range from $7.00 to $20.00. On average, they expect Freeport-McMoRan's share price to reach $13.43 in the next year.
What are analysts saying about Freeport-McMoRan stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Freeport-McMoRan stock:
- 1. FBR & Co analysts commented, "Over the weekend, another deadline has come and gone in Freeport's negotiations with the Government of Indonesia. The lack of any apparent material progress over the course of this year (and prior) leads us to believe that either a sale and/or arbitration are increasingly the most likely outcome in the prolonged dispute. We believe that either path holds additional risks for Freeport. The more favorable scenarios in which Freeport could continue to export concentrates while negotiations continue or a 'grand solution' appear less likely now. In our opinion, an argument that a sale might be the best outcome for Freeport is an acknowledgment that the company has few good options to choose from. We are concerned that if discussions move towards a sale process, investors will be paying close attention to the risk of value leakage, given the unique regulatory circumstances in Indonesia. Major questions would include how Freeport's assets are valued and how quickly Freeport divests, among others. Freeport can choose to go to arbitration around June/July of this year, which may be a catalyst for a mutually acceptable exit from Indonesia." (3/28/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Despite extensive negotiations, Freeport and Indonesia have made little progress regarding conversion of Freeport's COW to an IUPK, local ownership of PT-FI, smelter development, and long-term mining rights. Grasberg is operating at a reduced rate, and the FCX investment case depends on a resolution to the dispute. In this report, we include a detailed analysis of Freeport's options and conclude that a sale of its stake in Grasberg may be best." (3/28/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Freeport swung to a profit in fourth-quarter 2016, aided by its cost-saving actions. However, adjusted earnings missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Revenues rose by double digits on higher copper and gold sales, and beat expectations. Freeport has outperformed the Zacks categorized Mining-Non Ferrous industry in the past three months. The company is taking actions to manage costs and capital spending amid a still challenging operating environment. Freeport also remains focused on de-leveraging its balance sheet, partly through assets sale. It is also conducting exploration activities near its existing mines with a focus on opportunities to expand reserves that will support the development of additional future production capacity. However, Freeport’s copper business remains affected by supply-related issues and slowdown in China (a major market). Moreover, the company faces uncertainties surrounding the Grasberg mine." (1/30/2017)
- 4. Barclays PLC analysts commented, "Hold FCX shares for now. We think that the market has bid up the stock to fair value in anticipation of a relatively quick resolution of the political overhang at Grasberg - and a view that any lingering production disruption will end up as a net positive, with FCX gaining more from a tighter copper market than it loses from a near-or-medium term reduction in output. Remember FCX is effectively a pure-play copper mining stock at this point, and at spot $2.65/lb as of this writing copper has outrun our 1Q17 /FY17 global forecasts of $2.40/lb and $2.48/lb, respectively." (1/30/2017)
Are investors shorting Freeport-McMoRan?
Freeport-McMoRan saw a increase in short interest in the month of March. As of March 31st, there was short interest totalling 67,354,861 shares, an increase of 0.7% from the March 15th total of 66,882,150 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 22,303,508 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 3.0 days. Currently, 5.0% of the shares of the company are short sold.
Who owns Freeport-McMoRan stock?
Freeport-McMoRan's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Manning & Napier Advisors LLC (0.44%), Chevy Chase Trust Holdings Inc. (0.13%), National Pension Service (0.08%), Retirement Systems of Alabama (0.04%), Foundation Resource Management Inc. (0.03%) and Gulf International Bank UK Ltd (0.03%). Company insiders that own Freeport-McMoRan stock include C Donald Whitmire Jr, Courtney Mather, Gerald J Ford, Harry M Iv Conger, James C Flores, James R Moffett and Jon C/ Madonna.
Who sold Freeport-McMoRan stock? Who is selling Freeport-McMoRan stock?
Freeport-McMoRan's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Foundation Resource Management Inc., Reliance Trust Co. of Delaware, Private Asset Management Inc., CENTRAL TRUST Co, Park National Corp OH, Rothschild Investment Corp IL, Rathbone Brothers plc and Beech Hill Advisors Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Freeport-McMoRan stock in the last year include C Donald Whitmire Jr, Harry M Iv Conger and Jon C/ Madonna.
Who bought Freeport-McMoRan stock? Who is buying Freeport-McMoRan stock?
Freeport-McMoRan's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Manning & Napier Advisors LLC, Kessler Investment Group LLC, Chevy Chase Trust Holdings Inc., National Pension Service, Cornerstone Financial Partners LLC, Nisa Investment Advisors LLC, McQueen Ball & Associates Inc. and Nationwide Fund Advisors. Company insiders that have bought Freeport-McMoRan stock in the last two years include Courtney Mather, Gerald J Ford, James C Flores and James R Moffett.
How do I buy Freeport-McMoRan stock?
Shares of Freeport-McMoRan can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Freeport-McMoRan stock cost?
One share of Freeport-McMoRan stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.23.
Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) Chart for Monday, April, 24, 2017